Artistic Help Wanted

MasterMustang

To be honest my fellow bronies and pegisisters, I am not drawing or even doodling for that matter. My profile pic was one of my few implusive drawings and my very first as a brony. I would like something more in the MLP: FiM fashion. If any of you would not mind and or want to, I would like it if someone could design me a new profile pic/avatar that... well... looks better and original if you know what I mean. If you take this request on you don't have to worry as you will have complete artistic authority although all I ask is that you stay true to my pony's, Master Mustang's, character and general design as much as possible. Thank you for listening and really really thank you if you take this on.

Picture Reference:

master_mustang_by_chaseufc79-d59cu1y.jpg

Toast to the artistic bronies and pegisisters here! ^^

What are the colours you had in mind?1 Also, I'd want a clearer shot of the characters on the belt.2 No promises as to when I'd have it finished by, I'm busy with an animation project at the moment, but it's nice to take an occasional break and do something slightly different. :)

---------

1 I take it you want the uniform white and the belt black.

2 I'd also like to know what they, and the characters on the cutie mark, mean, but that's up to you.

You are correct, I want the uniform to look traditionally white and the belt black. Here are some references for what I would like done...

Uniform: Just the top; simple snow white color, with black collar. The patch in the center is not needed unless you would like to do that too, then I would like it to be the Korean flag.

ML249E.spread.jpg

koreanflag.gif

Belt: Simple black belt but the characters on it should be gold. There also needs to be 4 gold bars at one end of the belt with the characters (see references).

- I'm changing the characters on the belt to reflect his name "Mustang."

black_belt.jpg

(I would give you my belt as a reference but I am having some trouble posting pics from my computer, sorry)

Good, I've got all that, but you're missing one important detail... what colour do you want Mustang himself?1 That's kind of important to know ;)

--------

1 Be as specific as you want, down to the eyes. And don't worry about changing your mind; changing colours around in the program I use is pretty easy.

I'll give you his physical data if you haven't seen my application yet.

Coat Color: Light tan

Mane/Tail: Jet black hair; hair is long, sharp edged, and layered; mane is in a large pony tail (used SC character Mitsurugi's hair as a template); has a thin chin-strap beard with a very light 5 ol'clock shadow.

Eyes: Soft eyes, amber in color with accents of green and brown.

Physique: Athletic build with some muscularity, medium height.

Hope this helps. Thanks again. ^^

By the way, my cutie mark needs to be changed as I am told. Could yoou design one for me too? You have my character's profile. I want something that relfects MM's martial arts passion but is focused on the mental/spiritual side. Up for it?

I've decided I'm going to livestream as I draw up your pic, then see if anyone else has any requests. Feel free to drop in.1 Details here: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10888-livestream-art-requests-tonight-2100-british-time/

--------

1 You'd probably be the only one...

Right, got it done! I decided on a nice dynamic pose,1 so it took me a lot longer than I expected, but I'm personally really pleased with the result.2

Of course, it's your character, so ultimately my opinion doesn't count. Let me know what you think, and if you want any changes made.4

post-4427-0-24994200-1344127689_thumb.pn

--------

1 Which has the added advantage of keeping the cutie mark hidden, since I couldn't think of anything appropriate. Sorry :/

2 Apart from the background. I tried using a Korean flag, but the colours clashed really horribly with Master Mustang.3

3 Also, I could not work out what to do with the tail...

4 Seriously, don't hesitate to say if you want changes. I deliberately kept all the individual elements separate so I could change things round with minimum hassle. I may even try animating it at some point, if you have no objection to that.

It looks very cool however there are a few tweeks that could be made to make him really refelct me but that will be a later project. I have a new one that could really use your talent; up for it?

Depends entirely on what it is.1 Give me details man!2

--------

1 Actually, I'm pretty much guaranteed to say yes; I've been out of practice for way too long, and relish any chance to get stuck in to any sort of artistic endeavour.

2 Also, please let me know what you would like tweaked. May as well get it done while the project is still fresh in my mind. :D

I love how enthusiastic you are. ^^

Here it is, I need help designing a cutie-mark that is acceptable in WoE RP. My Coltrean characters (let alone the reference of the place) was considered a no-no. I need to have a martial arts cutie mark. I'm gunna research some and put together some rough sketches on photoshop for you... if I can. ^^"

I'm definitely up for helping with that sort of thing, let me know when you have those rough sketches and I'll get right on it!1

--------

1 I did a little research of my own into possible martial arts related symbols, but nothing I found really seemed appropriate. Hopefully with your knowledge of the subject you'll fare a bit better.

I'm really at a lost for this. I have been doing research as well but have come up with little. However I do know I want my CM centered around the ying-yang symbol.

466px-Yin_yang.svg.png

I'll keep looking for more ideas and post them as I find them. Thanks again.