Legends of the Pony Pirates! RolePlay [open]

Talex

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to take this chance to provide another link to some fitting music, considering no one ever goes to the first page for the link anymore. (personally I think it's more fun to read while listening ^^ especially if you go back and read the battles)

More Musics!

Shimmer popped her head out of the water. She had followed Red Stripe to the shore of colts cove while he was swimming away from his sinking ship. She was bored, and was looking for something fun to do! She watched the scene play out in front of her. Her pink eyes lit up when she heard about the bits.

She swam up to the shore and approached Red. [colour=#ff00cc]"Hey there! You guys look like you're having a hard time."[/colour] She gave a sweet smile and came within hoofs reach of Red. Her eyes sparkled at him as she moved so her tail rested against his side. She noticed he was holding two things; the bag of bits, and what looked like a diary. Shimmers was interested in both but naturally got curious about the latter. [colour=#ff00cc]"What's that?"[/colour] She asked in an innocent coo. Her hoof sliding over his as she looked into his eyes with hers.

((Oh gawhd! It's going to be so awkward to play as her. Just that little bit made me stop and address myself as to what I was doing XD But I'll have a fun time anyway. Also, there were two things I forgot to mention about her in her app. Fixed that.))

"Me!? a captive? You friend, most no nothing about me!" he looked around, a broken wing, he couldn't fly back to his ship, but he could manage a glide. Looking up he rejoiced! at the nest still intact. he picked up a flintlock off one of the ponies bodies and kicked a barrel at Black mane. [colour=#000080]"I'll be seein' ye latter caption!"[/colour] [colour=#000080]Please be explosive powder![/colour] he pulled out the flintlock and shot at the barrel.

It exploded into a mass of smoke as look a joy crossed Black Powders face as he dashed to the mast climbing to the top as fast as he could. Once on top he looked down stretching his wings, [colour=#000080]"This is gonna hurt...[/colour]" he jumped the air under his wings kept him up. The extra pressure on his bleeding wing made it feel like it was on fire, but he was able to stay in the air. About half way across the pain in his wing was to much. As his wing gave out he plummeted into the ocean. the salt water burning his injuries. he swam to the top. [colour=#000080]"well buck... hope my men have the rope later ready..."[/colour]

Sleek awoke to a dim, candle lit lighting. Her vision was fuzzy and all she could make out was the dancing flame in the corner of her eye, and the cieling she had above her, she wasn't outside anymore. As she regained her vision she saw her chest bandaged along with her front right hoof, she guessed she must have broken or sprained that too, must have been to busy with the pain in her chest to realise at the time. She took a closer look at her bandages, they were well done and clean as a new shirt, she then realised she couldn't even hear fighting outside... was she even on blackmanes ship? Sleek sat up and attempted to rub her eyes only to find her front hooves were bound to the bed she lay on. A compfy... compfy bed....

Before she had time to think to herself further the door to the room openned and an elderly mare made her way in, not even batting an eye at Sleek, as if she wasn't even there. But as the mare sat down on the other side of the room, facing away from Sleek she took a guess to say she was the doctor who got her healing "Excuse me ms. But are you the doctor who fixed me up?" she asked, the mare not even bothering to turn and face her. "Yes, now get some rest filly. That captain Blackmane wont be so kind when he gets here..." her voice was dry and crackly, just like an older pony would sound like "Is that why I'm tied to this bed?" Sleek asked inocently, maybe hoping to score some points with this mare "Yes..." she said plainly, still getting on with her work. Sleek laid back on the bed and sighed "Thank you for fixing me Ms?..." she said, hoping for a name "Lavender" the elder said, finnishing Sleek's sentance "Ms. Lavender... may I ask where I am?" she inquired, sitting back up and leaning against the wall behing her "The HMS Alicorn, best darned **** since Celestia knows when" she said, turning to look at Sleek "Your a pirate aint ya?" she asked with an unreadable look upon her face, Sleek responding with a nod "You darned pirates need to go home, especially with a lass as pretty as yourself! Why would you even concider being a pirate?" she stated more then asked, Sleek blushing a little at her comment "It's a long story Ms Lavender..." she said, looking to the beds side to see her rifle on the table, atleast it was here. "Well you got time missy, don't know when anypony will be down to visit" she said, sendinf Sleek a small smile which she returned "Fine, you got me. It all starts with my father..."

The Griffon and the Zebra each found themselves up against a well armed, well drilled member of the Equestrian Navy's finest. The Sergeant took the Zebra, while the leargest trooper took the Griffon. Both ponies stood proud and tall, muskets loaded with one shot, and bayonets fixed ready to stab if need be. The sergeant spoke for both himself and the other trooper. [colour=#00ff00]"Lay down your weapons, and put your hooves or talons in the air. You are both being arrested on suspicion of piracy pending a sentence from a tribunal," [/colour]he said curtly as he brandished his musket.

Meanwhile the eight pegasi followed Black Mane's orders and surrounded the intruders. The bayonets on their muskets on their bayonets pointed straight for the prisoner's stomachs. And that's not mentioning the fact the muskets were loaded. One captain seemed to back down, but the other captain played out a desperate gambit. The eight pegasi assigned to his detainment saw the wild look in his eyes and pointed their muskets ready to fire when the entire deck shook with a explosion and threw them off of their hooves. By the time they'd recovered the pegasus was flying into the distance. They spun back around and tried to catch sight of the other captain.

The HMS Alicorn was ready and waiting in battle positions, poised to open fire at a moment's notice, but that moment didn't come. Not a peep was heard from the opposing ship. The pirates had all vanished from the deck, and the Scorbuto Cane looked like it might have already been abandoned. Royal Range had seen this trick a million times before though. He motioned to the two cannons closest to open fire near the ship and they did so. The cannons barely made a whisper as the unicorns covered them in their bright blue glow and caused special compounds in the magical powder to fire the lightweight but amazingly sturdy ball at super sonic speeds. The shots smashed into the water with such force that they caused a massive ripple effect and large waves buffeted the two ships, as well as any pony unfortunate enough to still be in the open ocean.

Royal Range rose the loud hailer again.[colour=#00ffff] "We will not be ignored! Those were just warning shots. If you do not offer your surrender immediately, then these cannonballs will be tearing through your decks. You are all to stand on deck, toss your weapons overboard, and fly the white flag. Then we can talk about your future. Any pirate who refuses to comply with this, or opens fire on us, will be immediately charged with piracy and executed by musket. If any of the cannons onboard your ship are fired, then we will return fire with all of our batteries. So play this smart, and surrender!"[/colour] He bellowed through the device. The ponies all around him still stood, cannons ready to fire, and muskets loaded and ready to go.

(The Navy apprehend Soul Flare and his crew, but the slippery Captain Black Powder escapes back to his ship. Meanwhile the HMS Alicorn fires warning shots at the Cane and awaits a response.)

((psst Cainiam, i sent the pegasi to attack you like 3 pages ago XD))

The shock wave of the water was almost to much. Black Powder wasn't one for swimming and pained to keep his head above water. When he finally reached his ship and climbed the ladder as his earth and unicorns crew looked at him with shock, [colour=#008000]"Caption your wing it's-" [/colour][colour=#000080]-"Broken,"[/colour] Powder coughed up some water. [colour=#0000cd]"nothing Lilith cant fix. i should be back in the air by tomorrows moon..."[/colour] -[colour=#800080]"Sir!" [/colour]Cried a deck hand. [colour=#800080]"what should we do? we're out gunned!"[/colour] -[colour=#000080]"I KNOW!!!"[/colour] Powder snapped, he didn't mean to lose his cool but his wing was killing him. [colour=#000080]"I... i know..."[/colour] He looked over at the Alicorn. [colour=#000080]"Unicorns, shoot ye magic into the sky, get the pegisi back. We sail off..."[/colour] He didn't like retreating, but it was all he could do. he walked down to the lower deck to get his wing patched up. The Unicorns did as ordered as his pegisi crew stopped fighting and flew back.

[colour=#ff0000]Red Stripe[/colour]

Red couldn't help but give her a little smile, despite the terrible situation he had found himself in. What a pretty little pony..[colour=#ff0000] "I umm.." [/colour]Wow she's cute.[colour=#ff0000].[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "I'm Captain Quinn's first mate. We all sail, and she writes down all of our adventures in this book. Or, at least she used to.."[/colour] Wait, where's Harla?! Red noticed that Shimmers was eyeing the diary. [colour=#ff0000]"..It's sort of personal to her.. She doesn't even like me to read it. The only reason that I have it now is because we um.. We got shipwrecked here. Well, I suppose the crew got shipwrecked. She doesn't know that I lost our ship yet, however."[/colour] Celestia help me.. I lost the ship! I, me! THIS STRIPEY SHIRTED RED GUY lost Harla's beloved ship. He suddenly grew a little cold. I need to get my mind off of things.. "..Would you, maybe like to come to dinner with me?" The words just sort of came out, surprising himself along with the rest of the crew. He extended a hoof. Can seapony's even go out?[colour=#ff0000] "Red Stripe, first mate of the Reaper, at your service miss." [/colour]Something about Shimmers' eyes mesmerized him.

Cloud, went over to the wheel,[colour=#008080] "then we set for the skies!" [/colour]He declared heroicly. He looked down at Harla, and could see she was upset. He quickly thought of something to cheer her up. Cloud went over to her and whispered, [colour=#008080]"Have you ever flown an airship before?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]Harla Quinn[/colour]

Harla had to admit, as much as she was in love with her ship, she found Cloud's even more amazing! Airships were awesome, and Harla loved awesome things. She couldn't help but to check out Cloud behind the wheel. He looked so brave.. So heroic.. So.. Attractive. [colour=#0000cd]"..What?!"[/colour] She grinned ear to ear at the offer, growing immediately excited. [colour=#0000cd]Is he REALLY about to let me try piloting?[/colour] This made her forget about her crew, and how she thought that they had abandoned her. [colour=#0000cd]"I have yet to fly an airship, but now I can add and cross 'fly an airship' off of my list of things to do before I die!"[/colour] She, somewhat, carefully took the wheel. It sure looked different to sea a sea of clouds below her, rather than the sea of, well, sea, that she normally would see, which was quite a sight for her to see.

The smoke cleared and Zo had a small bag in his teeth and in his hoof, a strange spiky red fruit. he glared at the Sargent, not about to back down just because it was a navy officer he was up against.[colour=#daa520] " Me and my comrades are not of the pirate brood..."[/colour] Zo said through clenched teeth.

[colour=#006400]"yeah we prefer being called adventurers....dude"[/colour] Pierce chimed in, attempting to finish the rhyme. the griffin the hissed and barred his talons, ready to shred the over sized pony before him. [colour=#006400]"just try and take us, ya hay chewin' salt lickers.[/colour]"

Soul Flare shielded his face with his hoof as Black powder set off his blast, rolling his eyes at the pirate's actions "well that wasn't a very good show, he should have stayed and fought along side us." the crimson stallion then shook his head [colour=#B22222]"ah well[/colour]". Soul looked up at the ponies around him [colour=#b22222]"is this really necessary we only came to save the girl Black Mane grabbed. I didn't even know she was a pirate. "[/colour] Soul flare was putting on his best negotiation facade, trying to talk his way out of all this. in his head he knew this had gone too far south, but maybe he could pull a positive out of all this.

Soul spoke to one of the muskette carrying ponies [colour=#b22222]" tell your captain to let my zebra and griffin companions go, they have done no wrong act this day, Captain black mane gave no indication that this ship belonged to the navy. If he wants to bring some one from my crew in, he can have me"[/colour] soul sighed as he let the last sentence escape him.

Zo and Pierce spoke in unison "[colour=#DAA520]W[/colour][colour=#006400]H[/colour][colour=#DAA520]A[/colour][colour=#006400]T[/colour][colour=#DAA520]![/colour][colour=#006400]?[/colour][colour=#DAA520]![/colour]"

Soul took a deep breath, attempting to ignore his friends, and the fizzling fuse black mane held in his hoof. [colour=#b22222]"If my memory serves, there is a bounty for my capture an safe return to The Sparkle Star Nebula Magic Academy, along with a book i took from their archives "[/colour] he dug into his vest and pulled out a ratty old looking book, about the size of a small pocket book and covered in magic symbols[colour=#b22222] "here I am and here is the book, in exchange for my friends freedom and safe passage to the nearest land mass for docking, I'll come along quietly and they will leave you alone."[/colour] he put the book away [colour=#b22222]"or we can fight and your captain can explain to the princess herself why the book is destroyed, i'm dead and your crew looks like they wen't through Tartarus and back."[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"what do you say? or maybe you should bring a ranking officer here and I'll discuss it with him" [/colour]he shot the pony a glare, attempting to get his way by seeming like enough of a threat that the deal would be the more beneficial route.

((i feel like i overstepped some where in this post, if i did then it's my bad, I just trying to move things along a little since we seem to have his a snag..))

((also yes i know the academe's name is silly, i thought it up on the thought, and am willing to change it))

Powder trudged down to his medical officer. Sitting down he spoke, [colour=#000080]"I... "[/colour] He sighed in frustration. [colour=#000080]"I told my self i would never fight the navy again..."[/colour] The light shimmered off his gray eye. as he tried to get his thought down. [colour=#000080]"They've taken my sight... my father... And now they threaten my ship..."[/colour] -[colour=#ee82ee]"Caption..."[/colour] chimed in his medic, Lilith. [colour=#ee82ee]"We... might have a problem..."[/colour] -[colour=#000080]"what is it...?"[/colour] Lilith hesitated she didn't know how to tell her caption. [colour=#ee82ee]"It's your wing sir... the blade was magic, and shattered the bone. Even with my magic... you... you may never fly again..."[/colour] A look of horror crossed Black Powders face, [colour=#000080]Never... fly again?[/colour] [colour=#000080]"NO!!!"[/colour] Snapping, Powder smashed the table in front of him, sending medical equipment every where. [colour=#000080]"I'm the terror of the sky! My fighting style is around air control while flying! I... i cant..." [/colour]Powder broke down. a single tear drop from his gray eye. [colour=#000080]"My ship... my father... and now my wing..." [/colour]Memories of all he's done flooded over him. Then, A look of Courage over turned the saddened look on his face. [colour=#000080]"Lilith fix my wing the best you can... I'm going back over there..."[/colour] -[colour=#ee82ee]"What!? sir even with magic you wont be fully healed! are... are you sure?"[/colour] Powder nodded giving his medic a smirk. [colour=#000080]"I don't plan on coming back. i want you to make sure this boat get to a harbor."[/colour] -[colour=#ee82ee]"Caption... you cant be-"[/colour] Powder interrupted her. [colour=#000080]"i am... I'm going to glide over to the ship with the help of a crew hand..."[/colour]

The sea air was strong. Powder felt better now that he was patched up. his wing still stung but he could glide with out falling now. While gliding down he heard Soul Flair talking about a bounty and being turned in at the risk of his crews freedom. He landed with a thud on the deck once more. looking around at the naval officers with there muskets pointed at him. [colour=#000080]"Your a good man lad..."[/colour] Powder spoke to Soul, [colour=#000080]"Risking your life like this for your friends... But there's no need, none as i can see it any way..."[/colour] He looked over at him with a grin and a gleam in his eyes that hadn't been there for years. [colour=#000080]"Your free to go lad. I'm worth more then you are. I've slain many a pony-kind... and i'm going to make up for it...I may have just met you, and tried to kill you at that, but i like you lad. you have spunk, courage... hope."[/colour] He looked back at the rifle men. [colour=#000080]"as for me... I've been nothing but disaster on these seas since i was your age... I bet you anything my bounty is four times that of yours." [/colour]There was no bluff this time, Powder had no plan. no epic battle with an escape of a heroic scale. He was done for as he could see it. he might put up a fight, maybe. but he doubted he would last for long.

"... and that's pretty much where I am now... stuck here on a navy ship... probably heading to be executed" Sleek leat out a deep sigh, drooping her head as she lay there on the bed, unsure of what Lavender was thinking, but she was prepared for the worst "Now now Sleek" Lavander let out as an act of pity "Atleast it will be quick" she said, turning back to her work, Lavander played it pitifully but she was just here to keep pirates from escaping while the captain was out, and to heal those who need it, she didn't know why she was even healing this one, she usually only healed the crew. "Wha.... what do you meen!? How in the hay do you think that helps!?" She almost yells, leaning up and trying to sit, but pulled back by her bindings on her front hooves "Look filly" she said, standing and sounding rather agrivated "I don't care weather you live or die or what happened to your pathetic father!" she said, alomst storming up to the side of Sleek's bed "If it weren't for that darned Blackmane you would have been killed already!" she yells, her old mouth letting out a bit of saliva that landed onto Sleeks face. Sometimes it was best to keep your yap shut. This was one of those times Sleek decided, she looked the other way, hidind the tear that fell onto the sheets, her father was no fool, he was not pathetic, he was a real stallion! More than any of these so called 'captains' will ever be.

Satisfied with Sleek's silence Lavender wanderes back to her chair, getting back to whatever work she was up to "hand me my rifle... " Sleek mutters, catching the atention of Lavender "what did you say? Pirate?" she asked, instantly getting agrivated "I said... hand me my rifle..." Sleek responded, not even looking at Lavender, meeting the response of a hearty laugh from the old mare "now why would I do that?" she asked with a smile, heading back to the side of the bed "So I can shoot your smug, wrinkly face off you B****" she yelled, spitting at Lavender, landing it onto the old mares cheek. Lavender was annoyed now. She raised a hoof to slam the defencless mare in the weak ribs but stopped herseld, wipping the spit from her cheek and storming out the room, stopping before she leaves "You will die someday Sleek, and by Celestia I will make it slow if I can"

Royal Range lowered the loud hailer and attached it to a loop on his belt. Everything had gone silent, but that certain tense silence that only came before a storm. He pulled out his carbine and pointed it straight ahead. He turned to the left to see the same determined look written across all of the soldier's faces. Not just anypony was assigned to the Alicorn, and every single one of these ponies had earned their place. It was an honour to serve under True Majesty, but as True Majesty often said it was an honour to have them serving him. Their eyes were all locked forwards, their muskets poised. The cannoneers were also right and ready, but discipline was a bit scarcer in the navy. Some of them shook a little. All was quiet however.

At least until a force of Pegasi came tearing across the sky, shouting obscenities. It didn't take an officer to realise these were pirates, and they were spoiling for a fight. A variety of crude blades and other weapons graced their hooves.[colour=#00ffff] "Line Formation! Present Arms!" [/colour]Royal Range bellowed as he too rose his carbine. As a single unit, every musketeer raised their rifles. The cannonballs were too precious to waste firing a volley at something the army should be able to deal with. Those warning shots alone were hundreds of bits thrown into the ocean. There was one principle that was drilled into every soldier given a musket. The golden rule. Not to fire until ordered to, so every pony held their fire. Royal Range stuck to the age old adage: Not to fire until you see the whites of the enemy's eyes, and at the speed they were bearing down on them, that would be any second.

Just as he was about to give the order, the pegasi all turned mid-air, and began to fall back to their ship. Royal Range gave the order to fire anyway, and the guns all went off in a line, throwing their small payloads at the fleeing pegasi, but due to their speed and distance, a lot of the shots went way off course. The ship in the distance suddenly began to move, and Royal Range bellowed to the cannons below to open fire. They couldn't let this ship escape, not now that they were so close. All the cannons on the deck roared out with their special supersonic magic shots, flying at the Scorbuto Cane as it began to float away.

The Sergeant pulled his hoof against the trigger threateningly, locking eyes with the zebra.[colour=#00ff00] "Pirates or no pirates, you just assaulted an ally of the Equestrian Navy. You can present your plea before the judge,"[/colour] he spat. When the griffon flexed his talons, the large trooper lunged forwards and held the bayonet against the griffon's throat. He growled menacingly as he did so, a rough smile forming across his face and accentuating a long scar that crossed over his mouth. The Sergeant stopped and turned his head to hear Soul Flair's offer. He listened intently, then Black Powder suddenly appeared to and all the soldiers raised their muskets... only to lower them again when they heard his conflicting offer.

Now a new dilemma had presented himself, and something else the Sergeant definitely hadn't prepared for. His only job was to assist Black Mane and bring him back alive. Now he had two captains surrendering to him with conflicting conditions. What one of them said was true though, his crew were small fry compared to the captain himself. And just imagine the prizes he would get if he could bring both captains aboard! He could be promoted! The Sergeant lowered his musket, and nodded at the large trooper to do the same. [colour=#00ff00]"Well, it seems your captains most impassioned speech has moved us,"[/colour] he said with a genuine smile. [colour=#00ff00]"You two are free to return to your vessel, and I suggest you do so with haste,"[/colour] he said to the Griffon and the Zebra. With a curt nod he turned and trotted over to where the two captains had now both issued formal surrenders. The large trooper however kept his eyes fixed on the two and made sure they were leaving.

The Sergeant saw that Black Powder's bright spark behind his eyes had extinguished. He really had given up, and he was a much bigger prize. However, he also had no leverage. Since Soul Flair's crew had left, there was quite simply no way possible for them to escape, especially with him injured as he was. Two captains was an almost assured promotion... but if Soul Flair destroyed that book, and if it was as important as he said it was, he'd be lucky to get away with a career.[colour=#00ff00] "I have a new proposition. Your crew have been released as a gesture of goodwill. Now if you hand over that book, then I can let you go as well, and Black Powder here will be taken before a tribunal and executed."[/colour] The Sergeant held out a hoof for Soul to place it in.

After watching a very angry Lavender barge out of the room, the pegasus soldier who had flown Sleek back to the ship knocked on the door.[colour=#ffa500] "Is everything quite alright in there?" [/colour]he asked, his voice softer than most of the troopers, and a little more hesitant. He checked his orange coat and black mane quickly, making sure he looked smart and presentable, before then entering the room and closing the door behind him. He trotted slowly over to the bed to see she was not looking good at all.[colour=#ffa500] "Are you quite alright?"[/colour] he said in the same soft voice as he checked over her visible wounds, and then laid eyes on her face. Her sparkling blue eyes shone the same colour as the sea, pulling in his own purple eyes and trapping them in their briny depths. He realised with a start how long he'd been gazing at her face, and took a step backwards with a crimson flush of his cheeks. He quickly babbled the first thing that came into his mind, [colour=#ffa500]"S-s-so you're a-a-a pirate?"[/colour]

(The Alicorn is charged by pirates who suddenly withdraw. The Alicorn then opens fire on the Scorbuto. The Sergeant lets Soul Flare's crew leave, but take the captain, along with a returning Black Powder, into custody. The Sergeant asks for the book. Meanwhile one of the pegasi who escorted Sleek back to the Alicorn has taken a shining to her, and shows some concern for the injured mare.)

The [colour=#282828]Scorbuto Cane, a ship know over the seas for its light armor and quick getaways was under fire. The crew with out there caption was at each other's [/colour]throats[colour=#282828]. until Lilith showed up. [/colour][colour=#EE82EE]"SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!"[/colour] The light purple mare shouted. [colour=#EE82EE]"Unicorns! put up a shield and try to get us some speed. Pegisi, at the mast, try to get some air under the sails. Earth! get the cannons ready if they try to fallow us"[/colour] [colour=#000000]most of them looked at her in confusion but got to work. The super sonic cannon balls hit the shield causing it to crack. the unicorns stood strong, only two cannon balls struck the ship. but no major damage was done[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Black Powder gave the [/colour][colour=#282828]Sergeant a grin, even in the end, he was joker.[/colour][colour=#000080] "what? i don't get a trial?" [/colour][colour=#000000]he understood though. The blood of many where on his hoofs. he gave a cheeky smile to the[/colour][colour=#282828]Sergeant. [/colour][colour=#000080]"you have to admit. it would be kinda grand. 'Black Powder', "[/colour][colour=#282828] He mimicked a judges tone of voice, [/colour][colour=#000080]" 'For the murder of hundreds of other pony kind, how do you plea 'and i would say 'Not guilty!' Then he would look at me all confused and say, 'Your joking right?' and i would say, 'not at all! It was in self deference your honor! they attacked me while i tried to steal there stuff!' then i think i would get a laugh or two out of the people watching"[/colour][colour=#282828] he chuckled at his own words. Then looked at the ground saddened. [/colour][colour=#000080]"oh I'm going to pony hell..."[/colour][colour=#282828] he looked back up at the [/colour][colour=#282828]Sergeant with a grin. [/colour][colour=#000080]"But it was a fun ride. and i know my death alone wont make up for the ponies I've killed. But hay, my life is the only thing I've got to bargain! my ship is leaving and with it all my stu-" [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked over at his ship taking a beating.[/colour][colour=#000080] "call them off..." [/colour][colour=#000000]he pulled his blade and put it at the Sergeants throat.[/colour][colour=#000080] "Or i'll have one more stallions blood on my hands before i die... those ponies are NOT to be touched, do you hear me!?" [/colour][colour=#000000]A combined look of rage and fear where in his eyes. [/colour]

The Sergeant listened to Black Powder's soliloquy. He really had given up, and he sure could picture himself standing there at the trial in his snappy new dress. He was suddenly ripped out of his daydream by the sound of cannon fire in the distance. He smirked, another group of pirates were no doubt being put to the sword. He turned back when suddenly cold steel met his throat, and he held up his forehooves. The other troops all raised their muskets once more and pointed them at Black Powder. [colour=#00ff00]"Captain! If you don't want to die right here, then put down your sword!" [/colour]The Sergeant barked. Then the blade grew tighter on his throat, a bright shock of scarlet began to appear through his green coat. The Sergeant began to panic. [colour=#00ff00]"T-t-there's nothing I can do! I only command these pegasi! And the captain's onboard the ship! All killing me accomplishes is you dying here on the Celestia forsaken sea with noone to bear witness! You'll die a nobody![/colour]" he babbled.

Above deck Royal Range and the other ponies saw the pegasi make it back to their vessel. They were now effectively useless, unless True Majesty gave them the order to pursue. However, True Majesty was hesitant to order a pursuing action. These pirates were a paltry prize compared to what he could get from Black Mane... but he couldn't very well let them escape. He trotted over to one of the cannoneers. [colour=#daa520]"Load the track shot, and don't miss," [/colour]he said succinctly. The unicorn loader saluted dutifully before scurrying below deck to return with a different cannonball. Unlike the others it had a sort of green glow to it. The unicorn hurriedly loaded it into the cannon, and lit his horn as he triangulated the target and sent it blasting.

(The Sergeant is taken captive by Black Powder, but insists he can't give him what he wants. True Majesty authorises the use of a special magica cannonball, a track shot.)

[colour=#000080]"I. DON'T CARE."[/colour] The fear had left his eyes, all that was left was rage and courage. [colour=#000080]"send some of your men to tell them if they don't call the cannoneers off, that i WILL make sure no one on the Alicorn is left alive to see there family AGAIN!"[/colour] He swung the blade away form the neck of the Sergeants. little droplets of blood fell onto one of the rifle men face. [colour=#000080]"That ship was part of the navy, its old name was the 'Aspire' and was ranked fourth in the harbor back when i was in the navy. but that's not why i want that ship to stay a float."[/colour] he pointed the blade back at the stallion before him. [colour=#000080]"You have yet to see me angry. I ALONE have taken down fleets of ships." [/colour]Powder wasn't bluffing this time. but with his wing as it was he couldn't ship hop like he use to.[colour=#000080] "I'm cunning. and if need be..."[/colour] The Blade tip poked the Sergeants nose. [colour=#000080]"will end all of you, with one swift swing of MY BLADE!"[/colour] Bit over the top. it would take more than ONE swing to stop them all. but the job would get done. [colour=#000080]"Now... i suggest you fallow a [/colour]TRUE[colour=#000080] captions orders. before i kill ALL OF YOU!!!"[/colour]

((i need to re-wright some of Blacks past haha.))

Black Mane stood and watched everything that went on with a smirk on his face and a thrill in his eyes.The fuses in his hooves were running short but he still had time to think. I'm going to get more than I could have hoped for if this keeps up! He thought excitedly. Two high value captains, a mare with a fancy gun, and a free ride to colt's cove. Harhar. Everything seemed to be going his way. Then again, he wasn't thinking of his soon to be lost ship and crew. Hmm... that soul fella be holdin his book hostage... Black Mane's thoughts were interrupted as he watched Black Powder threaten the soldiers. He pitied him. Here was a stallion who had lost nearly everything to the navy, and only wished his ship and crew be spared. Quite the honorable notion, but alas, there was no understanding for a pirate's last wish in the navy. Something Black Mane always hated about his employers. But the fool should have known better.

Black Mane threw one of his bombs high into the air, letting it explode into a sphere of smoke. He walked over and stepped down on Powder's injured wing, with his now free hoof; making the captain grimace in pain. "Ye won't be killing anypony today, Powder... but I like yer rage." He winked, almost mockingly, and put a little more weight on his wing. "Take him back to yer ship." He ordered two more pegasi. "...and... let yer captain know they've had enough..." He threw his second bomb into the air, not needing, nor caring for it anymore. It exploded in the same, harmless puff of smoke as the last one. Then he turned to Soul.

Yar! Then come quietly and your crew won't be touched." Black Mane personally wanted to fight and take those two; them being the reason half his crew was dead. But he didn't want to waste anymore time. He didn't care if the book would be lost or not, but it did spark some curiosity. If you still have that book after all this time, then it must be somethin special...

With that, the other pegasi brought the prisoners back to the Alicorn and put them under deck. Black Mane collected the last bit of treasure that was on his ship, along with his privateer license, and went along with them. He ignored True Majesty's greeting and went to where Sleek Wind was being kept. He burst into the dim room and looked at the pegasis soldier. "Yer job be done now! I need to speak with Miss Sleek." His eyes drifted to her with an annoyed look as the soldier leaved, seeming to be disappointed at Black Mane's arrival. Black Mane brought up a chair. "Feeling better, lass?" He asked sarcastically.

Sleek blushed as the soldier stared at her eyes, he seemed to be quite into her. Atleast her looks anyway, "yes thanks... I'm fine" she said with a nervous smile, this pegasus was a sweet thing. His voice was soft and calming, it was a nice break from the old hag that had been here before. She let out a small giggle at his stutter, responding calmly with a soft tone that matched his "yes i'm a pirate. But not a very good one right now..." she saide, sounding glum as she looked away from the pegasus, only to hear somepony barge throught the door. Blackmane. The soldier left, giving her one last look as he passed the doorway, darn... he genuinly seemed like a nice stallion "yes im fealing better, no thanks to you. Now what do you want? Why the hay did you keep me of all ponies alive? You could have killed me there and then but what stopped you Blackmane? Is it because I'm a mare?" she said, an onslaught of questions heading Blackmanes way. She despised him... he had teased her about her rifle, threatening it's well being and wanting to throw it overboard. She was going to end him... one day... one day...

The Seventh Lament began to pull away from the clouded ship where woodwind was returning. The gunners lowered their barrels and the swords-ponies sheathed their blades. Allegro kept her eye trained on the ship until it was long out of her range of vision. The captain had proved to be eccentric, that much was true. That didn't mean he was harmless though. A murderous face could lie behind the clouded veil of mystery strewn across Woodwind's muzzle and eyes. [colour=#b22222]"He mentioned something about a battle. You! Scan the surroundings,check for signs for anything out of the ordinary." [/colour]The pony from the crows nest was just reappearing from below as this new order was placed upon her shoulders. [colour=#b22222]"Oh and it seems that we won't be needing that crystal just yet." [/colour][colour=#000000]The poor mare on the receiving end simply sighed and then stashed the crystal away in her jacket.[/colour] Today wasn't a good day for her but Captain Allegro was a good captain, even when she buried her crew beneath chores and missions. It acted as a conditioning of some sort. Exercise.

She flew back up to the crows nest and flipped out a large lengthy spyglass. "There appears to be a battle off to the north. I see a navy flag. Uhm...Oh! Off the starboard bow! There's signs of a wreckage!" The words hit Allegro's ears and shot a shiver down her spine. The navy. [colour=#b22222]"As much as I'd like to punch several holes in that ship I'd rather keep this new lick of paint firmly on our boat. Pull down the colors and stow the cannons. Weapons below deck and only the absolutely essential crew-ponies on deck. This is a legitimate salvaging ship. Am I right?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Within seconds the crew of the Seventh Lament[/colour] were hard at work following her orders to the letter. A loyal "Aye aye!" boomed across the ship as they all hustled to and fro hiding any dead giveaways of their current line of work.

Allegro casually trotted with grace across the deck and up towards the blind pony handling the wheel. One of her most trusted members. [colour=#b22222]"Well. You heard her. Take us across and keep at a steady pace. Inconspicuous is the plan."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Allegro patted him on the back graciously and turned her vision towards the wreck. Booze? Money? Priceless art work from foreign nations? Whatever the spoils were Allegro was happy. Free things were hard to come by without a fight. Admittedly the thought of appearing as a vulture both repulsed and intrigued Allegro.[/colour] On one hoof she was ashamed of picking from another kill but at the same time it was keeping her possessions and her crew out of the firing line.

"Miss Allegro. A moment?" The captain turned to face the stallion behind the impeccable manners. [colour=#b22222]"Yes?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He moved towards the water and started to fumble with a symbol hanging from his neck. It appeared to be some form of religious relic. A relic in the shape of a sun. "I would like to ask something about our current venture. Salvage is fine but what of any survivors we may happen across?"[/colour] An evil grin crept out from Allegro's calm demeanor. [colour=#b22222]"There are none." [/colour][colour=#000000]Within moments the Seventh Lament was sitting above the now lost [/colour]Reaper. Allegro began to play once more. The water crystal firmly in place inside her Violin. Within moments again barrels and crates began to float towards the top of the water. The crew moved into position ready to haul it all on board.

"yes im fealing better, no thanks to you. Now what do you want? Why the hay did you keep me of all ponies alive? You could have killed me there and then but what stopped you Blackmane? Is it because I'm a mare?"

"Now listen, If it weren't for me then you would still be coughing up blood and probably be at the bottom of the sea with that gun of yours! He glanced at it, then back to Sleek. "I saved ya lass, whether you like it or not." His tone became gentle, as if he was talking to a foal. "And there's more than one reason I didn't end ye when I could have. For starters, it IS because you're a mare, and ye have a pretty face at that." Black Mane said it without any embarrassment at all, almost as if he was stating a fact. "But also because of what ye said about yer father." He picked up her rifle with his hooves and held it. "At first, I was furious about it. There's no such thing as glorious revenge out on the seas, lass, and you should learn that sooner or later." He gave a sly grin, as if implying that seeking revenge on him too would be a mistake. "But I thought about it... and to be honest... I think that you're the kind of mare who doesn't care if it's glorious or not." He grinned. "Am I right, Sleek?" He fondled her rifle some more, noticing her getting a little angry about it. "So I'm going to make ye an offer. Plane and Simple. Either you stay here, tied up and awaiting the navy's punishment, which doesn't include JUST execution.... OR... Ye join me... Give me yer loyalty and be my new crow nester, Sleek! And maybe one day, you can find the pony who killed your father..." His voice trailed off, emphasizing the chance at her being able to live her dream and take revenge.

"I'm giving you a choice, Sleek. What's it gonna be...?"

(Black Mane offers Sleek Wind to join his crew, under deck of the naval ship "Alicorn")

((And now let's change the mood entirely xD))

Shimmers looked at Red Stripe and giggled. [colour=#ff00cc]"Hehe, I'm sorry, Red."[/colour] She flicked his hoof with her tail. [colour=#ff00cc]"But I just can't be out of the water that long."[/colour] She made it sound like she was disappointed. [colour=#ff00cc]"But maybe we can do something a little more.. fun!"[/colour] She traced circles on his cheek with her hoof. [colour=#ff00cc]"Like maybe go get you a new ship, or find your captain. I'd love for YOU to introduce me to her. Would you do that for me?" [/colour]She smiled at him again.

(Shimmers asks Red Stripe to find a new ship or take her to his captain.)

((again, very weird to play as her, but still fun at the same time x3))

Sleek lay there, listening to Blackmane ramble on about this and that. When he mentioned that he didn't kill her because she was a 'pretty mare' she wanted to walk up to him and give him a swift hoof to the face. Sometimes... she just wanted to be treated like a stallion. But as he mentioned the story of her father she calmed, actually starting to listen to what he was saying. She watched him pick up her rifle and fiddle with it as he talked to her, nopony touched her rifle... she didn't care who they were, and Blackmane saying her persuit of revenge was pointless and wouldn't be 'gorious' didn't help his case. It wouldn't be so pointless once her bullet found a place in his skull. But his next statement was true... she didn't care if it was 'glorious' or not she just wanted it... and then his proposition... join his crew? Be in HIS crowsnest? What about if she met Harla and Red again? How would she cope betraying those two friends?... Not to mention the crew was Blackmanes. The pony she hated, second on her hit list and now she had the chance to work with him? No pony in there right mind would take the offer, so it was a good thing Sleek wasn't really in her right mind. She let out a deep sigh after a couple of seconds of silence between the two. He was right. If she died she would be no closer to killing her fathers killer. "I don't like this Blackmane..." she said, looking away from him and staring at the small candle that lit the room. "You know I hate you... and normally I would never accept such an offer." She then looked up at Blackmane, a look of determination in her eye "But I'll accept. I would shake your hoof but..." she signalled to the tied hooves above her head "You know..." Sleek was going to escape! This was it. The legend continues!

((So pretty much Sleek Is now with Blackmane. Though it's not like she likes it))

"HarHar! I know ye hate it lass, that's why I'm offerin!" He bellowed with a smile. "And yer gonna have to stop hating me if yer to be me loyal scallywag!" he winked. Then he saw her eyes flash with determination. That same determination as when she first landed at his hooves. That look that said she would do anything to avenge her father. That was another reason Black Mane wanted her on his crew... because of that spirit she had.

"Har! I ain't untying ye yet! Wait until we get to port for that, lass." He got up out of the chair and looked at the rifle in his hooves one last time. Then he gently lay it on Sleek's stomach, like how a father would give a cherished toy to a daughter. She might not be able to hold it but it would at least be back in her possession. She cuddled it with her back hooves again like how she had on Black Mane's ship and he smiled. He hoped that, maybe, she wouldn't be the one to kill him...

Black Mane walked over to the door and looked back at her one last time. "I'll come back for ye when we reach colt's cove." With that he left and went to go see how Black Powder was doing.

He walked into the room. It had a similar set up to Sleeks; dim, candle lit, and a soft bed where Powder was. His hooves were restrained and his weapons lay in a corner. He was slumped over and looked defeated. "Yar... How ye be doin, Powder?" His tone was solemn. Even after all they had been through, Black Mane still admired him for who he was, and wanted to at least see him off before he was sent for an execution. "...Anything on yer mind...?"

(Black Mane leaves Sleek Wind and enters the room where Black Powder is being held. Still under the deck of the Alicorn, which is almost to colt's cove.)

((Please, don't attack :U this is the calm after the storm that I've been waiting so long for >.< ...but then again, I can't make you do anything ._.))

The Sergeant reached for his throat with a hoof as he felt his precious lifeblood being scattered across the deck. Just when he was about to crumble, Black Mane burst in and saved his life. He quickly regained his composure, but refused to mumble a thanks to the pirate. He and the other troopers followed their orders dutifully and escorted the prisoners and Black Mane back to the ship, leaving Black Mane's own vessel abandoned. The healthy prisoner, Soul Flare, was escorted below deck and into the cells, while Black Powder was taken into another bedroom that had been converted into a ward and a prison. There he would receive some treatment so that he wouldn't die on the trip, and made presentable for the courts, while being restrained of course. A guard was assigned to watch his room as an extra precaution. The Sergeant himself returned to meet with True Majesty and Royal Range.

Royal Range sighed as he saw the Scorbuto Cane vanish into the distance. Why the captain had ordered them to stay was a mystery. The crew were bound to go and ravage somepony else. The earth pony strode over to the unicorn captain, and they both trotted below deck, and away from the crew.

[colour=#00ffff]"With all due respect, sir, we could have taken that vessel."[/colour]

[colour=#ffd700]"I know that, Royal, but right now there are much more pressing concerns. We would have wasted time and resources had we pursued them, for now we have a much more worthy prize. Black Mane is aboard, along with two other pirate captains. We are in the unique position of having three of them onboard at once. Two of them are set for the gallows, and I'm hoping to convince Celestia about the third, but he may get a free pass,"[/colour] the captain replied.

[colour=#00ffff]"Sir, but what about their ships? Both of them are ready to sail off. Even leaderless, they still present a threat!"[/colour]

[colour=#ffd700]"Look, Royal, I know you're new and excited, but we go after those ships and we could waste weeks, when we could head back right now and show these scallywags the meaning of justice. Captain Black Powder is easily worth the two vessels alone. The amount of death caused by his hooves alone. He is a catch."[/colour]

[colour=#00ffff]"If you're sure, sir."[/colour]

[colour=#ffd700]"Besides... we hit it with a track shot. With one of those enchanted compasses, anypony could find their ship no matter where it is. If it continues to cause trouble, then we can take care of it. Nothing can cleanse that magic aura, even if they could somehow detect it."[/colour] Before Royal Range could reply, the Sergeant trotted in and True Majesty turned to him instead.[colour=#ffd700] "Status report, Sergeant!" [/colour]The Sergeant retold the events of what happened, with a little glorification of his own actions. True Majesty nodded along and patted him on the shoulder at the end. [colour=#ffd700]"Very well done, Sergeant-Major Lance," [/colour]he responded with a big smile. [colour=#ffd700]"Now to just hear Black Mane's intelligence and then we can act."[/colour]

The young pegasus trooper from earlier watched as Black Mane strode out of the room with a big smile across his muzzle. The trooper saluted as the captain passed, and then took up his assigned position of watching over the prisoner. Wouldn't that be easier from inside the room though? Why did he have to stand outside? Technically he had already breached protocol with his last visit, but then what did that big mean looking pirate want with such a sweet mare? he shook his head, it hurt to think about. No, he'd stand guard as ordered. From outside. If she wanted anything she'd have to shout... yeah, that made sense. The trooper stood dutifully outside the door and guarded.

(The prisoners are escorted aboard. We learn that True Majesty has placed a powerful tracing spell aboard the Scorbuto Cane. The Sergeant is promoted to Sergeant Major and revealed to be named Lance. The officers wait for a debrief from Black Mane. The young pegasus guard is assigned to guard Sleek's room.)

Pierce and Zo were anything but delighted with the agreement and their armaments remained at the ready despite it all. They showed no intimidation or hesitation in the face of the ponies they we’re up against.

Pierce growled as the large pony invaded his personal space, pointing his crossbow at the large pony’s body and preparing to bring them both to an end.

[colour=#b22222]“Percival!”[/colour] Soul’s voice rang out to the griffin “[colour=#b22222]I thought I told you to trust me!”[/colour]

The griffin shot his captain a glare but backed off slightly, [colour=#006400]“come on Zo, let’s get out of here”[/colour] he said with a hint of defiance. Pierce stepped passed the large pony shooting him one final glance of malicious intent before he and zo retreated to their ship.

[colour=#b22222]“don’t worry boys, I’ll see you again. Keep your sails clean[/colour]” soul gave them those words before they departed down to their ship and got hoisted their anchor.

Soul was left with powder and the Sargent, he ignored black powder for the most part, but did give his thanks to the old Pegasus a for the kind gesture,[colour=#b22222] “…But I have to go with them now.[/colour]”

The red stallion glared at the naval pony asking for his book,[colour=#b22222] “where it goes I go, besides the book and I are more valuable as a set” [/colour]Soul smirked at the Sargent and patted his pocket. [colour=#b22222]“Shall we shove off then?”[/colour] he asked as lifted his hoof to gesture for the navy ponies to lead the way.

It wasn't long before Soul flare found himself on a navy ship and being escorted to a cell. He didn't mind being imprisoned on the fancy ship. Soul even had a smug little smile on his muzzle as he walked inside his new’ personal quarters’ .[colour=#b22222]“Nice place ya got here, tell your captain I give my respects.”[/colour] He said with a chuckle, sitting down and asking a good look around the room.

[colour=#b22222]“although you might want to mention how rude it was that he didn't greet us personally~”[/colour] the red stallion added playfully as the door closed and locked.

(Zo and pierce leave while soul lets him self be taken, refusing to let the book do on the ship without him)

The old caption Black Powder sat on a bed. only restrained by his two back legs chained to the bed. [colour=#000080]"They should really do more than that..."[/colour] Black thought out loud. [colour=#000080]"I may still be injured but i've already been patched up." [/colour]he looked around. a bed side table with a candle burning slowly on its mantle along with some bread and water. inside was the gospel of celestia. he didn't care much for books. he kept looking around. the door was locked. he wasn't getting out through there. there where no windows ether. he couldn't fake an injury ether, the room had been fitted to take care of that. he sighed, [colour=#000080]"guess there is no escape for old Powder this time after all..."[/colour] He sighed and looked up at Blackmane. [colour=#000080]"when i was young i was part of the navy... but when my father died i rebelled against them. losing an eye in the process."[/colour] he looked down at his front hoofs still saddened. [colour=#000080]"I've killed many good ponies on the sea. most of them being navy. some just sea goers who where in the wrong place at the wrong time."[/colour] Looking back up at Mane he gave im a little grin. [colour=#000080]"that's how i met you. wrong place, wrong time. it was nothing personal, just hot blood."[/colour] Powder sighed. [colour=#000080]"so is this it? the ending tale of Caption Black Powder... no, dying at sea of old age, no epic fight where i save half my men but die in the process. It just... ends."[/colour] Fear returned to his eyes. [colour=#000080]"i wonder what the other side will be like...I don't even have any kin to bare my name in death..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]-Black powder laments on his past with Mane. fearing the after life and all it hold-[/colour]

Black Mane sat down and listened to Powder's story. "I can't help you, Powder. I'm sorry, but I really can't. You're the navy's prisoner now, not mine. I just get the ransom." He didn't know if telling him that his life was in the hands of the navy helped or not. It probably didn't. "But I can tell you two things. One, everyponies tale is forgotten at some point in time. Yours, mine, even princess Celestia's name will be gone from history some day. All that matters is if you've affected the tale of another pony, right here, in this life. If you've helped sompony you care about, then you've done yer job." He gave a small smile. "Ya know, yer crew is still safe. All yer scallywags that respected you and gave you their loyalty, they're all sailing away right now. I made sure the ship stopped firing on them." For now. He hoped this cheered Powder up a little. "I'm sure they won't forget yer name, even in death." He patted Black Powder's shoulder. "And the second thing I can tell ya is that I respect ye. And I look forward to meetin you again in whatever afterlife we be goin to." He got up and adjusted his bandana. "I mean that, Powder... I wish we didn't have to be on these terms." He turned towards the door. "Oh, and... just for the record... yer name has always reminded me of one of me bombs." He smiled at Powder, and playfully tossed a small, dud cherry bomb towards him. "It's sort of funny how that works, isn't it?" He sighed. "Take care, Powder. I don't think I'll be at yer execution, but... make it a good one." He grinned and closed the door; leaving Black Powder to his memories.

With that done, He walked on down to where Soul was being kept. True Majesty could wait for his briefing. He came up to the cell that was designed to withhold unicorn magic and leaned against the wall. "So, Soul Flare... You got me curious earlier... what made ye take that book and keep it all the way until now?"

(Black Mane comforts Black Powder and says his goodbyes. Then goes to Soul Flare's cell and asks him about the book.)