not so fun life of a outlaw. [pm me to get in]

Dusty

((yay! first time posting a rp here so tell me what I need to fix! and this is open to ever one, I just want to have some good old fun))

“Pointless work for pointless pay” Dusty said to no one other him and his snake, Calamity. “The nobles have it so easy; The Princesses are putting gold on their bread as the landlord and taxman bleeds me dry.” He was off duty from pulling this week and was watching ponies get off the train, eyes open for good prey. Not to big and new to the west… but most of all rich. “Look at all of them Calamity, don’t think even one of them well know danger if it ripped their pink tutu off.” Finally he saw his gold. Young, new and looked rich as can be. With one look over to see if the sheriff or that crazy deputy were looking he saw that it was clear and he moved like lightning. “uf!” before the pony knew what hit him Dusty was gone.

Dusty walked into the Roadhouse that was just out of the way from the rest of the town. “Give me my standard.” He tossed the saddle bag onto the bar counter and opened it up to check his loot. “Junk. All junk!” he yelled. He tossed it off to a corner and had his drink. “Something need happen only three days in my time off and ah’m bored as can be…”

• 1 month later...

it had been a good day today. Milky had found out that the ponies in these parts weren't really prepared for aerial attacks. It had been quite a big pony, too, standing around all alone a bit outside the settlement. But if you put all your weight into it, and hit somepony by surprise, it didn't matter much. At first she had been pretty disappointed, since there was no food to be found on here victim, but then she noticed a little bag, tugged between the stallion's saddle bag and his body. It was filled with those round, shiny things she had seen changing hoofs all around this place. She wasn't quite sure on the concept, but she was pretty sure that she could exchange those for food somewhere.

She didn't want to go into the settlement with her loot, since that weird pony with the shiny star and the piercing eyes had watched her all the time last time she'd set hoof in there. But there was place a bit outside, in she vaguely remembered the smell of food coming from that direction.

She entered the building, holding the bag with her teeth, still wearing her flying goggles. She had never been in here before. Many eyes flashed in here direction, and away again, as if she wasn't who they were looking for. It was all the same to her.

Milky walked up to the counter. As she cleared her throat, the owner looked up from the glass he had been cleaning. Since she was no fool, Milky produced three of the round, shiny things from the bag and put them on the counter, and the bag aside it. "I want something to eat", she said while narrowing her eyes (which was all the same, since nopony could see them). The bartender raised a brow. "No can do, miss." he said. "you would need need at least..", and he thought about that for a split second, "..double of that."

That sounded wrong to Milky, but on the other hoof she hadn't eaten today, so she didn't argue. She fiddled around with the bag, metal tingling, and produced three more. "Something without apples." She said, calmly. "Comin' right up, miss."

She sat down at the counter, waiting for her food.

Dusty eyed the new lass up as he had his drink, she was new to town. Sand in fur, rather dirty (only the mad wast water on a bath), gear to keep sand out of her muzzel and eyes... she was not new to the desert. He gets up and walks over to her "Hello miss! Wait ya doing out here? Ah think you fit in the desert more then this town." the huge stallion sits next to her and orders up two drinks, she had to have some news from back in his home turf. Now the job was to get it out of her with out pushing it, no need to lose his one shot at knowing whats going on back in the desert.

Milky mustered the stallion with one eye. She wasn't exactly here to make friends, but there was no need to be rude. She could use something to drink.

"Thank you." she says calmly, vaguely turning her head in his direction. "I don't know you, I think." She attempted a smile, which wasn't very convincing. She hadn't had much practice. "My name is Milky. And you are..?"

'This doesn't seem like a dangerous situation, but I mustn't let my guard down', she thinks.

"name be Dusty Hooves son of Belle Starr! Ah hope ya know one of the two manes... both of us use to be big name outlaws... well my mom is one to this day!" Dusty takes a ship form his drink "But what ah want to know more is... Ware form the desert are ya? west, east or deep? And... if your in one... Gang name?" he gives her a big smile back, he had more gold and silver teeth then plane teeth "But ware are my manners?" he takes his hat off and bows, best be nice. Bits may win harts but trust wins gold. or some thing like that!

Coming from a secluded family, for some, would make this place seem wondrous and exciting. At the moment, it felt more like a field of quicksand.

She bows her head, hoping that was considered acceptable."Can't say I heard those names before, sorry." she says, after a moment of of thinking. Hopefully this smile is more convincing. "Hmm, I don't know from any 'gangs'. I lived with my family before I came here. They live deep in the desert, near an oasis." This wasn't a lie, technically. Father had been very particular about talking to outsiders about the clan, though.

At that point she really hoped her food would be coming soon. 'not sure how long I can keep this up', she thought.

(sorry for being slow! Busy busy!)

"I's fine must don't, being your from the deep. Ah came from the east part in the mountain range." with a wave of his hoof a other drink slid over to him and he drinks it in one go "So, how is the deep going? last ah heard the griffins are tossing more war ships out to keep it safe for traders. May just be Bord talk but eh ah don't know." Dusty pulls his had over his eyes and gets to cleaning his teeth with a dagger "But here ah am doing all the asking... Why don't ya take a shot? your new here. Ah tell ya what ever ya need"

Yes, she had seen the clunky wodden things the griffins flew over the desert sometimes, but they rarely passed her families territory. Genuinely amused, she replies: "But what good do flying ships against sandstorms?" Then, more thoughtful: "Well, maybe you can help me."

It would be hard to find her mother on her own, and she couldn't hope to be as lucky as today.

"Actually, I'm looking for someone, and I will need some way to get more of those." she points to the bag. "I can get food for that, right?"

The barkeep takes that moment to walk back to her, putting a tin plate with some kind of baked good on it in front of her. she sniff it. No apples. After living off of stolen apples for nearly a moon cycle. Perfect!

"If you don't mind, it's been a while since I last ate."

Behind her, at the entrance, there was a commotion. But she pays no attention to it at the moment.

From the entrance, a loud booming voice came closer quickly, as the stallion made his way to the bar. A heavy hoof is placed firmly on Milky's shoulder. She turned her head slightly, getting a quick look at the newcomer. 'It's that fool I took the bag from', she thought. This time she did let her guard down. 'I wont be able to get a flying start from here.'

The Stallion speaks, quietly, but with anger resonating in his voice:"scuse me, young lady, but I believe you got something that belongs to me." Milky remained quiet. "You hear me, missy? That bag. I want it back!"

'Couldn't you at least allow me to eat my food first?' she thought, as she pondered her next move.

Dusty looks over at the Stallion "boys..." three vary big train pullers walk up "Now sir, you may want to stop on that last word, for we are talking. Now ah'm not one to say this but you best get out if you don't want this to get bad. Do the math me and my boys are all bigger and stronger then you." all the pony's back up "miss you may want to leave now..." he gets up and winks at her "meet you out back"

(sorry it is not long I'm busy as all heck)

Milky got up. She would have to leave her food behind, and it probably wouldn't be so smart to take the bag with. That stallion would come again if she did.

Once outside, she couldn't help but stretch her wings. Taking a little leap, Milky hovered some inches over the ground. After that situation, she felt much saver in the air. She looked around, searching for Dusty Hooves.