Legends of the Pony Pirates! RolePlay [open]

Talex

Black Mane was silent as he watched Majesty's limp body fall into the sea. He was personally overjoyed but tried to hide it. It would look bad if he started celebrating now, when he was in command of Majesty's ship and crew. "So we're just gonna run eh? Fine... what ye said about their cannon is probably true." He thought to himself for a second. "Alright then! We're heading for colts cove! Full sail! Get to work scallywags!" He yelled at the navy crew that was at his disposal. The ship started to move in the water again as the deck hands made themselves busy. Black Mane looked on in triumph. It felt good to be in command of such a large vessel and crew. Then he turned to the now sober and somber Sleek. "Listen lass, I know yer not fond of what just happened, but that's how things go out here. And that's how things are." Secretly, he was a bit mad that she had shot Majesty's rope, but he wasn't going to yell at her for that. The whole scene probably just reminded her of her father. He guessed. "Now if ye could do me a favour and climb on up into the crowsne- WHAT THE BUCK!" He looked over Sleek's shoulder to see Black Powder fly over the the Russians vessel. He cursed audibly. "What does he think he's doing!? He's going to die, that's what he's doing! That pony's got a death wish!!!" He watched as Black Powder then made his escape with his smoke bomb he had tossed to him before. "Argh.. that stallion's too full of pride... Just like Majesty." He watched as Powder flew up into a cloud and then out of sight. Black Mane shook his head and went back to Sleek. "Up to the crowsnest ya go lass, I don't trust that navy watch dog and I need someone I know as our eyes." Then he looked over at the sun, which was starting to dip in the sky. "Especially now... Quickly! To colts cove! I want to be on land before nightfall!" he yelled at the crew. Then he turned back to the Russian vessel. "...and before they decide to give chase..."

(Black Mane takes control of the ship and asks sleek to go up to the crows nest. He watches Powder make his move and retreat. The sun starts to go down and Black mane hurries the crew to colts cove.)

((Whaat?! This started up again forever ago and I didn't even know it D: Lol, I'm back scamps!!!!! ^^))

[colour=#ff0000]Red Stripe[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"You let her take our money?! That was like.. ALL OF OUR BITS. PERIOD. RED, YOU KNOW SHE AINT COMING BACK!!!!"[/colour] The steaming crew member scolded the emotionless first mate.[colour=#ff0000] "..She's gone.."[/colour] [colour=#008000]"OF COURSE SHE'S GONE, RED. OF. BLOODY. COURSE. She's not gonna come back, and we're gonna be stranded on this BLOODY island for good, and you're never gonna see your little bildge cleaning crush ever again bro! Ain't this just GREAT dude?!" [/colour]He kicked the sand so hard that he fell over onto his back. Red just stood, emotionless, staring out to sea. [colour=#ff0000]"..No.. We'll be alright.. I don't know how, but.. We'll be alright."[/colour] The young stallion dropped down to his knees, and collided his hooves into each other, looking up into sky. He spoke in a mere whisper, most of his words being lost to the wind.[colour=#ff0000] "Celestia.. Now I know that I haven't always been a good guy, but I sure as hell try. I don't know how you're gonna do it, but I know that you're not gonna let us be skrewed over like this. At least let Sleek be okay.. She has a good heart, helping me clean like that when Harla said she didn't hafta.. I don't know how much mercy you'll have on a pirate.. But I don't do it to be bad! I.... Well.. I guess you would know better than I even, princess. Just.. Please.. Be with us." [/colour][colour=#008000]"Dude, are you praying bro? You know she ain't gonna hear you."[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Slim.. You can have your beliefs, and I'll have mine."[/colour] When Shimmers showed up with a ship very similar to the reaper, only, you know, not all broken, Red's face lite up, and the pony who had just been criticizing him fell flat on his face in prayer.[colour=#ff0000] "Shimmers!! You came back!!"[/colour] Ran ran down into the water to hug her. It soaked his shirt, but he didn't much care. [colour=#ff0000]"How did you I don't even.."[/colour] He stared up at the ship in awe.

[colour=#0000cd]"Captain" Harla Quinn[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"Rock on!! Thanks Captain Cloudy!" [/colour]With a wink, she turned her head to the rolling skies in front of her. Piloting an airship was different than anything Harla had ever done before, and she loved it! The way that the clouds seemed to weightlessly part for the ship, the rush of mistless wind on her face, and the smoothness of the ride, seeing as there was no ocean to make things wobbly. She imagined that it would be a much warmer experience to pilot an airship rather than a pirate ship, but knew in her heart that she could never part with the Reaper, which she didn't know had been totally obliterated under her loyal first mate Red Stripe's careful watch.[colour=#0000cd] "It's pretty fantabulous up here!"[/colour]

(First mate Red Stripe's religious side is revealed even more, which Slim makes fun of him for, but then when Shimmers shows up with a ship for them he stops. Harla's crew now has a new ship, but Harla is still with Cloud and away, flying his ship.)

"aye cap'n..." she murmered as she climbed up the ropes to the crows nest, her home away from home on any ship that it was on. As she reached the top and climbed the side a naval stallion already seemed to be up there, Sleek tapped the older stallion on the back and smiled "Erm excuse me but er... you seem to be in my spot..." she said with a rather sheepish smile [colour=#800000]"Oh yea?" [/colour]he retorted, leaning on his telescope and looking at her cockily [colour=#800000]"Sais who toots? Last time I looked I was nester of this ship, and just caus' we ave a new cap'n doesn't meen you are the new nester, now get goin before i kick you off"[/colour] he grumbles, turning to keep his eyes on the sea "But... I was told to.." Sleek starts, before getting cut off by the naval stallion, pressing his large knife to her throat [colour=#800000]"I said look toots, get your pretty little hide out of here and I'l let you live, or do you want your big adventure on the sea to end here? I ave more experiance than ya and theres nothing you can do to get me off this here nest! Now get goin!" [/colour]he yells, his saliva spraying onto Sleeks face. That was it. As the stallion turned and looked back over the edge and to the sea she also turned, but rearing her hind legs and bucking the naval pony off the edge of the nest, landing square on his neck as he hit the deck with a spine tingling crunch "I am not called 'toots'... I am Sleek Wind! and you should have showed a little respect..." she said to herself, grabbing her telescope and looking out into the vast ocean.

[colour=#000080]"Holy crab apples!" [/colour]Shouted Black powder a little louder than he was planning. [colour=#000080]"I've done some hard core things but that was just mean..."[/colour] Powder had taken up watching the ship. making sure everything was smoothly. Why? Not even he knew. But he figured the new caption could use some extra winds on deck. So he jumped of the clouded and landed next to mane. [colour=#000080]"Hey caption! thought you might need some extra wings on deck. I know i was a captive and all, but i was hoping we could put that all behind us."[/colour] Powder knew the odds of him saying yes where almost zero to none. And was ready at anytime to fly back up onto the cloud he was just on.

-Powder jumps from his cloud and offers Mane an extra hoof on deck-

"Thata girl!" Black Mane yells encouragingly to Sleek Wind. There's that spirit again. He walked over to the stallion laying stunned on the deck. A dark cloud seemed to loom over them. He picked him up by his coat collar. "I'm in command of this vessel! And I decide who's going to be the crownester! If you challenge yer captain's authority again, I'll have ye in trial for mutiny!!! Black Mane spat in his face and tossed him aside. "Now, go get that... what was it... Lance fella? Go get him and tell him what's been happenin! And also that I want him on deck. What's he even doing under there? Hiddin'? Some navy dog he is. Now go!" Black Mane kicked him before he had a chance to get up and let the ex-crownester cower away like the beaten navy mutt he was. Black Mane had no tolerance for arrogant crew, especially when they weren't his own, and even more so if they were navy.

Black Powder landed next to Mane. [colour=#000080]"Hey caption! thought you might need some extra wings on deck. I know i was a captive and all, but i was hoping we could put that all behind us."[/colour]

"Argh! Hush! Hush!" He pulled him in under his hoof and whispered. "I'm glad yer back Powder, but I still need yer ransom." He winked "So just keep it low until I get that." He took his hoof off of Powder's shoulder and started talking in a normal voice again. "Now then, as far as needin' help. I'm not sure. This crew seems to have things under control, as far as maintenance goes. Why don't ya use them wings of yers to scout ahead. Sleek's got the crownest but I still need to know how far until colts cove. It really shouldn't be that long now." He glanced up at the sails and crowsnest. "And see if ye can spot any other ships out on the water while yer at it. I want to know if there'll be anymore interruptions before port." And nightfall. he thought to himself. He really didn't want to sail out in the dark with Russains nearby. He shuddered. urgh, russain ponies... He wanted to "thank" Red Sail one day for Majesty. But today was not that day.

(Black Mane beats on the ex-crownester for challenging Sleek like he did, and sends him to Lance to bring him up on deck. He tells Powder to scout ahead and plans on meeting Red Sail... one day... The sun continues to go down)

[colour=#ff00ff]"Hehehehe"[/colour] Shimmers giggled at Red Stripe's astonishment and snuggled against him in the hug. [colour=#ff00ff]"So where are you going to set sail to?"[/colour] She asked with a curious gaze and put her hoof on his chest. She had no real reason to help him, or to tag along, except that she was bored and he was entertaining. Plus, he had gold, which means he must've gotten it from somewhere. Maybe following along until he gets some more wouldn't be such a bad idea...

(Shimmers asks Red what he's going to do, and starts scheming a plan of her own)

On the sun setting horizon. An extremely small vessel appears in the reflection of the water. It seems to be heading in the rough direction of Black Mane's ship. It moves swiftly... and silently.....

-The next day-

(Out of linear time of the RP)

The Sobraine reaches dock in Canterlot. Exchanging flags with the navy produces amazing results.

The 100th flag Red Sails has acquired.

Something massive rounds the archipelago.

"[colour=#0000ff]Your ship, Captain Red[/colour]." Speaks the quartermaster, bowing to the privateer.

"Splendid..."

Into the docks drifts the ironclad behemoth. "Kirov. We shall name it Kirov. Get your painters up there to paint the name immediately."

Red stands with a wicked grin on his face as the ship finally stops.

"They won't stand a chance." He cackles, slowly forming into a hideously maniacal laugh.

(http://www.hamovhotov.com/picturegallery/thumbs/lrg-518-hms_warrior_an_ironclad_steam_ship_built_in_1860_at_portsmouth.jpg)

Lance jumped as the prisoner suddenly started talking. After he realised it certainly wasn't Black Powder, he turned around and saw it was just Soul Flare. He instantly acted as if he had never jumped, and put on his usual degrading sneer. [colour=#00ff00]"The other prisoners may have escaped, but they have nowhere to flee. They will not leave this boat alive. If you want to join them, then by all means make your escape,"[/colour] he snorted. A sudden clank behind him made him spin around with his sword out, but he saw it was just one of the troopers had knocked over a metal tray. He wheeled back around looking even more enraged. [colour=#00ff00]"If I were you, then I'd stay put. You'll live longer that way."[/colour]

Before he can respond, a sailor from on deck came galloping down. "Sir! You're wanted on deck!"

[colour=#00ff00]"At ease, man. Guard this cell,"[/colour] Lance barked back before pushing him to the side and trotting back up the stairs. The two soldiers who had followed him down, promptly followed him back up. He looked around for Royal Range, only to see Black Mane talking to Black Powder. He pulled out his pistol and went to fire, when he saw him take off and fly into the distance. Lance, now enraged stomped over to Black Mane.[colour=#00ff00] "You just let a prisoner escape! That is a crime under the laws of the court of Canterlot." [/colour]

Royal returned to his quarters, removed his fine jacket and hat, and lay back on his bunk. He was technically now captain. Not that he'd ever asked to be Captain. True Majesty hadn't finished his training yet, and now his mentor was dead. Not just his mentor though, his friend. It was hard being an officer on a ship, you had to distance yourselves from the men, you had to rely on only those closest to you to support you, and to Royal and for True, that had been the case. Sure, Royal had seen sailors die before. The Alicorn was one of the most dangerous ships to serve on in that regard, but it was worth the prestige. True Majesty was a hero, and nopony deserved to die that way. Shot in a sword duel. What kind of conniving, immoral, inequine beast would shoot somepony in a sword duel. Not an ounce of honour in his entire being. Royal just stared at the wooden ceiling and tried to organise his thoughts.

Brass jumped awake at the sound of a cannon tearing through the hull, then promptly tumbled out of the bed and landed messily on the floor. His head was absolutely pounding, and his tongue felt like parchment. [colour=#ffa500]"Celestia,"[/colour] he croaked as he attempted to get to his hooves. It took three attempts and a good five minutes, but he eventually made it. How the hell did the sailors drink so much. It was absolutely horrible. Wait, where even was this? This was not the group quarters. He noticed the chains and the open door, and was suddenly filled with a sinking feeling.[colour=#ffa500] "Oh Celestia."[/colour] He tried his best to gallop out of the room and distance himself from the evidence.

([colour=#00ff00]Lance[/colour] is still a bit skittish, but responds to [colour=#a52a2a]Soul Flare[/colour] with the same disdain he showed Powder. [colour=#00ffff]Royal Range [/colour]returns to his quarters to try and organise things.[colour=#ffa500] Brass [/colour]wakes up with a terrible hangover, and leaves Sleek's cell.)

(Edited to include [colour=#00ff00]Lance [/colour]going up deck to see Black Mane.)

Black dashed ahead looking back to see Lance, [colour=#000080]'there he is again, should have kept the eye patch, i might have been able to pull off the Cloud Hooper thing... maybe i still can.'[/colour]

Scouting a good ways ahead of the Alicorn he noticed only what looked like a dingy drifting about. nothing to worry about right? Powder pushed the thought out of his head as the sun began to close on the shore. Colts Cove was only about ten miles from where he was. The Alicon should reach it midnight while the moon is high. [colour=#000080]"The odds of that major letting me back on the ship to sleep with out getting locked up again is slim. maybe i can just tie a cloud to the boat and sleep there."[/colour] He pushed that thought away also as he turned back. grabbing another cloud as he drifted next to Black mane.[colour=#0000CD] "Nothing much to report Black Mane. Just a dingy. The Russian ship has already docked."[/colour] Powder looked back, noticing lance at Lance approaching he change his voice and closed his bad eye, trying to pull off the Cloud Hopper persona. [colour=#0000CD]"Hey mate, How's the new caption working for yah?[/colour]" He whispered to Black Mane nonchalantly [colour=#0000CD]"If he ask, my name is Cloud Hopper and i'm form your ship..."[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]-[/colour][colour=#000080]Black[/colour][colour=#000000] scouts ahead. not noticing much. [/colour][colour=#000000]he returns to the Alicon trying to pull of the cloud hopper persona once more after noticing [/colour][colour=#00FF00]Lance[/colour][colour=#000000] and giving Mane the scouting info-[/colour]

Soul flare laid down with his book, speaking to the guard outside his door "[colour=#b22222]i think i'll stick around for a while, catch up on my reading, and escape when we make port."[/colour]

he then let out a casual yawn [colour=#b22222]"although i'm kinda bored. not many folks around to talk to besides you....mister...or is it miss? if your not feeling talkative could you summon up some one for me to chat with."[/colour]

(soul talks to the guard outside his door, deciding to wait till they make port, but he would really like someone to talk to))

Phokas looked through his spyglass at the large ship in the distance, he was completely alone on his tiny ship, with no crew whatsoever, sailing in the hopes of finding land... Maybe this vessel was his ticket out of this nightmare.

Quickly, He runs over to some of his emergency supplies, and promptly lets out a flare. There was no way he would be able to survive on the ocean without a single clue where he was. and since his vessel was never going to catch up with the one he spotted in his spyglass, all he could do, Is wait and hope. This ship was a chance...

(Phokas lets off a flare in order to gain the attention of your ship)

Sleek watches out into the seas, nothing out of the ordinary, just a vast expance of ocean. From below she could hear Blackmane applauding her actions and to be honest she couldn't help but feel a little proud, yet still a little disapointed in herself. She was a pirate now, and already it had seemed to be changing her usual calm and caring nature. But he was asking for it! Orders where orders where they not?... Oh well, what was done is done and now she had to prove she deserved to be here. She watched the ocean and let out a sigh as she watched the ocean, it was so calming to watch and the waves slowly lul across her vision and into the distance. Suddenly she spotted a glowing red spot in the distance... was that a... flare? "C...Cap'n" She begins, still in slight disbelief "Theres a flare to the starboard! Shall we pursue? It's only a small vessel!" she yells, gazing over at the vessel in the distance, who was onboard? and how many ponies where onboard? Where they okay? "Cap'n! I recomend we go after it! They could be hurt or helpful!" she sais, awkwardly as she looks down at her captain "What are we going to do?"

• 2 weeks later...

(Wish granted, String! I would hate for this to die.. D: Luckily, like Talex, I'm certified in CPR ;D)

[colour=#0000cd]Captain Harla Quinn[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"I really have missed you, Cloudy."[/colour] Harla gave him a little smirk. [colour=#0000cd]"So umm.. Where to, Captain?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Red Stripe[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"You see, Shimmers, that's actually quite a long story.. But in short, you happened to meet us while we were a bit down on our luck.. Lower than ever before, actually. We just recently lost our captain; who's location we have NO idea, our ship; which I can not thank you enough for replacing I have no idea how you did that but I'm so very glad that you were able to, and most importantly, our lookout, Sleek Wind. She was-" [/colour][colour=#008000]"Really not as important as a captain?! Red, bro, you're crazy! She was just a deckhand. Let it go."[/colour] Red Stripe cleared his throat. [colour=#ff0000]"No, Slim, she's more than that. Never in all of my days have I ever met a pony with such a heart of gold. Everypony starts at the bottom, mate, but this one.. This one's got potential. But Blackmane's got her now.. Doing who knows what!" [/colour]He stared out to sea, feeling the misty ocean wind blow across his face. [colour=#ff0000]"..So, Shimmers, to answer your question.. We're going to raid Blackmane's ship in an attempt to save her."[/colour]

(Harla asks Cloud "Where to?" Meanwhile back on the shores of colts cove, Red Stripe thanks Shimmers for buying him a ship (even though it was with his money) that was better than he could have gotten himself the amount, and tells Shimmers that she can come with if she would like, but that the crew has been down on their luck lately, and are unaware of where the Captain, Harla Quinn, has gone, and he tells her that their next goal is to raid Blackmane, mostly in hopes of gaining back his old friend and the ship's old lookout, Sleek Wind)

Lightning handed Cloud a map, which he began studdying. "The Isle of teeth is supposedly to the northeast.. its a long treck for most ships, but we have the air!" He pulled out his compass, "our heading is... That way!" Cloud pointed to the right.

[colour=#0000cd]Harla Quinn[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"To that way!"[/colour] Harla spun the steering wheel to the right, allowing it to make several full rotations before gripping it in her more-or less careful hooves once again. [colour=#0000cd]Dang! This ship's nice..[/colour] Flying over an obstacle which had caused her trouble in the past, Harla recalled the time when she tried taking[colour=#0000cd] [/colour]the reaper through the rocky area below. [colour=#0000cd]"So.. I totally call hacks right now! I tried taking the Reaper through here once.. BAD idea!! But flying an airship is like.. Doing it with cheat codes! I have GOT to get me one of these, Cloudy! If the Reaper didn't have so much sentimental value to me I'd get an airship in a heartbeat."[/colour] She looked down below to see a familiar, large rock "tooth." [colour=#0000cd]Oh, it's THAT rock.. right there, jutting out from the water like it never tried to kill me.. It almost caused me and the gang sinkage last time.[/colour]

(Harla heads in the direction that Captain Cloud Shimmers points out, flying over an obstacle (a rocky area) that sea ships would have to go through in order to get to the Isle of Teeth, where Harla and Cloud's crew are heading. Harla remissnesses about when she had to sail through it in her sea ship, the Reaper, and expresses her love of airships)