Memory [Final]

TemplarFrost

Roleplay Type: Crossovers

Name: Memory. Color tag: Navy or Indigo

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: She is blind, so her pupils are a soft light blue.

Coat Color: Midnight Blueish- Purple.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color and Style: Her mane is very large and wavy, and her tail is slender, and loops at the end.

Physique: Not very strong, or fast for that matter. She prefers to stay out of physical activities. Memory's height is medium tall. Although she is blind, she uses the thoughts of other ponies around her to find her way around.

Cutie Mark: An eye with a star above it. Memory got her cutie mark after she read her teacher's mind for the first time. (white)

ijXFV.jpg

Origin/Residence: She was born in an area near Hoofenhiem, but raised in an orphanage. She was adopted by wealthy parents in Hoofenhiem then she moved into an apartment, after she grew into Mare.

Occupation: She works as a psychiatrist. Because of her amazing mental abilities.

Motivation: She loves to sing. And she also loves to work with her patients, and make them feel better.

Likes: Helping people, singing, sleeping, meditating, and listening to relaxing music.

Dislikes: Headaches, annoying people, loud noises, dubstep, and meeting new people (she is a bit shy).

Virtues: She is kind, caring, and is incredibly slow to anger. She can can sing very well. She also has the gift of Telepathy, and Hypnosis.

Flaws: Can be shy at times, and can get scared easily. And tends to get dangerous when angered.

Character Summary: Memory was born in an area near Hoofenhiem, but all she remembered about her past was in the Orphanage. Due to her nice attitude, she was generally popular in the Orphanage. She was kind, nice, and could sing very well, and for that, all of the other foals loved her. But due to her bllindness, she was not adopted until well into her mid-filly years. By a wealthy business-family in Hoofington Memory's mother was very caring, but her father was neglectful to her, and rarely showed her any love. Her foster parents also had a spoiled daughter, who older than her. She really hated Memory, and thought that she would steal all of her attention. Other than that, Memory still found a way to be happy.

In school, due to her shyness, she was generally unpopular in school, and only had a few friends. But one day, during a verbal pop quiz in class, Memory achieved something that shocked everypony in her class into silence.

"Okay class, what is-"

"Stalliongrad" Memory quickly interjected. "Er, sorry, vhet ves ze' question again?"

The entire classroom froze in a shocked silence, and Memory was battered with numerous looks of awe.

"Memory, how did you know that?" The teacher asked in amazement.

"Uh, ist, Lucky guess?"

With that, the teacher sighed, and continued with the quiz.

"Okay class, who is the-"

"Shining Armor" Memory interrupted. "Oh, I em' very sorry miss." Memory added, embarrassed.

Memory's teacher was not angry, but astonished. Every single response from Memory, was aided by a faint purple glow of her horn. The rest of the class saw this too, and started to think about various things all at once. Due to this, It was only a matter of time before Memory earned a searing headache. When the teacher saw this, she ordered all the foals in her class to form a single line in front of the midnight blue unicorn, so she could read their thoughts accordingly. There, they found out that after only a few thoughts, her painful headache returned, and she was unable to think or act clearly for the next five minutes. Seeing this, the teacher dismissed the class to recess, where they found out that she earned her cutie-mark, in telepathy.

One day in school however, her sister and a few unruly, spoiled fillies decided to pick on the poor filly, due to her shyness. The hurtful things that the clique said to her was amplified greatly, because she could sense the sheer depravity from their thoughts. The bullying lasted for another minute or so, about her hair, eyes, cutie mark, and other various things about Memory. Alas, her sister took it way too far, and began to pick on her orphaned childhood. Memory finally had enough. Suddenly angered, she slowly asked them to be quiet, in an attempt to stand up to them. But instead of backing down, they started to hold their heads in pain. Not only the clique, but all of the other ponies around her started having jarring headaches. Seeing this, Memory instantly ceased her anger, and started to apologize for the disturbance, crying.

Memory swore that she would never let herself get too angry again.

A few years later, when Memory was graduated from foal school and grew into a mare, the relations between her sister and father increased. Memory moved out of her parent's house to live in an apartment nearby, where she soon got a job as a psychiatrist, due to her mental ability. She also starred in many performances throughout Equestria, for her ability to hypnotize animals. (She has not been able to hypnotize other ponies yet). Right now, she is looking for a suitable stallion to be a companion.

post-3487-0-58289500-1343075480_thumb.pn

What is this "Active Development" you speak of?

It's a status that lets us know the player is still keeping an application active, or this forum would be packed with half-finished or forgotten apps. This one will definitely need details and work, as it is a WIP, and we like to make sure the player is interested in developing the application further.

TL;DR - I'll prod you here once every three days. Just comment when I do. :D

It's a status that lets us know the player is still keeping an application active, or this forum would be packed with half-finished or forgotten apps. This one will definitely need details and work, as it is a WIP, and we like to make sure the player is interested in developing the application further.

TL;DR - I'll prod you here once every three days. Just comment when I do. :D

Okay. BTW, is it okay for me to use colors for the Memory's dialogue? I'm only planning on using a few lines, and the color i'm using is navy, which is dark and easy to read.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Templar!

You have a neat character her with an well thought out cutie mark story, but she's going to have to jump a few hurdles in order to be accepted into the World of Equestria /slice of life role play forum.

The main issue is that we strongly discourage folks to have characters that have powers that enable them to effectively control the actions of other peoples' characters. On the sliding scale of "acceptable" hypnosis is the least problematic, and even then pretty stringent limits have to be stated, and the effects therein have to be temporary, and only enacted within a short range from the characters performing the hypnosis. In other words, fairly weak. And while out and out mind control is not acceptable at all in WoE RP, mind reading still falls into that area of exerting control on another person's character (in that unless a character specifically says, in RP that they are thinking something, you would always have to be making up things for Memory to read out of their heads) that is not quite appropriate in that forum. Especially the rather dark accidentally/kind of intentionally causing headaches of the bullies around her.

She could just have a great mind of reading vocal emotions, and easily recognize other ponies upon first meeting, which would be quite a feat for a blind pony, or other types of things that could tie into her name and cutie mark. She may even have a degree of magical empathy, but I do not think that the telepathy will be acceptable. All of these things would enable her to keep the same Job that she currently holds, though.

The main issue is that we strongly discourage folks to have characters that have powers that enable them to effectively control the actions of other peoples' characters. On the sliding scale of "acceptable" hypnosis is the least problematic, and even then pretty stringent limits have to be stated, and the effects therein have to be temporary, and only enacted within a short range from the characters performing the hypnosis. In other words, fairly weak.

I already got that covered. I said that Memory could only hypnotize animals, and could not do ponies, yet. (When I say yet, I really mean never.)

And while out and out mind control is not acceptable at all in WoE RP, mind reading still falls into that area of exerting control on another person's character (in that unless a character specifically says, in RP that they are thinking something, you would always have to be making up things for Memory to read out of their heads) that is not quite appropriate in that forum.

I figured I'd run into a problem with that. I was actually planning on asking fellow RPer's what their OC is thinking, before I posted that my OC red their minds. Also, I lessened her mental ability down, to the point where she is gets a massive headache after a few mind reads. But if that is still inappropriate, I could say that she lost most of her mind reading capability, to the point of just one read gives her a headache. Or that she has to touch other OC's with her horn, in order to read their minds.

Especially the rather dark accidentally/kind of intentionally causing headaches of the bullies around her.

I did say that my OC swore never to get herself too angry to to that again, if that's okay. And the headaches I portrayed wasn't really extreme at all, in my opinion.

She could just have a great mind of reading vocal emotions, and easily recognize other ponies upon first meeting, which would be quite a feat for a blind pony, or other types of things that could tie into her name and cutie mark. She may even have a degree of magical empathy, but I do not think that the telepathy will be acceptable. All of these things would enable her to keep the same Job that she currently holds, though.

I really don't think that is all that, well "fun" to me. Especially the "recognize other ponies upon first meeting" deal. If I do only that, I would be RPing skills that could be found in real humans. That, to me, is really boring. If I could further encumber the OC to the point of losing any god-modding you see, do you think you could accept this?

Np5xi.jpg

Sorry, rules are rules, and another senior helpstaffer who has been here much longer than me confirmed that mind reading is something that we really can't accept into the World of Equestria RP. And we can't even take it on a case-by-case basis, we just need to keep this power out of the Slice of Life RP environment completely.

Hypnosis, even of just animals, is kind of pushing the limits as it is, and even then it doesn't seem like it's core to her character, career and motivation and is just an add-on to give her additional powers. You could literally just completely lose this aspect of the character and she'd still be the same since it doesn't seem to have much bearing on her career choice and personality (if she was a pet psychologist, it might be different)

I am sorry if the suggested changes might make it less fun for you to play, but we do really have to keep everyone's best interests in mind, as well as think about the future implication of allowing certain kinds of powers into that environment. You are, of course, more than welcome to keep this character in crossovers, and I think if you do, I would just like you to maybe tell me a bit more about her relationship with her sister currently, and maybe tell us her sister's name :D

There are good things happening in crossovers, which is really just a legacy name, and you have a lot more room to expand canon in interesting ways.