[Stalliongrad]The Clockwise Pony[Invite-Only]

Chapien

Snowfall laughed as she followed after the colt. She knew the location of many five star luxury hotels in Ostrov, but affordable inns in Rasya--not as much. She didn't want to startle this pony with too much crazy luxury either, so both that and taking him to the manner were not really looking like good solutions.

"Hmm... well," she started as she looked down. "No, I'm afraid I don't know a place off hand in the area. I live on the other side of the city and only make it down here to Rasya on a rare occasion occasion."

She tilted her head and gave a small laugh. "Perhaps we could just look around and see if we stumble upon something."

"Other end of the city, huh?" The only thing on the other end of the city were the Kuznitza, Veya, and Vysokii districts, and Sparks severely doubted that this mare could possibly be from the Kuznitza, or even the Veya districts. His "benefactor" was certainly not all that she said she was, though once again, he decided not to question her- yet.

He stepped outside of the store and after walking just a few blocks, he stopped, pointing towards a small inn. "Well, I suppose that would work, eh?"

Snowfall smiled as she could see Sparks consider where she was from. She wasn't actively trying to conceal her identity, so she didn't mind if he started to piece it together. If all this went as she was seeing it now, he'd find out soon enough anyway. She followed after the colt closely. When he stopped to point out an inn, she nodded.

"Yes. It looks cozy," she said as she approached the quaint, comfortable looking inn readily. "That should work! Hopefully they still have available rooms."

Sparks enters the inn, breathing a sigh of relief. The common room seemed to be empty, and a small, nearly burned-out fire in the fireplace. There was a rather tired looking innkeeper behind the counter. Sparks approached the counter slowly.

"Um, yes, do you have two rooms available?" The innkeeper gave a rather bored looking nod.

"Ah, great!" He turned back to Snowfall. "I'll probably be up all night working on the watch- you are more than welcome to watch me work."

Snowfall was slightly surprised when Sparks said they were after two rooms. She hadn't realized she would be staying here as well. Not that she had much to complain, even if it might confuse some of the servants at the manor when they realized she wasn't there in the morning. So long as she still made it down to the office the next day, she doubted it would cause that much of a fuss though. It wouldn't be the first time she stayed out all night, after all.

"I'd be happy to watch you work for a while," she said with a grin. "I'm curious to see how it's done."

Sparks smiled and began to head up the stairs towards the room the innkeeper pointed him to. "Right, then, to my room I suppose."

He opens the second door on the right, entering a somewhat small room with a simple bed and desk. "Its not much... but it should do." He immediately removes his tool belt and sets it down on the table, along with the broken clock. He lights a nearby lantern and picks up the watch with his horn, inspecting the damages.

"Well... all of the parts seem to be here at least... I can fix this. No problem."

Snowfall followed the colt to the room and gave a nod as she looked around. Being that it was comparable in size to some of the walk-in closets back at the manor, it certainly wasn't going to impress her, but it still looked comfortable enough. It looked queen, and it had the right accommodations for the price. It was certainly simply, but simplicity was something Snow could appreciate. If her room was similar to this one, she'd be just fine sleeping there if she must.

"Yeah. This isn't bad," she said, nodding as she looked around.

Looking down as he placed the watch and tools on the table, she smiled. "Excellent. I'm quite eager to see you work your magic."

Sparks grinned. "Then watch a master at work!"

He began by organizing the parts into different piles, gears of different sizes each in different piles, screws and bolts and nobs all separated neatly by size and function. He opened up the watch, revealing the empty insides of the watch, all of the parts having fallen out or been removed for the purpose of the repair. Sparks picked up a large gear and delicately placed it inside of the watch, grabbing a screw and the gear into the clock, levitating the screwdriver with his horn. He then proceeded to place various other mechanisms, cogs, and gears of all shapes within the clock, screwing or hammering them in until they fit together perfectly.

After an hour or two, he closed the clock and attached the winder, quickly winding it up and releasing. Much to his disappointment, it did not work. Frowning, he detached the winder and re opened the watch and began to remove and replace parts, moving everything around, taking about another hour, before trying again, once again being met with disappointment.

After repeating this process another two times, he attempted to wind up the watch and was met with success as the hands began to turn.

"Aha! And it works! Sorry it took so long. It has been a while."

Snowfall watched with interest as the young pony worked hard at the watch. To be entirely honest, after the first several minutes it got kind of boring. The work was on a small scale and intricate, and it was often hard to see exactly what the young colt was doing. It took several hours, and he needed his focus so there wasn't much chance for conversation. By the second hour, Snowfall kind of wished she had brought along the Daring Do novel she was currently working her way through to pass the time. Nevertheless, she watched and waited, trying to keep herself from falling asleep on the colt's bed. After all, regardless of how this went, the pay off was what she was waiting for. That would make this all worth it.

Eventually, after much struggle, the young colt's toil paid off and called out his success. The exhausted Snowfall became alert as she moved in to see the watch's hands tick. She smiled at him.

"Wonderful. You really could do it," she said with a smile. "How very impressive."

Sparks grinned, rather pleased with his work. A watchmaker of lesser skill would have taken all night- perhaps even longer- to fix this watch, especially considering its completely broken state. He turned to his benefactor, holding the watch proudly.

"And that is that, madame. Thank you for your assistance."