Name: Astral Romance /stage name Siren

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour:Teal

Coat colour:Ashy Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

ponyn.png

Physique:Fit, average mare build.

Cutie Mark: Two angel wings with a microphone superimposed on top of a star between them (Like a crest).

Origin/Residence: Born in Manehattan/ Raised in Canterlot/ Currently Resides in Manehattan

Motivation: Nothing in particular, she just loves to sing and perform. She's doing what she loves and that's enough for her.

Dislikes: Candy, being talked down to, excessive sunlight, being touched by strange ponies.

Character Summary:

History - When Astral was just a foal both of her parents passed away, luckily her older brother Cipher Solver was available to take her in. He brought her to Canterlot to live with him, and for a time all was good. Astral absorbed the high society culture easily, without a proper mother figure to teach her any sort of modesty, and a brother that really didn't pay her much mind, she fell in to a personal that she used to boost herself up and give her feelings of self importance. Within a few years her new persona had all but taken over, everypony was always ten feet below her in stature and nopony deserved to be in her good graces. As a young filly she had no friends, but many "minions", little colts and fillies who flocked to her simply because her coat was sparkly, her voice was moving, and her eyes were captivating. They never stayed around very long though, it didn't take long for them to figure out that their admiration was one-sided. The few who remained got to see the sliver of "nice Astral" that remained, but only when nopony was looking.

One evening her classes went on a field trip to Canterlot's Opera House to listen to a few songs and orchestral scores. When the lights shut off the the curtains opened, Astral Romance's ears were touched by the most beautiful sound she'd ever heard. The mare's voice was so powerful, yet so smooth and pretty. It was almost perfect, but it was missing something, there was no anger, or frustration, no pain. After the show, she simply couldn't stop thinking about the singer's voice. She decided to ask around about the mare, and after learning that the performer's name was Fairy Dancer and that she did live in Canterlot, Astral tracked her down. Surprisingly, Fairy Dancer wasn't put off by the fact that a young filly had tracked her down. After a little small talk Fairy invited Astral into her home for tea. Astral told her that she wanted to learn to sing like her. After a pointless inspection, the mare decided that Astral had the ability, but she wouldn't teach her until she knew why she wanted to learn. Astral returned day after day, the two eventually fell into a routine. Astral would come to Fairy's house and attempt to get singing lessons and Fairy would derail her attempts by asking a personal question and starting casual conversation. One day she asked Astral Romance why she didn't play like other colts and fillies. Astral responded by saying it was beneath her. The next day she asked about her parents. Dead, was all Astral said, she also said that it was okay because she lived with her brother. When asked about friends, she said that she had one, and a bunch of slack jawed followers. The questions served two purposes: One, to learn about the filly that had come to her and two, to get a reaction. Fairy Dancer had learned much about Astral, but she never got any sort of reaction from the filly.

Astral visited Fairy one day, only to find the front door of her house open and a soothing piano melody pouring out of the house. The filly crept through the house until she found the source of the music. Fairy Dancer looked up from her piano and stared at Astral. "I'll teach you." She said quietly.

And so Astral learned. Soon Astral had become the best singer in her school and she always nailed the lead roles and plays and choir performances, but what set her apart from the crowd was that she was the only filly her age without her cutie mark. Everypony picked on her once she had gotten to the age where a filly was expected to have a cutie mark. Once everyone had theirs, they didn't find anything special about her anymore, so she stopped receiving attention, her brother wasn't helping much either. His job was getting more demanding and he began to spend more time inside of his office, they didn't eat together anymore, he didn't complement her, or even look at her much these days. She left her house and went to Fairy's only to find a large foreclosed sign slapped across the door. With nopony to talk to and take her mind off of her feelings all she could do was wander the streets of Canterlot with her head down to the cobblestone.

It was all too much. She had nopony to confide in and she had never learned the best way to express her feelings. She sat outside of an instrument shop and cried her eyes out, and that's when she heard the strumming of an electric guitar. A pegasus colt about her age sat outside of the store, casually running his hoof across the powerful device, not making any melody in particular. Wiping her eyes dry, she trotted over to him, they shared a glance and he went right back to strumming. He began to play a few cords, on instinct Astral started to match the tones with her voice. Slowly, a crowd began to form around the two, but she didn't care. The power of the instrument combined with her voice was just so perfect. She let the music flow out of her; all of her confusion, sadness, and frustration vocalized and manifested without a single actual word being spoken. When all was said and done, the crowd dispersed leaving her and the guitarist with a nice pile of bits between them. She felt different, liberated. The guitarist stood up and introduced himself as Razor Gale, and she actually reciprocated. After some idle chit-chat he pointed to her flank and told her that she gotten her cutie mark while she was singing, but he had forgotten to mention it to her.

They told each other about themselves. Razor revealed that he had left his home to become a travelling guitar player. She envied him for having such freedom. The ability to travel around Equestria at a whim and leave places that you don't like sounded like the life to Astral. The filly closed her eyes and tried to imagine what it would be like to live so free.

"So, you wanna come wit me?" The colt said. Even though she was deep in thought, he didn't have to repeat himself.

She wasn't seen again for years until an album titled Black Sun by a rock group named Blackburn debuted in stores across Equestria. The cover depicting a young mare unicorn mare who went by the stage name Siren, a Pegasus with the stage name Sliver, and a Griffon with the stage name Freeflight. She never tried to return home, after all her brother didn't even bother to look for her after she left.

She's now the the lead singer of Blackburn and employed by Aether Flow records alongside Pound Sterling and Razor Gale.

Parents - Both pasted away when she was a foal. She was raised by her older brother Cipher Solver.

Flaws - Holds herself high and easily gets offended.

Personality - Haughty and somewhat volatile, though sweet and endearing in a "queenly" sort of way.

(SO LONG!! I wish I could write a one paragraph history and leave it be.)

Hi TotalEclipse!

This is a great app, all of the required fields are filled and aside from several misspelled words, this app is well written.

One thing that is completely missing (and I read through this app several times to see if I could find it) is her cutie mark story. The summary eludes to the fact that she was teased for not having hers yet, but then does not explain how she eventually got it. You really need to put that in.

Her lifestory has much sadness in it, but in my opinion, nothing out of the ordinary for the Mane RP universe.

I would suggest you proofread this app to correct the misspellings and then add the cutie mark story.

Other than those things, this app looks very solid!

:D:D:D

Hi TotalEclipse!

This is a great app, all of the required fields are filled and aside from several misspelled words, this app is well written.

One thing that is completely missing (and I read through this app several times to see if I could find it) is her cutie mark story. The summary eludes to the fact that she was teased for not having hers yet, but then does not explain how she eventually got it. You really need to put that in.

Her lifestory has much sadness in it, but in my opinion, nothing out of the ordinary for the Mane RP universe.

I would suggest you proofread this app to correct the misspellings and then add the cutie mark story.

Other than those things, this app looks very solid!

:D:D:D

Oh The cutie mark story is there, I just didn't make it grand or epic. And I think I fixed all the misused and misplaced words. My spell check isn't showing any errors, and my eyes don't see anything.

[colour=#282828]It was all too much, she had nopony to confide in and she had never learned the best way to express her feelings. She sat outside of an instrument shop and cried her eyes out, that's when she heard the strumming of an electric guitar. A pegasus colt about her age sat outside the store casually running his hoof across the powerful device, not making any melody in particular. Wiping her eyes dry, she trotted over to him they shared a glance and he went right back to strumming. He began to play a few cords, on instinct Astral started to match the tones with her voice. Slowly, a crowd began to form around the two, but she didn't care. The power of the instrument combined with the her voice was just so perfect. She let the music flow out of her, all of her confusion, sadness, and frustration vocalized and manifested without a single actual word spoken. When all was said and done, the crowd dispersed leaving her and the guitarist with a nice pile of bits between them. She felt different, liberated. The guitarist stood up and introduced himself as Razor Gale, and she actually reciprocated. After some idle chit chat he pointed to her flank and told her that she got her cutie mark while she was singing, but he had forgotten to mention it to her.[/colour]

She was just more focused on the moment and didn't really react to getting her cutie mark.