Shockblast Salon (OPEN)

synkyd

The mare almost pities Nebula's nervousness, bless her soul. She seems anxious to please customers, almost to the point of letting her fear dictate her actions, but not quite. Papyrus quickly realized that if she explained her mistake and left, little Nebula Rose would think that she was only being polite and that she wasn't doing her work as she should. [colour=#66cc66]"It's okay if he's busy, I can wait a moment." [/colour]she said with a smile and took her seat.

Nebula would smile happily, "D-D-Do y-you n-n-need a-anything, m-ma'am?" She seemed really into appeasing the customer.

Papyrus shook her head. [colour=#66cc66]"No thank you, I don't need anything in particular."[/colour]she replied. The unicorn took a moment to enjoy the comfort of her seat, closing her eyes and enjoying the peace and quiet of the salon.

Papyrus shook her head. [colour=#66cc66]"No thank you, I don't need anything in particular."[/colour]she replied. The unicorn took a moment to enjoy the comfort of her seat, closing her eyes and enjoying the peace and quiet of the salon.

Nebula would return to Calypso's side, but nervously look over to the new customer. However, from her hooves tapping on the ground, side to side, she'd appear more nervous than satisfied.

Calypso's latest customer didn't take notice of any of her surroundings. She instead opted to slowly doze off, the overall tranquility of the environment driving her to a peaceful slumber. It wasn't exactly the best she'd done as a customer, but hopefully not enough to get her removed from the store.

Calypso began to work with Tippers tail, combing and brushing out any clumps of dirt or grime away from his fur. Calypso then turned around and galloped to the waiting mare. Realizing this wasnt a filly nor a stallion, Calypso slowed to a canter and put on a soft smile.

"Well hello there. My name is Calypso cuts, the owner of this Salon, and ill be cutting that fetching mane of yours to match that sharp nose and -might I say- Beautiful eyes." Calypso Complemeted, resting an elbow on the chair and gesturing with his other hoof. "Oh, where are my manners? what is the title behind that face?"

The green unicorn was slightly taken aback by his act of bombarding her with compliments, something she would never expect from anypony else who she'd introduced herself to. After a moment she realized that a pink-red blush had spread to her face and she shook her head, realizing somepony was trying to speak with her. She touched hooves with him in greeting. [colour=#66cc66]"I'm Papyrus." [/colour]she introduced herself with a tone that certainly was nowhere near modesty. [colour=#66cc66]"I'm not sure if I want to change my mane so drastically, so I was thinking of just getting a trim. I'm sure you probably have a much better understanding of what would suit me, though." [/colour]The unicorn pet her mane with a hoof, looking very uncertain.

Nebula would trot over, obediently following Calypso like the good assistant she was and watch the scene unfold. She tilted her head curiously while watching, but kept pointedly silent. She watched how her boss acted around Papyrus, having only seen such actions during the last Hearts and Hooves Day. So why was Mister Calypso doing this stuff to this nice mare?

In the meantime, she made herself useful by going to retrieve something she needed, only to adorably tumble back onto her face with another squeak.

The green unicorn was slightly taken aback by his act of bombarding her with compliments, something she would never expect from anypony else who she'd introduced herself to. After a moment she realized that a pink-red blush had spread to her face and she shook her head, realizing somepony was trying to speak with her. She touched hooves with him in greeting. [colour=#66cc66]"I'm Papyrus." [/colour]she introduced herself with a tone that certainly was nowhere near modesty. [colour=#66cc66]"I'm not sure if I want to change my mane so drastically, so I was thinking of just getting a trim. I'm sure you probably have a much better understanding of what would suit me, though." [/colour]The unicorn pet her mane with a hoof, looking very uncertain.

Calypso softly laughed when he saw Papyrus's face quickly go red. One trait everypony agreeded on who knew Calypso is that he had a silver toungue, able to smooze and flirt with the best of them, and even able to quickly gain connections in any town. Saying he abused his talents, however, is another thing : he simply enjoyed the dance of words, romanticly or at work. Calysos face pursed as he clipped his hoof against the floor.

"Miss rose, give me the bar with a 3 on it, a pail of water, #2 sissors, and a 7- no, 8 comb." Calypso ordered. " and bring over to mr.tipper the bottle laybeled neighon green, and several squares of tin."

[colour=#66cc66]"So, how long has the, err..." [/colour]the red-maned unicorn turned to look at the large wooden carving that loudly proclaimed the salon's title. [colour=#66cc66]"...Shockblast Salon been in business?" [/colour]Papyrus turned back around in her seat, watching Calypso prepare behind her in the mirror. Admittedly, her curiosity had a lot more depth than she let the barber know, but after he was so polite she didn't wish to bombard him with questions. Her natural instinct to find all information she could until she was satisfied seemed to pipe down for once, though, and her attention span seemed to unravel like a long cobra as she listened carefully.

Calypso softly laughed when he saw Papyrus's face quickly go red. One trait everypony agreeded on who knew Calypso is that he had a silver toungue, able to smooze and flirt with the best of them, and even able to quickly gain connections in any town. Saying he abused his talents, however, is another thing : he simply enjoyed the dance of words, romanticly or at work. Calysos face pursed as he clipped his hoof against the floor.

"Miss rose, give me the bar with a 3 on it, a pail of water, #2 sissors, and a 7- no, 8 comb." Calypso ordered. " and bring over to mr.tipper the bottle laybeled neighon green, and several squares of tin."

Nebula would quickly abandon her previous endeavor, lifting from her spot and rushing around the room with speed. She'd slowly bring all the supplies ordered by her boss, first the number three bar, followed by bringing a pail of water, and bring the scissors and comb in her mouth, setting them with the rest.

By the time she'd brought the bottles to Mr. Tipper, the little filly was panting up a storm. She wasn't honestly the kind for exercise, and running back and forth so quickly tired her out. Taking a moment, she sat down beside the counter and tried to catch her breath.

" Thank you, Nebula. that will be all for now." Calypso thanked the little filly, and went to work on Tipper's tail, cutting away loose hairs and shaping it into a pefect point. after a few moments, Tipper had enough metal on his tail to make it glimmer in the sun, dyeing it to a new colour. Calypso trotted back to Papyrus, and lifted up the sissours and comb to her hair.

"Three years. How'dd you come across it?" Calypso was cutting her bangs and brushing out any tangles

Papyrus looked at the discarded map she left on the floor, a few inches out of reach. [colour=#66cc66]"By complete accident, to be honest." [/colour]she admitted. She wasn't positive that it would be the best experience to sit in silence and get her mane cut, so she elaborated. [colour=#66cc66]"I was on the train back to Manehattan, and I kinda-sorta fell asleep on the ride there. I had a long night in Ponyville with my editor, but that's another story. Anyway, when I got off of the train, I found out that I was...here. The next train isn't going to come for another hour, so I figured I'd make myself busy." [/colour]The unicorn observed Calypso as he manipulated his brush and scissors with a learned mastery, but to somepony who hadn't done anything like it before it seemed like a sort of witchcraft.

"oh, so your a writer? what do you write? action? adventure?... romance?" Calypso asked, leaning in closer with "romance". Calypso then quickly cast a spell onto the bottom of the bucket, which quickly started radiating heat. Walking over to Tipper, Calypso flashed a quick smile at Nebula, seeing her huffing and puffing on the floor. Calypso then began to apply another layer of colour into Tippers stream of growing- to-be multicoloured tail.

" Manehattan? What is the town like? ive never been able to go there, given my salon, but my curiosity is still held."

Nebula would lie down, watching as Calypso did his work and continued acting funny around Miss Papyrus. Then with a sudden realization, "Oh no!"

She jumped to her hooves and charged adorably into the back room and quickly returned with her saddlebags. However, still winded, she only caused herself another adorable accident. This time she tumbled directly into the counter, and ended up spilling her saddlebags across the floor. Textbooks too old for her age, along with paper and pencils spilling across the ground. Aswell, a bag full of bits would spill out, giving the paper a golden shine with the metal coins.

"No no nooooo!" She squealed, quickly trying to pick up her mess. She finally messed up, big time. Trying desperately to shove the papers back into the saddlebags and causing a even bigger mess.

Papyrus looked at the filly, wanting to help her out but too busy having her mane played with to help gather her things. The golden glare of the bits soon stopped shining across the room with Tipper's help, though, and she sighed with relief. However, now that Nebula's disaster was taken care of, she wondered if she was getting into one herself. Calypso was incredibly kind and sweet to her when she first walked in and made a fool out of herself, but could his gestures just be an attempt to get in a relationship? It wasn't like she had one at the moment, of course, but Papyrus honestly didn't want to let the poor stallion down after he was so understanding and generous just a few minutes ago.

[colour=#66CC66]"What kind of music do you play, Tipper?" [/colour]the green unicorn questioned.[colour=#66cc66] "I'm sure you're a wonderful musician, but if I hear any more of that metal stuff that my neighbor's been blasting..." [/colour]Papyrus stuck her tongue out in distaste.

Tipper motioned for Calypso to stop for a second, and got up to help Nebula clean up the mess. "This sort of thing happens to me all the time, don't worry. Usually it's from my groove." He says as he picks up the textbooks.

Nebula would quickly wipe her eyes, trying to keep her papers from scattering and muttered a weak 'Thank you'. However, she'd pause and grab something from the pile of bits and quickly hide it away from Tipper. She'd proceed to grab the bits lying and try to put them each inside her bag. It would've been surprising seeing as this little filly had so much bits on her.

Calypso quickly began to levatate loose bits and papers into Nebula's bag, pausing only for a moment when he saw Nebula hurrily stuff some unknown object into her bag. After all of the mess was cleaned up, Calypso clicked the bag shut, and went over to Papyrus to continue working on her mane.

" This isnt the first job you've tried out for a job, Rose? Or was the messy mane just a way to show your parrents up, " I dont need your money, mum and pop!"? Calypso gently teased. He didn't need to know how the filly could obtain so many bits, as long as it wasnt nefariously gotten.

"Just about done, Papyrus. unless you want to stick around..."

Aside from the soon to be finished back, Papyrus's mqne was turning out wonderfully, , the back left long, and right of the bangs left short. the right side was curled up as to conciel the eye. The finishing touch was to tie together a ponytail with a small hairpin. "What do you think, miss papyrus? I think its gives off a alluring, mysterious vibe, a feminine fatale, you know?"

(phone posting. :/)

Calypso quickly began to levatate loose bits and papers into Nebula's bag, pausing only for a moment when he saw Nebula hurrily stuff some unknown object into her bag. After all of the mess was cleaned up, Calypso clicked the bag shut, and went over to Papyrus to continue working on her mane.

" This isnt the first job you've tried out for a job, Rose? Or was the messy mane just a way to show your parrents up, " I dont need your money, mum and pop!"? Calypso gently teased. He didn't need to know how the filly could obtain so many bits, as long as it wasnt nefariously gotten.

"Just about done, Papyrus. unless you want to stick around..."

Aside from the soon to be finished back, Papyrus's mqne was turning out wonderfully, , the back left long, and right of the bangs left short. the right side was curled up as to conciel the eye. The finishing touch was to tie together a ponytail with a small hairpin. "What do you think, miss papyrus? I think its gives off a alluring, mysterious vibe, a feminine fatale, you know?"

(phone posting. :/)

Nebula would pause, then slowly lift her saddlebags up and look over to Calypso, and spoke in a sad tone but without any stutter, "Daddy always wears that dumb gold stuff, and Mommy doesn't care how I look." She then trotted into the back. There she dug out the mysterious object.

It was a small framed picture of herself, looking slightly younger with a adolescent stallion and another colt. The two looked like a splitting images of Rose, with the same hair colour and coat, except the colt's eyes were a lighter shade of blue and the older wore a eyepatch. Propping it up, Nebula just stared at it. She honestly didn't want to explain where the money came from, or what she was doing with all that stuff.

She'd gently knock her forehead on the table before looking back up at them. She'd then gently tap the adolescent stallion's forehead, "One, Two. Always new. Three, Four. Adventures to do." She'd repeat it.

"Why am I such a clumsy mess?" She mumbled to herself.

Though Papyrus was very concerned a moment ago about the poor filly feeling ashamed of her clumsiness, it certainly didn't show now as she admired herself in the large mirror in front of her. She grinned at the reflection matching hers exactly as she tested her new manecut from a few different angles. He had apparently added a silk-like feeling to it too, and thanks to his magical enhancement she didn't have to worry about it falling out of place over the day's course. His fine description of "femme fatale" was definitely right, and though Papyrus didn't exactly have the dark feminine vibe at first, he took care of everything. She nodded quickly at him, smiling wide. An orange glow surrounded her tangerine saddlebags, and she lifted out eight bits.

[colour=#66CC66]"Will this do? [/colour]she asked.

Calypso anxiously looked over to the back room, biting his lip." That will do fine, Miss Papyrus. was it something I said? " Calypso eyed Papyrus quizzikly. The sudden clarity in her voice could show how angry she was at Calypsos comment. Calypso took the bits a gave Papyrus a weak smile, which quickly faded. Should he apologize? Calypso walked over to Tipper, his eyes closed and shaking his head.he quickly removed the tin from His tail, and began to explain what he did.

" Now, I know you said you didnt want something too attention grabbing, but this dye will be great for your dancing. basicly, the more you shake and move, the brighter the light and Colour of the dye will be."