The Rule of the Iron Fist

Allanon

It is nearing 600 years after Celestia's rule. Life has been hard on Equestria, and the streets are heavy with disease and poverty. A stallion named Logan ha taken the throne, and his rule has been harsh and full of tyranny.

The people are angry with Logan, but the threat of persecution lingers among those who rebel.

The question still remains: Who will lead the revolution?

• 2 weeks later...

The young mare wheezed painfully as she used her still weakening magic again. Anger flooded the pony as pale sea green magic surrounded her picking out the surroundings to her blind eyes.

It was getting weaker, she could only see a foot in front of her. she collapsed on the ground, her brothers and sisters, mother and father all dead, all because of logan.

A blind rage the easy going pony would never normally feel pulled her to her feet again. She must keep moving forward. She's find food, water and shelter somewhere and most importantly she'd find the rebellion the rumours had lead her too.

It might be foolish to dream on whispers but this was her last hope. The war had made her hungry for revenge as well as food. The skills she'd acquired from crafting pocket watches had not been turned into skills making traps and weapons. but with her magic weakening she was finding it harder everyday to find scrap metal.

Suddenly her ears perked to a noise behind her. It had been quiet but in this wasteland even a mouses' rustling stood out. "hello" she called out nervously, turning her blind eyes to the source of the noise.

OOC: Thought I'd drop in

The once proud soldier of the Army, who won glorious fights for his country and with scars to prove it, now roamed the streets. His tan uniform jacket torn and stained, the brown combat harness slacking over his front left leg with empty munnition pouches and a aging rifle slung across his back. Parts of his fur were burned clean off exposing pink vunirable skin and his mane in tatters. The black patch over his left eye barely revealed his wounds from years ago, and his lungs choked in the atmosphere around him. He was one of many who had fought for this tyrant Logan, bring victory and spoils back to Equestria. Without say or even a thought, he betrayed them.

He shot the officers, sacked the guards and resolved every last right the soldiers had. Is this what the Coltgrenadiers deserved; nay, the entire army deserved?

" I will get my chance. One day, my shot will bring back our glory." He murmered, gagging at the sut and plauge around him, only to collapse onto the ground, wheezing. What he last saw before he faded was a mare, looking for something.

"Hello" vintage asked again, cautious, edging towards the noise. She didn't hear a thing, maybe she'd imagined it. Or maybe someone was trying to sneak up on her. She couldn't imagine why though, she was in no great shape if she had food or water she wouldn't be as weak. She used her magic again and saw a collapsed form on the ground.

'this could be a trick' the thought to herself, trying to remain on edge, but then again, from what she would see of his shape, he seemed pretty badly beaten up. Edging closer to the collapsed form she ran a hood delicately over his side. He was wearing something, made from a rough hard-wearing fabric, a uniform maybe ? but a uniform for what ?

Even with a new war-toughened edge she was still finding it difficult to abandon a fellow pony in need. 'one way though it' she thought to herself. and she sighed, the road here had already been difficult and not with a fallen pony, not knowing if he was friend of foe, it was going to be harder still. She summoned up all the magic she could and tried to lift him onto her back, and slowly she managed.

He wasn't as heavy as she thought, starvation had probably seen to that. He was alive, she could feel his breath weakly against her side. as she continued on shaking legs she hoped water wasn't far.

Allanon looked at the palace with hatred, and stormed into it. He held a sword on his back, and a scythe in his hands. Two guards stopped him.

"King Logan is not to be disturbed." They said.

" 'King' Logan can go to hell." Allanon growled with fury, slashing the guards and moving on.

As the purple unicorn struggled with her new companion she slipped a little. A thick fresh coat of mud covered her leg, disgusting, this is just what she didn't need. Adjusting the other pony who still la on her back she stuck a hoof into the mud, it was deep and fresh she frowned until a thought hit her. If there was mud, that must mean "Water!" she cried and pushed on through the mud until she found it. using her magic she piked up an orb of it and made sure it was clean before drinking. she used her magic to gently lift the other pony off her back and layed him down gently in the least muddy spot she could., she gently splashed his face with water to wake him up.

"Hey wake up, it's water, i found water !"

Slowly gaining consious, he could hear something though his eye could barely see anything except a purple blur shouting something. He was feeling something strangly familiar. Mud? His mind soon caved way to years before: The screams of his comrades mowed down by those dreaded 'Glue Makers' called machine guns, the constant explosions, and another soldier; a young conscript. The name had faded when a mortar round sent them flying out of the hole.

It was only interupted when what appeared to be a tidal wave of water spalshed into his face, which rapidly woke him up and forced him to aim his rifle at the purple pony before him with such speed that she barely had a chance to blink.

No, in fact, she couldn't blink at all.

This pony was blind.

Slowly, he lowered the rifle.

"Hello. My name's Deadeye. Mine if I ask who you are?"

Allanon marched into Logan's office with fury,kicking down the door.

"It is rude to enter without my summons." The stuck-up king said.

"I am not here for any casual conversation, mortal." Allanon replied.

"my names vintagevalue, but i'm known as vintage, if you don't mind me asking what happened to you ?" she tilted her head her ear pricking upward and the unseen pony. she was still on her guard, he didn;t see like an enemy, but in a world like this ponies could so desperate things.

Logan smirked at Allanon and said "Mortal? What are you, a god?"

Allanon said nothing, merely standing there with his sword in one hand.

Logan chuckled, and said "Foolish. You have no army to place a proper invasion, and you still attack. Suicide."

Allanon shook his head, and turned back around. He said "Ot is not suicide if one cannot be killed."

It was Logan's turn to remain silent. An Immortal, here in Equestria? Unheard of! He scoffed at Allanon and said "Of you cannot be killed, the this shouldn't hurt!" He stabbed Allanon on the back, who did not react. Not in the way Logan expected.

"What shouldn't hurt?" Allanon asked.

"my names vintagevalue, but i'm known as vintage, if you don't mind me asking what happened to you ?" she tilted her head her ear pricking upward and towards him.

"I was once a soldier in the nation's army, but now... I'm just a shell of my former self thanks to that tyrant of a king. A fine way to treat heroes, but I guess he has little need for them." Deadeye explained. He wanted to say more, but he had said enough already. He then took notice of the water before them, and with enough mustered strength, began filling a rusty canteen. The rust flavored minerals was the least of his concerns.

"For three years, I've thought of nothing expect how to end his recthed life, to at least give back what the Coltgrenadiers fought so hard to earn, but with my aging rifle..." He slung the rifle around and pulled the bolt. The screech and aching metal shrived their ears. "I won't get that chance."

vintage pricked her ears to the sound of the rifle and carefully used her magic to lifeit of him. Her forehead creased a little in concentration, her magic was still pretty weak from exhaustion and hunger, it was old, very old, but despite the damage he good care he had taken of the weapon had ensured all the inner mechanics were intact. If she just got some scrap metal she could easily tighten the loosening trigger and fix up the cracked barrel.

"i might be able to fix this. just need a bit of metal and somewhere ht i can work it." she gently lowered the rifle back to Deadeye. "i'm kind of good with weapon crafting, but the blindness keeps me from using them, so i've mainl;y been sticking with defensive weapons, might be nice to give offensive a try " she smiles, it felt strange as a tiny spark of hope sparked inside her for the first time in what felt like forever. she was done with running, she'd found someone to fight with.

"I know a stallion just outside of town, an old friend of mine. I'm sure he'll have the metal and workshop you'll need." Deadeye took the rifle back, only to once again aim down the sights. No towards vintage but to another further down at the enterance of the alley. "That's far enough. State your name and business, otherwise I will fire upon you and I don't miss." He then whispered to vintage. "There's a bayonet in the sheath near you, you can use it to defend yourself if need be."

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't know." Deadeye whispered back to vintage, then turned back to the stranger before them. "Who are you!" He shouted, the bolt groaning loudly as a round fell into the chamber.

"This your last chance! Talk or Logan won't be the only one to die!"

• 3 weeks later...

BlackHoof peered out at the 'stand off', shuffling from hoof to hoof. He fiddled with the knife makeshift knife he had made from some flint and vine, in case an actions brought them towards him. He took several deep breaths trying to calm his quivering hoofs, ever since the tip of his horn was broke, and he could not release magic from his body, shaking in tense times was very normal for him. Both adrenalin and magic coursing through him caused him to break into cold sweats and shake as if it were cold. He stared of the pony with the rifle and depicted him the biggest threat. He couldn't though, see the target of the one aiming.

• 2 weeks later...

Allanon disregarded the threat, and continued walking. "Logan won't listen to reason, so by all means kill him." He said as he neared Deadeye. The glass eye glowed a dark red as it focused on Deadeye, the organic eye on Vintage.

The front of the barrel shook a bit as the stranger's glass eye peered into Deadeye's soul. He had never been scared of anything; War had killed every last trace of it. Or so he thought. Perhaps this was intimidation or just illusions; whatever it was, it was giving him goosebumps.

"Even if I wanted to kill him, it won't do me any good with this worn rifle of mine." He replied to the stranger, slowly lowering the rifle.