You'll need more than just your tongue... (ATTN: Dusty)

Blueblood

Princess Bluebelle had known, from the start, that this would be an intensive operation.  The growing necessity of the task was rivaled only by the complexity of the preparations needed.  Granted, a lot of that complexity came in from securing all the necessary permits to conduct it so close to Canterlot, but being high placed in high society had some advantages in speeding along paperwork.

Concurrent with this effort was securing the necessary supplies and personnel.  For this cleaning job, only organic and biodegradable soaps would be permitted, especially in the quantities proposed.  The Princess could at least assure the environmental regulators of that; she would hardly use anything else for herself!  Nonetheless, such things were usually prepared in small batches, so building up the quantity necessary was, again, a somewhat expensive and lengthy process.

As for personnel, well, that Bluebelle didn't have to worry about so much.  The serving ponies of her own manor household were strong-willed and skilled.  They had to be, to stand up to her sometimes moody attitudes and exacting standards!

And finally, there was the personal touch.  When it came to task itself, Blue felt that the softer touch of their feminine form would be best suited to this task.  She didn't want to have to use coercive force... but she couldn't help but caress the medallion around her neck with a hoof for reassurance anyway.  If worse came to worst...

Shaking her head, she took the head of the formation of maids headed to the back garden, and cleared her throat.  "Oh, Niilavin?  I have a little thing I'd like to do for you, and for you to do for me..."

• Like 1

“What we plea will be a faithful end decree, where a stallion will not retreat from the defeat of his fathers. A time has come for battle lines. We will cut these knotted ties, and some may live and some may die.” 

Niilavin watched the Calnais pegasus mare slowly dance as she sang for him well other ‘servants’ he's been gifted brush his fur as he enjoyed a spot of sunbathing. It was a rather beautiful day and he was keen to make the most of it thanks to winter. It was his first one so far north and it was dreadful, he was a cat born of sand and sun. weeks of snow and cold were just not for him. But with them passing he was fast to make use of warmer days. 

Pulling his up he looked to his side at the sound of his Master calling out. He was more used to Blueblood now, even if some of his masters powers were… odd, the pony was extremely fair and rather generous on gift giving. It's done much to warm Niilavin up to the pony. Sitting up he stretched out and waved a paw at his servients. “Go.” He says with a heavy accent, but he was learning how to speak to them. And he knew from how Master spoke she wanted something. 

Without fuss the team of mares gather up their tools and trot away. Niilavin walked to meet Blue halfway. “[Whatever shall it be this time Master? Something for the both of us?]” he asked as they drew closer, eyeing up the rather large formation of maids Blue had behind him. Just what was this pony planning…

• Like 1

Bluebelle sighed, internally, as she entered her big cat's domain.  Despite several prejudices to the contrary, a pony of her social stature did in fact spend more time working than reveling in luxury.  The same was not true of Niilavin, though she couldn't really resent him for it.  The sphinx had been used by a tyrant as a weapon and an enforcer, which she felt probably explained a few of his... callous remarks, at times.  A little bit of softening probably wouldn't do any harm to his soul, and maybe he would stop complaining about no longer being able to play his riddle games if he saw ponies as something more than potential meals.

A royal could only hope, after all.  "Why, yes.  I-, that is, we, are going to partake in what must have been the highest of luxuries from whence you came.  A bath!"  Well... in a desert, water is scarce.  Baths were for royalty, and the peasants probably just had to content themselves with a dip in the river.  Of course, with a cat of Niil's size, the use of natural waterways would prove to be a necessity... 

• Like 1

Niilavin just blinked at that. He honestly was not expecting that to be what Master wished. “[I cleaned myself this morning Master. I see no need for me to be washed.]” he says back hoping it will get him out of the bath. What cat -ever- wanted to in a bath? It’s horrible! You get all wet! But he had no way saying no, he just had to talk his way out of it before he was told to take it. “[If you wish I can do so again…]” He added, lifting a leg up to start licking it well looking at blue. It was a long shot, but he was not about to roll over and accept this fate without puting up something of a fuss. 

Bluebelle had anticipated this line of attack, was prepared a battery of argument to meet it.  "Unfortunately, your tongue is not going to be sufficient to take care of that fur coat of yours.  I'm glad you removed the excess, but what remains has to be properly shampooed and conditioned!  You don't want to embarrass me in public with a coat that isn't sleek and shiny, right?  You're a part of a Royal Household, don't forget!"  Vanity, always appeal to vanity.   That's what always got her up early in the morning to prepare her looks to face the world.

• Like 1

Master was not going to let him get out of this it seems. Looking at the army of maids and the medallion he let out a long desperate whining wimper. There was nothing he could do about this, his Master's will was infallible and it was better to act on his own than be forced to take the bath at the end of magic chains. “Fine.” He says with a frown before shaking his head and looking down at his Master. “[So Master where do you want me to take this bath? And you can not wash my wings, it may destroy them. I know you’d hate to see them ruined.]” He explains well stretching one wing out. 

Bluebelle was herself relieved to find the chains of command and magic would not be necessary.  "We've reserved a place by the mountain river.  There's a wide pool before the waterfall, that should be big enough for you, but not too deep for us."  The Princess gestured for Niil to follow her and the maids as they made their way through the back garden gate.  "It's not too far a walk from here; the manor is pretty near the riverfront."  As indeed it was; all the most expensive real estate in the city was close to the river, though most reserved for public buildings and parks.  It meant the walk wouldn't be too crowded, giving Niilavin enough room to stretch his legs before he cleaned them.

Blue was proud of her composure at the sight of Niilavin's wing.  It was almost too large for her to be stoked like a peahen at the sight of plumage.

Almost.  Dang, but those were nice wings.  "Don't worry about that; there's a reason I have pegasi-sized birdbaths.  Your feathers will be fine, all the better for being made nice and shiny, with all the itchy bugs and dust rinsed out of them.  And I can assure you..."  He voice approximated a feline purr, more or less out of habit when speaking on this subject, "I am very experienced in wing cleaning and preening.  Just ask my honor guard."

• Like 1

“[A bath in the river?]” He asked more too himself than blue with a grumpy roll of his eyes before following his master. At least it's out of the way. Hopefully. He’d hate to have the unwashed masses see him like that! A wet cat never looks good. But this was how it shall be… At least he can make it fun. “[Master, I am well aware of this love. From the looks you give mine to the looks your honor guard gives to you. But having you clean my wings feels… rather personnel. Cleaning each other for sphinxes is something… Rare and given only to court. To have you clean me is… Well.]” He explained well they walked with a small army of maids tagging along. Nil wished he didn't wave away his servants now, having some music well he washed may have been nice. 

• Like 1

Wing-grooming as a gesture of intimacy seemed to be pretty universal among all species where such things were relevant.  It made sense to Bluebelle; you had a pair of sensitive body parts that were essential to their uniqueness, it was a natural outgrowth.  His guards had told him that self-preening was difficult and involved a lot of uncomfortable cricks in one's neck, but wing-grooming from an inexperienced or uncaring partner?  That could leave you grounded for weeks, if the pinfeathers broke.

Not that the Princess felt she would be able to manage to do so much damage to Niil.  Even if she were physically or magically capable, it went against her nature to violate magnificence!  "Oh, don't worry.  That's why I had a cup of tea before starting, I felt you'd be more comfortable this way than if I were Bluebood."  Left unsaid was the fact that, so far, Niil was the only living member of his species that Blue knew of.  That could be trouble... later.  Leave that for later.  Sufficient to the day would be the scratches and splashes thereof...

• Like 1

Niilavin honestly did not know how to respond to that with a witty remark. His new master was a very… odd one but he knew that early on. It was more so the bravery of this new master that kept shocking him. They seem to be fearless when it came to following what they wanted. It was something worry of his respect as much with how they used the power they had. Master worked hard to never force something. They had the power, a few words and Nil will HAVE to do what they wanted… but the master went out of the way not too. 

He looked down at the pony, eyeing her up. If only the master was a sphinx, they'd make for a fine one. “[Yes, if you must do so than as a mare is much more welcomed master. But you are… Master. It just seems so… odd for you to do this work. You have many servants. But you seem all so keen on getting dirty first hoof.]” He remarks before a grin takes his muzzle. “[Master… If you will it, May I use my magic on you? I wish to see something.]” He asked as the grin takes in to a fanged smile. He just wanted to see something… for the fun of it. And how master reacted.

The bathing party was beginning to leave the cobblestones behind, as the clop of hooves against rock was replaced with the muffled thud of hooves against grassy turf (hauled at high expense for a high-altitude meadow).  So far, so good.  Bluebelle was having to hold herself off from self-congratulation on her diplomatic skills; she was leading a cat to water, and by Faust he shall bathe!

"Well, it's not really getting dirty if we're taking bath.  Quite the opposite in fact!  I rather enjoy the whole process of washing, considerably more than getting dirty."  A small pause.  "Well, most ways of getting dirty."  The Princess had to admit.  There was much that royals got up to that the public was not made aware of.  Blue had it on good authority that Auntie Celestia would go puddle-jumping on occasion.  The offer of magic, though, raised the mare's hackles somewhat.  But, they were in an open area, no bystanders about.  What was the worst that could happen?

"Go on, Niil... what is it?"

Niilavin holds his fanged grin as he almost prances ahead of Blue before turning sound to face her. “[Well master, you want me to be comfortable so I wish to help you. Now, close your eyes. You can trust me, I can not ever harm you after all.]” He says opening a wing out to hide blue from view of the maids. Broken lines of eyesight are extremely important for his magic to work. It is hard to trick the view of one if they saw the trick happen after all. “[I think you will enjoy it master.]” he added with wink to help sell it. Even if Blue did like this it was more… for his own fun and games. He was not going down to get all wet without playing it his way… 

• Like 1

The grin... worried Bluebelle a little.  There were some ponies for whom a feline grin was a promise of a good time... others for which it was a promise of a very bad time indeed.  True, Niilavin was bound not to hurt her, but the Princess wasn't *absolutely* certain there weren't any loopholes.  On the other hoof... it wouldn't do to not show trust in the sphinx, after all this, right?

"Very well."  She sat upon the earth, eyes closed, doing her best to project an image of serenity as she felt the breeze from his wings.  Internally, her heart was pounding in anticipation.  What was the sneaky little- well, not so little cat up to?

• Like 1

Niilavin was… excited! He’s yet to use much of his magic around his master. But to use it on them? Well, it was a first. One he planned to make the most of. but first, something of a show as he swings his tail back and forth and waves a paw for the maids to watch. He’s found ponies more easy to trick with flashiness. Not that his magic was fake, not at all, but his magic was the art of mirages. And the best tricks needed to have some unf to the lead up. 

So with a shimmer of magic over a paw he slams it down just out of view and yanks the wing up. In place of a female unicorn was a white sphinx. The same overall size of Bluebelle but a pony she was not. Paws to feline ears she was nothing short of the spitting likeness of a female sphinx! And to top off the look were two white wings rested on her back. Niilavin eyes up his work… Not a bad looking sphinx if you asked him. Shame Blue really was just a pony. But for how she was one… in looks. Her sphinx...ness? Was nothing but an illusion on top of a pony. But a finely crafted one by all means. “[that’s more like it… But before you go leaping off a cliff, the wings do not work master. You will drop like… Well, a unicorn that jumped off a cliff.]” He says turning away from her to get back to his march to the river as if nothing of note happened. “[Come on master, let's get this bath done with. At least now I have a sphinx drooling over my wings.]”

• Like 1

*THOOM!*

Even if Bluebelle were not a unicorn attuned to the presence of magic, the minor earthquake of the spinx's paw hitting the ground combined with the whoosh of air from the wing would have signaled to her that something happened.  The shock opened her eyes involuntarily, which blinked out at the world through slitted irises.  She was at first confused as to what had happened, until a quick glance down at her hoof... revealed that it was now a paw.

"Mirror!"  She cried out to the servants, who always carried one around for just such an emergency.  The maid quickly brought the bit of silver glass that revealed the self to the self, and the Princess gazed upon her form.  "Oh, my..."  Her coat still maintained a pristine white form, but instead of the short hide of a pony, there was the soft fur of a cat.  The facial structure... didn't look all that different, as was the nature of sphinxes.  Her mane, though, seemed to be magically styled in the ancient Saddle Arabian form, complete with the jade headdress.  It actually looked rather nice with her golden locks.  

And then Niil mentioned wings.  "What!?"  She immediately turned her head back to look at herself, as sure enough, there they were!  She immediately flared them, surprised at how natural the reaction felt.  The swan-like feathers seemed to shimmer in the sun, framing her waving feline tail in the distance.  Her breath was taken away, and she looked back at her reflection.  It was her, but unfamiliar enough for a warm sensation felt in her core to... not exactly be narcissism.  All that said, she could definitely empathize with Niilavin's desire to have a female sphinx about the place.  If they all looked this good...

She blinked.  "Wait a minute, what do you mean they don't work?"  She tried flapping them, and though she could feel air resistance, there was no sensation of lift.  "Aww... am I just too heavy?  I didn't think I needed to on a severe diet..."

• Like 1

“[Oh not at all master!]” Niilavin says looking back at Blue. “[But the gift of flight is something I can not give you. That is magic far outside of my reach shamefully.]” he explained and it was the truth. Such magic was out of his range of skills. He just left out the part of the wings being uttley fake. Just how long will master think they are a sphinx? That was the game to be had and with luck, it shall make this… bath at least fun to partake in. “[come along now master, you can marvel at how pretty you are at the river. Unless you wish to skip this bath and look at yourself all day. You are a fine looking sphinx after all. Just on the… short side.]” Niil adds with a soft chuckle but it did leave a lingering thought about all of this. If he was the last of his race no illusionary Magic will fix that… Maybe he needed to start looking for permanent solutions. Just in case. But that was a worry to tuck away for later. He was young with meany, many years ahead. 

"You can give me wings... but not their use?"  Bluebelle tilted her head and flapped her ornamental wings yet again.  Maybe the theory about pegasi, griffons, and the like having an inherent magic that allowed them to fly was true; it would explain how one could be given wings but still be unable to fly.  Niil couldn't affect Blue's personal magic, only her outward appearance.  Disappointing, but understandable.

"No, no... we'd best go on.  But I suppose it's useful to know what you find attractive!"  And with a bright smile, she sauntered off ahead of her sphinx.  The river wasn't very far, just across a pleasantly flowery meadow.  The Princess had a lot of good memories associated with this meadow, and hopefully this would be another one.  She approached the banks with caution, trying not to wince at the feeling of mud beneath her paws.  Just had to get to the water, and the the flow would carry it all away...

Stepping into the pebbled bed of the river, she shivered slightly at the cold, before plunging into it to immerse herself, surfacing downstream where the flow collected in a large pool, subtly damned through careful rock placement.  "Well, come in then!  The water is invigorating!"  And it was true, though the sensation of swimming felt slightly different, not even sphinx magic could take away Bluebelle's affinity for water, or love of cleanliness.

• Like 1

Niilavin just rolls his eyes at his master's remarks. “[Given that I am the first of my breed you have seen I don’t know how much help that is.]” He says as they make their way to the river. He watched his master jump in and play about in the water with a frown. He really was going to do this. The fun of making his master look like a cat was soon lost in this fact. He -hated- water. But this was his fate…

So with grumpy hiss he got closer and paws at the cold water. “[This is dreadful to the extreme master, if not for the magic bounding me i’d sooner jump in mud.]” With his hatred of this voice again he walked in to the pool well whimpering in discomfort at the feeling. He stopped when the water was reaching his back. “[this is as far as I can go master… I can not swim. So do not force me deeper, I wish to not die today.]” He explained as he walked along the bottom of the lake, never straying deeper than his back as he moved about.

• Like 1

Given that Niil was proving compliant, complaints notwithstanding, Bluebelle was inclined to take his eye-rolling in good humor.  "Oh, I still think you'd be a fine example in any sample size!"  She called back, laughter like silver chimes sounding over the pool's surface.  "And don't worry, if I can find a cooperative spa, we can take you on a mud bath some time later!  Got to keep that complexion pristine, after all."  More laughter sounded over the water; the Princess was having entirely too much fun with this.

As Niilavin sank into the water like a grump, his mistress met him with a smile so feline you'd swear she was born a sphinx, and so irritating under the circumstances that he might start regretting his little prank.  "Oh, we don't have to go deeper than this, you'll just have to dunk yourself so the shampoo will properly sud when we scrub it in.  You'll love that, lots of pretty mares fawning over you in a full-body massage!"

• Like 1

Nil was already regretting his fun and games, the master was enjoying this far too much. But than they did switch genders at will so it seems ‘switching’ race, fake or not, did not faze them at all. In fact it seems like they loved this change. What monster has he unleashed upon himself?

“[Master that is not what I was implying fior… I… I don’t want to lick mud out of my fur.]” He says says looking down at the small female sphinx giving him one big feline smirk. She really did fit the part of a female sphinx shockingly well and the fact she did so well was… alarming. He did far tomuch a good job on her looks, she was a PONY and he must not forget that. 

Looking away at all the maids he rolls his eyes buy did smile some. “[Yes, I do… Enjoy getting fawned over by lots of pretty mares that is something I can not lie on. Makes me feel like a real sphinx and not some PET of a magic king.]” He says looking back at his master well leaning his head to one side. “[You have taken… Well to the look. If one did not know better they may think you -were- a sphinx all along.]”

It might not have been too healthy for Blue to take so well to transformation; that had been one of her earliest concerns when she first became Bluebelle.  It was just... that it didn't feel anywhere near as weird as she had expected being a mare would be as Blueblood.  And this?  This felt even less weird.  As if there wasn't any real difference at all...

Okay, she was starting to freak out a little bit.  But she was a good enough diplomat not to show it, and in any case, she didn't want to disturb Niil just as the bath was beginning.  The squadron of maids, armed with shampoo and brushes, were filing in behind him, and beginning to get some lather worked up on his limbs with tender, massaging strokes.  "Well, I try to be adaptable to my situation; being a stuffed shirt does nopony any good, as I've had occasion to learn.  Hmm..."  She hummed as one of her maids got to her back.  Hummed, not purred.  "Huh, that's odd.  Would have thought the magic would have reached the voice box."  In truth, it technically did, but since Bluebelle didn't know how to elicit a purr without trying to, she didn't under the circumstance.  

• Like 1

“[If you think like a pony you will act like a pony. Think like one of us, how we speak and move and it shall follow.]” He explained and it was no lie overall. But well he plays with fire, he did at least try to enjoy this ‘bath’ as being pampered was fun. He moved his legs as needed to help the maids in their task of washing him. It was not an unpleasant feeling, just one he wished had less water. But watching the maid working on Blues back made him aware of the fact… He can’t let her do that. One bad move and her hoof is going are wings. And nothing can break that spell faster than that… But how willing was he to mess with his master more?

Plenty. “Move.” He tells the maid in a heavy accent as he moves his master about in the water with one paw. Placing her facing away He picks her half out of the water. “[Relaxe, I just wish to see if my spell worked well.]” He says eyeing the wings up, then leans down to nuzzle one open. Unlike the maid he can make the spell play along, all it needed was Bluebelle to do the same. And he had a feeling she had…. Many a fantasy about this very moment, wonderful fuel for the spell to fake every touch on the illusionary appendage. He just hoped it was not too powerful. A cat that plays with fire risks more than just his fur.

Bluebelle tilted her head to the side, a universal gesture between both ponies and sphinxes.  "I suppose that makes sense... but that doesn't mean I know how to do it.  I mean, I still needed some help at first to think and move as a mare, you know."  

It seemed that Niilavin knew his mistress would need help with that, though, hence she nodded towards the maid to back off before she reached the wings.  It seemed her sphinx had something to test about the magic, something to show- ohhh.....  She could feel him nuzzling against her wings.  Her feathers.  It felt like... exactly how her guards described her own touches and caresses of their prized pair.  Which, given the context such grooming usually took place in, made them very powerful sensations indeed.  "Aahhhhnnnn, that's, oh, that definitely worked, but, um... is this the sort of thing sphinxes do in public?"  She asked, a blush stealing across her feline features.

Edited by PrinceBlueblood
  • Like 1

“[Servants are never the public. They see all, hear all. So why hide something as simple as me grooming you? You are having me groomed after all.]” He remarked before setting in to the task of ‘preening’ the wing. He can tell that… Well, the master was enjoying this. Maybe more than necessary but that was not his doing. He has no power too make her think or feel something. All he can do is nudge her to believe she was. And it seems that was far too easy… So easy he made note of this for her own safety. He can not allow her to be bewitched by the magic of one seeing harm on her. Well she was… Master, she was nice… Caring. He did not wish to see her harmed nor another take him as a new master. 

“[And you did not seem too worried when I made such a remark before… Is the pride queen feeling flustered by me? Be very unfitting for my master to think such ways of the one bound to safeguard her. Let alone a pride queen.]” He says softly between genteel nuzzles and nips as he ‘fixed’ her wing with a touch befitting a pride queen in all its tender care. Oh the game was very much on now and he shall see just how flustered he will make his master! She may hold all power, but it seems the door was far from locked.

It wasn't exactly the 'grooming' that Bluebelle wished to be private.  Actually, in all honestly, she would probably prefer if everything was just kept to grooming.  And if she could just get her wings to relax and not stand out so stiffly, maybe she could have a legitimate chance at keeping this all contained!  *One can surely hope...*  She thought, through bitten lip.  The slight amount of pain brought her focus back, especially as her sharper, more predatory teeth were more pokey.

"Ow!  Forgot I actually had fangs..."  She snorted at Niilavin's remark about 'unfitting thoughts for a guardian.'  "That's... not a discouragement.  It's hardly considered unfitting for a royal in this country to be... involved with their guardians.  Heck, the last royal wedding was literally between a Princess and her Guard.  She's an Empress now, technically, though only her subjects in the Crystal Empire call her such.  She's still Princess Cadence when she's in Canterlot.  Feudalism is complicated.  I imagine you didn't have to deal with anything like that back in the deserts?"  She was rambling, she knew, but it bought her time to get her wings and feelings under control.  A quick dunk into the cold water should help...

• Like 1