Legends of the Pony Pirates! RolePlay [open]

Talex

Wood Wing laughed as he heard his boys hurl insults as well as bullets at the idiots, they were learning well! To make matters better, he was almost at the flag! Soon, he would have the pride of one of the most famous pirates, and he himself shall adopt that fame!

It was at this particular moment that he and the rest of his ponies felt the force of an invisible shock wave and violently hitting the ground, he heard their screams as they either landed on their wings or splashed into the ocean. Wow...where did that come from?

Wood WIng was one of the lucky ones, falling onto the deck just out of reach from his prize....wait...did he hear something crack? No...it wasn't a bone, sure they hurt at the moment and his wings were in a world of agony, but...this was worse....

His face!

His face...it was cracking! The hard wood had been weakened by the force of the blast and the ground doing the final act...this...this was horrible! He began forcing himself to his hooves, using the support of the mast to pull himself up as his spare hoof kept the right side of his face together.

Glaring at the braided captain who had the gall to dare insult him, the Marabian Outlaw hissed out,"You...I'm going to send you back to those Empire Hogs in so many bucking pieces they won't be able to cremate you!" He vowed and forced himself at Blackmane, his wings may be bucked to Tartarus, but he could still run and punch!

As he ran, a voice began growing in his head, stating that "This is a horrible idea."

(Lol, just to clarify about Harla's crew- She meant for half to stay on her ship to guard it, and the other half was then allowed to go out into town.. but that ain't gonna happen now, everypony in her crew is just on her ship still ^^)

"The way I see it, the worst thing that could possibly happen is: Cloud's crew comes back while she's in there, and then half of our crew may have a tough time fighting her out of there.." Red Stripe felt a little uneasy, but did his best not to show it. "..We'll cross that bridge when we get there." He listened to Sleek go on, nodding when she brought up the part about her father. "No problem." He let her go on, questioning things and then saying that she really didn't need an answer. "..Okay, Sleek. You can hang with me for now.. Just in case something comes up. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit nervous about Harla.. We should keep an eye out for Cloud's crew."

Awh! Did he really just say more valuable to him than treasure? Normally she would tease him about the blush, but she was blushing just as hard as he was, so she thought it best not to bring it up. ".. I had this fortune cookie once.. It said that if you love something, you should let it go.. I don't know what that means or anything, but I think you'll have some serious bad luck if you don't.." Harla smoothly made her way to him across the floor. "You DO love me, don't you Captain?" She flashed him a perky grin with an I-know-you-do wink. "..I have the ut most faith in my crew.. but they would be NOTHING without MY brave leadership!" Brave she was.. but always smart about things..? Not so much. "A leader is nothing without her followers.. and they need me just as much as I need them. Especially when it comes to combat.."

*BOOM* Captain Blackmane's bomb had gone off, but was nothing more than a loud noise for now.

"..A fight? Well this'll sure be easier without Harla. Gather around, crew. nobody leave for town just yet.. We can go in just a bit. Now here's what we're gonna do. We aren't part of the fight.. Not yet. So, we're going to let the two ships battle it out in the distance, and then raid them both or just the loser when they're weak. We're not a large ship, and we need to remember that. We'll have to play the part where we decide to raid one or both by ear. Sleek, check and see if you can make out which ships they are.. If Wood Wing's around, we're using guns. I know that Captain Quinn wouldn't go for that, not at first, but Captain Quinn isn't here, and from what I've heard of Wood Wing.. He won't hold back."

Harla's thoughts paused about her crew when she looked up at the stallion's face. Something about it just made her heart drop, caught her off-guard. Harla gently stroked the back of Captain Shimmers mane, gently raising her gaze up into his eyes. "..This is why you should let me go, Cloudy.." She kissed him softly. Whether that would convince him to let her go or keep her around longer, she just had to do it. Her emotions got the best of her.

"I think you know the answer to that already," Cloud smiled in regards to her question about love. "Have you ever thought about sailing away with me, captain?" He asked, "Fly off and become the greates pirates in the world?" He was taken back by the kiss, as usual, but kissed back. "Do you honestly want me to let you go, with an attitude like that? Because it would be so hard to do." He pulled her closer. "Can't you stay, only for a few days? Give your crew a scare and just relax?" He asked honestly.

Captain Black Mane watched the attacker fall with satisfaction. The rest of his enemies crew was either crippled and surrounded, or in the water calling for help. The sound of their agony stirred a new thrill in Black Mane, the one that always made him go a little crazy with his bombs. A spark flickered in his eyes.

He watched as Wood Wing got up and cursed at him, while trying to hold together his now crumbling mask. The sight was creepy, watching a pony's face fall apart. Black Mane was unscathed though, his heart pumping from the blast before and the thrill filling his whole being. He watched as Wood Wing made his charge, and calmly held his ground.

Instead of drawing his scimitar, he pulled out two more grenades, one in each hoof and laughed, "HAhaha!" his eyes growing wider and the spark in them continuing to shine. "Aye! You be makin' a mistake, sky-lubber!" He lit the fuses simultaneously and threw one, then the other in the path of Wood Wing's charge. He didn't care that he was on his own ship. It was tough enough to take a few of his own bombs. And Black Mane wanted nothing more than a good blast or two right now. "You be messing with Captin' Black Mane! The Black Bombardier!" He wanted something more as well, so he didn't throw any ordinary explosive grenades. No, these were special.

The two bombs fizzed as they flew in the air, filled with deadly shrapnel, and the intent to kill.

Harla contemplated the decision for a moment before answering. She looked up at Cloud with an easy grin. "..Yeah.. I could do that." She hopped up on his bed, immediately making herself comfortable. "..so what've you been up to lately, Cloudy? Got any tales of your latest adventures for me?"

Captain Soul Flare stepped out onto the deck of his ship, feeling the warm sun and the cool breeze against him. he took a long deep breath of the ocean air, relishing in it. "OKAY! Carpe diem boys" he called out, whizzing around to face his crew as they exited the door that led bellow deck " What do you say we finish our grub fast and find ourselves some trouble" he asked with a smile.

pierce rolled his eyes as he took the wheel "can't we get the ship patched up a little more, she's not exactly fully recovered since the last time you decided to 'carpe diem'."

Soul flare smirked as he recalled the raging rapids and waves, snickering to himself as the huge shark that nearly sunk the ship came to mind. it was a good start to their new adventures on the high seas.

Zo set out a tray in front of them, a tray of berries and grass for him and soul, while there was fresh cut fish for Pierce. "I would also like to restock our hold, what little food we have left is turning stale and old." he explained.

As the bomb hit the deck, the voice inside his head began roaring at him, demanding he stop this nonsense and hide behind a barrel, was the voice ignorant as well? He was Wood Wing! He would not be stopped by some little metal ball! He would walk right past it and punch this sucker in the face.

Suddenly, yelling began emitting from the heavens as a speeding white blur began descending from the sky, winged ponies of various colors, bright yellow to black, began shouting from it, though their cries were difficult to hear from his position on the ground and their elevation, but one would be able to make out a comically sized net made of cloud protruding from the bottom of the Stratus Shredder.

" 'Bout time you showed up! It ain't easy holding off an entire ship on your own! But luckily your captain is awesome like that!" He did the closest thing he could to yelling in his state, and while he hurt his lungs quite a bit, he thought he got his point across, now he and his boys would raid the ship, KILL ALL THESE BUCKERS FOR BREAKING HIS FACE, and chill at the Bay, maybe buy a store to further increase his fame? Yeah, good pla-

Wait...why was he in a net?

It seemed as if the crew saw where this was going, thus, in their wisdom, they had crafted a makeshift net to save Wood Wing, for they knew he would be fighting to the last, like always. They also had the foresight to assign certain crew members to save any injured.

Yep...rather lucky...for everypony but Wood, who found the right side of his face crumbling away, revealing the soft, fleshy mask beneath which he hated oh so much...

"YOU MORONS ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY! AND DOING THE WRONG THING! I SWEAR! WHEN I GET MY HOOVES ON YOU, NOT EVEN MOTHER MENZI WI-" His curses and protests were eventually lost to the wind as the ship soared up into the sky with Wood and the other two survivors(the rest of the poor sods that had fallen into the ocean had the sad misfortune of drowning, likely cursed for eternity to become ghosts or some garbage like that.

But..Wood's Boys never left a fight without a present...and they dropped a glass ball full of an unknown gas taken at random from the Shaman's collection...

(Yo, you can just make something up for the Gas if you want, maybe a laughing gas? Shamans be crazy, after all. :mad: )

"Aye aye Red!" she gave the stallion a solid salute before clambering up the ropes to her nest, the crows nest. Sleek grabbed her telescope and scoped in on the fight that was going on, it looked rather brutal but she was glad she would be sitting on the sidelines while the two fought it out "Red! The two fighting seem to be the Strattus Shreader and the Whatever the hay Black mane's ship is called, they look to be exchanging pretty bad, I have no clue who could win this one" she called bellow still watching the fight go on, neither side seemed to be giving up regardless of the brutality each captain showed. Sleek just wished she had some popcorn about now! It would make great viewing! She could just sit here and watch the two, stuffing her face with buttery goodness. After a short while she took a look down at her rifle, a grin apearing on her face "Looks like we get some action today boyo!"

(◔_◔ Nice posts up there, guys. Lol, I just had to use that face x3 Anyyyyways.. Talex, we should pm and talk about how this is about to go down.. Lol ^^)

With a steady twirl of his handgun, a grin spread it's way across Red Stripe's face. "Right on!" He quickly began instructing particular ponies in order to navigate over to the Black Mane and his ship so that they would be ready to hop on board and take what there is to take. "Now, my fellow pirates," He finished quickly, the raid about to begin. "Remember to be smart about who you fight. If there's a big guy, and you're not so big, grab another crewmate to take him on. We still got all the treasure from the raid on board the Reaper, but I know that Harla would risk it.. and since they're already weakened, there's no way we could lose.. Right?" The ships were now near enough to literally leap across. "Go! Go! Go!" He pointed a hoof as everypony hopped over.

Harla softly giggled. "..That's about half true, yus. I guess that we'll both see about that when it's all sold.. Should be pretty profitable, though. We hit up Bluemoon Rock, and it went epically!" Harla almost went through the entirety of the crazy, amped up version of the story that she had told earlier about the crew risking the zombie were-skeletin curse and becoming vampires, but was actually feeling pretty relaxed, and decided not to go into it. "Yeah.. We were going for Blackwood next if the loot was good enough.." Harla was going to try and take what she profited from the last raid, get better weapons, and risk it all at someplace even more dangerous, for even more loot. She didn't much care for the bits, she just wanted the excitement from doing it. "You know, a lot of my crew doesn't even have their own swords! Guns can't do it all.. Even if my first mate would disagree. But we should be able to fix that if the loot's worth what I think it is, and then some.." Quinn slipped a hoof under the pillow to raise her head a little. "How about yourself, Cloudy Days? What's your next move? Or our next move, since I'mma be round for a bit."

Cloud smiled at her, "My crew are bound to find some rumor to get exited about, they're like that." He stretched out and put a hoof around Harla, "As for my current plan? Well you did just interrupt my nap. So I was pondering wether or not to finish it."

"Can't say that I slept too well last night, myself." She threw a leg over him. "I could use one of those nap things as well.. May I finish it with you, Captain?" She grinned, nuzzling up against him.

Black Mane watched as his bombs exploded with a shrill sound, followed by a cloud of dust. He heard shouting, and when the smoke blew away with the ocean breeze, he saw that Wood Wing had been taken by his crew. He laughed loudly at the captain in his own net. The crazy sparkle in his eyes from earlier faded briefly.

"Bwahaha!! See? Even you're own crew know what be best for ya! Think twice before ye challen-" He was cut off by the sound of a large jar breaking and an ominous fog sweeping over his ship. "What the!?" *cough* The glass ball that Wood Wing's crew had dropped was filled with the cursed air from Blue Moon Rock (same place Harla was coming from in the beginning) and when it was broken, the putrid mist surrounded his ship and everything within cannon's range. The shaman had somehow vacuumed some of it into that ball. Black Mane coughed more. *cough, inhale, cough*

"Go! Go! Go!"

Black Mane looked up to see the silhouettes of ponies jumping and swinging onto his ship. He must not have seen them coming with the fight going on. The fog from the glass ball limited your sight to only a swords length in front of you, making things quite eerie on the ship. "BLAST! Scallywags! Get ready to welcome these unwanted guests!" He yelled to his crew and then quietly whispered to himself. "It seems everypony's trying to attack us today! ...first that masked fella, now this!"

He launched himself into the fray, landing squarely in front of a blue earth pony with a shirt that's red and white striped, and a red bandana. (Red) BlackMane's bombs were sheathed in his coat and his scimitar drawn. He glared at the pony with a furious look. "GET OF ME SHIP!!!" He swung a warning swing at the pony and his crew began to battle with the others.

The clashing of blades and shouts of battle filled the the darkened atmosphere of the two ships. The fog enveloped the whole scene with a dark, almost purple mist that was thick and impairing. The two crews began their skirmish against one another.

As the other members of the crew swung aboard the ship Sleek stayed at her post in the crows nest, attempting to find a shot through the fog "darnit... cmon... i need a shot here..." she said to herself as she kept her eyes on her sights. Watching the silhouettes on the ship rampage about left and right. She then saw the captain, Blackmane, she took aim and fired, missing nearly completely as the bullet whiffed past his shoulder "darnit!" she yelled as she started to reload, seeing the ropes to her nest tense she took a look down, an enemy crew member... darn. Her rifle took a good six seconds to reload and was a bit of a pain, her father, an expert with the thing could shave it to three, but with her being rather new with the thing she could only do six... The enemy crew member was only half way up, she needed to get this thing loaded! Sleek found a bullet in her pouch and nearly shoved it into the slot, clicking the bolt to reload up and out as she took another look down, he was about a hoof leangth away, cmon! She had this! She finally pushed the bolt back down and in and took aim as the muzzle of the asailant came over the edge, she aimed and took the shot, knocking the enemy backwards and back onto his own vessel dead... oh thank Celestia...

Soul flare pointed off to a nearby cove to make port. "There, that's where we'll drop anchor" he then turned to fave his fellow sailors "set a course Pierce!"

The griffin rolled his eyes "you just want to go there because of the sounds of violence" he said with obvious annoyance.

soul flare smirked "yes, but you can get the boat patched up and Zo can go for supplies. I'll be just knocking heads." he capped his hooves together happily "every body wins." he looked between the other two passengers on their nameless boat. "what'cha think?"

Zo groaned "Always into battle at break neck speed, sometime your own safety you should take heed. we require food, repairs and shelter, combat is not something we need.

"and besides, who knows how many pirates or whatevers are dukeing it out over there, we should just move along."

soul flare's expression grew quiet yet confident, his gaze reaching into his crew mates, "trust me", he said simply.

the pair looked at each other then rolled they're eyes and smiled, shaking their heads. "Into the fray, let the steel fly free. we have no choice now but to put our faith in thee"

"can't believe you pulled that line, Soul" pierce grunted as he turned the wheel sharply and pointed the vessel right The battle between the other three crews.

(Sadface.. The colors are being buggy.. I'll fix it later ;3 That was awesome that you brought Bluemoon back in, Talex!)

With a swift draw of his sword, Red Stripe quickly got into the action, battling Blackmane fiercely, countering only to be parried back. "No way we're getting off, you fish mongling son of a biscuit eater!" He had picked up the phrase from Harla. "We're taking over!" It grew difficult to see, but Red Stripe recognized the air. Dear Celestia, haven't we been exposed to this enough already?! "Keep it up, Reaper!" He tried instructing over all of the yelling, but it seemed like everypony was deeply concentrated on their fighting anyways. It just felt good for Red to be able to take charge for a bit.

(Ready when you are, Cap'n Talex ;3)

Harla closed her eyes. It was nice for her to be able to just relax for a change, especially with her more or less secret lover, and not having to worry about all of the stressful activities she usually had to go about doing, such as ordering others to make her food, or complaining to Red that the decks need cleaning, or getting lonely just relaxing in her captain's quarters. She was thankful that Cloud was so easy going about things. There wasn't much left to do now except wait for Cloud's crew to get back.

"Bah! You'll never get me that way!" Black Mane shouted at the bullet that whistled next to him. He paired Red's swings and countered with his own, only to be parried in return. His sword was a secondary weapon for him, so he could only keep up with the enemy captain and then some. Black Mane swung again, making the curved blade flash in the swing, but it only met the hilt of Red's sword and made a ringing sound.

"Yarrr... Ye ain't so bad ya barnacle." He said as if they weren't fighting at all. "But you'll have ta do better!" He paired another blow and then made a heavy swing that wasn't meant to hit Red, but make him stumble and throw him off balance. The blades clashed loudly as they hit each other. Both Black Mane and Red recoiled, and instead of following up, Black Mane took off into the fog and out of sight from Red. "Catch me if ye can!" He called as Red turned into a silhouette and then faded from vision completely.

Black Mane weaved through the fights that were going on between his crew, and the other. Only stopping when he was a good distance form anyponyelse. Red could have been chasing him, but Black Mane didn't see anypony charging for him. "Now then... If they wanna fight on me ship, then I'll take care of theirs..." He reached into his brown coat and pulled out a red tinted bottle. There was a cloth shoved into the neck. Black Mane set fire to the cloth and looked over at the other ship. He couldn't see details, but the shadow of the mast and sails were visible. He let the cloth burn some and then threw the molotov.

The molotov spun in the air and landed with the sound of breaking glass underneath the main mast, which also happened to be where the crow's nest was. The fire from the cloth instantly spread to the spilled contents of the bottle. The main deck of the ship lit up in bright red flames. The flames started burning a black smoke, and the whole image added to the eeriness of the fight. The flames were blurred by the fog into a ominous red glow in the background, and Black Mane's eyes twinkled crimson from the sight.

He yelled loudly for all to hear; "Yarr! Look at yer ship! Ya might still be able to save it ya know! Bwahaha!!!"

Oh Celestia... Sleek got the joy of watching the bottle fly throught the smoke and at the foot of the main mast, right under her little nest. The fire first spread quickly because of the substance inside the bottle but it slowly slowed down to a normal spread. Unfortunatly this meant nothing to Sleek as in her eyes she was doomed unless she jumped. She took a hoof up ontop of the rim of the crows nest and looked over, it seemed her crew mates were retreating to deal with the fire for now so the deck of the enemis ship was pretty clear, she took a look to the deck of her crews ship, it was all ablaze near her, no earth pony could make that jump! She had to take her chances! Her legasy could not end here! She took a leap of fath onto the deck of Black manes ship, closing her eyes as she plunged through the smoke and onto the deck, landing with a loud crack, yep she had broke a rib... or two.. maybe three. With a loud moan of pain she openned one of her eyes and took a look up, it was the stallion himself... Blackmane. With her rifle on her back she put her hooves in the air as she stared at the deck floor " I surender..." she said painfully, hurting her pride more than her stomach "please... I think I broke a couple of ribs..." she begged, looking for a little pity. Was this the end? Please don't let it end so soon...

(So intense!!! =D)

[colour=#ff0000]"Bwah! The Reaper!!" [/colour]Red held his sword up like he was about to go for another strike, but took off towards the ship when Blackmane would have went for a counter. Every last one of Harla's crew members made their way over, hastily creating a bucket system to try and fight down the fire. Harla's ship was pretty damaged, but her crew fought the fire to the best of their abilities. It was a good thing that they had been able to score like they did back at Bluemoon Rock, but it might take a little time to repair the ship.. If they even had enough to do so. Red doubted it, but he generally looked at the bad side of things while Harla looked at the good. [colour=#ff0000]Yeah.. we're gonna be stuck here..[/colour] He looked back at the crew, one of the buckets traveling back up to him by hoof-passes at a rapid pace. [colour=#ff0000]..Oh, great, where's Sleek?[/colour] He poured another bucket, then scanned the area, spotting her on Blackmane's ship. He was handed another bucket, praying silently that she would be okay. She was right in front of Blackmane, and things didn't look good. He kept an eye on the situation.

(I know! it's so good! xD)

Black Mane looked down at the mare at his feet with a scornful look on his face. The light from the fire reflected off of his face to cast unnatural shadows.across his eyes and muzzle. The rings in his hair sparkled vermillion and the fog floated around his ship in the background.Yet despite how unforgiving he looked, Black Mane couldn't help but feel merciful, still aggressive, but merciful.

" I surrender..." she said painfully, "please... I think I broke a couple of ribs..."

He prodded the mare's sides with his hoof, causing sharp moans of pain and making her roll into a fettle position, holding herself. "Bwaha! Don't fret little one, I'm not gonna kill ye... yet... Scallywags! Tie her up! We'll deal with her latter." He turned to see the enemy crew hastily trying to put out the fire, the images fuzzed from the fog. "And turn the cannons! We'll leave them a parting barrage before we leave... Set sail scallywags!" His crew split up, some going to prep the sails and others rushing to the cannons. Black Mane's ship started to out pace the reaper and Black Mane turned back to see the pony he was fighting earlier watching him leave with one of his crew. There was a certain expression on his face, but Black Mane couldn't make out the details from the fog, which now enveloped the enemy completely.

The cannons were ready at this point. They were all turned to where the general direction of the reaper had been and fired, first one, then two others simultaneously, and finally followed by three more at their own respective pace. Whether he hit them or not wasn't of Black Mane's concern, but rather that they sent a message: something between a taunt, a threat, and a warning. After a few moments his ship exited the fog and Black Mane approached his new prisoner.

"Ye be unfortunate to have jumped that high, Missy." He said to her as if he was talking to a child. He prodded her side again, through the ropes. "Tell me yer name, and what ye were doing on that ship." As he waited for her to respond, he noticed the rifle that his crew had confiscated from her. "Aye.. such a pretty gun ya have miss." He picked it up and ran his hooves over it. "Too bad ye won't be needing it anymore, should fetch a hefty price though.." He looked back at her with an evil smirk, thinking he had hit a soft spot in her feelings. He didn't know anything, but the way the rifle was crafted obviously meant it was something special. "...Wouldn't ya say...?"

Sleek groaned as her captors hoof prodded just below her ribcage, she was captured in the first fight... such a pathetic pirate but she needed to learn this lesson... the only way she was really going to get better, by learning from her mistakes. She took a look up at her captor, he was definatly a pirate captain, probably been on for years. Sleek fealt blood in her mouth so she leant to the side and spat out what she had "the names Sleek... Sleek Wind" she said, not looking up at Blackmane "I was the crows nester on that ship and I was there to avenge my father... the greatest pirate that ever lived!" she said defiantly, getting to a shouting volume at the end. She watched him toying with her rifle, making her grit her teath "and if you lay another hoof on my rifle you wont live to see tomorrow!" she spat out, a look of pure anger and determination in her eyes "It would be worth more gold and gems then Celestia has in her castle and you don't deserve to touch it!" Sleek wondered if her old crew would come back to try and find her... would her captain, Harla even miss her? Doubtful... she had hardly been on the ship for long and she had only really talked to Red... oh well. She would have had to betray her at some point and this makes it easier on everypony... well except for Sleek ofcourse who could make a wrong move at any moment and be forgotten in time, sent to the bottom of the ocean.

(eh forget it I'll just jump it. Alon'ze!))

Soul Flare and his crew's small ship slowly drifted up to Black Manes ship, they were small and under the fog they seemed to slip in unnoticed. This was Souls least favorite part, being sneaky wasn't very showy or adventure-y. he sat impatiently, all the fighting had him ready for a brawl. he looked up at the larger ship, it seemed unfair, was this one crew being attacked by two others at once? [colour=#b22222]'Pretty tough bunch'[/colour] he thought to himself, his thoughts spread to taking on this crew when they were at their full strength, maybe even going one on one with their captain. [colour=#b22222]'Now that would be climatic'[/colour] he twitched a little more, now he was on the edge.

the boat slowed gently caressing along the side of black manes boat, is seemed like the center of all the combat and the fog acted as perfect cover. pierce dropped their anchor as quietly as possible.

Zo rolled his eyes knowing this wouldn't end well.

Soul looked at them fore a moment and whispered "alright, so I'm gonna go up there, knock some heads, save a few pons grab some treasure and weapons then meet ya'll at the local pub for a pint.

The two frowned [colour=#daa520]"oh no you don't, your not ditching with us, your gonna have our support along with our trust."[/colour] zo rhymed with a smirk.

and with that the trio prepared to make their grand entrance.

[colour=#ff0000]Red[/colour]

(Lol, Christmas colors!!)

Red Stripe's heart sank. He simply held the bucket, watching Blackmane get away with Sleek seemed to make time stop around him. Something about the event tugged at his very soul. Why is it that the ones who treated others the kindest seemed to get things the worst? His green crewmate snapped him back into reality. [colour=#008000]"Ay, Red! Get on it, man!" [/colour]He tried to calm himself, taking in a slow, steady breath, and respond to his fellow shipmate. [colour=#ff0000]"Woah, mate, sorry."[/colour] Like a zombie, he poured bucket after bucket until the fire had ceased to burn any longer. The green pony confronted him after, giving Red a quick pat on the back. "Ay man, don't worry so much.. You know what we need to do now that our lookout's been captured?" "Take immediate action." [colour=#008000]"You're d*mn straight we need to take immediate action.. and I got a plan. I''ll take the job of lookout. Now chill. We're good to go, but I ain't doing no bilge duty or deck scrubbin, man, I'm not stepping down in rank or nothin."[/colour] Inside, Red knew that Sleek wouldn't be so easily replaceable. He couldn't describe it, but she was just.. Different. He decided against letting the noise of another's opinion drown out his own inner voice.[colour=#ff0000] "Mate, you just don't get it. You've never talked to her like I had.. Sleek was much more than just a new deck swabber. Never in my life have I seen a heart like that pony has, and I am NOT about to let her story end like this. We're going after Blackmane, and we're gonna get Sleek Wind back." [/colour][colour=#008000]"Ay, chill man. Why do you even care? It's not like we'll ever see her again."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Mate, don't you even talk like that! Don't even think of doing it for her, either. If you don't want to, just do it for the ship.[/colour][colour=#ff0000] If we were on good terms with other crews, they would be on our side.[/colour][colour=#ff0000]" [/colour][colour=#008000]"Red, man, you're not making no sense."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Bloody think about it! We'll have her on our side. If I've learned anything at all throughout my days at sea, it's that if you get ponies on your good side, you're ship doesn't end up getting burned so badly. If we had Blackmane on our side, we never would have-" [/colour][colour=#008000]"Raided him?"[/colour] The pony interrupted slyly. I owe her one, mate.[colour=#008000]"We attacked him, man. AFTER he had been weakened. If you were friends or whatever you wouldn't have not done that in the first place man."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"..We can fight Cloud and not die. Sleek has a good heart.. and if she turns out even a little bit like I think she'll turn out.. We're gonna want her on our side. Mate, I've seen some things in my day-" [/colour][colour=#008000]"You're barely older than Captain Harla!" [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"..Just let me talk, please.." [/colour][colour=#008000]"Okay man, talk."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]".....Here's what we're going to do. Slim, I want you to go into town and find somepony with materials who we can pay to help repair the ship. I'll be here to fill Harla back in when returns." [/colour][colour=#008000]"..She's been gone awhile, man."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Slim, she probably went into town when she got out and saw that we weren't docked."[/colour] [colour=#008000]"Yeah, she's pretty fillyish."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"..I would hide out in town if I knew that Captain Shimmer's ship was RIGHT there.. Wouldn't you?"[/colour] [colour=#008000]"....No."[/colour] Red facehoofed, shaking his head gently, still in hoof. [colour=#ff0000]"Just.. Just go sell the loot and bring me back a repair pony." [/colour][colour=#008000]"Alright, man. But what if Captain Quinn says to just let the little deckswabber go like I know she will?"[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Then I'll go get her myself." [/colour][colour=#008000]"You're crazy, man."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "..What can I say.." [/colour]He stared out to sea, watching the little speck that was Blackmane's ship disappear into the horizon. [colour=#ff0000]"...I owe her one."[/colour]

Wood Wing struggled back to his hooves onto the deck, which his men had flown him onto after a few orders that lacked the rudeness usually associated with them. While he was starting to get feeling back in his wings his legs still felt horrid, and his face felt...horrible.

Wait...his face! It was gone! They could see the mask! The other half of his face must of fallen off when they pulled him out of the net!

[colour=#008000]"Oy! Stop looking you Salt suckers!"[/colour] He barked at his crew, who obliged there captain by forcible looking away, they had never seen Wood Wings face before...

The Captain in question began searching all around for something to clothe himself with...barrel? No. Sandwich? Stupid. Cloud? Hmm....

He madly grabbed a lump of cloud beneath his aching hooves and shoved it onto his head, covering it completely, mane and all, with small eye-holes showing his laughingly light blue pupils.

[colour=#00ff00]"Alright, my friends, shall we..wait, why are you looking away?[/colour]" He asked with a raised eyebrow, confusing the crew even more.

An exceptional dim green fellow was the first to speak up,"Well boss...y'all kinda told us to...." He admitted and flinched in response to the hay-maker he knew was coming, but a minute later he saw it had never came, Wood's only reaction was to nod silently and gesture to the un-ponied harnesses that would move the ship[colour=#00ff00],"Why, I'm sorry, if you want, we can blow this Popsicle stand."[/colour] He suggested kindly, which was met by surprise of the crew, who quickly voiced their approval of the idea, quickly heading back to their positions as they saw Captain Wing was unharmed, he was somehow creepier this way...with him actually saying sorry...

Wood Wing quickly considered heading to Colt's Cove...that could be a good idea, maybe stock up on supplies, allow his good, loyal friends some time off, and perhaps buy another wooden face? He sure did like those! But...as the ship made of clouds turned sharply, he, from his position on the deck, could hear the faintest song being played...it was quite good, all the drums and violins playing in tagname could make even he nod with respect! If only he could compliment those playing! and as he turned to say...left? It was oh so hard to tell from his position! But wherever he was looking, he spotted the faintest silhouette of a ship in the distance...

Flying towards the very front of the ship and raising his no-longer-blocked voice above the roaring wind towards the pullers, he shouted,[colour=#00ff00]" Excuse me, Gentlecolts and fillies, may you be so kind as to allow us to turn say...left? I want to compliment the ponies playing that music."[/colour] He commanded/asked and, unsurprisingly, the pullers obeyed, slowly turning in the desired direction with only a small amount of confused mumbling as to what music he was talking about...

[colour=#00ff00]"There we go! Nice and low! I don't want to surprise them or anything of the sort!"[/colour] He laughed as they got closer and more clearly visible, perhaps they were traveling musicians going towards a show? Hm, if he sponsored them it could make him more famous!