A swing song! sorta! can I get opinions?

Joaftheloaf

well, i do like the song, it's well composed, the singing is very good, and you hit the genre spot on, however i will say you need to watch the lows on your piano. i think if you came up an octave with a quarter low harmony it would sound amazing. also not electronic drums would be nice, but i understand drums are expensive, and definitely a hastle to record. so all in all, i'd say this is a success. side note, steady rhythm guitar throughout the song would've probably given it a fuller sound, instead of just the one part for the solo.

p.s. what mic you use to record your singing?

well, i do like the song, it's well composed, the singing is very good, and you hit the genre spot on, however i will say you need to watch the lows on your piano. i think if you came up an octave with a quarter low harmony it would sound amazing. also not electronic drums would be nice, but i understand drums are expensive, and definitely a hastle to record. so all in all, i'd say this is a success. side note, steady rhythm guitar throughout the song would've probably given it a fuller sound, instead of just the one part for the solo.

p.s. what mic you use to record your singing?

haha thanks for the input, and I use the Shure SM57-LC Dynamic microphone. And I actually did have a rhythm guitar part written for the whole song, but I felt it took away from the piano so I cut it out and just left a solo in there. Again thanks for the input!

Not bad at all. :D

I'm a big swing fan. Love all the old jazz, so, I can appreciate this. The drum sound/beat does not sound entirely swing-like, but the piano and singing sound really nice. Good job. :)