Return to Ravnica (M:TG) Interest gauge and brainstorming

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So.

This RP kinda teetered into oblivion for a while. No biggie if things got stale. My fault. But with Gatecrash coming out, I figure it's time for a rehash! A redo! A mulligan, if you will. The old setting of the Mushroom Kingdom diner is still canon, though I will be expanding the 'territory' (is that the right word?) to an outlying neighborhood and... one other place, which will be revealed when I cook up a new application.

New players welcome! Old players welcome! Old players with new characters welcome! Get hype!

Roleplay Type: Ravnica

Name: Melody Amber

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: N/A

Coat: Khaki.

Mane/Tail: Deep purple with a single pale yellow streak. Both worn long. Mane in a pony tail.

Physique: Tall, lanky and out of shape. Feminine.

Cutie Mark: Scales, out of balanced, favoring the right.

Character History: High ranking officials in the Orzhov syndicate often use magical means to extend their lifespans, and as such can become mutated. These defects tend to pass onto their offspring. Though, in Melody Amber's unlucky case, this seemed to skip a generation. Yes, his father (a Monsignor) gained no ill effects from his new one hundred and thirty seven year guarantee. Meanwhile, the boy was born with his eyes useless. While dear Papa saw his first born son as a liability with no potential to move anywhere beyond his bedroom, Meldoy Amber saw this as a challenge. The motivation came from, upon learning Chess via notation, actually beating his old man. A fluke, he said! There was no way he would lose to the blind kid. But Amber would win again and again, to the point where dad has outright refused to play. Well, if it was this easy to wreck the grump, than...

Using solely the gold he accumulated from allowances and 'borrowing' the prestige of his father, he hired tutors, dedicating himself solely to study. Economics, Orzhovian lore, Ravnican history, Poetry, Music, anything at all that could refine him. The field of magic was especially difficult. Without vision, he could only use a small amount of spells, most of which were areas of effect with his own person as its center. A few high ranking officials were bribed, a few blackmailed and he managed to earn the title of Brother right from under his father's nose. Boy was he furious, especially after being assigned to dad's own parish. It became very clear to the Monsenior who was after his job.

Character Summary: Prone to feign helplessness because of his eyes. He's a manipulative *******, and he knows it, though he loses no sleep over the fact. On the plus, he's very refined, speaks eloquently, and is a very good listener. He's friendly to everypony that isn't openly out for his head, prone to buying complete strangers a good lunch. There is an air of superiority that the Orzhov are known for, which he wishes to avoid at all costs. You catch more flies with honey, after all. Most recently, he's set up his own private money lending practice, catering to the smaller businesses that, being benieth the interest of Orzhova, might not otherwise take off. He never leaves home without the company of a pair of Thrulls, Asterix and Obelisk, both created from the bodies of Griffins. One small, shriveled, with great wings for its size. It's more like a parrot than anything else. The other is an absolutely massive brute of a Thrull, of closer resemblance to a pint-sized Manticore and capable of smashing through a few walls if need be. Ravnica can be dangerous, after all.

MMMmmmm...ok then, another question.

We continue just as the topic was left off, or do things from the scratch? To be honest the latter would be favorable. DuskBreeze passed away and Valence is gone for two weeks already. Not to mention that RP begun to walk into two different directions as well - with one group (Team Nature?) in pub and other (Team Passion?) running around.

Not so much from scratch. There will be a minor skip in time, maybe a day or a week or so. Nothing serious. Everything will be built off of what previously transpired, though. I am a huge fan of continuity. With an expanded neighborhood, I'm okay with more things happening. Storylines can intersect! It will be fun! I'm trying to make a new post!

• 2 weeks later...