Scheduled?

Motion Paradox

I was wondering if the steps after you've finished creating a character and are waiting for approval can only happen on certain days

I tried to create a roleplay character a little while ago but didn't realise that I had to list her as completed and since I didn't come on here for a while, I only found out when I tried to post in the Iron Pony competition. Fortunately my post was recovered and moved back so I was able to mark it correctly but now nothing has happened. I know that applications need two stamps to be approved but I haven't seen any stamps at all or a post telling me what I need to change to be accepted (I'm sorry if I seem too anxious, it's just that I'm a bit worried that I won't be approved until after the event has ended)

So my question is if the various steps are scheduled so each one can only happen on certain days, I noticed that applicatiions seem to be accepted several at a time instead of as their ready so....

Thank You

First, applications no longer get two stamps, they only get the giant approved stamp. Second, there's no real schedule, just whenever the staff has got time to work. Please try to remember that we're all volunteers, and we've got real life things to take care of before we can spend time on the forums :)

• Like 2

Since getting the Accepted stamp is one of the last steps, you will generally see a bunch get accepted on the same day. However, there are some that may have been waiting a week, while others were passed on just that morning. A Senior RP Helper just has to go through and read the Application to make sure there is nothing glaringly wrong with it. The regular RP Helpers have already gone through at that point and critiqued and refined the Application. So the Senior RP Helper's job is a lot easier and faster. They can go through the list of ready apps, hopefully just have to read them over, and stamp.

You can speed up the process too, by including all of the information needed for a Mane RP character, especially with respect to canon. If we have to debate, refine, and question something about a character, it takes much longer to approve them for play. If you submit a good application with plenty of detail and nothing wacky, a Helpstaff can process it right away, instead of asking you to modify or include information and getting back to the application once you have done so.

• Like 1