Any of you cosplay ponies

TwistedSound

Because my friend and i may be able to attend a con in September and she's going to cosplay as pinkie pie if we go.

i want to cosplay as well, but im just not sure who to go as.

im kinda chubby, and of medium height if that helps/ or maybe even better; how do you decide who your going to go as.

also pictures of you guys cosplaying would be cool.

i hope there isn't another one of these threads i checked.

i figured this wasn't really a question but if it should have gone there i am very sorry.

I went to BroNYcon as Rainbow Dash.

I don't have a picture, but it was a light blue t-shirt with Dash's mark on it, felt wings velcroed on the back, a rainbow mane and tail from the Five Wits, and felt ears.

Overall it worked well. I needed my friend to attach the wings for me everyday, and it was a challenge at first getting used to a shoulder length mane since I'm a guy with short hair.

I plan to use it again at a con (non MLP related) in October.

okay thank you. may i ask about how much that cost?

if i cant afford something like that

im thinking i may go as fluttershy, and make my self a jacket, and pants because i have 6 yards of light yellow fabric just laying around in my bedroom, and i hate to let things go to waist.

I'm planning on doing Pinkie pie for multiple cons. I'm trying to make it pretty comfortable and easy to wear so it will last several cons. I'm actually pretty excited and getting it together.

at the Seattle-based Sakura Con there were cosplaying ponies as far as the eye could see and at Emerald City Comic Con we had a large Celestia that was really impressive!

A full pony fursuit (body, hooves, and head) will run somewhere around $2,500. At least, that's what the Sophie Cabra suits run. She was actually Derpy at BroNYcon and there was also Vinyl Scratch and Dr. Whooves.

Cosplaying only really works if you are a hot girl

Not really. plenty of guys hit on "con girls" when they wouldnt even recognize them walking around the in the real world!

Cosplay is an illusion. Makeup, padding, wigs....

and so much more than your looks especially if your costume is accurate, has high quality, has the correct props that are made well....

A MLP cosplay can be done by anyone, whether or not another deems them "worthy" of their cosplay. Thats what the spirit of cosplay is all about!

Not really. plenty of guys hit on "con girls" when they wouldnt even recognize them walking around the in the real world!

Cosplay is an illusion. Makeup, padding, wigs....

and so much more than your looks especially if your costume is accurate, has high quality, has the correct props that are made well....

A MLP cosplay can be done by anyone, whether or not another deems them "worthy" of their cosplay. Thats what the spirit of cosplay is all about!

If the cosplay makes them hot then they are still a hot girl

If your friend is playing Pinkie Pie, then really any mane six will do. It's not like Pinkie has a closeness to a particular pony.

If your friend is playing Pinkie Pie, then really any mane six will do. It's not like Pinkie has a closeness to a particular pony.

Probably because Pinkie close to all of her friends, she can easily hang out with all of them!

As with any cosplay, make sure you're comfortable, plan ahead for costume failures (always bring extra bits of costume that might wear out or fall off, such as pins, glue, string, etc.), and stay hydrated, especially if you're wearing a lot of stuff and you get warm.

Have fun with it! Do whatever you like!