Wubby Road Trip! With Pie! [Appleoosa][Closed]

Imagination

Inky_Pie.png

This was so exciting! But at the same time, nerve wracking Did she remember to lock the door? Turn off the lights? Did she make sure to tell somepony where she was going? Oh Celestia, she didn't leave the stove on did she?

Oh jeeze... She wasn't supposed to worry! This was supposed to be a fun trip with her sisters and their friend! They had the enigmatic DJ Pon3 with them, she had to play it cool! Taking a deep breath, all possible worries flushed from her mind. This was going to be awesome! The more and more she thought about it, the more excited she got.

Inkie Pie departed the train when they arrived, taking a moment to stretch her legs and take in that fresh... dusty air. Her first breath managed to be during a little sand gust, causing the monotone pony to start coughing a bit. Wee, Appleoosa! It wasn't all bad! It's a new place, and when she heard about Pinkie's last trip with her friends it seemed pretty neat.

All things considered this was pretty exciting! All they had to do was meet up with Agate and this trip could get started! It was going to be so nice to have everypony together. [colour=#808080]"Pinkie!"[/colour] she called out behind her, though knowing her sister she was probably going to be right behind her. No calling needed. [colour=#808080]"Do you remember where we're going? You've been here before"[/colour] though hopefully there'd be a lot less pie fights with native buffalo Though when she heard that story she couldn't help but giggle. If only all war could be fought with pie. Delicious!

Well, in one way or another there was Pie in Appleoosa and they were going to make the most of it before they left!

2diD4.png

Pinkie Pie emerged behind her sister, stuffing an apple-berry ice cream sherbet cone in her face. [colour=#ED458B]"Mrrrfphf! Of course I know where we're going, silly! I've got the map right here! See?!" [/colour]A gust of dusty wind caught her off guard, and the map unfolded like a kite. She held fast to the parchment, bits of her frozen, gooey treat spattering onto the delicate inkwork. She shook her curly pink mane, ungracefully stepping on a passing tumbleweed. [colour=#ED458B]"We'll have to go this way, around the chocolate sprinkle. Oh...that's either a cherry berry juice stain or Town Hall. I always get the two confused! Oops, I'm holding it upside down! Silly me!" [/colour]Pinkie trotted next to her sister, her new tumbleweed "boot" ruffling dryly around her ankle as she flipped her map right side up. She had her snout planted firmly in her map, so she didn't seem to notice. Several scoops of her frozen treat plopped sadly into the dust. Again, she didn't seem to notice.

The pink mare looked up, blinking her large, light-blue eyes. [colour=#ED458B]"Where is Miss Wubs, anyway? I offered to let her stay in my saddlebag, but she didn't seem excited to take up my offer after the picnic incident." [/colour] Pinkie giggled. [colour=#ED458B]"She's a silly pony! Oh Miss Wubsypoo! Don't get let left on the tra~in! It's a long, long ride back to Ponyville! Just ask Rarity about that, sometime!" [/colour]she said cheerfully.

" [colour=#800080]Don't you worry about me, Pinks, not gonna lose me easily[/colour]! " came a playful response to the Pink ponies comment, as the white DJ mare steps out behind them with a small exhaled sigh of distinct satisfaction, nudging her shades a little as she settled back on terra firma once more.

Vinyl couldn't ever help but smile a little as she listened to the enthusiastic bubbles of conversation from her occasional friend and acquaintance, Pinkie pie, whom had just happened to offer her a l'il time out some time ago when they'd had some conversation so long ago that she could barely even remember when...all that mattered right now was that she was here, she was in relatively good hooves, and that all of her gear was floatin' alongside her as she struts casually after the others.

"[colour=#800080] So, Hey Pinkster.[/colour] " Vinyl calls out to the occupied pink dynamo. " [colour=#800080]If ya need somepony to hold the map a moment, I could do that...[/colour] " She chuckles as she looks around at their destination, giving a soft smile as she takes in the scenery - this wasn't a locale she came to all that much, and for the most part it was a nice change of pace. 'course, she was still more of a more 'active civilisation' pony, but this place didn't seem too bad to at least enjoy a little downtime in with some friends in search of a good time and some casual fun...and of course, she'd brung her kit to help double that fun whenever she could.

" [colour=#800080]Well, may as well figure out where we head to from here[/colour]! " Vinyl speaks again, looking at the other two. " [colour=#800080]So where we stayin' anyway[/colour]?[colour=#800080] I wanna drop this stuff off soon [/colour]" Her question was asked with a small smirk on her features as she looked back at the pink party pony expectantly - not entirely sure what to expect of her...and in all honesty, liking it that way - at least it made being around the fuzzy explosion of a pony interesting.

Inky_Pie.png

Pinks... Pinkster... She would feel weird if she called her sister that. She still called her 'Pinkamena'... But only when she was being annoying. Oddly enough, there was Pinkie being normal and there was Pinkie being annoying. Though if she told anypony that they'd never believe the normal part.

All that, and her trying to read the map wasn't all that assuring. She watched the ice cream, she tried to keep dust out of her eyes, and she tried to take a peek at the map to make sense of it.[colour=#808080] "Pinkie Pie, are you sure?"[/colour] She didn't mean to be a Negative Nancy, but...

Oh, there's 'Miss Wubs'! She had never met the DJ before, but certainly had heard of her. She still had a nasty habit of calling her 'Miss Scratch'. [colour=#808080]"Did you enjoy the ride, Miss Scratch?"[/colour] See? Always in the formal with Inkie. She needed to loosen up a little! But once they met up with their sister, they could start this trip in earnest! She kept her mind on that, and how much fun they were going to have. At the very least, it put a big smile on her face.

Untitled.png

Agate had been waiting on pins and needles for their appearance and she grinned seeing both sisters and their DJ friend arrive, she giggled watching and listening for a moment before approaching them with a wave of her hoof “Inky! Pinky! Over here!” She called out and was soon in front of them “It’s so good to see you two! And it’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance as well “She added to the Dj Pony “My place is just a trot away and Dinner is already on the stone, so you’ll have time to wash up before we eat”

They were going to spend the night at her place then continue their road trip the next morning, Agate was a little unsure about all of this but it was a adventure so how could she deny it? Plus it would really be wonderful to spend time with her sisters again! She missed Pinkies enthusiasm and Inky’s shy quiet attitude, she missed how they used to play and frolic like silly fools among the rocks!

And now they were here with their DJ friend whom Agate hadn’t the pleasure of meeting yet “It’s such a pleasure to meet you miss, my name is Agate, I hope your ride with my sisters was pleasant?” She asked since her sisters COULD be..difficult company to others at times.

Dapper Dan was taking a quick trip down to the train station that day. He wanted to get his ticket early...it was just habit of his. Part of him was still "big city", still stuck in the Fillydelphian mindset of "get your tickets early, the line's always long." He wasn't leaving for another two days, where he'd take his monthly trip back home to visit for a few days with his parents, where he'd then see about taking a trip out to the Nimbusgait Lakes afterwards.

The brown barber was in high spirits, singing quietly to himself as he walked. It was something he often did when he was happy, as he loved singing. "The friends the trustiest, way back ho~ome...the trees are the sappiest, the days are the nappiest..."

His walking brought him to the ticket booth and he smiled at the pony at the desk. "Hi! One for Fillydelphia, the express leaving two days from now," he asked. The stallion got his ticket while Dapper Dan pulled a pouch of bits out of his shirt pocket, setting it on the counter, all through the use of his red ochre magic. He paid for his ticket and was just putting his bits and ticket back in his pockets when he heard some commotion from the train that'd just come in. Among the usual travellers and occasional visitors, three ponies stepped off near him. Two he recognized immediately, not out of any personal knowing of them. But being from Fillydelphia one doesn't quickly forget one of Equestria's premiere DJs,

The other he would never have recognized if it hadn't been for a chat with the Sheriff a ways back at his barbershop...

[colour=#8B4513]"Don't git me wrong, folks. Pinkie Pie's a true hero of Equestria and all, but when she started beltin' out a tune singin' in front of us townsfolk and the buffalo, NEITHER side liked it. In fact, that was bout the only thing Chief Thunderhooves and I agreed on up to that time, that it was the worst performance we'd ever seen."[/colour]

He remembered the articles he'd read around town on it as well. And come on...what other name could a pony who was pink-on-pink be called? Sure enough, his suspicions were confirmed when he overheard the younger one, the one he didn't recognize, speak up.

The pink one appeared to be lost, looking over a map, so Dapper Dan started to trot over. He was beaten to the punch by a younger filly he hadn't noticed on the platform, but to avoid looking awkward, he kept walking over anyways, a smile on his face. "Hey there!" he said happily. From Dan's voice, it was clear he wasn't an Appleoosian native, his voice only carrying a slight twang to it. "Y'all-" that being one of the only bits of slang he ended up using from around here, and the one thing that made him sound like an Appleoosian, "-look like you're a bit lost, or new to town. I'm Dapper Dan, welcome to Appleoosa. Figure I might as well say hi, before the official town greeter catches wind that you guys are here," he said with a warm laugh.

"Braeburn's a great pony and all, just really, really enthusiastic about showing folks around," he explained. He figured, just in case he was wrong, that he wouldn't let on that he thought he recognized Pinkie...even just through hearsay. Not to mention, it'd be kinda awkward to explain.

Pinkie Pie nodded at her sister, giggling. [colour=#ED458B]"Sure I'm sure! Surerer than surely!" [/colour]Pinkie considered for a moment, then randomly hopped on Vinyl's back, holding her drippy ice cream cone in one hoof, her map in the other. [colour=#ED458B]"Heeheehee! I'm riding the beat! Aahahaha! Giddy up, WubsyWub!" [/colour]She dug her back hooves into Vinyl's sides (the tumbleweed was still stuck to her right hoof), her ice cream cone dripping liberally. Another scoop of the apple-berry sherbet slipped off the cone, [colour=#ED458B]"Whoops! Sorry about that! You know me, I like to share! Hahahahehehehoohohohoo!!" [/colour]Pinkie looked down from her "mount" at the newcomer. Dapper Dan definitely looked like he was from around here. She smiled widely at him as she heard his introduction, waving with her full hooves. [colour=#ED458B]"[/colour][colour=#ED458B]Ooh, lookie! Hi there Dippy Dan! Oh erm...excuse me! Hoooow~dy, Dappy Dippy! Or was it Dap Dip Doody Do?"[/colour] The pink mare's map opened up and flapped around in the dusty gusty wind..

[colour=#ED458B]"Lost? Nah! I've been here before!" [/colour]She poked her hoof down on the parchment firmly to keep it from flapping around. [colour=#ED458B]"This is strictly for reference! We're trying to find our way to, um...past the sprinkle here and the cherry smudge! Yip yip, Miss Wubs!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie bucked up and down on her friend's back, bidding her to carry her along. She was Celestia-awful heavy, and her bouncing up and down probably wasn't going to help matters. [colour=#ED458B]"Shake it, shake it, shake it! Aww yeah!"[/colour]

Truth be told, Vinyl had tuned out a teensy bit - her mind a little distracted by the surrounding environment...there was a pretty hot temperature, which was almost akin to the heat of manehattans most popular club, TrailBlazers, where it was quite often known for having plenty of fogged up windows at the end of a night through the sheer levels of activity. It was only once she heard Agate speaking to her that she shook out of her mometary daze and straightened her shades as though she had simply been quietly thinking...she didn't wanna appear rude or anything to her friends sis.

"[colour=#800080] Awesome, I could seriously pack away a good ol' lunch right about now... [/colour]" the Unicorn says, a grin on her features as she took stock of the situation.

" [colour=#800080]Your sisters - Got no complaints...I've known Pinks for a while, so I figure her family's gotta be okay too - Looks like that was a pretty accurate guess[/colour]! "

She paused after her comment, glancing towards the approaching pony with a raised eyebrow, saying nothing much for a moment as he spoke his hellos and addresses the group, giving a quick wave with a hoof and a bemused shrug as she found herself focusing more on the accent than she was the words - since he seemed far more interested in Pinkie at that current momet, Vinyl simply let that conversation continue for it's duration, and perhaps Zoning out a little in her own mind.

This is why it suddenly surprised Vinyl a little once she felt a weight hit her back...she backs up, almost losing her composure as Pinkie settled onto her like a cowboy boarding a steed - To say that this was something that Vinyl could have ever seen coming would have been to assume she was a mind reader.

" [colour=#800080]WOAH, WHA'[/colour]?! " She exclaims in surprise, before looking back over her shoulder at the grinning pink pony, and offers a grin of her own as she neighs exhaggeratedly, rearing up a little on her rear legs...flopping back down onto all fours with a loud gigglesnort as she shook her head and made her horn glow a little stronger in an effort to make sure she didn't lose her hold over her currently-levitating gear. " [colour=#800080]WOOOO....Ride on, pinky, Ride ooon[/colour]! "

Vinyl wasn't the type to bother thinking about pinkies methods - she knew enough about the pink pony to know that she rarely made much sense anyway.

" [colour=#800080]Okay, everypony...then if we're all set, we should all probably make our way outta here, an' onwards[/colour]! " She calls out to the others. " [colour=#800080]Let's do this thing[/colour]! "