{Earth Pony} LemonSparkle {Final}

QuickLime

Roleplay Type: Mane Roleplay

Name: Lemon Sparkle

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color:Golden Amber

Coat Color: Sunshine yellow

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Razor cut layered white hair with streaks of bright lemon yellow in it

Physique: Small but sturdy with a strong back and forelegs.

Cutie Mark:A pile of Pink lemons, beside a bunch of orange, pink, and yellow lemon twist sticks

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: To strengthen the sweet by reminding us all of the sour things in life.

Sunshine, daffodils , gems , and long walks in town to see all of the interesting ponies where she lives

Dislikes: Bitter flavors, the color brown, mud, rain, peanuts! BLECK!

Character Summary: Lemon has always been a happy pony, positively radiating joy and glee with every step on her light hooves, she works quite blissfully in her candy shop in Canterlot making her delicious and tongue tingling delights! She decided at a pretty young age what she was going to do with her life, after all her whole family seemed to specialize in some form of candy making or another. Her mother Twinkie (Often just called Twinks by her friends) Made delicious light fluffy sponge cakes filled with banana flavored cream, her father Julip? Specialized in delicious minty confections which he had learned from his Pappy when he was a wee colt!

When Lemon Sparkle was a young filly she was in her mother’s kitchen watching her make lemonade, she was bored as she watched her mother apply pressure to the tender fruit and squeeze out its juices, add crystal clear water and sparkling sugar, and blend it with a wooden spoon till it was perfect. Lemon Sparkle was then given a glass of the lemonade, she sort of wrinkled her nose being a little thing at the time “But Momma you put those nasty lemons in them, their all sour…” She pouted.

Her mother tsk’ed her and encouraged her to take a sip of the icy cool beverage which she albeit hesitantly finally did;Her eyes lit up as she felt a wonderful contrast on her tongue! The sourness of the lemon seemed to balance perfectly with the sugar making just this wonderful burst of flavor in her mouth “MOMMA! How does that work!?” She asked in awe, eyes just positively shining with wonder. Her mother laughed and moved a hoof gently ruffling her daughters mane and replied “The Lemon is sour and it makes you appreciate the sweet more, it’s sharp bite just makes the sweetness even better in the end my dear “

Now Lemon Sparkle didn’t get her cutie mark from that but it planted the seed! She continued to practice her candy craft, trying to put together the perfect candy that embodied that feeling she got when she took her first sip of lemonade, after several flops she nearly gave up hope but decided to give it one last try!

Mixing sugar, Lemon, a little Lime and a special secret ingredient to make her candy unique, she poured the liquid into the molds, adding the beautiful strips and waited for it to harden, the secret ingredient being strawberry juice which technically made PINK Lemonade when combined with the lemon, the resulting treat was beautiful to look at but now for the final test!

Raising the glorious pink stick with its beautiful orange and yellow stripes to her mouth she closed her eyes and took a bite! Breaking through the sweet strawberry lemonade flavored outer shell to get to the tangy but sweet at the same time core! The look on her face when she tasted it was the same as when she was a young foal! It perfectly embodied that taste it was what she wanted to make and share with other ponies and in a flash and a slight tingle on her flank she glanced to see the beautiful cutie mark had taken form!

Years of dedication to her craft she was able to finally make her own beautiful shop in Canterlot, a specialty shop called “Sour Kisses” since all of her sweets there were both sweet and sour ,she makes them fresh every morning, and of course her best seller is her delicious Pink Lemonade sticks!

Being a very happy loving pony she does have a mischievous streak to her as true as the streaks in her mane! See she has this cousin named QuickLime … and that pony has WAY too much sour in her life so whenever she comes through town to see her Mentor? Lemon makes sure to give ol Limey a dose of sugar!

LemonSparkle.png

Her Cutie mark

PinkLemonade.png

As the app itself stands, I love it - the very idea that sweet/sour is a good analagy to life is one I think works well, and her overall story is cute and very in-fitting with the overall theme of the RP boards...in fact, one could even call it a really cute and sweet app! :3

As for any corralation with Twist, I think that's not even a factor - Twist is in ponyville, for a start, and is mostly depicted as dealing in mostly sweet confectionery.

Just because one pony has a talent in an area doesn't mean that another can't have the same talent {or at least a variation of it} elsewhere - indeed, reality doesn't work like that either, since that would be heavily inefficient and impossible to even have occur. I can honestly see this being a very fun contrast to Quicklime, which of course, was partly the intent (as you mentioned to me) but not the sole reason for the application!

My only concern is that we have another candy maker with shop in Canterlot. While I suppose it is possible to have two such similar stores in the city, I wonder if it be better to have this one in another, to avoid possibly having the same type of thread at the same location. I guess I am asking how critical it is to be in Canterlot for this app, I feel it can be done, just like to see similar shops spread out.

My only concern is that we have another candy maker with shop in Canterlot. While I suppose it is possible to have two such similar stores in the city, I wonder if it be better to have this one in another, to avoid possibly having the same type of thread at the same location. I guess I am asking how critical it is to be in Canterlot for this app, I feel it can be done, just like to see similar shops spread out.

Now I don't think it's fair if I have to move...For one Lemon is actually older and OWNS her shop, while Sweet Surprise is merely apprenticing there.

Now I don't think it's fair if I have to move...For one Lemon is actually older and OWNS her shop, while Sweet Surprise is merely apprenticing there.

We chatted with the others in staff and its alright, so I am going to stamp this.

AppAssessed.png