Celestia's House of Mirrors

SunsetSombra

Celestia's House of Mirrors

You suspect the only reason Celestia volunteered to run the House of Mirrors was so that she could admire her own wings—but you'd never say it aloud. Still, it's a rather fun attraction, even if—oof—you find it difficult not to run into somepony. Or, was that just your reflection you bumped into?

At any rate, it's fun for awhile, but you seem to be lost...

Looking around you, the mirrors seem to be almost taking a life of their own...deformed shapes of what would normally be pony reflections glaring back at you with distorted visages of smiles - the lack of light now starting to truly make the scene all the more frightning and yet alluring, knowing that sometime, somewhere in this little hall of reflective crazyness is somepony with candy...candy that you can truly claim as a deserved prize once the hour is nigh.

However, there is something to be said about the distinct eery sounds and creaky mirrors that almost seem to be turning and watching you...no, it's just a trick of the light, mirrors can't move and the reflections aren't alive - it's all so very unsettling, and thoughts of turning back might even enter minds for but a moment.

The only way to know for sure what you're made of is to stare into the mirrored abyss ahead...and to see just what looks back at you!

Starburst, still lost in the maze of mirrors, manages to find her way near the exit, a whelp starting to form from all the times she's walked into the various mirrors. She staggers out of the exit, barely able to keep her feet as she steps outside into the fresh night air, collapsing onto the ground, stars spinning around her head. Her hoof subconsciously rises to the whelp and she cries out in pain. "Oooch!"

After a little while she stands up and brushes the dirt off herself, and carries her empty pail towards the next destination on her places to visit.

(ooc): Continued from Pinkie Pie's Funhouse.

Haywire was among the ponies who had fallen down the trap door poor Snails accidentally tripped. At first, the white sheet wearing filly screamed out but then as she slid down a long slide, she cheered and yelled "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The odd slide suddenly sloped upward and the force of her slide sent Haywire up and out until she landed with a thud in front of Celestia's House of Mirrors. Happy with her recent triumph, meeting Princess Celestia and receiving a piece of candy for her efforts, Haywire was about to walk inside when she spots Starburst leaving.

"Hay friend, anything strange goin' on in thar?" the filly in the white sheet asked, hoping she'd say there was a pile of candy awaiting her inside. As she waited for an answer, Haywire took time to pose in front of some of the nearby mirrors. One made her look like a giant, the next one, like a huge tubby ghost.

"WOW! This here's awesome! Sure beats gitt'n the daylights scarest outta me by all that thar creepy stuff!"

(OOC: continued from Pinkies Haunted House, 2nd night)

Snails looked around after being deposited at the entrance to the House of Mirrors with several other ponies.

"Wow Haywire! Hay Snips! These mirrors make me look silly. Do you think Princess Celestia used her magic to help Pinkie Pie make that trap what took us here?"

He trotted around, giggling. One mirror made him look as small as a real Parasprite, Another made him look big and brawny. like he was Big Mac wearing a Parasprite Costume.

The foal suddenly lookd around at the army of mirror images of ponies everywhere. "Snips! Haywire! Ya here?"

"Over here, Snips!" Haywire called out as she galloped to where her taller unicorn classmate stood. "That was some wild ride, wasn't it? Don't know how I got separated from you and the others, but I landed outside all by my lonesome. So, you're visiting this house of mirrors too? Maybe the two of us kin scare the wits outta the other ponies who are goin' be comin' in here. I have a clever plan, are you in?"

Haywire's devious little brain was at work, thinking of how to best utilitize all the hall's mirrors in her plan.

Snails bounced on his hooves as the filly dressed as a pony ghost trotted up to the ponies that had landed far short of where she had.

"Y-yeah! We followed ya to see if you could lead us out of the Haunted House. Looks like I um, helped that a bit, huh...."

Snails looked around at the ponies who had fallen through with them, some already wandering off, then listened as Haywire had a plan...

It sounded like a devious plan to put a good Nightmare Night Scare into whoever comes in next. -This after trying to scare Pinkie Pie. * Hay, this filly's as cool as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom together!* he thought.

He grinned and bounced on his hooves "Whatever ya got in mind, I'm in!"

Haywire had a beaming grin as she began to explain her 'plan' to the taller unicorn colt.

"I need for you to stay hidden behind one of the mirrors and made funny noises! Can you do that? Make animal noises, scream for help, jist yell to yur heart's content! I'll hide behind a mirror on the other side of ya. Then when a pony comes runnin' to see what's a-makin' all the racket, then I'll jump out in my devil suit and give'm a scare like they ain't NEVER had before! What do ya think, Snails? Are you game fer this?"

MAdFR.png

Entering the mirrored halls without a second thought, Nightshade immediately disoriented himself and began to walk off in a direction he wasn't quite sure of. After a bit of wandering, he plumped himself down in a small area between two mirrors, perfect for a seat, he felt unusually lazy during this time of year... Well then, no point in really continuing. I'm too tired to move anyway." Nightshade lulled away to sleep, fairly quickly actually.

He woke up nearly instantly though, to the sound of other ponies bumping into not only mirrors, but other ponies as well. "You think a bunch of earth ponies would know how to stay quiet for a bit and take a scare like any Pegasus could... But oh well, earth ponies will be earth ponies... Maybe I should talk with one sometime..." This feeling was extremely random, but he felt the need to be a little sociable after all the time he's spent practicing his flying skills, his social adeptness has gone to the shredder, and it's in desperate need of some glue and tape...

Lotus

Lotus after loosing her candie she decided to take a look in House of mirrors. In her blue jester costume with club and spade on it, disguised her very well. And white-painted face aswell, she started to move around and take a look in the mirrors while smiling to herself. She thought it is a very nice place to spent time. She smiled when she saw herself in one of mirrors, it was very funny for her. After couple of mins Lotus finally decided to leave house but she kinda started to be lost inside it and only sighed to herself while trying to find the exit from Celestia house of mirrors.

"Woah!!!" Snips cried out as the slide came to an end. He was still on his hooves, but now he was sliding across the smooth floor. Before he could react, he ended up with his face smooshed against glass.

The colt staggered back a couple of steps, before looking up at whatever he had crashed into. It was a huge hydra! Snips began backing away as quickly as he could, before he realized the hydra was himself. "Heh, hey Snails check this out, I'm huge!" he called out.

Just then, Haywire came running up, having come to the mirror maze the right way, and outlined her plans to scare somepony. "Hey, yeah, I'm in! After Pinkie's place, someone else needs to get the scare!" he told her.

Snips peaked around a corner and saw a pegasus on the floor... sleeping? He had no idea why somepony would come into a house of mirrors to sleep, but it would make him a good target for a scare.

"Ok guys, here they come," Haywire whispered, hoping Snips and Snails would take the cue to hide with her. As Lotus and Nightshade approached, the rust colored filly threw off her white sheet and leaped out at them, her shiny red devil costume highly visible.

"BOO!!!! BLLLLAAHHHHHH BBBBLLLLLAAAAAAHHHH BBBLLLLAAAAAAHHHHH!" she screamed, waving her pitchfork and shouting at the top of her lungs.

The parasprite dressed unicorn foal, giggled as Snips showed off the huge hydra in the mirror. "Awesome! Maybe the heads will dance in the mirrors if you shake that tail!"

Snails bounced even more eagerly as he listened to the plan and huddled up with Snips to catch the details "Oooh Yeah! I'm game! We make noise and draw ponies to us and "Whomp!" -We jump out and scare the tails off everypony"

He turned to Snips "Yeah definitely! It's somepony else's turn for a scare."

Just then, Haywire called out that ponies were coming and quickly hid, hoping Snips did the same.

Finally Haywire jumped out and shouted scary noises, so Snails followed suit, jumping up and down in his Parasprite costume "Bla-la-laaaah! I'm a Giant Parasprite!"

The mirrors around you seem to be eminating an odd gleam, and the air around you becomes filled by a dull laughter that grows, becoming louder until it's virtually all around you - after a moment, the laughter dies down and each mirror nearby is 'graced' by a vision of Discords amused eyes!

" HELLO, My little ponies - I'm here by order of the princess to make your night a little more FUN! "

that_discord_by_blooddragonx-d4adz75.png

The eyes pan back, revealing discord - and he's doing the discord shuffle on your reflections head before a piece of candy appears in one of his hands...which he promptly stuffs into his mouth with a devilish grin. Well, this clearly wasn't going to end well for anypony!

" None for you I'm afraid - here, have yourselves a few small OTHER tokens of MY appreciation in return for being a MOST wonderful audience! "

He clicks his fingers, and dozens of black spiders with red eyes start coming forth from the mirrors...each one squeaking like a dog-chew toy, but still managing to look somewhat menacing regardless...whilst the god of Divine Chaos bursts into hysterical laughter as he watches the event from his vantage pont in the mirror.

Unfortunately, it also appears as though a poison joke patch had been 'flashed' into existance along your escape route - Yup, you just had yourselves a discord run-in...and he's subjected everypony here to a dose of poison joke as a result. Time to go find Zecora, eh?

Now it was Haywire's turn to be frightened again! Standing out among the mirrors in her shiny red costume, the mischievious little filly thought she'd be doing the scaring this time. But when she saw Discord, and heard his booming voice of doom, she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran, grabbing her discarded sheet in her teeth as she made her mad dash towards the exit. She was so spoofed out, she didn't even notice the patch of Poison Joke that had popped up out of nowhere in front of her. Running through it, Haywire didn't stop until she was back outside.

"Whew! That was a relief! What a night! First I git scared by Nightmare Moon, then greeted by Princess Celestia, and now I jist got the stuffin' scared outta me by Discord! Hay, wait a minute, why is my voice so deep... and so... loud?"

It was then that Haywire walked over to the side of a pond and looked at her reflection. She shreiked at the realization of the effects of the Poison Joke. The red costumed filly was now standing fifty feet tall! Although her red suit had 'grown' with her, the white sheet that she'd used to disguise herself didn't, and was now no bigger than a handkerchief to her.

"OH NO! I'm a GIANT! I wanted to grow up fast, but this here's not what I had in mind! What'll I do? Can't go to school tomorrow when I'm bigger than the whole schoolhouse! This is turrible, jist turrible!"

Haywire began to cry, her huge tears causing waves to form in the pond. Suddenly, a thought crossed her mind and her face brightened.

"Wait jist a cotton pickin' minute! If I'm THIS big, may as well have some fun with it. And I know THE perfect place to do it: Nightmare Moon's Monument!"

Snails looked at the expressions of fear on the passle of ponies and giggled "Yay! We did it! We scared them, eh!"

He then noticed what they were really acting terrified of. His head subconsiously itched when he saw Discord Disco Dancing on the heads of his reflections.

While he liked spiders as much as bugs, a magically created horde of chaos spiders was a bit much, even for him.

He would not admit it, but he screamed like a filly as he ran for the exit and through a strange patch of blue flowers.. "Uh Oh! I saw these at th' race!..."

His voice sounded squeakier, and in a panic, he ran up to the nearest pond to see himself...

He was a smaler, younger foal again "Oh Nooo I'm a little bitty foal again, I'm as big as Pip!"

oh well, at least his costume had shrunk to fit.

Snails thought he heard Haywire an looked around "S'funny! I thought I heard her but I cant see her. She must be behind those trees...."

He whinnied in shock when he saw the trees were legs!

Snails ducked and dodged when the huge tears fell around him. She suddenly declared she would go to the Nightmare Moon monument!

He bounced around on his younger hooves "Yay! Of course! Zecora will be there! She can cure us!"

Snails looked around to see what happened to Snips, then stepped back in surprise. "Um... er... Snips? I think we'd better get to the Nightmare Moon Monument ta find Zecora!"

Snips was all set to jump out and scare the other ponies in the maze like Snails and Haywire had done, when suddenly Discord appeared! "AHHHH!" Snips shouted incoherently as he turned and ran from the crazy chaotic being. He remembered all too well when Discord had taken over Ponyville, and made it his "Capitol of Chaos."

He didn't even notice as his escape route took him through the patch of strange blue plants. As he continued to flee, his mane and tail hairs began to grow rapidly. His mane pushed back the hood of his costume and began to cover his face, while his tail burst free of the pointed hydra tail and began to trail behind him. Soon, he couldn't see a thing, and he was tripping over his own mane while still trying to flee.

The colt finally slowed to a stop after falling on his face several times. He could just barely make out Snails' voice somewhere nearby. He sounded strange, but he couldn't see why through all the hair.

"Um... er... Snips? I think we'd better get to the Nightmare Moon Monument ta find Zecora!"

"That's probably a good idea, buddy," he managed to get out. "I'll follow you, but I can't see a thing!"