I’m at Home, so Where Are You? (with QueenChrysallis747)

osprey77

Thespian Thespony, or ‘Thes’ as he was known to his friends, and, well, just about everypony, was tired. This was unusual—the pale-blue stallion was usually bursting with energy, ready to take on anything—but he’d had a hard week. Well, couple of weeks, really. The theater season had ended a few months before, and Thes had set out once more in search of Heart Song.

Thes was so far behind her now; he despaired of ever finding her again. In his frustration, he knew that if he could only search non-stop, it would be a bit easier, but financially, that was not a viable option. He’d spent fruitless months in Manehatten, and Fillydelphia, only to have the trail run cold. Now, the season was about to being again, and his funds were running low, so it was back to Canterlot and the flat he shared with a buddy from highschool—back to the frantic circuit of auditions, rehearsals, and performances. Ordinarily, this world gave Thes such a rush, but now he could only think of how it pushed him ever further from his special somepony—wherever she was.

Word Smith had gotten a bit put out by his friend’s pacing, so Thes gave him space and headed towards the Canterlot Library, hoping the quiet atmosphere would calm him down, give him some time to clear his head and prepare for the coming months. To his surprise, a familiar face greeted him at the front desk: It was Moonlite Frost, a good friend of Heart, and one of the ponies he Heart Song, and Word Smith had hung out with through highschool. Maybe she knows something about Heart! Or, at any rate, she might be able to give me some advice…

He trotted over and siad in the low voice that seems only to be used in libraries and churches, “Moonlite! Long time, no see! When did you start working at the library?”

Moonlite Frost had been at the library that day since 6 am, just at the crack of Dawn, she loved the library, so many books and so peaceful. She always came in extra early to scan the entire library for disordered or messy shelving and books. Then she would go to the counter, pull out a book on magical spells and read until opening. Even after she opened it was usually so dead, so she would general practice a few minor spells, nothing to hurt the precious library.

But then she heard a familiar sweet voice which could only mean one thing, "Thes!" she said quietly but overjoyed still. Oh how she adored this Stallion, brave, strong, and such talent, not to mention very, very handsome. But she would always put those those thoughts aside, otherwise it would just make her sad. She knew Thes only wanted one mare in this entire land, that was Heart Song, and that upset Moonlite, yeah she wasn't as talented or pretty but she would always be there for him. She mentally shook her head to throw away those thoughts, "Why are you here Thes?" she asked not that i really need to ask.

“No particular reason…just had to get out of the flat: I was driving Word Smith crazy.” Thes grinned sheepishly. Just seeing Moonlite had taken him momentarily back to highschool, which meant back to Heart, of course. “So…”He tried to sound casual, but knew he wasn’t really succeeding, “have you heard anything from Heart since she left?” It’d been almost two years since she’d disappeared, and, though Thes had never told even his closest friends, he’d been days away from proposing.

She’d left only the note: “I’m not where I’m supposed to be, I’m not who I’m supposed to be, and I just can’t stay here.” Thes had picked up on some of her tension earlier, and now kicked himself for having all but ignored it. He had to find her: if only to be sure she was happy in her new life. If her happiness meant him not being around…no, that thought was too painful. He had to believe they could work whatever had bothered her out together.

Moonlite shook her head, "No, sorry Thes," she said sounding like she actually card about her and his situation, "Bu you know me, always looking atthe papers from all over Equestria," she smiled, "If I get anyword I'll be sure to tell you first chance I get ok?" she said and went back to her book expecting his usual response which was a saddened groan, a weak thank and then to pad out. She continued to study the spell she was on, it was a teleportation spell, a fairly advance one.

Thes bit his lip. “I just feel like I’m going in circles: I’m afraid I’ve lost her for good this time.” He shook his head in frustration and self-blame, black-and-platinum mane momentarily obstructing his vision. Suddenly, he stopped, and turned back to Moonlite. “Before she left, did she say anything to you about why she was upset? Why she wanted to leave?”

((ooc: the answer can be yes or no, if yes, see her bio, I wrote the reason there.))

"well I actually think she did, you see the day before she dissapeard she came to talk to me about magic for some reason," Moonlite said the. Shook her head, "Anyway in the end she began to mention how ponies in this town were to judgmental of music and don't like to just listen, she mentioned she wanted those kind of crowds," Moonlite sighed and sat and looked at him.

Thes froze in his tracks. If that was true…It all makes sense now! But why didn’t she just tell me? With a sinking heart, he knew the answer. Because my career was taking off, and I was loving it. I was happy here…and she wasn’t . The pale blue stallion looked back up at Moonlite. “If you were Heart Song, where would you go?” This wasn’t the shot in the dark it seemed—the mares had been good friends through highschool and beyond, and Moonlite Frost might have some insight. Of course, with my first audition tomorrow, even if she has an idea, I’ll have to wait. This is maddening!

"hmm well first Manehatten and Phillypelphia," Moonlite thought and looked at him and shrugged, "Maybe Ponyville but that's all I could imagine," she shook her head, "Sorry I can't help anymore then that," she looked down, "I'm going on break," she said simply, "I'll be at the corner cafe," with that she locked up her register, threw her book in her bag and walked out as a new Stallion walked over to cover her break.

She walked out and sighed, "I need to find a Stallion as well," she turned back the library then back to the street and began to walk off.

Thes watched her go, considering. “Well, Manehatten and Fillydelphia were strikeouts…Ponyville? That’s where her family is…It would make sense for her to work her way there, eventually…Anyway, her parents may know something…” He nodded, course set. As soon as the season is done, I’m heading to Ponyville. Now that he had a definite plan, Thes figured he could focus on his work. Deep inside, he still fretted about Heart, his worry now compounded by the fact that he’d seen clues to her discomfort, but had ignored them; nevertheless, he could do nothing until the season ended.

He watched the retreating mare, remembering Word Smith’s latest heroine…who had striking resemblance to a certain mare they knew in highschool… Thes trotted after Moonlight. “Hey, you wanna join me and Word Smith for dinner tonight? He needs to get out of the flat himself, and I think he’d enjoy seeing you again.”

((ooc: This could get complicated though, because I haven’t submitted a bio for Word Smith, per se. He’s actually the male version of my WiP, Fictoria, who hasn’t been accepted yet… think I could work him in, anyway?))

She remembered Word Smith, he was an ok pony, not too fond of him though. She thought and simply replied, "I dont know," she said and went on. She didn't want to sound like a real mean pony but right now she just wanted some one to hold. She shook her head, "Stop that Moonlite!" she said to herself and grumbled. She soon was outside the cafe and froze and looked at it with a sigh and went to go in. All these years of loneliness were getting her, eating away slowly.

(I wouldn't risk it)

((Yeah...I had the same thought. I guess the question is, Now what? I mean, Moonlite's wandering off, wishing for a Coltfriend,and I don't have antoher male char. Do you want to invite in someone else? I mean, where else do we take this?))

((Er...no. I have plans for a grand reunion of Thes and Heart; So, sorry, not going to happen. As for where else the plot could go...I'm kind of stuck. Besides a Coltfriend, is there anything else your character wants? Sometimes secondary goals can fuel plots as well. I mean, I'm all set to transition into 'Actor Thespian' from 'Searching Thespian' so maybe Moonlite gets involved in a production somehow?))