Random trought about Rarity...

Parker_Izing

Rarity, allways on her classic high class manners and aesthethics... I was thinking, that's one of those times manners follow her look cause her look makes her manners, I mean Rarity is bright white, imagine her with eyelids closed and with no make-up.. just a plain white eyelid, or a pupilless eye, creepy! so, I can assume she recived make-up to avoid that creepy look, and because she wears make-up, Also wears well groomed mane and city manners, she only can be two things: Ponyville's little "minx", or a sophisticathed working woman... How different her character would be if she just was dyed in 'a whole different color'?

Her mane is such a finicky color! Change it, and you change the girl. But I've seen her paler, and it's VERY disturbing. I was expecting her to say "Go To Sleep", really! It's a good thing the designers know what they're doing!

Having taken animation classes before, I can say that color schemes for characters in cartoons make a HUGE difference.

Rarity's scheme works because it's not only elegant, but the pearl white coat and posh-looking mane display her personality. It's cultured-looking and well-kept, showing her personality as a well-knowing, sophisticated, and her mane shows her artistic values.

Designs of characters are everything in animation. After all, Ed from "Ed, Edd, n Eddy" wouldn't be the same character without his height that makes him the "Big Lug" of the group, hmm? Or if Patrick from "Spongebob Squarepants" WASN'T tubby. Appearance, color scheme, and even voice can make a huge difference in characters. That's why we become so unaccustomed to a character looking different (Rarity in "Sonic Rainboom"). It plays around with our familiarity, and perhaps can even signify a change in character in some cases (Like the animators brilliant usage of gray in "Return of Harmony").

Color, in general, makes the character. :smirk: