A Day at the Arena (Open, ATTN: Pressy)

PyroBlaze

Magnus had mixed feelings about this area. They were certainly more free with displays of violence, which meant he could blow off some steam here, it was also very cold and he had had enough of being uncomfortably cold in his life. 

Still, the exercise was keeping him warm enough, and his position made procuring a warm fur coat all too easy. For the moment he was awaiting his next fight, the unicorn watching the show to see who the best fighters were. If he could get them on his side, he could make good use of them in the future. 

Currently, it was a bit of a one-sided match as a cocky, spear-wielding earth pony was mopping the floor with his opponent. How that pony wasn’t freezing in nothing but pants he may never know, but he seemed to have found a good candidate already if that attitude didn’t drive him crazy. 

Magnus sighed softly to himself from a seat in the stands, coat wrapped around him and sword hidden within, watching the proceedings with an outward appearance of mostly apathy. Most of these competitors were not that impressive, honestly. 

• Like 1

ul9Hkp9.png

With a pleased and satisfied smile, Hogo-sha walked into the stands. Ah, Whitescar. Such a wonderful place to find good challenges! Lately things had been lacking so this dog had decided spectate for today. He'd fought earlier this week and ... that was such a fun battle royale. Now , with some time to relax and admire the other fighters once again. The crowd's occasional roar of excitement seeming to shake the stadium witht the sheer power of raw enthusiasm. It could be so infectious sometimes.

Taking a seat down beside the cloaked stallion he smiled, "Good day, Stranger. How are the battles today?" The samurai sat his own weapon down beside him a he took a seat on the stone.

• Like 1

"Most don't look all that impressive from here." Magnus replied, glancing over at the new arrival sitting next to him. A diamond dog, and one dressed in somewhat fancy clothes, perhaps Long Guo or Neighpon in origin. Interesting... this one looked like he could be a skilled fighter, but there was no way to know for sure without seeing him in action.

"I am worried my next match will be over far too soon unless I play with them a bit like him." He gestured to the match in progress, the earth pony looking like he was having the time of his life just dodging and throwing out just enough of a counter to keep things going. It would be over soon though, from the look of his opponent. "Will you be entering the ring today? You look like you could put up quite the fight."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ul9Hkp9.png

"I think they all show a hint of promise... a bit bunch of diamonds in the rough perhaps. But isn't that what we all are at the start?" Asked the foreign canine as he enjoyed the  show down in the pits. That one with the spear was doing quite well. The stallion's words made Hogo-sha perk up a little, "Not today, I do have something I plan to join soon. I like to see how competition looks before I jump right in. Are you the same, Stranger?"

The foreigner extended his paw to the pony, "Oh! Where are my manners. I'm Hogo-sha. It's a pleasure."

• Like 1

“Perhaps. Doesn’t change the fact they aren’t much to look at right now.” Magnus hummed, watching the match play out below them. That was true enough, most didn’t start out as great fighters, it took practice. Still, he wasn’t sure he wanted to wait that long.

“Yes, reconnaissance is important before jumping into something. Knowing is half the battle, as they say.” He replied to the next question, looking over at the dog just in time to catch the introduction. He hesitated for a moment before shaking the offered paw in his hoof. “I am Magnus Durum. Likewise.” He nodded simply. Looking back at the match, it seemed it was finally over and the pony stood victorious over his unconscious opponent. 

• Like 1