Camp Whitetail [OOC Discussion and Applications]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short term goal I'd like at least 5 character campers, and I'm sure more campers will join up after the rp has started once they see it and it gains interest. Long term goal is I'd like to have someone playing AJ (that isn't one of us already playing a counselor) and roughly 15 campers when I close apps. In total, the camp will have about 50ish campers actually camping at the camp, so the camp itself isn't empty, and also allows for people to come and go (say someone wants to drop out, we just add another camper who has "been there the whole time")

On account of chocoswirl inviting me, I'll gladly participate in this RolePlay.

Name: Buzz

Race: Earth Pony

Current Place of Residence: Ponyville

Have You Attended Camp Whitetail Before?: No

Hair Color: Green

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: A single ant. Signifies his unusually close connection with arthropods of all kinds. It is located on the side of his right shoulder.

Physical Description: A slightly smaller than average physique. He sports tan slacks and a like colored tee shirt.

Personality: Buzz is a tricky and clever boy, utilizing methods nopony else would even think of to get things done, often involving his affinity for insects. He is a friendly and open minded guy, but is a tad shyed away from others because of his mysterious, almost foreboding enigma. This fact upsets him just a tad.

Likes: arthropods, fruit punch, diging holes, using his wits to overcome obstacles.

Dislikes: spicy foods, the cold, his privacy being invaded, when ponies steping on/killing bugs for no good reason

Character Bio: Buzz comes from a sophisticated and proper family. Because of his love for bugs, he is very often conflicting with his parrents and siblings. Upon finding out about Camp Whitetail, his parrents introduced the concept to him claiming it to be a great opportunity to interact more with the creatures he loves so much. Buzz knew the real reason they thought he should go was so that they could have a break from his arthropod love, but agreed nonetheless seeing as how it would still be an opertune chance to spend time with his one passion.

Activities You're Interested In: Animal studies, Animal watching, Nature walks/hikes, Creative writing, Swiming, Book reading sessions, Story telling, Whittling

Final Notes: Buzz has a very close bond with arthropods of all kinds. He is able to communicate with them and even convince them to do his bidding (After offering them one of his self made Bug treats of course ;-) )

I would also like to ask somthing regaurding buzz and his bug affinity. Would it be acceptable for him to be better at handling arthropods on a higher level than Fluttershy would? This would only count for the bugs, Fluttershy is still better with just about any other animal you can think of. Buzz himself is actually probably less than average when it comes to other animals, espically birds.

Thanks for your app Stonetribe. ^^ Snowy and I will take a look over it to make sure everything checks out and we'll be sending you a notification in the mail to let you know of your approval. :D

And I don't see any issue with that, Stonetribe. Fluttershy is the best general animal handler there is, but that doesn't mean someone else can't specialize in one type of animal and be better than her. For example, Twilight is one of the most powerful unicorns, but yet Rarity's magic is still a lot better than Twilight's in the specific aspect of finding gems. So in terms of natural talent, it makes sense that your character could excel at bug handling. :3

Oh, but looking over your app, you did forget to put a cutie mark location. If you could please edit that in, that'd be great. ^^

Thanks for your app Stonetribe. ^^ Snowy and I will take a look over it to make sure everything checks out and we'll be sending you a notification in the mail to let you know of your approval. :D

And I don't see any issue with that, Stonetribe. Fluttershy is the best general animal handler there is, but that doesn't mean someone else can't specialize in one type of animal and be better than her. For example, Twilight is one of the most powerful unicorns, but yet Rarity's magic is still a lot better than Twilight's in the specific aspect of finding gems. So in terms of natural talent, it makes sense that your character could excel at bug handling. :3

Oh, but looking over your app, you did forget to put a cutie mark location. If you could please edit that in, that'd be great. ^^

Derp on my part, Editing now. And thanks!

I'd be honored to play the role of camper number 5! ^^ Hehe, I've invited a couple of friends to come check out this thread, too, so don't worry you guyses! You'll at least have one more applicant, right here. :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Licorice Black

Race: Earth, but is fascinated by magic nonetheless.

Current Place of Residence: Originally from Los Pegasus, but it seems like her family is ALWAYS traveling. (Los Pegasus is cannon, referenced by RD, but if you'd like me to choose a different location, I could do it in a heartbeat!)

Have You Attended Camp Whitetail Before?: Never, ever, ever have I attended Camp Whitetail before! Oh, and neither has Licorice. ;3

Hair Color: Dull silver.. I don't wanna say gray, but it kind of is.. Lol

Eye Color: Emerald green

Cutie Mark: It's sort of like a palm, but with an eye inside. She gained it the same time that she learned to read hooves/palms (are we peoples or ponies?... Peoples, right..? *Asks a friend* Yus, yus we are.. So palms, then.. x3) Humanized, the cutie mark would be a patch, sewn onto her jacket :3

Physical Description: Average physique but very femininely shaped, a little larger in the chest and hips. She rocks a dark headband, under which flows longer hair than most, often covering her face to a point.

Personality: Licorice isn't the best in groups, but loves talking with her peers face to face. She can be either very quiet or very talkative, depending on the situation. She's pretty easy going, and is extremely open minded. There seems to just be an aura about her... But maybe that's just her Moonlight Path perfume.

Likes: Magical things, peaceful environments, scented candles, things that simply cannot be understood, potion making, owls, otherworldly things, and other oddities.

Dislikes: The disapproval of other ponies, failure, being born an earth pony rather than a unicorn, power being abused, and when cabin-mates go to bed too early.

Character Bio:

(Short version: Her family acted like they could tell the future and do other gypsy stuffs, but didn't really believe in any of that stuff and just did it for money, but Licorice really did believe in it and decided to study up on it.)

"Wealth, love and health! COME ONE, COME ALL! Your future depends on your actions today.. IT'S FUN FOR BIG, AND IT'S FUN FOR SMALL! It's all up to you! So what are YOU, going to do?! Black family fortunes." Licorice knew the flier well. She couldn't STAND her family's business. At least, not the way that they went about doing it. She had always been deeply interested in everything her parents were leading others to believe that they could do for them, but knowing that it was all a hoax, a LIE.. Just for the sake of bits.. Really hurt her heart. The books which her parents had displayed in the caravan in order to make their guesstimates about customer's futures and their card trolling seem as believable as possible were legitimate books on the topics. Licorice studied and studied, teaching herself how to do what her parents SO failed at in a rage of pure passion. Eventually, ponies would request for her to do their predictions. She would never do it for bits, no matter how much her parents had begged her to. She still disagreed with their little family business, because of all of her mother and father's fakeness through it. They'd only make other ponies believe that what they were saying was accurate; neither Licorice's mother or father actually believed in the stuff themselves.

Activities You're Interested In: Magic lessons/magic duels with Twilight (She could just watch, but you really don't have to let her in if you wouldn't like to have her there. I know she is just an earth pony, after all ^^), Story telling with Pinkie Pie, Creative writing with Rarity, Swimming with Rainbow Dash, Whittling and foraging with Applejack, and animal studies/animal watching with Fluttershy.

Final Notes: A hopeful spirit who has had the misfortune of seeing her scam-happy family at their worst, Licorice hopes that Camp Whitetail will be a safe, peaceful, parent-free environment, granting the glorious opportunity for her to make some new friends, (It's hard for her with all of the traveling!) and just take a break from her stressful life to have some fun for once!

I look forward to it. Also, I wouldn't say the rp was ever in danger of not getting people. We only needed 5, and really Snowy and I would've had that covered if nobody else showed up. As it is, we're probably gonna start the RP with about 8 people, which is the better half of 15. So we're doing fine. :3 Dreameatr, I don't want you to think I haven't gotten your PM. I'll do the edits later tonight. Star's character should be up, Endilix and RD should be up soon, and I need to talk to Snowy to see when the RP will be up. Stay posted, shouldn't be too much longer now!

I look forward to it. Also, I wouldn't say the rp was ever in danger of not getting people. We only needed 5, and really Snowy and I would've had that covered if nobody else showed up. As it is, we're probably gonna start the RP with about 8 people, which is the better half of 15. So we're doing fine. :3

What I meant from what I was saying, was that with these new members, things will go along more smoothly. I never said we were in danger of not getting people either.

Why does it seem like everything I say is coming across in a different way than I intended?! :scream:

A-yup! :D Only two days until the RP topic goes up!

Thanks! My Charizard has been with me since Pokemon Leafgreen, so I have to have it in every team I have. :3

Needs more bug types... Like six more.

Also, two days?! What am I supposed to do untill then?