MLP Trivia Challenge

Chonico

Okay, so last night the Brony Meetup group here in my town had a Brony Challenge event. We sat down and watched all episodes. It was a lot of fun but we knew we needed to include some other things to hopefully help fend off sleep.

As such, I was put in charge of coming up with some trivia questions and conducting the whole trivia event. Questions ranged from common knowledge to obscure. Prizes were given out and everypony said they had a blast.

Thing is, I need ideas for some more questions for the next major Meetup. So I will post what I used for the challenge and I would really like it if you folks could throw in some ideas :kissy:

Also, for fun, have a go at it :)

This is what I came up with.

1 – For how many years was Nightmare Moon banished to the moon?

1000 years

2 – The Elements of Harmony are divided between the Mane Six, in the order they were challenged in the Everfree Forest, which pony has which element?

Applejack>Honesty, Fluttershy>Kindness, Pinkie Pie>Laughter, Rarity>Generosity, Rainbow Dash>Loyalty, and Twilight>Magic.

3 – In the episode of Ticket Master, how many total tickets did Princess Celestia send Twilight?

Seven Tickets: Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, AND Spike.

4 – In what episode did Fluttershy become famous for saying “yay”?

Sonic Rainbom

5 – In the episode of Look Before You Sleep, what were Twilight and Rarity doing when Applejack walked in on them?

They were giving each other makeovers.

6 – According to Applejack’s sleep deprived state in the episode of Applebuck Season, what goes into Pinkie Pie’s muffins?

Tater Chips, Soda, Cup of sour, and wheat worms(earth worms).

7 – Besides Applejack’s signature Stetson hat vanishing, what is the other most common animation error with Applejak?

Freckles vanishing

8 – In the episode of Winter Wrap Up, what 3 animals does Twilight runaway from?

Snakes, Bats, and Bees. She ends up in the skunk's den, but does run away.

9 – According to Pinkie Pie’s Pinkie Sense, in the correct order, what combo means beautiful rainbow?

Ear Flop, Knee Twitch, Eye Flutter.

10 – Rainbow Dash is the lovable daredevil of the group, what are her 4 signature stunts?

Super Speedy Strut, Fantastic Filly Flash, Buckaneer Blaze, and Sonic Rainboom.

Second Challenge

1 – In the episode of Over A Barrel, the Appleloosa ponies are in conflict with the Buffalo, why?

They planted an apple orchard on their traditional stampeding grounds.

2 – In the episode of Owl’s Well That Ends Well, what does Spike think Owllicious is trying to do?

Replace him as Twilight’s number 1 assistant.

3 – In the episode of May the Best Pet Win, Rainbow Dash’s ends up with a pet turtle, how does she resolve the flight issue?

Helicopter.

4 – In the episode of The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Rarity’s horn led her to her destiny, what was her destiny?

A rock.

5 – In the episode of Lesson Zero, Twilight uses a doll to make a friendship problem, what’s the doll’s name?

Smartypants.

6 – In the episode of Luna Eclipsed, Fluttershy is wearing what costume?

None, too afraid to go out.

7 – The song, Becoming Popular, was sung in which episode?

Sweet and Elite.

8 – Luna made her first appearance in the episode Friendship is Magic, part two. She made her second appearance in Luna Eclipsed. What else made a comeback during that same episode?

Shadowbolt (Rainbow's costume) and Nightmare Moon.

9 – Pinkie Pie tries to have a party by herself in Party of One. Who were her other five guests?

Gummy, Mr. Turnip, Rocky, Sir Lints-a-lot, and Madam LaFlour.

10 – In the episode of The Return of Harmony, Discord hid the elements from the Mane 6, What clue did he give them?

Twist and turns are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began.

Third Challenge

1 – In what episode did we hear Derpy (Ditzy Dew) speak?

The Last Round Up.

2 – What were Derpys’s (Ditzy Dew) first words?

I just don’t know what went wrong!

3 – Fluttershy attends a workshop to stop being a doormat. The workshop is run by who?

Iron Will.

4 – In the episode Family Appreciation Day, what season is it for the Apples?

Zap Apple Harvest and Jam season.

5 – In the episode Hurricane Fluttershy, Fluttershy is upset, why?

She’s afraid of ponies making fun of her for not being a good flier.

6 – Rainbow Dash reads a book, what’s the name?

Daring Doo and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone.

7 – Pinkie Pie loves to make ponies smile, and during her Smile Smile Smile song, her 5 friends pick her up and carry her, but when they change angles, only 4 are visible. Who gets cut out?

Rarity.

8 – According to the episode about Hearts Warming Eve, Equestria was created by which three leaders and their companions.

Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane and Private (Never referred to as anything but Private), and Chancellor Pudding Head and Smart Cookie.

9 – Princess Luna wasn’t the only celebrity at the Royal wedding reception, which other pony made an appearance our of thin air?

Dj-Pon3

10 – Last question will be an easy one, so we’ll get right to it. Who’s best pony?

They are all aweomse!

• Like 1

Hm...

They need to be harder. It would be nice if you could throw some fanon questions in... like, "What is the name of the most common "dark" fanfiction?" Answer would be Cupcakes. Considering they go out of their way to go to a meetup, I'm sure they've read fanfiction. Some of the obscure ones aren't exactly questions one would know, more something that you would have to look for. Questions about the cast would be nice, such as who is Rarity's singing voice actor, or who was the head designer or animator. I liked the bit about the animation error though. If you don't wish to include fanon questions, I can see why, as I imagine you're asking these in between episodes and most wouldn't pertain to the fanon.

Wow, cookie to whoever tells me how many times I used "fanon" in this post.

Hm...

They need to be harder. It would be nice if you could throw some fanon questions in... like, "What is the name of the most common "dark" fanfiction?" Answer would be Cupcakes. Considering they go out of their way to go to a meetup, I'm sure they've read fanfiction. Some of the obscure ones aren't exactly questions one would know, more something that you would have to look for. Questions about the cast would be nice, such as who is Rarity's singing voice actor, or who was the head designer or animator. I liked the bit about the animation error though. If you don't wish to include fanon questions, I can see why, as I imagine you're asking these in between episodes and most wouldn't pertain to the fanon.

Wow, cookie to whoever tells me how many times I used "fanon" in this post.

3. I'll take a chocolate chip.

A couple of these answers are technically wrong. First, Gummy isn't really a guest at Pinkie's party, since it's for him. I suppose he is the guest of honor, though. Also, the last answer is incorrect. Luna is best pony. :P