Drawings and sketches and dreams, oh my! (PM for entry)

Hurricane

(Continued from: )

Neame regarded the tree with a smirk upon her face. She was not entirely away, but she had been hopping all the way from the coffee shop to the large, tree-based building that might hopefully contain the answer to the questions that had plagued her for years. She had been humming a happy tune, and even flapping her wings, which jangled and clanged as her golden bangles crackled against one another. Halting in front of the tree, she looked up with a grin.

"OK! Inside this... tree... library... thing, is a pony, who'll have the answers! I just know she will!" she said with another flourish, pushing the door open and sweeping herself inside. The inside of the tree smelt musty, with the same scent of paper and ink that existed wherever there existed a significant number of books in a relatively confined space. There was also the faint whiff of dragon in the air, which made her feathers bristle. She tensed her claws, looking around for anypony that might be there.

"Hello? Is there anyone here? My name is Neame Witherclaw, but you might know me as Neferset. I'm an artist from Canterlot. Miss Dash has brought me to you in hopes that you might be able to help me and my companions, Muffin and Cutlass, with a problem that has hounded me for years," she called out, her voice not exactly a shout, more a loud talk. She knew how to grab attention in places such as these, the galleries that Picture Frame owned were often hushed, muted places, full of whispers that could carry louder than some shouts. She shuddered a little at the memory of the artistic pony.

Cutlass didn't know whether or not to follow Neame. Of course this was the pony's house they'd came to see, and Rainbow Dash had let her know of their arrival, but Cutlass was a bit uneasy about running in without knocking first. It was a bit funny to her suddenly; a thief refusing to break and enter with clearance to do so.

But it was part of their quest, and she had assured her that she and Muffin would be around for her, so she let Neame enter first before flanking her side, Muffin at the other.

The place smelled. Of dragon.

Cutlass' body tensed up, and her mouth twitched, wanting to pull the blade hanging on her side out. Just in case.

Which is what she kept telling herself.

From the moment that the library came into view, Muffin Top regarded it with a level of curiosity. He'd heard that some ponies used trees as houses, but he had never seen one before, nor did he imagine that they could be so big. Even as the earth pony walked through the doorway, he still regarded the place with some amount of wonder, as this was also the first time that he had ever been inside of a library. "So this is a library, huh? Golly, I ain't never seen so many books before!" Muffin said, having grown up in a house with only a handful of old books. With seemingly nopony in the immediate area of that part of the library, Muffin went ahead of the others, his eyes scanning the very well-organized shelves and the books within them, some of them having titles that he found difficult to pronounce, given his rather unsubstantial level of literacy. "Think we might find somethin 'bout Neferset in these here books?" Muffin said to Neame, before looking around the library again then turning to Rainbow Dash. "Say…How's a whole dragon fit in here, anyways?" he said, having neglected to mention earlier that he had heard rumors of Celestia's student keeping a dragon in her library.

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash followed along after the other three, floating through the air and sipping at her coffee. She blinked as the lot of them just rushed on into the library ahead of her. Geeze, pushy lot, weren't they? Why'd they even need her help?

Ah well, she shrugged, and floated on in through the door after them, sipping at her coffee some more. She was gonna wake up soon, she knew it. "Heeeey, Twiiiiilight! These buncha eggheads wanna talk egghead talk!" she called out, with no respect for the peace and quiet a library was supposed to have. She hoped Twilight was home! She settled down at Twilight's desk, setting the coffee mug down on a convenient stack of papers, and let out a wide, jaw-cracking yawn.

"What?" she asked of Muffin, her attention drawn in. "Who, Spike? How'd you hear of him? Heh. Oh, trust me, it's not a problem. He's a creampuff. Makes awesome cookies, though."

• 1 month later...

Geez, all this noise was making it hard for a sleeping baby dragon to get his rest - which was exactly what Spike muttered to himself mentally as he cracked open one eye, temporarily burying his head under the cover of his blanket to try and ignore the noises, dismissed as hopeful apparitions. He was on his own for couple of hours thos morning, and all he'd wanted to do was just lay in his nice, cosy bed and relax...but apparently, it appeared as though fate had other plans for the young draconic one, as the curious calling from the library continued, as did his grumbling as he came to realise that nothing he was doing would work to make this reality any less real.

" [colour=#008080]All right, All right, I'm coming... [/colour]" the dragon mutters under his breath - one rather frustrated steamy puff of annoyance later, Spike crawled out of bed and trudged his way down the stairs. He wasn't much of a morning dragon sometimes, and this was one of those rare times that he wasn't necessarily his chipper self - although that was mostly because he'd not had much sleep, having had to help Twilight do some late night book arranging, and only finally managing to get to sleep some...well, three hours before right now. " [colour=#008080]If you're lookin' for Twilight, she's not really here just now...think she's gone to tend to something over at Applejacks or somethin' - but if there's anything I can help you with...[/colour] " this line delivered with a slow momentary pause, as Spike gave a soft exhale after realising he was probably not sleeping anytime soon.

" [colour=#008080]I'll do what I can for ya - but, uh...try not to mess around the reference section too much, we just rearranged that last night, y'know[/colour]? "

Mentally, he had just realised he was addressing a Griffon - right now, his tired mind was still just waking up, so his acknowledgement of the several others was rather slow on the uptake..however, he couldn't help but notice after a brief second that Dash and another pony were hanging around Twi's desk, which prompted a quirk of an eyebrow. He had never seen any of these faces before, and the fact that they were hanging with Dash was, to Spike, something of a curious oddity that he suddenly felt the urge to find out a little more about if he could - something about this was just slightly suspicious, and he wanted to find out a l'il more.

"[colour=#008080] Hey Dash, it's a l'il early for you t'be up and around here, isn't it[/colour]? " he says, realising that amongst them WAS indeed the familiar pegasus mare.

he then gestures with a claw at the other three for a moment, scratching the back of his head with the other. "[colour=#008080] And just who ARE these ponies and...uh, the...griffon[/colour]? "