Ink Quill

Ink Quill

Name: Ink Quill

Nickname: Quill

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Navy Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Messy black mane, and a tail to match with dark blue highlights.

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Quill on top of a book

Physique: Medium built, slim

Origin: Manehatten

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation: To provide interesting stories to all of Equestria.

Likes: Apples, Writing, Running, Social Events, Story Telling, Being on time, Smoothies, Schedules, Organization, Adventures, Ghost stories.

Dislikes: Being rushed or late, Blue Police Barns, Snobby or Rude ponies, Being Unorganized.

Personality: Upon first meeting someone, he is shy, quiet, and generally keeps to himself. However, upon knowing the stallion or mare in question, he becomes talkative and outgoing, as well as providing a fun and loving atmosphere when around friends.

Character Summary:

Growing up in Manehatten, Ink Quill, always had a fondness for writing and story telling, since he was a young colt, he would always tell stories to his friends and sometimes his own family. His family owned a local book store in downtown Manehatten, known as “Barns and Books”.

Considering that he always had writing materials on hand, he spent most of his time during school writing creative pieces rather than actually learning what the lesson of the day, or even the lesson of the week was. Though, due to his parents owning a book store, he spent his nights studying and catching up on work that was due the next day.

Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of his life, was when he gained his cutie mark. While sitting in class one fateful day, while writing a story, one that obviously had nothing to do with the assignment of the day, a light shined briefly, causing the teacher and the rest of the class to get distracted. Slowly he stopped writing as the teacher had stopped lecturing, and all eyes seemed to be focused on him. At first he thought he did something wrong, sitting in silent for what felt like an hour, but was really mere-minutes, he didn't realize what happened, until the teacher changed the lecture to cutie marks, and how they were acquired.

When he was a young Stallion, his parents asked him if he could attempt to expand the family business, this would be achieved by opening a new book store in a town further away from Manehatten. Having never actually left Manehatten in his entire life, he saw it as an adventure, and a challenge. Setting his goals for Canterlot, the Capital of Equestria, he began packing.

Once he was ready to leave, he said good bye to his family, and friends, and set off to begin the adventure of a life time, at least for him. He saw this as an opportunity to begin a new life, and to write a story of his endeavors, also seeing it as an opportunity to meet new ponies.

InkQuill.png

I'm glad the Barnes and Nobles reference was caught, even though I was at a lack of creative insight for a name at that time, I just decided to change a couple of words and letters. Some of my characters generally tend to represent me in a way, the way he gained his cutie mark happened plenty of times with me in real life (minus the magical glow and then a cutie mark appearing, then the lecture.)

I was planning on making the character have an adventure while getting to Canterlot, not just skipping from Manehatten to Canterlot, but going to different places, and meeting people. I'm assuming Ponyville and Manehatten are close to each other, due to the MLP:FIM episode for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, so that would be the first stop!