Teaser of newest Ponybeat (Thanks for 1000 Subscribers!)

Eurobeat Brony

hi hi

I would say you just about nailed the lyrics, but there's a few words that I can quite parse, specifically the part that goes "Luna won't you ___ for me." I can't decipher that word. There's a few other spots where I'm not confident I am hearing the words clearly. Maybe you should take it that with a grain of salt though, I'm usually very picky about vocals, and while the vocalist has a certain cramped feel that I cant quite put my finger on, its certainly not a deal breaker. ((I've heard lots of remixes and indie pieces where the lyrics made me press stop and delete)) Maybe some typed out lyrics would help?

The xylophone~esque part at the start kind of reminds me of the BGM from Luna's return, which was always a favorite of mine, though without the swelling strings section I couldn't tell if it was actually used as a reference or if I'm just imagining things.

Don't take the above rambling to mean that I don't like it though, I can't wait to hear the final version. :P

hi hi

I would say you just about nailed the lyrics, but there's a few words that I can quite parse, specifically the part that goes "Luna won't you ___ for me." I can't decipher that word. There's a few other spots where I'm not confident I am hearing the words clearly. Maybe you should take it that with a grain of salt though, I'm usually very picky about vocals, and while the vocalist has a certain cramped feel that I cant quite put my finger on, its certainly not a deal breaker. ((I've heard lots of remixes and indie pieces where the lyrics made me press stop and delete)) Maybe some typed out lyrics would help?

The xylophone~esque part at the start kind of reminds me of the BGM from Luna's return, which was always a favorite of mine, though without the swelling strings section I couldn't tell if it was actually used as a reference or if I'm just imagining things.

Don't take the above rambling to mean that I don't like it though, I can't wait to hear the final version. :P

Heya Ginger Mint! Here's the lyrics:

â€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Â

LYRICS:

For a thousand years

I've waited here for you

Waiting every night

For I thought you were the

answer to my life

Days turned into years

and into centuries

Patience had to fade

Don't you see that there is

vengeance in my eyes?

Luna don't you cry for me

I'm as lonely as I've ever been

I am forced back into the start

Is there any way to fix a broken heart?

Infinite despise

and endless jealousy

Bottled in my soul

Has erupted as I'm

tearing through the skies

â€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Ââ€â€Â

Eurobeat lyrics/vocalists are traditionally difficult to understand. If not for the speed of the music, then usually for their often-rich Italian accents. Even I don't come away unscathed~!

The vocals are kind of strained because I haven't sung in a while and my voice has more rust to it than the Titanic in battery acid. :oops: The piano in the intro is sort of coincidental, as I didn't reference her BGM music for this one. (Perhaps I should've?)

hi hi

Thanks for the lyrics! :D ((don't take my ramblings about the vocals too seriously, it may be that I'm just oddly particular about some things.))

Luna's story always resonated with me, I think in part because there are things about my past that I would like to believe could be redeemed. That being said, its interesting how the lyrics make it kind of ambiguous as to who's perspective they're coming from.

Also: I don't think you need to draw from the Luna's Return theme (unless you want to of course) I think it works well as is. :)

• 1 month later...