The Pokemon Center (Trading and Battles!)

Guess you're right, but I still don't find myself enjoying flat rule. I work hard to train those Pokemon to high levels just to have them play at a lower one. But if people insist on using it, I guess I have no choice.

I dislike the idea of a trainer winning just because his/her pokemon are a higher level. In pvp, how you train your mons should be more important, not how much xp they have. Also I find grinding xp to be incredible tedious. I don't want to have to make sure my entire team is all at the same arbitrary level as yours just so that we can have a fair fight. This is why I leveled my pokemon in ruby version using the daycare/ramp exploit.

Training them high isn't a bad thing though. You still get stat xp, and you get the higher level-up moves.

I dislike the idea of a trainer winning just because his/her pokemon are a higher level. In pvp, how you train your mons should be more important, not how much xp they have. Also I find grinding xp to be incredible tedious. I don't want to have to make sure my entire team is all at the same arbitrary level as yours just so that we can have a fair fight. This is why I leveled my pokemon in ruby version using the daycare/ramp exploit.

Training them high isn't a bad thing though. You still get stat xp, and you get the higher level-up moves.

I'm not forcing people to match their levels with me. It's just that when I grind levels for the next Gym Leader or the first time at Elite 4, they end up stronger, and I can't really battle a lot of people.

(For the whole Gardevoir thing with Hinata, I'm getting the impression that Hinata wants to make Gardevoir a part of his main team. It's only natural that you want your main team to be somewhat stronger than most of the Pokemon in your PC.)

Besides, I love my Charizard because of how long it's been with me, and how awesome it is. Not the amount of EXP. Same with all my other team. It just so happens to be at a high level.

Also, I never said I wouldn't use flat rule. I only dislike having to use it. If you want to use it, I'll be fine with using it.

I understood that. I just wanted to explain why I prefer that rule.

Just to further expand on this is that I prefer flat rule because it depends more on player skill (choosing the best move/pokemon/held item for the situation, prediction of opponent's moves) than level. EV's are unaffected by flat battle(I'm pretty sure), which is fair because they are pretty much what define your Pokemon (glass cannon, wall, tank, nubcake etc.). And there are always crit hax which you can't do anything about because it's part of the game.

Well, I just got a level 100 shiny Umbreon through the GTS Neogitations as well as a level 100 Scizor. I still want to get a Suicune and Entei but people are being so darn picky about what they want, either level 100 legendaries, shiny, hacked or a combination of the three.

Well, I just got a level 100 shiny Umbreon through the GTS Neogitations as well as a level 100 Scizor. I still want to get a Suicune and Entei but people are being so darn picky about what they want, either level 100 legendaries, shiny, hacked or a combination of the three.

*shakes violently*

WHERE ARE MY STARTERS, MAN?!

:lol:

Ugh. I hate people in the GTS. Well, the ones who want a LEVEL 1 ARCEUS/KYUREM FOR THEIR LVL 26 MARILL. I mean, I know Nintendo has event Pokemon that fit the description, and some people really need to fill their Pokedex, but seriously, it's not gonna happen. There's a 1 in 100,000 chance that's gonna happen. I always try and make the Pokemon I want a reasonable and equal trade with the one I'm giving away, which is why I always come through on a GTS trade.

Then there's the people who trick people into giving them rare Pokemon for a Pokemon the other person DIDN'T EVEN WANT. What they do is nickname their Gyarados (Example) Darkrai (Example), and the. The Gyrados is listed as a Darkrai in the database. Then when someone finally finds a Darkrai, and trades, right after the trade, they realize they've been cheated out of their Pokemon. I know they can always check the picture to see if it's the Pokemon or not, but it can happen.

*rant end*

Oh and a reminder to everyone in America that tomorrow, Monday the 27th at all GameStops through October 6 get your Keldeo promotion Pokemon. Everyone in Canada with the same dates but at all EB Games. All European and Austrailian gamers, here is a link to when and where to get Keldeo: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_PAL_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_2012

Oh and a reminder to everyone in America that tomorrow, Monday the 27th at all GameStops through October 6 get your Keldeo promotion Pokemon. Everyone in Canada with the same dates but at all EB Games. All European and Austrailian gamers, here is a link to when and where to get Keldeo: http://bulbapedia.bu...Pokémon_in_2012

superw00tplz.jpg?1 So getting that little colt pokemon!

Opponent switches out, send in tyranitar, Get's Sand stream going, Cloyster shell smashes, Choice Scarf terakion comes out, he uses close combat. Cloyster has 1 hp left thanks to focus sash, sandstorm kills my most powerful sweeper...... he then proceeds to slay Sceptile and Hydreigon. I send bronzong out, Terakion misses, i kill it with psychic, he sends back out tyranitar, he nearly kills me with cruch, I ohko with focus blast.... Scariest moment of my life :o

Opponent switches out, send in tyranitar, Get's Sand stream going, Cloyster shell smashes, Choice Scarf terakion comes out, he uses close combat. Cloyster has 1 hp left thanks to focus sash, sandstorm kills my most powerful sweeper...... he then proceeds to slay Sceptile and Hydreigon. I send bronzong out, Terakion misses, i kill it with psychic, he sends back out tyranitar, he nearly kills me with cruch, I ohko with focus blast.... Scariest moment of my life :-o

mother-of-god.jpg

That would've given me a heart attack. XD

I've had way too many close calls like that when battling my sister, since she manages to always get the lucky hits and stronger pokemon. Every time I battle her, I want to just crawl into a hole.