Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

>[colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] and[colour=#800080] Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, LEH camp with Draco)

[colour=#800080]"No, nothing like that. Though something like that is definitely possible. These are just charged gems. Every dragon has an elemental affinity and an elemental weakness. The entire system is pretty much random so there is no way to predict it before the hatchling manifests its element."[/colour] He said as he bit into a gem. [colour=#800080]"But, I have learned that if you charge a gem with elemental energies they taste amazing to dragons that share the gems element, but they taste like s--- to dragons who are weak against that element. So you should at least try them all, that way you know what hits you the hardest."[/colour] His eyes narrowed as he stared the the fire enchanted gem, then he stared back up at Draco.[colour=#800080] "And before you ask, yes. A dragon can be weak against fire."[/colour]

(OOC: but feel free to think of it as picking elements, that's basically what i'm trying to see here)

------------

>[colour=#daa520]Gilda[/colour] and [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equinia, RLF camp)

Gilda smiled at the little filly. Inside she was glad that her actions helped the kid find her voice, even if it was only for a single word. Though she'd never say that out loud, she didn't want Baxter or the rest of the team to think that she was going soft or something. [colour=#daa520]"You seem like a pretty cool kid Replica. I'll let you slid with the shy act because it suits you."[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"I apologize Replica, I forgot how Tech felt about changelings. He doesn't have a very good track record with them."[/colour] Quick Scope said kindly.

[colour=#daa520]"No excuse, look at her, she is way too young to have had anything to do with what happened to him."[/colour] Gilda had her fair share of hatred for the changelings, but her vengeance was focused and she only sought to settle her score with the insects on the battlefield. They had taken more than her wing, they took her pride, and she would fight their entire army to have it back. Gilda had her claws on Replica's back, while the griffon sank deeper into thought she began to methodically tap on the filly's chitin carapace. Her face folded up into a scowl, the quickly returned to normal. She stood up and stretched out her wings and popped her back.

[colour=#daa520]"So QS, the heck are we suppose to do with her? I have absolutely no experience with entertaining twerps." [/colour]she said playful.

[colour=#222222]

>Replica RLF Camp

"T-That man was mad at me..." Replica said quietly. She sat up figuring she needed to do something. She gave Gilda one last nuzzle before hopping off the bed. She didn't know if the two griffons were gonna go with her since she wasn't going far. They were very nice so she definetly intended to come back "I need to say sorry." She said this in a soft yet determined voice. She knew that she herself had done nothing to Tech. But she understood that the hive did things together, so she is just as responsible for what they did to Tech. She trotted cutely out of the room in the direction that Tech went until she found him.[/colour]

Draco tentatively chewed the fire gem... it was a spicy flavor.. he did not dislike it... but he did not like it either... he shook his head he took the water one it was a watery taste of course... it was okay but he did not like it... he bit on the regenerate gem it tasted a bit like dirt he set it back down... the white gem tasted like steam... he bit down on the lightning gem and smiled [colour=#008000]"Quite a Tang on this one mm"[/colour] he said as he moved to the last gem and bit down and immediately spit it out. [colour=#008000]"that one.. i don't like.."[/colour] he said shaking his head... [colour=#008000]"got more of the lightning ones?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

~Misery, at the Ruins of the Royal Hive~

The smell of blood and death hung on the air, fresh and ripe from the events earlier this evening. Changeling corpses laid strewn about the wreckage of buildings and walls like rag dolls, their faces permanently warped into exp<b></b>ressions of fear, pain, and anguish. The scene was horrible beyond what Misery could have imagined...so many innocents. Gone. Even worse...she was going to do something far more evil to them before the sun rises again. The soldiers of her Father's army scrounged through the debris, dragging out corpses and placing them stretched out on the ground. Shaking her head, she turned her eyes from the grisly view before her, and moved slowly toward the nearly-intact inner circle of the former Hive. At the very center of the ring stood a large, black-stone altar, with a gigantic rotating purple crystal hanging above the platform. Several of the Crystal Empire ponies turned and looked her way, their helmets off and revealing their shiny, crystalline faces. Each one of them had grim exp<b></b>ressions...none of them had liked doing this. Nonetheless, their King had demanded it, and they were to obey. Perriot wasn't like the former King Sombra...he was their rightful ruler, for they had maintained their oaths to the True Blood Lineage from the elder days. Bowing respectfully as Misery approached the altar, they made a path for the dangerously-pretty Alicorn, whispering titles or praises as she passed. She ignored all of them.

A chained form came into sight, an equine body tied in magical bindings to the wicked-looking altar, the figure's form breathing raggedly. As she came up onto the stage, the creature gave her an accusatory stare, disbelief alit in his eyes as he saw her. "...of all who I expected would do this to me...I never thought that it would be you..." Despair's voice was a rasp, a pale version of its former self. His sister, his twin since birth, smiled sadly and gently stroked a loose strand of mane from her brother's eyes. After his battle with the Changeling Queen, Chrysalis, he had laid critically wounded, his magical strength almost completely gone. Chrysalis and a few of her subjects had escaped...and now, Misery was about to lose her brother. No! I will not let that happen! She shook her head once more and whispered in a soothing voice. "...it isn't my choice, brother. I can't bear to lose you, I simply can't. This is the only way I can..." She choked on her own words, biting down on her lower lip as she turned away. Despair eyed her serenely, searching her for anything she may be hiding.

"...what do you plan to do, Misery? What...is your plan here with...this stone?" "I...you have to trust me." The skyline began to glow at it's edges, a sign of the sun beginning to rise. The ritual had to be completed perfectly...or it will not work. Turning back to her brother, she closed her eyes as a few stray tears trailed down her cheeks, and she mouthed an apology to him as her horn began to glow with a fiendish, violet light. The crystal above Despair began to rotate, faster and faster until it moved as fast as a drill, a brilliant shine emminating from its center. A couple moments passed, the horizon obtaining more colour as the night sky was pushed away. Suddenly, the first light of dawn appeared, and the crystal gleamed to an almost blinding blaze. Grimacing, Misery opened her eyes and bared her teeth...as the crystal descended upon her brother. It pierced through the fragile alicorn Despair's center, causing him to gasp as the light fled from his eyes, his body going limp in death. The light faded, and the ground began to shake as if by an earthquake...and Despair's body twitched.

A blood-curdling, nightmarish scream shattered the air as the sun rose above the mountains, red as blood against the sky.

~Two Days Later. Twilight Sparkle, RLF Dropship, approaching Equinia~

The unicorn mare sat silent in the hold of the transport ship, staring at the floor beneath her hooves. A couple days ago, she had apparently been wounded fatally within the hidden RLF bunker...the one she had infiltrated. She had awoken on this airship, alone until a soldier had come in and informed her of what had occured during her incapacitation. Currently, she was being taken back to the Federation capital, after having spoken to Chronarch and Rainbow Dash about the recent events. Twilight gingerly placed a hoof against the bandages on her chest, and the MANA Synthesiser outside her wound. An experimental piece of technology, she had no idea how the RLF had grabbed hold of a prototype...but it drew upon the wearer's magical energies (or supplemented magic) to enhance the speed of recovery in an individual. However, it left side-effects in those of weak magical capacity or strength...but she should be fine, hopefully, due to her abilities. Removing her hoof from the bandages, she closed her eyes and hummed a tune to herself, one she remembered hearing a few years ago. All she could do was sit, and wait...

(Sorry for the delay, folks! But, we can finally get started again :) )

>Dopple walking through Equinia.

After a few days of waiting around Dopple decided that it was time that he start being useful again. He retrieved Replica from her "foal sitters" and was quite greatful that the Griffons took such good care of her. He got word from Applejack that Twilight would be returning to Equinia today so he did not hesitate to meet with her. There were a lot of things he needed to discuss with her

"Papa..." Was all his filly said as she woke up from her nap. She was secured nicely to his back so she had no trouble falling asleep. "Where are we going?"

He smiled to himself hearing his daughter talk. After he picked her up from the Griffons she seemed to much more of a spirited child then she used to be. Something that made Dopple very happy. "Well little one..we are going to see a very important pony..Daddy has a lot of things he needs to talk about with her, and i'm sure she'll be happy to see you. Were not there yet so why don't you back to sleep." Replica nodded softly as she snuggled into his back and quickly went back to sleep.

Dopple didn't like lying to his daughter, but he honestly did not know how this meeting would go. He was sure Twilight was informed on the attack on the Hive so that wouldn't be any suprising news. It pained Dopple that he still had no word from his Queen, but he wouldn't give up hope. He tried to keep his mind off of that as he made his way to where Twilight should be later in the day..Hopefully this will go well.