Favorite Art Mediums

JAKJAK291

I'm wondering what materials/mediums people like to use when making their various arts. I really like making pencil drawings and I've recently gotten into needle felting and making all sorts of funny little monsters. So what do you guys use to make art?

The monsters are called Grumblegors, and they are just weird blob shaped monsters with funny eyes and mouths. But be warned about needle felting! The needles are very sharp and are very painful! But I've never really done much with digital art. I try to draw a straight line with my mouse and it ends up looking like a massive squiggle.

Apparently it takes forever to dry...

nope, you can get around that with careful planning and a not too strong (as to disrupt the puddles of color) fan or blow dryer! I've been doing watercolor for 20+ years and have no patience. :)

nope, you can get around that with careful planning and a not too strong (as to disrupt the puddles of color) fan or blow dryer! I've been doing watercolor for 20+ years and have no patience. :)

Actually, I was referring to Mary Doodles using coffee as the medium for her water colors. She says she can't figure out why it takes so much longer to dry than traditional water colors or even water. Normally her time lapses have a total time in the notes (45-90 minutes typical), but her coffee paintings say "a long time...", "over the course of a few days" or, in this case, 65 min of painting, completely ignoring the time she spent waiting for it to dry between layers. I suspect that this is because she just left to do something else and thus didn't ever figure out exactly how long it took.

I went through a phase where I did everything in coffee and tea, and it was mostly studies of cactuses for whatever reason. I don't remember them taking a long time to dry, though.

Also, Flutterscotch, your work is really lovely.