ThatGreyfriarDog - Call me Mal! ^_^

ThatGreyfriarDog

About myself.: ( Hard to type much here- I'll definitely be going a lot more in depth with my introduction when I get down to the big box. =) )

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: The run-out-of-new-episodes panic made me scour the internet for somewhere to get my FiM fix. RP was always a passion of mine, so all it took was a "FiM RP" google search.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Couple of tha' boys (You know what I mean- that group of friends where there is -no- judgement) kept heckling me to give it a watch.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Fluttershy

Mal, or so i'll be using here, always had a couple issues.

I'm a young adult, now, and a hard laborer at that. Throughout my life, it's been annoyance after annoyance, disappointment after disappointment- but I always kept my head up. People always wondered 'how'? Unfortunately, this 'how' was only answered with the most basic crutch one could think of- having and maintaining and unhealthily addictive personality.

I had a drug issue for quite some time, and whilst my general friendliness and sense of camaraderie kept me out of the eye of my parents and teachers, since a frighteningly young age I've had rampant addictions. All until about two years ago- when I went 'all out', as it were, on my other interests. With the change, so changed my life, and I managed to kick the junk in favor of creative freedom.

Ever since i was a kiddo, still in the lower levels of grade school, I've been RPing. I'm a geek. Pro being that I'm an abnormally tall, boot-wearing punk geek that people don't make fun of in person. But a geek nonetheless. LOTR, Starwars, WoW, DND, LARPing, all the stereotypical nerdy things were always my forte. But I didn't really explore the interest much, beyond being a dutiful RPer and a Star Wars junkie- the types of things that only teeter on the edge of geekiness. Not until I joined a DND group about two years ago.

Tha' boys, as I've affectionately dubbed them (including the two female members) had no shame. It was the first time I could genuinely be myself, in a secure environment free of strangers. They rubbed off on me. Instead of the gritted teeth, sharp glares, and displays of violent nature, I could settle down. Be able to smile cheerily, giggle, use the term "I love you guys." and not be criticized.

And I did love those guys. And I still do today- I see them every week, and every week my life is perfect. At least, I thought it was. But only now is it truly. About two weeks ago, I finally gave in to the half-serious calls for me to try watching what I thought was a show for young girls aged 4-8. After a few beers, a cigar, and a couple of verbal slaps from my dungeon master to hurry up and get on it, I flicked on the first episode, and gave it a watch. Two to five episodes each night, usually two. I couldn't stop it. I couldn't get enough.

Only once I had threatened a fellow at the neighborhood pub with hospitalization due to his questioning of Rainbow Dash's femininity, slapped every song about ponies i could find- official or not- on my car stereo, and spent roughly half an hour each day thinking of what my cutie mark would be, did I realize it.

I love this show. I love this world. It's so... Innocent. Wonderful. Divine. It was -perfect-. I wanted to live in it. Every night, it was my solace. What I had waited for each painful, monotonous day.

Then... Of course, a complication. I had run out of episodes. I freaked out. Nothing was going on in my life. All my other RPs had waned- not staying up late to participate in them, instead staying up late to watch my favorite show! A pile of laundry in my room as tall and wide as my bed, empty beer and Red Bull cans swamping the shelves- I was a mess. It was like my life had ended, for just a split moment. Before I could even process the thought, I was searching the internet for an RP hub. My pony adventures can't wait a bloody week. I already wait a bloody week to see 'tha' boys'!

After a few seconds of debate within my thick skull, I settled that tomorrow- this night- I'd make an account and hope to be accepted. (My PC kept screwing up on this site's homepage for some reason, maybe a setting I messed with, so I dug out my old Mac and am using that temporarily to type this. When I get the PC thing figured out, I'll do my sig and avatar and all that..) I crave another place where I can be myself. I couldn't let myself miss out on more blissful innocence. X)

<3 It feels good to be here already, everypony. Plox take a look at this when you get the chance.

Edited by ThatGreyfriarDog

Guest EoLPinkie

eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WELCOME!!!! :D It's so super duper Rainbow Dashie awesome that your life is happy now! To celebrate, here's my welcome song!

Weeeeeeeee brought you a little welcome, I hope it finds you well! I'm writing you a response and post because I think you're swell! There's not one need for tears 'round here, cuz Canterlot is fun and cheer! We skip and play and sing and trot, because come on we like fun a lot!

There's ponies that are artsy, some that are quite smart. Some will talk your ear off (that's me!), and that's only the start! Some are strong and regal and proud, some like to scream and shout real loud. We've got unicorns, earth ponies, pegasuses... pegasees... pegasi? So stick a Pinkie in your eye and let your imagination grow and fly! Have some cupcakes, muffins, or a Rarity dress, and we'll all be sure to act our best! Everypony has a hoof to lend, and all of us want to be your friend! You should see my smile, at least a hundred watt, because you're here and now I get to welcome you to Canterloooooooooooooooooot! :D

Yay!

pinkie_party_cannon_by_chriss88-d4i816p.png

You can talk to me any time Mal! I'm always out having fun with everypony!

Awh. Mah. Loawrd. I NEED TO WRITE THAT DOWN!!!

:D You've just made my -life-! Omga. I was afraid it was gonna' be all stern n' strict n' serious n' stuff with the introductions. But then you were all like "PHWOAR" with making me feel welcome and I DID have tears. T_T Because that was wonderful. Ultimateness. ^.^ And that's how I'ma see this community from here on out. As wonderful ultimateness!

<3

@Devious

Y'know, it takes me a lot of guts to spill out about myself. ^^' I'm a naturally a very shy person IRL. It's why I try to put out as cold and antisocial. But... Would it -really- kill you just to pretend to be friendly? Or just not comment? =) Nothin' positive to say, don't be speakin' at all, mate. (See? FiM makes me not reply to everything with 'Go -expletive- yourself' like usual!)

@Gorgutz

All three. Dark Eldar, Locusts, and Nord with a big ol' battle axe for me. ;-)

@Everyone else

Ty for making me feel welcome. This is already the safest I've ever felt in an environment. Ilu folks! <3 'Specially Knight!

Welcome to canterlot. you'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure you'll find everypony to be very nice here and don't hesitate to ask for help with anything! as others may have, or will say there is an irc in the top right. it's the most active i've ever been on and suggest going there.

@Devious

Y'know, it takes me a lot of guts to spill out about myself. ^^' I'm a naturally a very shy person IRL. It's why I try to put out as cold and antisocial. But... Would it -really- kill you just to pretend to be friendly? Or just not comment? =) Nothin' positive to say, don't be speakin' at all, mate. (See? FiM makes me not reply to everything with 'Go -expletive- yourself' like usual!)

@Gorgutz

All three. Dark Eldar, Locusts, and Nord with a big ol' battle axe for me. ;-)

@Everyone else

Ty for making me feel welcome. This is already the safest I've ever felt in an environment. Ilu folks! <3 'Specially Knight!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! YAY YAY YAY YAY! :D

Hi there! I'm a little later than usual with my welcome, but here it is!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!