Shockblast Salon (OPEN)

synkyd

Calypso looked back and saw Nebula ducking into the backroom. He sighed softly, and looked back into his magazine. so many articles showing upcoming desinners and models, and not one showing himself. Calypso set down the magazine, shaking his head. He just knew he had it in him, the spark: the crative genius that ignites ones passion, a desire or want that drove you forward. Love and fame, thats what he wanted, not bits or one night stands, nor power or imortality. and yet, In that small salon, stood Calypso, with neither love or fame, but he wanted it.

Nebula kept at it, counting boxes and supplies, and everything inbetween. Though, she couldn't help but stop after a half hour and took a seat, and kept herself seated right there.

She was barely old enough to even know how to pronounce Equestria, or understand there was a bigger world than just Canterlot. But she couldn't help by just feel strange, the air around her. Just a little blankflank, left to wander the streets of Canterlot without supervision or any rules. Her parents didn't even care for her, and the guards paid her little mind unless she bumped into some aristocrats.

Calypso was the first ever adult she'd ever met that didn't kick her out of a store or ignored her. Even then, she always felt that adults just lied through their teeth, just like her parents. She just couldn't understand Calypso, but she wanted to do something cool.

Eventually, she just began to cry, like she always did every single day. Quietly, hoping Calypso didn't hear, she just cried her eyes out. Curling up into a ball, she lied there and vented her emotions.

Calypso was quickly wrenched from his moment of self pity when he heard soft sobs come from the backroom of the salon. gallopung into the storeroom, hopiing to celestia that a box of shampoo or a canister of hairspray didnt fall on Nebula. of course, no said box had fell, as calypso found Nebula curled up, tears falling from her face. Calypso quickly pulled out his trusty hankechief, emblazed with C.C at one corner. Calypso patted Nebula on the back, and levatated the hankerchief in front of her face. "There, there, whats wrong, miss rose? are you ok?"

Calypso was quickly wrenched from his moment of self pity when he heard soft sobs come from the backroom of the salon. gallopung into the storeroom, hopiing to celestia that a box of shampoo or a canister of hairspray didnt fall on Nebula. of course, no said box had fell, as calypso found Nebula curled up, tears falling from her face. Calypso quickly pulled out his trusty hankechief, emblazed with C.C at one corner. Calypso patted Nebula on the back, and levatated the hankerchief in front of her face. "There, there, whats wrong, miss rose? are you ok?"

Nebula's sobs slowly broke down into hiccups, allowing her employer to help clear her eyes from the tears. She looked up at the stallion, her eyes red and ears plastered against her skull.

"I-I d-d-don't know, I-I just felt b-b-bad f-for s-something..." She continued lying in her ball, still shaking. She felt like she'd messed up now, and another wave of tears were threatening to surface.

"I-I..." She lost her voice, and once again she began crying again, this time it wasn't exactly quiet. Her squeaky voice filled with confusion, "I-I-I w-wanna k-know!" But still, she couldn't.

Calypso uneasily looked at Nebula, knowing exactly what to do but not sure if he should do it. he'd had met and helped mares before, and knew that a sholder to cry on is one kind gesture. but how would this look in the eyes of the law? Calypso stood there, crouched over with his hoof on nebulas back, hearing those painful, meaningful sobs. Calypso sat down, and wrapped his hoof around Nebulas sholder, letting her cry into the crook of his arm, allowing the mare to feel much less exposed. once the tears seemed to stop, Calypso lifted Nebulas chin and wiped off her face again. "Now, what do you want to know, sweetie?"

Calypso uneasily looked at Nebula, knowing exactly what to do but not sure if he should do it. he'd had met and helped mares before, and knew that a sholder to cry on is one kind gesture. but how would this look in the eyes of the law? Calypso stood there, crouched over with his hoof on nebulas back, hearing those painful, meaningful sobs. Calypso sat down, and wrapped his hoof around Nebulas sholder, letting her cry into the crook of his arm, allowing the mare to feel much less exposed. once the tears seemed to stop, Calypso lifted Nebulas chin and wiped off her face again. "Now, what do you want to know, sweetie?"

Nebula, sniffing and hiccuping, looked up at him with her eyes bloodshot already. "E-Everypony d-d-don't l-l-like me..." She gave a shudder but continued, "M-Mommy a-a-always g-goes out t-t-to f-fancy p-p-parties, a-a-and D-D-Daddy d-doesn't come h-h-home f-for m-m-months."

She was shaking at mentioning her parents, but kept her trust in Calypso. "I-I-I d-don't k-know w-w-why b-big p-p-ponies a-are s-s-so mean. T-The g-guard p-p-ponies t-try t-t-to b-be ni..." She momentarily lost herself, but recomposed again. "Nice, b-but they a-a-always b-b-bring me h-home. M-Mommy j-just i-i-ignores me a-a-after t-talking to them."

She looked back up at Calypso, "W-Why a-a-are you s-so n-n-nice t-to me, M-Mister C-C-Calypso?"

"Well, uh... " Calypso just didnt know what to say, given how his parents loved him very much. sure, they didnt pay for his small arpartment or the salon, but they supported him the whole way. was it a good idea to lie to a filly who already misstrusted adults? even as she cried sat there, cryiing, calypso saw the hints of perfection under her red eyes. after grasping for words, an idea dawned on him, a way to get her happy.

"Nebula, at first I was simply kind to you because, well, I try not to insult costumeers. but when I did your mane, the glow in your eyes told me something: you have power. determination, and as long as that flank is blank, you wont know how you will change equestria. now, you will always have a lisening ear, and a sholder to cry on.

"Well, uh... " Calypso just didnt know what to say, given how his parents loved him very much. sure, they didnt pay for his small arpartment or the salon, but they supported him the whole way. was it a good idea to lie to a filly who already misstrusted adults? even as she cried sat there, cryiing, calypso saw the hints of perfection under her red eyes. after grasping for words, an idea dawned on him, a way to get her happy.

"Nebula, at first I was simply kind to you because, well, I try not to insult costumeers. but when I did your mane, the glow in your eyes told me something: you have power. determination, and as long as that flank is blank, you wont know how you will change equestria. now, you will always have a lisening ear, and a sholder to cry on.

Nebula looked up to the stallion, slightly unsure of his words but somehow feeling every so slightly better about this. Thankful he didn't ask anymore about her parents, she proceeded to pull her forelegs around Calypso and hug him. It wasn't too tight, but enough to show her appreciation.

"T-T-Thank you, M-M-Mister C-Calypso."

After a few seconds, the filly released him and quickly lifted a clipboard that was rather heavy for her to hold up, but she sat it down and held it up by her head. "I-I also f-finished i-iii... wh-whatever that w-w-word was."

Nebula looked up to the stallion, slightly unsure of his words but somehow feeling every so slightly better about this. Thankful he didn't ask anymore about her parents, she proceeded to pull her forelegs around Calypso and hug him. It wasn't too tight, but enough to show her appreciation.

"T-T-Thank you, M-M-Mister C-Calypso."

After a few seconds, the filly released him and quickly lifted a clipboard that was rather heavy for her to hold up, but she sat it down and held it up by her head. "I-I also f-finished i-iii... wh-whatever that w-w-word was."

Calypso gave Nebula a smile. "inventory, my Dear." Calypso looked over the inventory list. And promply his ears flew up, hie eyes wide. "Ohnononono, I have some, I have some!" Calypso began pushing aside numoris hair supplies wildly, fear in his eyes. "NO! OH CELESTIA!"Calypso turned around and put his hoofs on Nebulas sholders. "Are you sure you didnt miss anything? NO? AHHHHH!" Calypso began to wildly look around, panicing

Calypso gave Nebula a smile. "inventory, my Dear." Calypso looked over the inventory list. And promply his ears flew up, hie eyes wide. "Ohnononono, I have some, I have some!" Calypso began pushing aside numoris hair supplies wildly, fear in his eyes. "NO! OH CELESTIA!"Calypso turned around and put his hoofs on Nebulas sholders. "Are you sure you didnt miss anything? NO? AHHHHH!" Calypso began to wildly look around, panicing

Nebula would panic, quickly checking over the inventory herself and look up at each spot. "W-W-What's m-missing, M-Mister C-C-Calypso?"

Checking it over and over, she remembered each and every supply, down to every single pair of scissors. She even double-checked each time, but what did she miss!?

Nebula would panic, quickly checking over the inventory herself and look up at each spot. "W-W-What's m-missing, M-Mister C-C-Calypso?"

Checking it over and over, she remembered each and every supply, down to every single pair of scissors. She even double-checked each time, but what did she miss!?

Calypso wildly serched for minites, ripping away supplies from the shelfs, a wild, half crazy look in his face. After looking, Calypso galloped to his front desk and half crashed into it, riping open desk drawers and pulling out bits. "You've seen me use my dye spell, right? well, the only colours I couldnt replicate were metalic. Now, any review pony or VIP that comes in here and sees I dont have gold dye? INSTANT. SOCIAL. SUICIDE!" Calypso began to fill a bag full of bits and gave it to Nebula. "Now, go to Close shave, mention my name, and ask for purelit gold. PURLIT GOLD.not any other colour, got it?"

Calypso wildly serched for minites, ripping away supplies from the shelfs, a wild, half crazy look in his face. After looking, Calypso galloped to his front desk and half crashed into it, riping open desk drawers and pulling out bits. "You've seen me use my dye spell, right? well, the only colours I couldnt replicate were metalic. Now, any review pony or VIP that comes in here and sees I dont have gold dye? INSTANT. SOCIAL. SUICIDE!" Calypso began to fill a bag full of bits and gave it to Nebula. "Now, go to Close shave, mention my name, and ask for purelit gold. PURLIT GOLD.not any other colour, got it?"

Nebula would nod, slinging the saddlebag over her back and saluted, making a mad dash out the door. Only for the filly to smash, muzzle first, into the wall next to the door. Rubbing her muzzle, Nebula gave her boss a sheepish grin and darted off into the street.

Weaving through the crowds, she soon came across what she hoped was where Close Shave resided. Trotting into the shop, she gave a rather timid squeak and asked softly, "U-um, hello? M-Mister C-C-Calypso needs a d-dye...."

"M-Mister C-Close S-Shave?" She'd follow up, looking around for the pony.

((i say, theres an odd cemistry going on in this rp, huh?)

Calypso tredded across the room, back and forth,breathing heavily, repetivly dragging his hoof through his mane. What was he to do if a inportant ponu came in? luna, what if PHOTO FINISH CAME IN? OR HOITIEY TOITEY? Calypsos lip was bleeding from his rapid biting in his lips. he nickered gently and looked out the window.

((i say, theres an odd cemistry going on in this rp, huh?)

Calypso tredded across the room, back and forth,breathing heavily, repetivly dragging his hoof through his mane. What was he to do if a inportant ponu came in? luna, what if PHOTO FINISH CAME IN? OR HOITIEY TOITEY? Calypsos lip was bleeding from his rapid biting in his lips. he nickered gently and looked out the window.

(Quite so.)

After a brief few minutes of explanation, and slinging more than just Calypso's name, Nebula came barreling into the salon. However, being the filly that she is, she tumbled into a somersault and landed with a bop against Calypso. "I-I-I g-g-got it!" She held up not just the dye, but a little scroll to expand the fashion ponies repetoire of hair-changing spells.

A dark purple stallion walks to the salon, his brown mane done in an afro style. He wore a white vest, which sparkled in the light, and his teal eyes smiled at anything he looked at. His movements were quite rhythmic, as if he were constantly dancing. He finally walks inside, the disco ball that made his cutie mark quite visible against the purple coat.

A dark purple stallion walks to the salon, his brown mane done in an afro style. He wore a white vest, which sparkled in the light, and his teal eyes smiled at anything he looked at. His movements were quite rhythmic, as if he were constantly dancing. He finally walks inside, the disco ball that made his cutie mark quite visible against the purple coat.

Turning around, Nebula would quickly fix her winded mane and look up at the new stallion. Trembling slightly, she'd introduce herself to him, "H-H-Hello s-sir, w-w-welcome to S-Shockblast S-S-Salon. M-My name's N-Nebula R-R-Rose. P-P-Please have a-a-a s-seat, a-and M-Mister C-C-Calypso w-will be with y-y-you in a s-second...."

Calypso mouthed a thank you to Nebula, and levatated the scroll into his coat pockets.

Hello! As my cohort told you, my name is Calypso cuts, Mane stylest legend! now, what are you here for, mr... im sorry, I didnt get your name?" Calypso eagerly asked. so much bonancy in that mane! Calypso dipped his hoof in and felt around, mumbling to himself

(is this disco stu? :D)

Calypso mouthed a thank you to Nebula, and levatated the scroll into his coat pockets.

Hello! As my cohort told you, my name is Calypso cuts, Mane stylest legend! now, what are you here for, mr... im sorry, I didnt get your name?" Calypso eagerly asked. so much bonancy in that mane! Calypso dipped his hoof in and felt around, mumbling to himself

(is this disco stu? :D)

"M-Mister C-C-Calypso, i-i-is there a-anything I-I could do n-n-now?" Nebula squeaked, looking up at the stallion with her red eyes, which were puppydog eyes. Exactly what was with this littile filly?

"I-I-I have e-e-everything done t-that y-y-you n-needed m-m-me to!"

"Ah, sir Calypso! Just the one I was hoping to meet! See, I have been in search of a proper way to get my tail done, and I was hoping you would know what to do? Oh, before I forget , I"m Tipper, musical extraordinaire."

(Of course, I've never seen a disco pony out there, so I figured I'd give it a shot! :D)

"Ah, im sending waves through the fashion world? just what I want to hear!" Calypso exstaticly cheers.he gestures for Nebula to follow him as he pushes Tipper into a chair, and pulles his tail out from a small slot in the crest of the seat." Now then, tipper, what do you want? Something with flair, gets pinies attention?"

Nebula diligently follows behind Calypso, waiting patiently for his bosses next orders. However, she'd play a game of avoiding landing her hooves on the cracks between the tiled floor.

A map with a surrounding orange aura enters the salon, or at least that's what it appears to be when the green unicorn levitating the map can't be bothered to look away. She steps in clumsily, not taking notice to her surroundings but instead staring intently at the wrinkled map. However, she quickly becomes aware of her mistake when she accidentally bumps against a chair. Her eyes spin for a minute from the minor collision, but she shakes her head and looks into the lightly dusted salon that she drew attention to herself in by mistake.

A map with a surrounding orange aura enters the salon, or at least that's what it appears to be when the green unicorn levitating the map can't be bothered to look away. She steps in clumsily, not taking notice to her surroundings but instead staring intently at the wrinkled map. However, she quickly becomes aware of her mistake when she accidentally bumps against a chair. Her eyes spin for a minute from the minor collision, but she shakes her head and looks into the lightly dusted salon that she drew attention to herself in by mistake.

Nebula would quicky take note of the new customer and quickly trot over to her with some rather serious energy. With various styling equipment draped on her, she gave the mare a wave. "H-H-Hello! W-W-Welcome to S-S-Shockblast S-Salon. M-M-My name i-is N-Nebula R-Rose. P-P-Please have a s-s-seat, M-Mister C-C-Calypso i-is b-busy at the m-moment b-b-but w-will be r-right with y-you!"

The mare almost pities Nebula's nervousness, bless her soul. She seems anxious to please customers, almost to the point of letting her fear dictate her actions, but not quite. Papyrus quickly realized that if she explained her mistake and left, little Nebula Rose would think that she was only being polite and that she wasn't doing her work as she should. [colour=#66cc66]"It's okay if he's busy, I can wait a moment." [/colour]she said with a smile and took her seat.