Sewer Crawling Griffons (Valance, PM for invites)

Gerrard

The sun was starting to breach the horizon on a frigid winter morning in Canterlot, attempting to bring some much needed heat to the capitol. The ground was still plastered with a thick layer of snow as it tried to ward away the weather sensitive residents of the famous town. The sleepy town had few active inhabitants who were brave enough to face the elements, one shady looking individual apparently leaving Canterlot castle through one of it's many unguarded sewer entrances. A male griffon with silver head plumeage nonchalantly walked out of the well maintained water movement centers. He proudly carried a coat of darkest black that seemed to extend beyond his neck as it enveloped the remainder of his body. A bright gleam was clearly visible in his ebon talons, the hybrid seeming to carry an object of extreme value that was obtained by methods unknown.

The light crunching of snow filled the air as his dark paws left their distinct mark on the ground, a defiant reminder of his heritage in the pony centric nation of Equestria. His dark beak carried a smug grin as he twirled a large shiny object in his deft talons before slipping it into a nondescript bag that was tightly fastened around his neck. The hybrid lazily scanned the area ahead of him with his keen eagle eyes, apparently not worried at all by any of his dealings.

"When you're good, it just comes naturally. It's like they just want me to take their bits, and I just happily agree to do so. What can I say, I make things work," the dark griffon gloated aloud in almost arrogant manner, his precise motives and interests unknown. The griffon dug his powerful talons into the frigid snow, enjoying the weather as he pondered his next action.

Gladius yawned as he stood outside of Canterlot Castle, enjoying the cold air that had settled on the area around them. He had just received payment from one of his former officers for bringing in a Changeling thief that had been terrorizing local towns. After a few moments, he began to trot off, his dark cloak wrapped around his frame tightly. The early morning sun made the shield on his back glisten brightly, casting cascades of light into the snow around him. He spent several minutes moving around the outskirts of the castle, wondering what he would do next. Perhaps he'd go to a local bar, meet a few delightful mares to spend some time with. However, before he could trot off, something glinted from the corner of his eye, and he looked to see what it was.

He watched in silence as a griffon came out of the sewer, hiding behind one of the trees as he observed the creature. The shine he had seen had come from what the griffon was holding, but he couldn't make out what it was. Narrowing his eyes, he noticed the way it was acting, like a criminal would after pulling off a successful heist. Perhaps that is what this griffon was, and had stolen something from the princess? His precise hearing picked up a few of the griffon's words, and he stiffened upon hearing them.

"...so it is a thief...I'll have to keep an eye on this one." Gladius whispered to himself, his dark red eyes ever locked onto the griffon.

"So, should I go to the bank or back to my local hot spot, hmm" he mused aloud, the slick griffon flapping his heavy wings as if he were about to take flight. He quickly decided against it, the griffon probably wanting to avoid making a spectacle out of himself as he casually walked away from wooded exit of the sewer. The griffon quickly made his way through the small park, weaving through shrubbery and trees before slipping into the streets of the city, the athletic griffon hopping over a small wall clearly labeled keep out as he seemed to make an escape.

A few of the ponies who were braving the weather gasped lightly as they spotted the large black predator hop into their street. He smirked and waved a talon at one of the ponies, scaring them off as he continued on at a leisurely pace, the winged character heading off towards the center of town.