Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open)

Valencetiger

[colour=#ee82ee]Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

The closer the Princess examined the groups, with Glad's words in mind, the more she realized that he had a point, horrible to consider as it was. There seemed to be problems forming between the groups already- petty or otherwise they could become issues during the negotiations. And she somehow couldn't bring herself to trust Twilight's words. Something about what she was saying did not sit right with Cadence, her tone perhaps. Cadence couldn't let herself lose any of her spirit now. If she slipped up, all of Equestria might pay the fell price.

[colour=#ee82ee]"There is nothing we can do about it if true," [/colour][colour=#000000]Cadence whispered back. [/colour][colour=#ee82ee]"Best to hope that they shall be willing to hear one another out." [/colour][colour=#000000]Cadence nodded politely at everyone- since she wasn't sure about some of their importances, she felt it best to stay safe and just acknowledge them all, much like her aunties used to handle diplomacy...[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]Lypris (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"The Princess may be a liability should negotiations go wrong. I'll have contingency spells prepared to ensure she survives." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lypris didn't really care about Dopple insulting the griffons. They were mangy beasts anyways, and she saw no harm in properly denouncing them. She was a bit miffed at Free for demeaning her superior like that, but she held her tongue. She was probably the lowest ranking Changeling present. No need to draw undo attention to herself if it could have ruined her Queen's plans.[/colour]

[colour=#ffd700]Fluttershy (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sister Fluttershy had many things in her past to regret. When her friends had stayed, had fought for what the believed in during the GEF insurrection, Fluttershy had run. She had been unable to handle it, her instincts had kicked in and she had abandoned Ponyville and her friends. She had regretted it almost immediately, tried to return, but then Ponyville had been destroyed. She had been unable to find her friends, and had known that it was all her own fault. Hating herself and hating herself for hating herself, she had run off to a place that Twilight had told her about once, a long time ago it seemed. She had donned gray robes, hidden away her shame, become a monk in service to the ponies of Starlight Hill. Where she could hide away from what the world had become. And now it seemed that world was slowly coming back to her.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Fluttershy approached the factions as they began forming up, her countenance hidden beneath the fold of her hood. She saw old faces that made her heart skip a beat or two. Twilight, AJ, Cadence... it was amazing for her to see them, even if she dared not reveal herself to them. She wasn't sure she could take the questions that would come with a reintroduction. So she shadowed the groups as they trotted along, a mysterious mare in a monk's uniform.[/colour]

(OOC: you'll see.)

[colour=#daa520]Alpha inForce[/colour]

Baxter sneered at the changeling; however, free was right and Baxter would not be the one to ruin these peace talks. "Fine," he said angrily. "There wont be any more problems with my griffons unless something drastic happens."

He turned to Doppleganger and figured that this entire ordeal was better off dropped. "Apology accepted."

Gilda watched free as he trotted of to nip the tension in the bud by addressing Twilight personally. A smart plan she thought. Today seemed to be going well, hopefully everyone would just talk, and then she could get a big ol plate of whatever they were going to eat today. She was feeling good. Her eyes scanned Twilight's party, a few faces she didn't recognize... a white unicorn, some pink hair filly, a rainbow maned pegasus...a rainbow maned pegasus! It took a moment for the gears to turn in her head but when they did- [colour=#daa520]"YOU!"[/colour] She yelled as she jumped up and flew over the to mare.

Quick Scope look over at Baxter with a smirk on her face. "Does that count as drastic?"

Baxter could only grind his face in his hands, this meeting did not seem like a good idea.

[colour=#b22222]Lypris (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lypris sidled up to her superior as she was commanded, protectively flanking him as if the others present might start attacking them at any moment. [/colour][colour=#b22222]"It's my job, sir." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lypris wouldn't have been surprised if at least three of the factions present went straight for Cadence once the negotiations broke down. She'd be facing some of the most powerful mages in the land... she hoped her own defensively oriented magic was enough to make sure the Changelings came out with Cadence in the end. [/colour][colour=#b22222]"What else should I bear in mind in the event of negotiations breaking down? Protect the Princess, yes. Anything else?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Patriarch Karrthus[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Pfft, mingle they said, nopony in their right mind would approach me."[/colour] Karrthus said jokingly, but with a hint of real sadness in his voice.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well then, you approach them. No doubt Twilight probably wouldn't even flinch at your form if she in fact did defeat Red Fox."[/colour] Kaalia stated as if what said was obvious.

Karrthus looked down on the the broodmother, she was just barely as large as Cadence and she was telling him to leave her side in a room full of powerful enemies. He raised his eyebrow and formed his lips to make a protest.

Kaalia cut him off before he could get a word in edgewise.[colour=#ff8c00] "I already know what you're about to say and just don't. Have you forgotten who taught you how to kick flank? Beside if things go south the dragoons are at my side and the Praetorians are outside."[/colour] She smiled up at him and gently pushed him forward with her head. [colour=#ff8c00]"Now go, talk with the other leaders."[/colour]

The massive creature nodded, thanking her silently. He began to walk forward and the crowd of ponies split before him a forked river. Many gasps, and mumbles followed in his wake. He scanned the room looking over all the faces present. His predatory sense picked up the voices of the ponies he was looking for, peering over the crowd he saw Twilight and Applejack, their movements calming and familiar...it was them. His eye caught something skulking in the shadows of the crowds, a monk. A mare with familiar movement patterns. He'd have to track her down later, but for now, he was focused on the task at hand. Passing by several mumbling ponies he finally reached the Leaders of the Federation, and the Loyalists. One of the ponies was already introducing himself to Twilight. Karrthus approached them, his massive figure towering over them, and knelt down on one knee. He gathered up his composure and put on his best poker face.

[colour=#800080]"Nice to finally meet you all face to face,"[/colour] his voice boomed with magical might. [colour=#800080]"I am Patriarch Karrthus, Co-leader of the LEH."[/colour] He extended his massive claws out to both Twilight and Free. Hopefully they wouldn't take this as an act of hostility.

(phone again)

Freed raised an eyebrow as the patriarch greeted him and Twilight, accepting the shake. "Free Quickhoof. Leader of the RLF." He hadn't really known much of the LEH before, and was a bit surprised by what he saw. "I take it you are a dragon then?" The stallion said, hoping he wouldn't offend the giant if he got it wrong.

Nearby Applejack had just seen Gilda's outburst, and was trotting over to try and diffuse the situation. "Oh boy." She whispered to herself as she realized it was Rainbow Dash. Of course, she was sort of on Gilda's side here, but she decided it would be best for everypony if the two didn't rip eachother's heads off before the meeting even began.

Twilight gave a wry, tired smile to Free, taking his hoof and shaking it. At least this stallion knew what was at stake here...maybe these negotiations would work out after all. Dipping her head respectfully, she nodded at his words. [colour=#ff0000]"Yes...an honor to meet you as well, Mr. Rapidhoof. I...am awfully sorry that I couldn't depose the Red Fox sooner...but everything had to be perfect to take on the endeavor. As you can see...I am still rather weak from that confrontation. I am just glad that you were able to escape that bleak Nightwatch Prison and be here today." [/colour]After extending those words to the RLF leader, she turned to look at the clawed hand of Karrthus. Those purple scales...and those eyes, they felt so...familiar. She took one of the hands and gently shook it.

[colour=#ff0000]"...yes, I suppose it is. I just hope our subordinates can keep themselves under control in the meantime." [/colour]As soon as the words came out, her eyes looked over to see Gilda charging at Rainbow Dash, and a frown appeared on her face.

Dopple walked over to Twilight lypis in tow. "It is sooo nice to meet you miss Sparkle. You must be so happy to know that your sister-in law is still alive. It's a good thing we were able to find her no?" He gave her a sneer smile. "It's a good thing you got rid of the red fox when you did. Why that crazy pony had the nerve to threaten my people before showing me his hideous face."

He chuckled in his min saying to Lypis. "Are you enjoying this as much I am"

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes as the griffin flew over, ready to dodge if any blows were swung against her. She just knew that Gilda would come back to get her one day...maybe today was that day. Well...she wouldn't go down without a fight! As soon as the thought crossed her mind, she felt a lurching, mind-numbing sickness, dropping down and vomiting onto the marble floor. As if in response, the monk named Waltz came over and lifted the mare up, giving her a disapproving look.

[colour=#808080]"...we meant what we said about punishment, Miss Dash. Mind your thoughts and words...this is a peaceful sanctuary." [/colour]As soon as the pegasus was on her hooves, Waltz moved away to join with her fellow monk, Sparrow.

Twilight gave the changeling a glance, sniffing a bit and then went back to the familiar-feeling dragon, ignoring the changeling's words. She tried to peer into the darkness of the hood, to see who exactly this dragon was. [colour=#ff0000]"...have we met somewhere before, Master Karrthus...? It seems like I should know you from somewhere...but I can't tell what it is." [/colour]Her blood-violet colored eyes narrowed slightly, studying the creature before her. Looking over to where Rainbow Dash collapsed and grew sick, she made a note on what aggression did to a pony while within the effects of this spell. Perhaps, if things turn wrongly, she could use that to her advantage...

"Yes....." Free trailed off as Doppler walked over. His face drained of colour as he greeted Twilight, visually taunting her. Was the changeling trying to destroy even the slightest chance of peace? The stallion glared at him coldly, before looking back at Twilight. He rolled his eyes, trying to apologize for the changeling's rude behaviour. "So Miss Sparkle, may I ask what you were doing while the war raged? I mean no offence, I only wondered what your reaction to the downfall of the monarchy was of all ponies. If my sources are correct, Celestia was in fact your mentor once, was she not?" Free asked, a curious expression adorning his face.

Twilight turned to address Free, and for once, her face showed genuine sadness. How to begin...and what to come up with. Sighing, she began her explanation. [colour=#ff0000]"...it was shortly after the Royal Wedding, and I was digging through the Royal Archives after a tip I had received from one of the librarians. They found an ancient codex filled with locations of magical importance and knowledge, and so...I knew that I had to look at those places, I had to see the world. So, I told my teacher Celestia the reason for me leaving...and I left soon afterward." [/colour]That particular piece of information wasn't a lie, it was the full-honest truth. [colour=#ff0000]"...I didn't return until after the Revolution, about five years ago. I learned about what happened to the Princesses...the Principality...and everything else. So, I did the only thing I could do...I joined the GEF. The Red Fox wanted to keep me a secret, a special tool for it to use. Of course, it didn't realize that the very secrecy it gave me would turn out to be its undoing." [/colour]

Looking off in the direction where Equinia would be in, she narrowed her eyes. [colour=#ff0000]"...five long years of planning came to fruition four days ago, and the Tyrant was dethroned. In order to defeat it, I had to absorb some of its magic...thus my physical changes. The very exertion has weakened me greatly, and it could take weeks, months maybe to recover. So, I took the opportunity to try to establish peace...before anything could happen." [/colour]She looked back at Free, her red-violet eyes locked firmly on his. [colour=#ff0000]"...does that sate your curiosity?"[/colour]

"Quick Scope can you PLEASE bring Gilda back here." Baxter said, still grinding his face in his palms.

"No problem." Quick Scope replied.

"Gilda, calm down, don't do anything that could compromise the negotiations." She said to the furious b**** next to her. They glided sided by side while Gilda fumed.

[colour=#DAA520]"I just want to talk to her, I just want to talk to her."[/colour] Gilda said as convincingly as she could.

Quick Scope looked unconvinced and unimpressed.

[colour=#DAA520]"I just want to punch her..."[/colour] Soon as the words came out of her mouth, Gilda's stomach feel like it had been run through a drying machine. She nearly puked he guts out, but managed to keep her food down. Instead she dropped from the air like stone. Luckily for her Quick Scope was there to catch her.

Applejack growled the changeling's comment, she had had enough of him. "Oh will you shut it? All you've tried to do since you got here is annoy everypony even more! Now if you don't be quiet I'm gonna......." The mare lurched over, her stomach churning. Fortunately she hadn't eaten beforehand, but that didn't stop her from wretching violently.

Over in the GEF group, Free caught Twilight's stare and matched it with his own. The tention in the air was electrifying. "Yes, Miss Sparkle. Sorry if I struck a nerve there." Free replied in an emotionless tone, putting on his poker face.

Taking Frees tiny hoof in his claws he gave a soft polite nod.[colour=#800080] "Yes, you'd be correct. From the eastern borders of Equestria. The Loyalist fight a brave fight." [/colour]He said. [colour=#800080]"Though after what happened in those cities I'm not surprised that the Princesses were dethroned."[/colour] His spoke carefully making sure his voice reflected both the respect he had for the RLF and his understanding of that what happened was inevitable.

Karrthus shrunk back into his hood a little as Twilight tried to get a better look at him. [colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"...have we met somewhere before, Master Karrthus...? It seems like I should know you from somewhere...but I can't tell what it is."[/colour]

YES! Karrthus wanted to yell. But he knew that now was not the time so he had to lie...The fact that it was to Twilight made it so much harder. [colour=#800080]"No, not unless you spent some time on the eastern edges of Equestrian exploring dragon nests."[/colour] He chuckled at him self to hide the lump in his throat.

Free asked the question that was on the dragon's mind since he had heard she was alive. He listened contently as she told her story. He knew the first part so he knew that was no lie, but everything after she left just seemed so wrong...Twilight was lying to Free and Karrthus knew it. The body language was obvious to him. But why, what was she hiding? He'd find out later, after negotiations.

Karrthus wanted to laugh, the scene was all to familiar. Applejack and Rainbow Dash in a bad situation because they couldn't hold their tongues. Yeah that use to be really common.

Sighing, Twilight accepted the RLF leader's apology. She had gotten ahead of herself...caught in her own story. It did not matter, though...it only solidified the tale. [colour=#ff0000]"...so, I am going to assume that one of your terms is for Cadence to be put on a throne?" [/colour]She directed the question to Free, but didn't truly expect an answer. It wasn't about digging up information on what the RLF would propose, for she already guessed that it would be one of the inevitable terms...something that she simply could not do. All her work to remove the monarchy, only to put up another one? That wasn't going to happen...not while she or most of Equestria breathed.

Free was interrupted from his thoughts by Twilight's question. "Yes of course, but this time the princess will have to pass all laws and decrees through a parliamentary system, which will include citizen elected ponies." He replied, already guessing from the mare's tone that she was against it. Free chuckled a bit. "But I doubt we will win. I am no more a politician than you are a griffon." He added, frowning at Applejack, who was now picking herself off the floor. "Lousy munks magic spell....." She grumbled to herself, shooting Dopple a look that could slice a mountain in half.

[colour=#b22222]Lypris (Starlight Hill) [/colour]

Lyrpis let herself be dragged about by Dopple, not particularly concerned about her own thoughts at the moment as she let herself be taken over by the unique Changeling tendency to become a virtual object for their superior. Her thoughts became partially Dopple's, she felt his irritation, his annoyance with the others for not humoring his humor and instead being petty. Lypris was annoyed, wanted nothing more than to speak up on her superior's behalf, but she was still reluctant to say anything that might result in the Changelings being further discredited. Not that her superior wasn't already doing a good job of that, but it wasn't Lypris' place to correct Dopple's faux pases.

She finally slipped out of her hive mind and thus Dopple's grip when he sat down. She approached Applejack calmly. [colour=#b22222]"You alright? Here."[/colour] Lypris held one of her forehooves out, it was glowing slightly.[colour=#b22222] "My magic can ail most ailments. Helping the body help itself is a defensive magic, after all."[/colour] She kept up communication with Dopple through the hive mind:

[colour=#b22222]"I'll try to talk around a bit, sir. Don't stress yourself, or I'll need to give you my magic too."[/colour]

[colour=#ee82ee]Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

Who the hay were these people, anyways? Cadence hadn't even known that the dragons were interested in the fate of Equestrians. She heard out the tale of Twilight with some suspicion. It didn't really add up. The Twilight she remembered would never have given the time of day to the slayers of her mentor... But Cadence cast it from her thoughts. She wasn't sure what Twilight was up to, yes. But Twilight's good side was critical to the success of any treaty, since the GEF held most of the power at this summit. Cadence would have to trust Twilight with her life, and the life of her kingdom, and appeal to her honestly. She trotted next to Free, sensing the tension from him:

[colour=#ee82ee]"You alright sir?"[/colour] She whispered into his ear. She then looked directly at Twilight, for the first time since they had arrived. Cadence tried to keep her tone even. [colour=#ee82ee]"Frankly, my reinstatement will probably be a symbolic motion. In reality, I would not have the power. I would rather trust it to more experienced ponies."[/colour]

[colour=#ffff00]Fluttershy (Starlight Hill)[/colour]

Fluttershy followed close on the heels of Sister Waltz, spoke to Rainbow Dash coolly. There was a hint of the old demure mare's voice in there, but it was mostly quashed by the power afforded her voice by years of hard discipline and training under the Order.

[colour=#ffff00]"Forgive Sister Waltz. We are simply trying to keep the peace in this sanctuary."[/colour] With a stomp of a forehoof most of the vomit that had been cast by the others onto the ground was gone.