The Coltaran Chronicles: Chapter 1, Dark Moon Rising [Equestria] (OPEN)

Valencetiger

Luna levitated the letter over to her sister. She shuffled uneasily from side to side at Celestia's question.

"The evidence Shining Armor presented to me...Makes it almost a certainty." She said solemnly. "What actions are we to take?"

GearShift stood next to Daring with an expression of utter confusion on her face.

"What do you think they're talking about that's so urgent?" She whispered to Daring.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celestia read the letter, blinking and reading it again, before closing her eyes and turning away sadly. So...it has come to this, then. It pained her to think that the subjects she cared for so much were flocking to these criminals! It was time to take action against them, but how? Who will do it? She couldn't have Twilight Sparkle and her friends take this on...they were simply too young, and would be unable to handle the things they might see. Turning to her sister with a determined gaze, she opened her mouth and spoke.

"It is time we acted, Sister. Equestria is in trouble...perhaps the greatest trouble we have ever seen. These Forerunners threaten not only our way of life, but our existence as well! We must gather a small, elite group of ponies to handle them, to take care of these invaders from Coltara. I already have a few in mind who will be excellent for the task...but can you think of any others?"

"Hold out... endure. I guess..." Daring wanted to mull over Shining's words some more, but before she could Princess Celestia finally revealed herself to them. She bowed low in deference to the Princess, her famous yet somehow unassuming hat nearly coming off in the process. She nodded in acceptance of the Princesses apology, but said nothing. No need to inturrupt the important ponies in the room, she thought. She stepped back to give the Princesses and their servitor some room, nearly bumping into Gearshift in the process. She whispered her apology.

"Well..." Though Daring was still disturbed and chilled to the bone by the idea of what the royals were discussing, she whispered all the pertinent information Shining had given her. Since Gearshift seemed to have been accompanying Princess Luna, Daring assumed her fellow mare could safely be brought into the loop. "I don't really know the specifics, but this whole 'Forerunner' business sounds awful..."

Luna contemplated the question for a while. Celestia was right, though the elements would be useful, Twilight and her friends especially Fluttershy probably just wouldn't be able to handle the things to come. The last thing Luna wanted to do was break six young mares. They needed ponies, the likes of which none had seen, ponies who would be able to handle stress and stay calm in the face of dangers far above and beyond anything Equestria has ever seen. They'd have to ask much of these ponies, ask them to sacrifice more than they may be able to repay. With heavy breaths and a determined gaze she turned to Celestia with her answer.

"Well, I do believe we have two perfectly good candidates here with us. Miss Do's problem solving and survival skills are of the highest calibur, I've also heard her lectures in flight theory. She would be invaluable to our effort." She chanced a glance at Daring. "I can tell she want's to get back out there Sister." She looked back at Celestia. "And Gear Shift, I've met nopony with a sharper analytic mind and engineering skill. Gear Shift's ability to breakdown and understand almost anything will be a great help. Not to mention her skill in magic is phenomenal." She stopped talking for a moment, but then she remembered something. "Oh, I have also heard of an extraordinary metalworker in Ponyville, could their skills be useful?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Forerunners? You mean that alleged cult or whatever that has been, causing all these recent problems?" Gear Shift asked in a hushed tone. "I assume it is quite bad-why are the princesses looking at us?"

Celestia nodded at her sister's suggestions, she turned around and picked up one of the books she had grabbed, and handed it over to Luna. It appeared ancient, bound in leather and written with degraded ink. Despite its age, it still could be easily read, and was in rather good condition. It appeared that Luna had drawn the same conclusion as she did, and the names she had spoken were good. However...what about Daring Do? Would she accept, despite her wings? Normally, she would have Shining Armor a part of this special group too, but he was far too important taking care of Canterlot in order to be immersed in something like this.

"That book you have there was made when we were foals...read it later, it might answer some of the questions you have about this. You and I...we never knew where we came from, nor our mother. Well...that book answers it. I found it in an ancient library over the past thousand years...in our first home. I hope you read it carefully, Luna, and be ready for anything it might tell you."

What the buck! Why must I travel nearly one-hundred miles, to deliver a sword that could be easily delivered by mail-pony! Sure I would have turned down this ridiculous offer, but he was the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard for Luna’s sake. To say that I, Mjolna, forged the very own captain’s sword, will make my business soar! I must take that deal, even if it meant slouching on an airship for hours on end.

Mjolna suddenly stopped, she has made it to the Palace Doors. Her previous anger faded away with astonishment. The doors were amazingly large, and was decorated with beautiful solar heraldry. Perhaps coming here wasn't that bad at all. The doors was guarded with two armored unicorns, each wielding a long spear. They were standing oddly still. Mjolna continued anyways.

I wonder what the inside would-

“Halt!” One of the guards bellowed.

They instantly crossed their spears, sharp steel dangling inches away from her face. Mjolna backed away in pure shock.

“State your business here” The other ordered.

Dumbfounded, she responded. “Um, uh... I’m here to deliver sword, for Shining Armor” She unsheathed the blade to show them.

Big mistake.

The guards instantly positioned their spears, so they were pointing directly at her face. They began to close in around her, snarling.

“Drop the weapon miss!”

Mjolna immediately backed away, and dropped the sword in sheer terror. Not knowing what to do, she reached into her saddlebag, then pulled out the personal note from Shining Armor himself, and carefully handed it to the guard on the left. After a long pause, the guards gave back the note, then repositioned themselves to their previous state.

“We apologize, you may enter.” The guards opened the huge doors to the Royal Castle.

Mjolna carefully retrieved the sword from the ground and continued into the castle. She found herself in a long hallway, with alluring tapestries, and dazzling tile design. And better yet, her customer, Shining Armor, was consulting a few other guards at the end of the hallway. Mjolna unsheathed her sword once more, holding it with her teeth, and trotted up towards the group.

“I say we run a full census on the population, and we book anypony who comes up as a Forerunner!”

“No, i'm afraid that won’t do... i’m afraid a Census would take too long, and- er excuse me for a second, please” Shining Armor stopped to acknowledge Mjolna. “Ah, I presume that you are the one with my Sword, yes?”

“Uh, um... yes!” Mjolna replied nervously. This was the captain of the Royal Guard that she was talking to.

“You made quite the entrance, I see.” He chuckled.

Sigh.

Shining Armor levitated the blade towards him, and examined it intently.

“Magnificent!”

“Yeah, I did forging, my friend did engraving” Mjolna clarified.

“I simply cannot thank you enough for this, this is amazing!” Shining further complemented.

“Thank you.” Mjolna replied, trying not to blush. She instantly remembered what she wanted to ask him. “Why did you want me to deliver sword personally, when could be shipped instead?”

“Ah, I figured you’d ask that!” He pointed to another set of even larger double doors. “The Princess wishes to speak with you.”

Princess Celestia? Wishes to speak? With me? What would the great Princess want with a lowly blacksmith?

“I am very sorry that I didn’t inform you about this before” Shining apologized, but Mjolna didn't hear him, she was already trotting off to the second set of doors. When she finally arrived, Mjolna slowly opened the door to the library.

“Ah, Mjolna is it? I've been expecting you!”

Chapeau smiled to himself as the large double doors of the royal palace slid ominously shut behind the tan coated mare. From his vantage point on the second floor of a high end grocer's across the plaza, directly opposite the gates, he was able to see everything that went on outside the main gates of the palace, and the mare's entry had been quite intriguing, and may have just given him the idea he needed. He quietly slithered backward through the crawlspace hidden in a closet, closing the tiny window disguised as a knothole in the wood when seen from outside as he went. It was a very awkward place to get in and out of, but the secrecy and concealment of it was worth the hastle.

When he finally extricated himself from the miniscule enclosure he closed the camoflauged trap door in the back of the closet and opened the regular door. Outside it was a small room with one door and one window. Rugs lay all over the floor, while couches and small tables dotted the floorspace with no real rhyme or reason. A pair of stallions sat on either side of one table in the corner playing a some pub game Chapeau could never remember the name of, while a mare just beginning to show signs of her more advanced age lounged on a sofa. They all turned to look expectantly as Chapeau straightened his suit and trademark hat. He met each of their eyes in turn before speaking, then simply said, "No guard activity. Nothing to report. You're on watch now Glide."

The mare, a pegasus like himself, grunted and rolled off the couch, grunting again as a few joints popped. She passed Chapeau on her way to the lookout nook while he walked toward a table bearing his saddlebags on it. The door to the closet opened and shut as he rested the chic yet sparsely occupied bags on his back. He had a plan now, but it required one last sweep of the palace interior defenses to perfect. He listened quietly to the conversation the other two thieves were having as he stretched his various limbs, waking them up after five hours in the nook. "I've said it before and I'll say it again Carb. This city ain't what it used to be." The big, rust colored stallion on the right of the table said, shaking his head sadly.

"I take it you heard about the beatings then?" A younger unicorn stallion with a yellow coat replied in a naturally quiet voice, staring at the game.

"It's not right, I tell's ya! A mare should be able to walk home in confidence in this city, not fearing for her life!"

"Maybe fearing for her bits," The unicorn added with a smile, "But you're right. It's getting out of hoof."

"Curse those religious freaks! Snatching ponies in the night and leaving them half alive without even the decency to steal from 'em; it's like somethin' out of a ghost story," The big earth pony grumbled.

"So you think they really are a cult?" The unicorn asked curiously, "Or did you really mean it about the, uh, g-ghosts?"

The big pony snorted powerfully, sounding like bad plumbing acting up, "I don't know what's what in this city anymore. All I know is it ain't right!"

"And we're all sure your irritation has nothing to do with the increased guard patrols, Mr. Brick House," Chapeau mentioned poignantly, walking toward the door.

"Well that goes without saying," The big stallion said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Hmm, I suppose so." Chapeau paused at the door and glanced back at the small unicorn, "Are you planning on staying late, Mr. Carbon Copy?"

The unicorn raised his eyes from the pub game and looked at Chapeau with a slight expression of perplexity, "I believe so. Why?"

"I may need your help writing a particular sort of letter my friend," The pegasus said cryptically.

Carbon Copy grinned in understanding, "I'll be here until three in the morning Stunning. Might this have anything to do with your, quote-unquote, master plan, by any chance?"

The master thief just smiled, tipped his hat at the pair, and walked out the door.

Luna took the book in her magic and held it in front of her. She started at it like it might explode in her face, this book it held the answers she's searched for since before her banishment. Everything she ever wanted to know was right there in her face. Too much has happened today. The moon princess' knees wobbled slightly.

"Celestia-" She swallowed hard as she tucked the book under her wing. "I will read it at every chance I get." She pawed at the ground for a moment. "Sister, T-thank you."

Luna leaned into her sister for an affectionate nuzzle, and whispered into her ear. "So, when do we talk to those two about all of this?"

Celestia smiled and nuzzled her younger sister in return. She knew this was a big deal for Luna...it was a big deal for her, too, when she was younger. Upon hearing her last question, she looked at the two ponies in front of them, and then Mjolna in the hallway.

"I will address them now..."

Stepping away from Luna, she cleared her throat and opened her mouth to begin.

"Everypony...we have gathered you here for something of great importance. Equestria is in danger...perhaps the greatest danger it will ever know. Currently, a rebellious, cultist group known as the Forerunners have arrived in Equestria from a land far beyond...one simply known as Coltara. They are the ones behind all the recent crimes that have lit up across our country. Now, you may be wondering, 'What does this have to do with us...?'. Well, me and my sister have come to decide that you three are the best choice...we need you to infiltrate these Forerunners...find out what they are up to, where they are stationed, and what we can do to stop it. Please...I know this is a big responsibility, but I know that each one of you can do it!"

Celestia watched them in silence, silently begging on the inside that each would accept the responsibility. There were a few others...but these ponies were the ideal. If none of them accept...it would be truly disastrous! She prayed to her mother that they would see the necessity of this.

GearShift stood there and listened to Celestia basically plead to her and the others for their help. Cults,far off lands, infiltrate? GearShift had been cooped up for far to long, this was exactly what the mare needed, a need adventure. She longed to get out there in the danger again and learn things that no unicorn before her had learned and go where no Equestrian had gone before.

"Ok." She said simply. "If my home is in danger and I can help, then i'll do everything I can."

Daring turned her eyes way from the Princesses as Celestia gave the tome to Luna. It felt like she was intruding on a private moment, somehow... At least she had another ear in the room. "I don't know the specifics, as I sa- wait, they're looking at us?" Daring turned back to the royal sisters and nodded her head in deference to their will. But as Celestia addressed them...

Infiltrate? Daring was shocked and horrified by the concept of these Forerunners, and she would have been more than willing to do her part... But could she do this? What with everything she had been through? Sure, she had been a great adventurer once, but that was so long ago. Her name wasn't befitting of her place in life now. She couldn't say yes. She had to decline, even if she disappointed her Princess. Daring would be more of a disappointment in a body bag. She simply couldn't...

"I'm with this mare here. I'll serve." Daring looked towards Gear Shift, with a determined expression on her face. Inside, Daring was stunned. Where the hay had that come from? Somehow, some part of her had cut through all of her worry and self loathing and just said something. It almost reminded her of how she had used to be, bold and assertive... Daring couldn't really process what had just happened, so she deigned to let herself mull over the consequences of her actions later. A quick look at the Princess told her that there was another pony in their group, however... Daring turned back towards Mjolna and absently waved a hoof.

Celestia gave an appreciative smile to the two mares, hoping that they would accept the duty. Looking at Mjolna, she noticed that the pony didn't have Shining Armor's sword in her possession. Did she already deliver it? Oh, of course she did...otherwise she wouldn't have came here right away.

"...and you, Mjolna? Will you help us?"

(OOC: I have not been that creative with my responses lately... :lol: ...I don't know why.)

Luna beamed with pride when she heard GearShift wholeheartedly accept the duty they had bestowed up her. She knew the mare to be the adventurous type, but to willingly accept what maybe the fate of all of Equestria on her back to conviction she didn't know her friend had.

"Ah, I see you have already requested to see the metal worker from Ponyville I mentioned," See said as she looked at her sister. "A step ahead, as always."

----------------------------

GearShift's legs locked in place and she stood strong, not from conviction, but rather from utter surprise i herself. She said what she meant and meant what, but really it just started to sink in that she would probably probably be doing more dumb things then ever.

"Mjo-what" she said as she turned around surprised that somepony can in with out her notice.

Chapeau adjusted the fake glasses balanced on his muzzle and glanced briefly at his flanks. Grey dye and a mirror had covered up his mark nicely and replaced it with a pile of rolled up scrolls. Contacts had changed his eye color to bright blue, while more dye had changed his mane and tail to bright blue as well. With a vest and a jaunty reporter's cap complete with quill and pad in his saddlebags Chapeau Stunning had vanished and Rapid Fire the reporter was once more on the scene, continuing his ongoing documentation on Equestria's most beloved guardspony, Shining Armor. His notepad was filled with notes on all sorts of information he'd gotten from interviewing guards and commoners, and today he'd be collecting his crown jewel, metaphorically of course (<.<'); a written statement from the stallion himself.

Standing beside a stall on the far left of the plaza before the palace gates Chapeau smiled wryly to himself. Actually, he could probably make quite a few bits selling his "story" to one of the local newspapers when this heist was over. He'd become quite good at the whole reporter persona, if he did say so himself, which he did. Ah, but first things first, as they say.

Taking a deep breath to focus he trotted out into the plaza, straight for the guards in front of the gates. He stopped in front of the pair and gave them a confident smile, the sort of cheesy smile one would expect from a reporter, "Hey boys! Name's Rapid Fire and I'm doin' a story on your captain for the newspaper. I've got a few notes an' testimonies from yer buddies here an' I was hopin' I could get in and talk to Mr. Armor. I've got a note from the Canterlot News here in my bag if that'll help." He did his best Manehatten dialect impression, even throwing in a spit to the side at the end for effect. It might have seemed stupid to just come out and say his intentions, but straightforward and curt seemed to be the best way to deal with guards in his experience, and besides, he was a journalist. It was his job to talk to the elite and powerful.

He'd interviewed several of the royal guard and just hoped one of these two had been one of them. In those uniforms they were like clones to him.

Mjolna took a moment to soak all of this in. This was huge! She was finally going on the adventure she had longed for, in her entire dull, dreary life. Mjolna didn’t care that she might get hurt on this quest, or die. She did not fear any of those fates. All Mjolna longed for, was to embark on an adventure. To feel the spirit of freedom outside the barriers of her quaint, boring home back in Ponyville.

“Yes.”

Her answer was followed by a delightful gleam from the Princess. She had never been sure of anything in her entire life. But only one question remained. “I need sword- or weapon, to help, no?”

“Don’t worry, I have that all under control, my dear.” Princess Celestia’s horn started to glow a yellowish-green. “I think you might recognize this” She levitated a large, heavy object to Mjolna’s view.

Mjolna’s hammer.

Although not too obvious, her facial expressions showed signs of strain. “I believe y-you left t-this... at your... old home, back in the... north!” She dropped the heavy item with a resonant thud.

“I’m very sorry, this weapon is certainly not meant for me” She said while slightly panting.

Mjolna was shocked once more, what was the Princess doing with her favorite crafting hammer? And more importantly, why is the Princess having so much trouble handling it?

“Before you ask, this tool of your’s is also your Aishiandarithe Princess explained.

“Asian-wha?”

Celestia gave a nod, her horn glowing as another ancient tome flew over to her, landing on the table with a thud and opening up. It was written in a strange, foreign language, but the Princess had no trouble deciphering it.

"...your hammer there is an Aishanidari...a powerful tool of an ancient world. Aishanidari are weapons that become bonded to their wielder's spirit, becoming one with them in body and soul. Once picked up for the first time, they mold themselves into their user's favored, or spiritual, weapon. Technically, there aren't supposed to be any of these in Equestria. The fact that you have one is...slightly unnerving. Also, the symbols inscribed on it are known as Runes...three of them, 'Thunder, 'Sky', and 'Rain'. This hammer of yours is a special case...normally Aishanidari aren't inscribed with runes until their master has earned the Raven Seal in the metal. Tell me, Mjolna...what do you know of a place called Coltara?"

Her bright blue eyes lifted from the book and scanned Mjolna's expression, waiting for her response.

"Nothing, your Majesty. I know nothing"

Mjolna let out a long sighed of disappointment. She felt clueless. This information was overwhelming, and she simply felt lost. Perhaps this blacksmith wasn't cut out for this adventure after all. Looking for something to avert this thought, she gestured to pick up her hammer. With an approving nod from the princess, she tightened her forehoof around the hilt and lifted the object upwards. Mjolna was shocked, the hammer was light as a feather, almost weightless!

"This weapon, is very light!" She exclaimed out loud. Mjolna began to toss it around with her forehoof.

"Yes, as I said before, this weapon was designed fo- oh no, don't do that!"

Too late. She eventually lost her handle on the heavy object, and it fell to the ground once more, but with a tumultuous crash. Mjolna dreadfully looked at the damage. Cracks on the once-beautiful tile webbed from the grounded hammer. Mjolna looked back up at her Princess in embarrassment.

"So, um, what was question about Coltara again?"

"Aishanidari..." Daring spoke slowly, trying to wrap her tounge around the alien word. She had never heard of such a thing during her time as an adventurer. It seemed awesome, indeed, Daring almost managed to start flying reflexively when it broke the ground. "Is that an Equestrian artifact, Princess?"

GearShift drank in all the information celestia was giving Mjolna was given, she shifted it around in her mind and analyzed what she could of it.

"I think the Princess was going to tell you that the Aishanidari is light to you because you two have bonded." she Said to Mjolna. "It's quite the fascinating artifact, you simply must let me study it one day."

GearShift was standing over the small crater the dropped hammer made in the floor. She scanned the weapon with diagnostics spells, analyzed its properties, tested its weight with her telekinesis, and examined the runes (remembering what Celestia said they meant) after her short and spur of the moment research she presented her thoughts in the most composed manner she could.

She cleared her throat and turned to the metal worker. "Pardon my language but, WHAT THE HAY IS THAT THING MADE OF! The metal is impossibly dense, yet perfectly malleable and the entire thing radiates dang near as much residual magic aura the princesses. Where did you get this?" She huffed as her rant came to an end. The mare's mane had gotten a little frizzled because of how worked up she was.

Celestia winced as the Aishanidari warhammer fell to the ground, breaking the expensive tile beneath it, shattering the closest tiles to dust. Oh, that's going to take time to fix, even with magic...but regardless, other matters were more important than some measly flooring. With a sigh, she began again.

"...my question was whether you had ever heard of Coltara. It wouldn't surprise me if you hadn't, but the very fact that you had an Aishanidari in your possession is quite perplexing." Turning to address Daring Do, she shook her head.

"No, and a good thing they are not Equestrian artifacts. They were supposed to be only in Coltara, but now that we know some are in Equestria...it could be quite the issue. Any pony can use an non-bonded Aishanidari, which possess amazing abilities many ponies won't see in many lifetimes." Now, to address GearShift's questions. Sheesh, getting asked so many questions from so many ponies was rather bothersome.

"It is the very metal itself that gives them their special properties...it isn't located here in Equestria, as far as I know. My books simply name it "Iron of Astral", but why...? That is my question. To be honest, I know very little of such matters, despite all the books that the caretakers of my sister and I left behind. In fact...you could say that Luna and I are not natives to Equestria...nor are many of you." She searched the three mares' expressions, wondering how such news would affect them.

The two guards at the entrance exchanged glances with one another, then lifted their spears to allow entry. So, this was the pony Captain Armor was talking about...interesting.

"Captain Armor is waiting for you, please go inside." The guard on the right answered, gesturing inside. The two guards shared glances once more, and nodded to each other. Today was going to be an interesting day, indeed.

Luna prodded her sister in the side, a look of slight concern across the alicorns face. "Um, are you sure that it's wise to impart so much on them so quickly?"

----------------------------------------------------------

GearShift stared at Celestia like the sun princess was the most amazing thing in the universe. The metal was naturally magic, the princesses and many ponies weren't natives of Equestria? Oh ho ho, this was definitely going to be the experience of the lifetime. So much to learn, so much to experience, question never answered can now be brought to the light.

"This will be quite the research project." GearShift said with a sly smirk.

Chapeau (A.K.A. Rapid Fire) tipped his hat at the guards and grinned, "Thanks boys. I'll see you on my way out then. Seeya." Trotting away confidently, Chapeau entered the palace and admired the grand hallway as he made his way through arches and doorways. The facade he showed on the outside was one of belonging and confidence, while on the inside he was keenly aware that every step he made could be his last if he let himself lapse for even a second. These weren't regular ponies that would chalk odd behaviour up to chance. These were the uppermost elite of Equestria's military, and it took an equally elite thief to outsmart them.

He roamed about for a few minutes, occasionally stopping to ask a servant or dignitary if they'd seen the captain of the guard about. It was strange actually. He'd done this enouh times that he knew where he would most likely find Shining while he was working on an investigation, that part wasn't strange at all for an attentive pony like him. What he found odd, and even, dare he say, frightening, was that he'd memorized the layout of the palace in only a few days. Even places he'd never been in, like the kitchens or the dungeon; he had the vague, uneasy feeling he could guess where each turn and door and support pillar was. This had happened to him before, this unprecidented knowledge of a structure's layout, but only in the oldest parts of the city, and it wasn't like he was memorizing things either. It was more like... remembering.

That train of thought would have to wait in the metaphorical station for now though. Following a trail of vague directions, Chapeau eventually came to a chamber not far from the princess' rooms, a logical location for their top guard. Taking a deep breath Chapeau knocked on the door politely, calling out to be heard through its thick surface. "Hellooooo! Shining Armor!? You in there?"

Celestia blinked, realizing what she had just said. Oh goodness...this was getting out of hand. She had little sleep the past few days, and the stress over the Forerunners was killing her! Giving an apologetic smile, she laughed nervously.

"Y-you're right, sister. I'm sorry, everypony...the last couple of days have been quite eventful, as you may imagine. If what I just told you doesn't make sense, I'm sorry for that. As of right now, I think it would be best if we all took a break from this...agreed? Once we've all taken a rest, I'll be glad to tell you everything you need to know. I already have chambers prepared for you two, Mjolna and Daring Do. So, please go and get settled, and perhaps we can speak a little more over dinner."

The alicorn, having dismissed them, turned around and began sorting through the books once more, searching for certain titles and specific covers, many of which looked like they could be thousands of years old.

The door swung open quietly, and standing at the door was not Shining Armor, but actually Princess Cadence. The unicorn's eyes scanned the reporter up and down, and she gave a questioning look.

"...Are you Rapid Fire...? Oh, of course you are! I recognize you now, how silly of me. Please, come in and make yourself comfortable." She opened the door fully, stepping back and letting the reporter enter. The chamber was actually a group of them, well decorated and intricate, apparently more of a home for a royal than a guard captain...but Shining Armor was both now, so it suited him. "I'm afraid my husband isn't here right now...but he will arrive in a short while. Please sit down, I'll go make us something to drink." Closing the door behind Chapeau, she trotted over to a wall lined with several different kinds of ciders from across Equestria, picking a classic apple cider before bringing it over to the table where they would be sitting.