Lost and Found

AlcheirShy

About Myself: I like to RP, eat salad, draw alchemy circles, journal, and write creative stories about things that will probably never happen.

How I found Canterlot.com: FRIGGIN' GOOGLE TRANSLATE SHOUTED IT AT ME. Literally. From there I just searched Google.

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: I got overly curious about the song, 'rainbow tylenol' and was cursed forever after to the colorful imaging of ponies.

My favourite main cast pony/s: AppleJack,Fluttershy
I really don't know what else to say. I'm new here, so help me out and tell me how stuff works around these parts. It's a whole bunch of unfamiliar terrain for me, so I'd appreciate some sort of basic run-down on how to start an RP with somepony.

Hello AlchierShy, and welcome to Canterlot! Home of the Vunderbolts and the birthplace of Arcane candies!

I'm still quite new myself but I can point you in the direction of where ya should go when it comes to RPing ;)

Note: I am, again, still new and am in no way part of the Canterlot staff. Please keep this in mind with the following information which I've provided.

Canterlot has two sections when it comes to RPing: Free RP and World of Equestria RP.

Free RP requires no application, thus you can jump into the fray at will. This is great if you just want to get a taste of RolePlaying and see if it's your thing. For whichever thread you join, please take the time to read through it, see what's happened thus far in the thread to help integrate your character.

World of Equestria requires an application to be submitted before you can RP there, this is most likely to ensure that your character has a strong bio and to prevent any mishaps or plot holes when you're RPing with your character.

You can find more information by reading[colour=#008080] [/colour][colour=#008080]Canterlot's Roleplay for Newbies Guide[/colour] as well as visting the[colour=#008080] Roleplaying - Guides, Info and F.A.Q.[/colour] section of the site.

I'm sure you'll fit right in. Enjoy your stay with us, and again, welcome to Canterlot. :)

• Like 1

I got a question for ya, what do you like to watch? How about music, what bands do you listen to?

Welcome to Canterlot, you can call me Cat :D

I suppose it's normal to 'follow' threads and not recieve notifications for replies on this site for some reason. Eh, oh well.

In any case, I don't really like watching stuff, and I don't have any way to listen to music besides my crappy scrap-wielded deskcrap. When I do listen to music, dubstep and classical is where it's at. I only really like dubstep by Kitsune^2 though.

• Like 1

Hello AlchierShy, and welcome to Canterlot! Home of the Vunderbolts and the birthplace of Arcane candies!

I'm still quite new myself but I can point you in the direction of where ya should go when it comes to RPing ;)

Note: I am, again, still new and am in no way part of the Canterlot staff. Please keep this in mind with the following information which I've provided.

Canterlot has two sections when it comes to RPing: Free RP and World of Equestria RP.

Free RP requires no application, thus you can jump into the fray at will. This is great if you just want to get a taste of RolePlaying and see if it's your thing. For whichever thread you join, please take the time to read through it, see what's happened thus far in the thread to help integrate your character.

World of Equestria requires an application to be submitted before you can RP there, this is most likely to ensure that your character has a strong bio and to prevent any mishaps or plot holes when you're RPing with your character.

You can find more information by reading[colour=#008080] [/colour][colour=#008080]Canterlot's Roleplay for Newbies Guide[/colour] as well as visting the[colour=#008080] Roleplaying - Guides, Info and F.A.Q.[/colour] section of the site.

I'm sure you'll fit right in. Enjoy your stay with us, and again, welcome to Canterlot. :)

Hi, welcome to Canterlot. :)

Haseo has pretty much covered everything about the RP basics.

Thank you both. I suppose this site is easier to get into than most then. Some of the other sites had strict rules for application before posting.

I guess your app-critiquing will be tough, but I'll try to make it appropriately cannonistic when I submit it. Before I get to it, I have two things to ask you MLPT.

-How long do apps take to get accepted once critiquing is finished?

-How detailed do they have to be as far as incorperating a history goes?

That's all for now. I'll probably not see what you say if you reply because I'll likely never find this thread again due to notifications not working on this site right now for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I suppose it's normal to 'follow' threads and not recieve notifications for replies on this site for some reason. Eh, oh well.

In any case, I don't really like watching stuff, and I don't have any way to listen to music besides my crappy scrap-wielded deskcrap. When I do listen to music, dubstep and classical is where it's at. I only really like dubstep by Kitsune^2 though.

I like to watch quite a few things when I think about it.

Also, I like rock and metal music. My faveourite bands are on my profile.

Should be in your settings. ;)

Thank you both. I suppose this site is easier to get into than most then. Some of the other sites had strict rules for application before posting.

We do have plenty of rules, but really, they can be boiled down to placing your character in a show setting. If you can visualize your character appearing in an episode, you should be golden. Although, there are some people that have some weird headcanon they let get mixed in with what we actually see in show. As such, we have rules that we can point to to reinforce why something wouldn't be allowed.

-How long do apps take to get accepted once critiquing is finished?

Once your app has been critique by an RP Helpstaff, and all requested updates have been made, it usually doesn't take very long to get accepted after that. The RP Helpers tend to do the hard work, and the Senior RP Helpers just come along and make sure nothing major was missed. You'll get a stamp, then an Admin will move you into the Roleplayers group. Both of those things are pretty easy and quick, so should take a few days when your app is all ready. But there isn't really a *set* time limit, since everyone on staff does so on a volunteer basis, between jobs, family, friends, and other hobbies.

-How detailed do they have to be as far as incorperating a history goes?

Two paragraphs in the Character Summary should do it, along with everything else listed in the Application Form.