Champagne Spirits (Final)

Valencetiger

Role-play Type: World of Equestria (Mane RP)

Name: Champagne Spirits

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Purple

Coat Color: Light Peach

Mane and Tail: Red-orange with light yellow streaks.

Accessories: Often wears bright red boots with small ruby inlets, as well as a pair of silver anklets given to her by her parents when she was born, which magically grow to match the size of their wearer.

Physique: Skinny and sleek

Cutie Mark: Two wine glasses clinking together, her cutie mark appeared after she had served her first customer at her uncle's bar in Manehatten.

Origin/Residence: Born in Manehatten, now lives in Canterlot.

Motivation: Champagne hopes to one day own a franchise of bars and clubs for ponies to enjoy across Equestria, and to hopefully serve as a hostess at one of Canterlot's many balls.

Likes: Meeting new ponies, satisfying her customers, cute animals, fancy events, fashion and dancing.

Dislikes: Party-crashers, critics, nasty monsters, boring activities and dark places.

Character Summary:

History: Born into a high-class family inupper Manehatten, Champagne was her parent's only foal, and thus lived coddled and selfish life. Due to the riches her parents possessed, Champagne basically got everything she wanted...a spoiled foal indeed. Growing up, she had never heard the word "no" except when it came to things that her parents simply couldn't do. Despite getting everything she wanted and more, Champagne always felt like a part of herself was missing...something that she simply couldn't figure out. Being an only foal, her parents were extremely protective over her, often keeping her away from other ponies unless a situation called for her presence, such as parties and social banquets. It was during those such events that Champagne was her happiest, getting to speak with and learn about other ponies, and making new friends. By the time she was a filly, she was a popular pony during the parties she and her parents hosted, and had accrued several acquaintances among Equestria's corporate powerhouses, as well as becoming friends with many fashion models and athletes. However, even with all the ponies she had met during those parties...she was still not satisfied. Sure, they were all great ponies, but they were just one half (or not even that) of the other Equestrians out there.

Knowing what she must do, she asked her parents if she could leave the mansion and start out somewhere on her own, somewhere away from their control. At first they were adamant about letting her go off on her own, but eventually allowed her to do as she wanted...as long as she spent some time with her uncle, Cider Spirits. Agreeing to the terms, she left the mansion and began her new life with her uncle at his hotel, the "Spirits Inn", as a bartender. Due to the popularity of the establishment, Champagne had an almost never-ending flow of new ponies she could meet, quite content with her job and enjoying herself every moment of it. It was two years after she started serving at the "Spirits Inn" that she decided to start her own bar, so that she could see the happy smiles of her customers every day. Using the money she had earned for herself while working and with some help from her uncle, she started a new, lovely club called "The Fiery Vine" in Equestria's capital, Canterlot. Designed to fit the needs of ponies both poor and rich, she had made it into the perfect place for ponies of all social classes to relax, buy a drink, and talk the day away. To this day, Champagne spends her life making sure that every pony who trots into "The Fiery Vine" is satisfied, and happier when they trot out, for the smiles that she receives make every day worth it.

Cutie Mark Story: Champagne's cutie mark appeared one day while she was staying with her uncle, Cider Spirits. It was a cold evening outside, and several ponies of all kinds were coming in to warm their hooves and get a refreshing drink, to wind down from their long days. She herself was busy serving the many ponies that came in, enjoying the conversations she had with several of her customers and having a few good laughs. However, her attention was caught by a dreadful sight...her uncle's bouncers were throwing out two ragged ponies into the streets, who apparently had only wanted to come inside so they could warm up and have a drink. Despite the fact that they had the bits to cover for it, her uncle refused to let them among the other ponies inside while they were in such a condition. Feeling sorry for them, she snuck a couple bottles of heated apple cider and a couple blankets, sneaking out the back door of the bar. Finding them in an alley, she approached them and offered the cider and blankets, saying that they were free of charge and that they were an apology for her uncle's rude behavior. What happened next, she would remember for the rest of her life. The appreciative smiles and thanks from the two ponies, who could be no older than her, had given her a warm feeling inside unlike any she had ever experienced. Leaving shortly after, she reentered the bar...only to find her uncle glaring at her. Trying to explain herself, the elder pony silenced her, and a smile grew on his face. Pointing at her flank with one of his hooves, she turned her head to see a pair of glasses clinking together. It was her cutie mark...! She had finally gotten it! Overwhelmed with excitement, she hugged her uncle (who decided not to punish her) and spent the rest of the month in the happiest mood she had ever been in. She knew now what she wanted most in life...to see those same smiles from every pony she could, and what better way than opening a place of her own to spread such happiness?

Parents: Owners of the Spirits Vineyards and other agricultural prospects in the Strand, Ambrosia Spirits and Nectar Spirits have lived in Manehatten for most of their lives. Originally arranged to marry by their respective families, they eventually grew to love each other and had Champagne, their first and only foal. Every once in awhile they go to Canterlot to visit their daughter's growing bar, happy that she had been successful in her venture.

Flaws: When she was young, Champagne was never very savy at the economics and business management that her parents tried to push on her, and was rather clumsy. By the time she was a filly, however, she surpassed these issues with her social capabilities (which her parents hid from the world :/ shame on them). While she is still rather clumsy, she can often hide the fact from other ponies whom she is speaking to. Another issue that she often has to deal with is the fact that she can't turn any pony who was in need away, no matter who they are or what they've done...and her friends often think that she is taken advantage of for this quality.

Personality: Champagne is charming, social, and generally joyful. She can occasionally be vain and arrogant, as well as have a very high opinion of herself. The only ponies she considers to be superior to herself are those of the royal family or idols in the fashion industry, but treats everypony else as her equal. She is open-minded and rather tolerant of other ponies, but those who are excessively rude or try to ruin others' fun irk her.

post-4640-0-14447300-1347678234_thumb.pn

Good morning.

You have a pretty nice application here, but it does have a few things that could be worked on. The biggest glaring issue is this: Alcohol is not allowed in the mane RP, I'm afraid to say. Although you didn't mention it directly... I just wanted to make that clear. If it isn't something that would appear in the show itself, it probably would not appear in the Mane RP (with a few exceptions, alcohol not being one of them).

Second, I feel that the history could certainly be expanded on. Although you mention in brief how she got her cutie mark, it is not enough - generally speaking, an entire paragraph (if not more) should be dedicated to a cutie mark story - and all you have is a sentence (not even). Tell us more about how she got her cutie mark - who did she serve? Why did it cause her cutie mark to appear? How did she feel? General questions like this are good to ask. Her backstory in general could be expanded upon a bit more. You mention she became dissatisfied with her life - perhaps you can expand more on the why, not just the effects? Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about the "Fiery Vine"? What is it like? You have the basics of a great character - now just expand on it. Ask yourself the vital questions (who, what, how, where, when, why?), and you should be able to grow and expand.

I also have a question relating to her personality. You state that she can be vain and narcissistic, yet you also mention that she views most ponies as her equal. Perhaps narcissistic is not the word you were looking for? Narcissism is specifically the condition of being extremely self-absorbed - and likely a bit anti-social. Perhaps a different word would be better - maybe arrogant?

Okay ^^ I understand that alcohol isn't allowed in the Mane RP, I had no intentions of selling alcohol. As for the background story and other information, I will get to fixing those right away! I wanted to finish the app last night real quickly, and then expand upon it today, so the edits will be done soon. Thank you for giving some of your time to look at my App :)

Sorry to barge in on this, but I would like to clarify that alcohol is allowed in Mane RP, addiction is not. We have other characters that enjoy drinking in bars, brewers, etc. in Mane RP -- please keep it tasteful and alcohol refs in your application are not a problem.

My apologies for the confusion! :)

First, allow me to apologize on the matter of the alcohol issue - I myself was rather unsure on the issue, and simply acted on my own personal judgement. Again, my apologies.

Your character history has been greatly expanded on and looks much more like a completed application! Your cuite mark story is well thought out, and I enjoyed reading your character history and the cutie mark story, and I feel you have adequately answered all of the vital questions I had about the application.

There is only one more slight issue I notice that I feel could be expanded on. In her personality, you state she was often disdained by the other blueblooded children and often spent more time with the poorer foals. This somewhat contradicts your character history, which states that she spent her entire life sheltered in a mansion (presumably away from the lower classes)- when would she have gotten the opportunity to spend time with those less fortunate? Second, when describing the various parties she attended, you made her out to be very popular, despite the fact that you mentioned that other bluebloods disliked her. There is nothing wrong with this application; this is just something for you to consider. :)