A Moonlite Summer (Gerrard and QueenChrysalis747)

The sun shined through the large stained glass indie of the grand Canterlot Library, it lit up the inside quite nicely and made the inside of the library more lively. Though it wasn't very lively, being in the middle of Summer there weren't too many ponies using to library so it sad empty, well almost empty. A lone mare sat behind the desk and was reading an Advanced magics and spells book as she passed the time, her midnight blue spotted pelt was smooth and well taken care of. She had a very lush and flowing ice blue mane and tail that almost seemed to glow with the light, her lovely Ice blue eyes scanned the pages as she read the spells over and over. She was an avid learned, then again she had always looked forward to the day she could visit Ponyville, her one dream was to meet the made known as Twilight Sparkle and the mare Rarity. Those two mares were idols to her, oh the stories she had heard about the great magic feats Twilight had done, oh and Rarity's dresses were exceptional, but with work and all she new that was just a dream.

She looked at the clock in the center ofthe room, and sighed, "Still one more hour to go," she said to herself as she closed the book and stood up to stretch. She looked out the window and sighed, "Another beautiful day gone," she looked toward the castle, "I do hope Luna makes the night wonderful at least," she sighed and began walking around the library. She walked between the large bookshelves and would look at all the home, making sure they were in order and neat and tidy, she was proud of the way she kept the library orderly, it made her feel important.

The library was one of the largest establishments in the famed city of Canterlot, it's vast archive one of the few places in Equestria that had almost every book ever made. Another scholar was roaming the library, the visitor haphazardly avoiding the clerk as he searched for a rarely touched upon subject in the capital of pony kind. A pair of keen yellow eyes scanned through the towering shelves of books that seemed to reach up to the ceiling. He quickly came to the realization that his book was at the very bottom of the particular book case in front of him, the feathered character letting out a light sigh of relief as he didn't have to make a ruckus to get information on his topic. The scholar reached out and plucked a book out from the shelf with a black talon and slipped it partially under his wing, the black pelted griffon opting to keep has talons free as he searched for the exit of the information storehouse. "Principles of Water pressure. If this book doesn't prove me right, I don't think anything will convince him," he murmured vaguely to nobody in particular.

"I guess I should head over to check the book out," the dark griffon thought to himself as he sauntered his way back to the check out counter. He was starting to get a bit worried though, the bustling library completely devoid of life on this particular day. "There a pony holiday today I wasn't told about? I would hope that I haven't been out of the loop for five years," he thought to himself, the hybrid able to see the reflection of the sun peering through the windows at the silver feathers of his head. He heard the aimless speech of another person in the library, the griffon making his way back to notice the clerk post abandoned as she made her seemingly hourly rounds. He glanced over to his book, a gorged text that was filled with diagrams and theories that were rarely used by the weather manipulating society, the visitor taking a passing glance at the unmanned exit to the library. After a brief moment of inner turmoil, he let out an inaudible sigh and placed the book on her now abandoned seat.

The hybrid took a glance at one of his well maintained talons as a grin crept across his black beak, the griffon devising a clearly mischievous plan. He paused for a moment, the hunter able to hear the light hoof steps of the clerk in the essentially empty building. He lowered himself to the ground, the griffon slinking his way through the library as he searched for the librarian. In a few short moments, he had found his 'prey' the long black tail of the griffon wagging with delight as he silently approached the dark blue mare. "Hello dear, I have a book to check out, may I ask for your assistance," he asked suddenly, the griffon using an unusually soft and polite speech pattern to hide his specific identity as he leaned uncomfortably close to the librarian, the griffon making sure that his sharp black beak would be ready to greet her when she turned around to reply to his sudden comments.

Moonlite heard the voice, it was a smooth and calming voice, probeley one of the rich Stallions. She hated those rich ponies, always stuck up and thinking they were better, they always put down the rest of society to make themselves seem better. As she spun around she wasn't face to face with a Stallion, though she believed it was male still, it was a Griffon. She jumped back, "Oh that was close," she said, "Please don't lean in like that sir," she said then froze. It took her a moment to process and then she gasped, "A griffon!" she gasped, "Oh my I haven't seen a griffon ever," she looked over the Griffon, "Oh I'm probeley setting such a bad example to the library right now, come along," she said quickly as she turned and trotted off.

She had studied griffons last month, such interesting creatures, such like ponies but also not anything close. But now one was finally here, in the library, oh she did hope he would stay for a bit, oh she could learn so much she was sure of it! As she got tothe desk she saw the book on her chair, "Yours I presume?" she asked him as she put it on the counter.

(sorry of this wasn't the reaction you wanted, wanted to make him slightly shock also, not many ponies are so calm and passive bout the birds)

The griffon wore a devilish smirk as he made the mare jump in surprise. He was a bit surprised that the librarian had never seen a griffon though, a few of his kind passing through the town on a monthly basis. "Ah, a pony!" he replied with a suprised sounding laugh as he slightly mimicked the pony. "Then again, we are in Equestria after all, I suppose that is to be expected," he added with chuckle, lightly stroking his black beak as he gave her a fair amount of personal space. When she explained that she was setting a bad example, he cocked his head to the side with a sense of confusion.

"You're probably setting a bad example by freaking out? It's okay, all ponies seem to set terrible examples when dealing with me! If everyone does it, then it must be okay, right?" he commented in a fictitious manner, the griffon stretching out as he extended his large, raven colored wings in the narrow library hall. "I've lived in Canterlot for over five years, I am used to ponies freaking out. One might say I revel in it," he explained, playfully pawing at her with one of his sharp talons as she lead him over to the counter. The griffon took a glance at the book and nodded in agreement with her comment. "Yes it is. An associate of mine at the university believes that you can't create a ship with a hole in the bottom of it. Alas, he doesn't understand that water can't move up on it's own. I will love making that snotty pony eat his words," he explained with a smile, the griffon pleased with himself as he made the strange assertion. It was unclear what his job was, but water was probably involved somehow.

He reached into his bag and pulled out his library card, the griffon having a benefactor stamp on it. Gerrard Grayfeather, Alumni of the Royal University of Canterlot, the card read as he pushed it across the table to her. "I'm Gerrard, may I ask your name dear librarian?" he commented in his normal voice, the griffon having a much deeper voice than he had originally let on for her.

She listened to him talk and just listened, he was quite an intriguing...whatever a male Giffon might be called. As she riffled to the back of the book to stamp it she heard him ask her name, she looked up and smiled, "Moonlite Frost, pleased to meet you Gerrard," she said sweetly as she levitated the card to her and turned it around. She jotted down his ID number and other info onto a sheet of paper and gave him back the card.

"Now I assume a week rental would be more then sufficient?" she asked him as she began to write down the info into the record book and would look at him occasionally. He was an amazing Griffon, so lean and tough looking, but at the same time kind of handsome, she shook her head, 'no no interspeices doesn't work..does it?' she wondered and this made her blush a bit. Though she might have been thinking to hard into this, she had just met him for Celstia sake, she was just very emotional at that moment.

He watched the mare carefully asses his document, the griffon smiling as she took her job with care. "It is an honor to meet you Lady Frost," he explained warmly to her as she registered his check out. "Yes, a week should be enough time for to fetch that pony and give him a lesson in fluid dynamics. Sometimes ponies in Canterlot like to think they know everything, you know what I mean?" he explained with a chuckle. "I mean, I think an irrigation architect would know more about water than a racetrack owner," he sighed, clearly having to work with Canterlot elite on a daily basis.

His keen yellow eyes noticed the reddening of her face, and he couldn't help but smile for her. "You seem ill! I think you may have a case of griffon fever! You know there is only one cure for that. Would you mind accompanying me to an ice cream shop after you get off work? I am free for the weekend after all," he explained, putting his card away as he accepted the book from her.

"Yo..you and me?" she stammered as she went redder and looked as him and blinked a few times, "We ge..get ice cream? together?" she shuffled a hoof, "y..yeah tha..that sounds great!" she said with a warm smile, still blushing heavily. She looked out the window to admire the scenery outside and composed herself with a deep breath. She turned back to him and smiled, "I get out in an hour, so you gonna hang around or just come back?" she asked him, still a bit red but clearly more composed of her shyness or nervousness.

"Well, you are the only pony here," he replied with a smile, the griffon looking around and spotting no other patrons. "Alright, a date it is then," he cheered, Gerrard putting the book into his bag as he glanced up to to the clock on the wall. "One hour? I can wait around here until then. "I'll... 'read' this book while I wait," he commented with a smirk, air quoting as he spoke read. "That okay with you?" he asked, taking a seat at a table to close to her counter as he pulled the book out and placed it on the table.

"Or is there something else we want to pass the time doing?" he yawned, stretching his wings as he leaned back in his seat. The griffon seemed patient, but waiting an hour to go on a date was something new to him, the hybrid happy to wait on his new friend.

She froze, "o..oh thi..this is a date." she stared speechless at him and was beat red again, "oh dear, I've only been on one date...." then she turned to him when he asked her if there was something else they could do, "What else? like what do you have in mind?" she said still shuffling a hoof nervously. She looked around and saw no one there, they were alone, in a library, she blushed as she thought of a book she had read the other day.

She sighed and sat down next to him and looked at her hooves, "so yeah..what now?" she asked him as she looked at him still blushing a bit.

"It's just a date between friends, nothing serious," he explained with a smile, the griffon looking across to her as he carefully grabbed her dark hoof in his black talon. "It's up to you I suppose. It is just a friendly date after all," he added, trying to calm her down. "It's just some ice cream," Gerrard commented with a grin, giving her hoof a shake. He leaned across the table and gently hugged her, looking back to the exit of the library. "It's nearing an hour moonlite," he reminded, standing up and waiting for her to follow.

"um, yeah, guess so," she blushed after the hug and went to the door, "come along then, I have to lock up after we leave," she smiled. Once he had walked out she shut off the lights, there was only a handful and locked the door after him. She walked next to them as they padded down the road, she was nervous what others might think of her and him, oh this was so odd. She looked at him, then the sky then ahead as she walked toward the ice cream shop with a slight smile and blush on her face. Even if he saw it as a friendly date it was still a date to her, and as with a date she was nervous, would he like her?

Gerrard lead her down the bustling streets of Canterlot, the griffon's presence giving them plenty of space as ponies seemed to part around the pair. "I know what you are thinking, and don't worry. You probably don't care what most of the snobs here think anyway, am I right? Who cares if they judge you, it isn't like you can get arrested or anything for going out on the town. If anyone messes with you, they will have to mess with me as well," he explained with a chuckle, the griffon flexing his talon in a dangerous looking manner. Ponies did seem to stare and gawk somewhat at the odd pair, but most were to busy to spare any extra attention.

They soon found themselves at the entrance of the ice cream shop, the frequented joint seeming crowded with ponies who all seem to have recently escaped work. "Any flavor you are particular to? My favorite is pony, a very hearty ice cream," he joked playfully, many ponies in line going wide eyed as they suddenly lost their desire to eat their icy treat. Gerrard leaned in to whisper to Moon, "I don't really eat ponies if you were wondering," he explained with a chuckle, hoping it wasn't really necessary for him to say such a thing to her.

She wasn't sure how to react to him anymore; he was an interesting Griffon but also made her question him once or twice. She shook the thought and smiled warmly, "Well I usually get Pistachio," she said to him happily as she looked at all the favors, "and I think I'll stick with it," she said and calmly looked around to see how the othe ponies were doing.

The pony at the counter smiled at Gerrard and the mare at his side, the clerk familiar enough with the repeat customer, not that could forget a griffon regardless. "Hello Gerry, mango I presume?" the unicorn clerk commented in an eager voice as he looked the odd pair over. The griffon nodded in agreement with the pony, glancing over to Moon before getting interrupted "And what would your mare friend want?" he asked with a grin, gently nudging the griffon.

"I think she wanted Pistachio, but she can speak for herself," the griffon commented with a laugh as he extended a talon to her, gesturing for her to speak.

"oh yes, um, yeah Pistachio please," she said still blushing a bit at the fact that it was, even if he sees it as just friendly, a date, and it was all new to her. She was a bookworm and a Unicorn, not exactly very social though she did chat with ponies from time to time as she worked at the Library. But, beside her other friend Darkness Eclipsed, who was like a brother as well, she really need had hung out with a male. She closes her eyes and collect herself before sitting calmly and looking at the table, very nervous still, she had to admit, in a slightly odd way, he was very handsome.

• 3 weeks later...

Gerrard smirked, the griffon figuring he was much more social that the dark pelted mare. He took a seat at her table as the pair sat down to enjoy their meal. "So, you work at the library right? You been to a university?" the hybrid asked, carefully licking his orange colored ice cream as not to give himself a brain freeze. "I am an alumni of The Royal University. I can't believe I've never seen you with how often I go to the library. You must be good at hiding your presence," he explained with a smirk, wondering if he just never paid enough attention when he went to the library. She seemed like a nice enough of a pony, perhaps she just needed to get out more.

"Well, yes, I did go to college, you know just some magic courses and history," she said and smiled, "I have never seen you either, must be hiding soo good i can't even find myself!" she giggled a bit as she licked her ice cream slowly

"You must be great at hiding, I would remember such a striking young mare," he playfully replied, the griffon carefully enjoying his mango ice cream as he sat at the table. The hybrid carefully shuffled his food between his two dark talons, as he looked her over patiently. She did seem like the type who didn't get out enough, hopefully this might help her open up to others better. "You like your ice cream, best in town I think," he remarked in a happy tone, clearly liking his.

"yes it's good," she said blushing from his last comment as she ate some more. She looked around and noticed now all the couples hanging out here and looked confused, then she went wide eyed. "Wh...oh how could I forget!" she blushed deeper, "It's hearts and hooves day!"

The griffon finished off his ice cream and noticed the mare looking around the shop at all the ponies. He shrugged, not sure what the bug deal was as he waited for her to finish. When she mentioned it was that holiday though, he gulped nervously. "Oh, Hearts and Hooves Day? How could I forget," he remarked in a confused manner. "Alas, I have no hooves, it must not be meant to be for us," he playfully teased, lightly grabbing her hooves with his talons as they sat across from each other.

She blushed, he was holding her hoof, and it was nice, she shuffled a back hoof nervously. "Are..are you sure?" she asked him as she leaned in slightly, "I mean even if you don't have the hooves you still got the heart," she smiled, "I got hooves and you got heart," she blushed and giggled a bit.

The griffon smirked, seeing her blushing for him already. "What an interesting theory. I suppose that means two griffons can't celebrate this holiday. But then again, you aren't a griffon, are you?" he slyly remarked, leaning in, the hybrid lightly bopping her snout with his smooth black beak. His yellow eyes looked across to her and he smiled, gently nuzzling the unicorn for all the other patrons to see. "We will have to see I suppose," he remarked, pulling back to a normal position at the table.

She leaned back, sitting normal again, "Ye..yeah I guess so," she said still blushing. But when his beak touched her, when he nuzzled her it felt good, she smiled warmly at him and finished the last bit of ice cream she had, "N..now what?"