Private Lessons? (QueenChrysalis747)

CrimsonNova

Tip Toes sighed as she began to fix some of the decorative banners and posters that aligned the room. Work was slack these days, and things didn't seem to be going very well at all.

She hated seeing her studio look so lonely, and had tried to liven up the place with banners and bright colours, in order to draw more attention to the studio. She wondered whether ponies even needed to know how to dance anymore.

She sighed again and moved the ladder into the storeroom when she had finished with the decor. She looked at the door, and retreated to the counter, where she went into the back room to read on her old chaise-lounge, knowing that if somepony really wanted her, they'd ring the bell on the counter.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moonlite Frost trotted home after her day at the Library, "Oh work was tiresome today," the mare complained to herself, "guess I'll just go home to unwind," she sighed. She was bored, there was nothing to do in this town, and she didn't have many friends. Then she spotted the shop, she saw the colorful attraction and scored to see what it was.

She trotted up to it and read the beautifully decorated sign, "Tip Toes dance class," she shrugged, "could be fun," with that she entered and padded up to the counter and rang the bell lightly, "Um hello?"

Tip Toes started when she heard the bell, and got up slowly, telling herself this was probably just another pony playing some sort of joke on her. She saw a mare at the counter and smiled to herself a little. She didn't look like the type to play pranks. She looked more like the type to be sitting in a fancy restaurant with a fancy stallion all dressed up in fancy clothes.

She took a small breath and smiled. "Hello, I am Tip Toes, but most just call me Tia. Don't ask me why, because I don't know, but I like it a lot more than my given name," she said, rolling her eyes playfully. "What can I help you with today, miss..?"

"well nice to meet you Tia, my name is Moonlite Frost," she paused and thought, "Hmm well I don't have a nickname I do hope that is ok," she smiled and shook her head, "I'm so sorry getting totally sidetracked," she giggled sheepishly, 'oh god she is cute! Oh I gotta pull this together!' she thought and closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She then opened them, "I would like to pay for your dance lessons, if your not busy that is." she gave a Pinkie smile

(By Pinkie smile I mean a big happy but somewhat doofy smile)

Tia grinned at the mare in a warm and friendly, yet refined way. She waved an airy hoof around the studio, and tilted her head to the side, so that her lilac mane fell over her shoulder. "Does it really look like I'm busy?" she asked gently, and moved around the counter to inspect the mare's physique.

"I'd be happy to help you! Now, what kind of dancing did you have in mind? Something for a ball? Or something more modern? I specialize in slow dancing, but I am proud to say I'm learning in the ways of modern dancing too." she said, her eyes roving over the mare, in order to get a better insight as to how she would preform on the dancefloor.

"As a policy, I don't expect my customers to pay until afterwards, so I know that they were entirely happy with the lesson!" she said, and smiled kindly at the mare.

"yes that's quite nice," she smiled warmly and noticed her string but figure it was just some preliminary test or something so she brushed it off, "Well if you specialize in slow then that is quite alright with me," she said with a warm smile, "I like any dance really so."

"Well it's good that you're open to any kind of dancing!" Tia grinned and went over to close the studio door, and turning the sign to "in session."

She turned back to Moonlite and smiled warmly. "Was there a particular event you needed to learn to dance for?" she asked, noting the mare's appealing figure and taking a wild guess. "You're not getting married are you?" she inquired, more for her own curiosity, as she began to make her way to put some music on.

She giggled, "No no, I'm, um," she went beat red, "Not into Stallions much," she shuffled a hoof expecting the girl to get insulted or disgusted and ask her to leave, "So I just wanted to learn, in case I so need it."

Tia smiled to herself, completely misunderstanding and tilted her head as tinkling ballroom music began to fill the room. "Ah, more into studying or something else, are you? No time for pesky stallions, hm?" She winked a little, letting release of a small girlish giggle.

She then made her way over to Moonlite and stood on her hind legs, indicating that the other mare should follow suit. When she had, she took hold of her forehooves and balanced her.

"Okay now for the first few minutes, try to follow my hooves, and then we'll see what you can do by yourself."

Tia winced as one of her hooves was stepped on, but tried not to say anything just yet. However, after another few trods, she exclaimed in pain. "Try to keep your eyes on my hooves!" she sighed, exasperated.

She tried slowing down her pace a little; it seemed rather clear that this mare was either a terrible dancer, or had her mind on something else. "Is there something bothering you?" Tia asked, tilting her head.

Tip Toes grinned and shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm just out of practice. I didn't mean to snap at you, my apologies," she said, carefully nudging the mare into action, as they sashayed across the floor. "Well, at least you seem to be getting the hang of it now," she said brightly, trying her hardest not to stare at the eyes of the mare in front of her, which were sparkling enchantingly.

She giggled gleefully at the comment and manages to get a hang of balance and smiles at the mare. She looked at the mare, her eyes were like a maze, she just kept getting lost, she wished ahe could just lean in and...and kiss her. She managed to snap back to reality and blushed and lost balance, releasing the mare and falling onto her rump with an 'oph'

Tia tried to grab the mare as she fell, but missed, and squeaked as Moonlite fell to the ground. She rushed forward and bent down to look at her. "Hey, are you okay? You were doing so well!" she said, making sure that Moonlite was okay, before she giggled a little. "What a spectacular fall, if I must say," she laughed, nudging her partner.

She smiled and grunted to all fours rubbing her rear, "Thanks," she smiled warmly and stared at the mare getting lost in her eyes, "My Celestia you have such amazing eyes, well I mean your amazing in general..." then she froze and prayed the mare wouldn't be upset or disturbed

(BTW I chose ya for Moonlite ship, if ya want)

(Yeah that's fine.)

Tip Toes' smile faltered a little at the comment, but she regained it quickly. "Well, thank you!" she said, slowly, turning back to pause the music. "You're quite the unique mare yourself. Would you like to take a small break?" she asked, trying to quell the nerves that were beginning to bubble up inside her. "We can get a drink in my living quarters, if you will," she said, winking playfully.

(I always OOC in a small font. c: )

Tia gestured to the small door behind the counter, which led into her home. She smiled and walked into the kitchen, Moonlite by her side. "What would you like? I have pretty much everything, I think." she said, tilting her head.

As she waited for a response, she gazed at Moonlite, glancing at her cutie mark and wondering what on earth it stood for.

Tia smiled and moved to the cabinet, where she pulled out a carton of juice. She poured two glasses absentmindedly, trying to think of something to say to avoid awkward silence. She turned to the mare and handed her the glass, and the two stood in silence until: "So are you a jewellry maker or something?" she asked, gesturing towards Moonlite's cutie mark.

"A dress maker?" Tia inquired, tilting her head slightly, while trying to match this to her cutie mark. The librarian comment threw her too, and she didn't want to pry too much. She smiled and sipped her juice, waiting for the conversation to pick up. It wasn't that it was awkward between the two mares, Tia just simply didn't want to embarass herself in front of Moon.

She kept noticing the mares glances toward her flank and the questions finally clicked, "Oh yeah my Cutie Mark has nothing to do about my aspirations, if I followed my Cutie Mark I would be a guardian angel," she smiled warnly

"Guardian angel?" Tia asked, completely confused. "How in Equestria did that come about?" she asked, sitting down on a lounger, and patting the space beside her. "I must say, the story sounds compelling already!"