Shockblast Salon (OPEN)

synkyd

Papyrus thought for a moment. She was completely lost in this area, despite the map in her saddlebags. It only covered the train's path, and unfortunately all she knew was that this shop was located at the very last stop. The city pony looked over at Calypso, a questioning look in her eyes that obviously pleaded for information to help the poor scared foal. She couldn't tell left from right in this town, and her social anxieties didn't help at all. Fortunately, the warm welcome of the citizens that she'd met so far made her a lot less intimated by the town. However, that didn't help the situation at hoof at all, except maybe having a few ponies she wouldn't mind asking for a bit of help. Papyrus walked over to the filly and gave a reassuring stroke through her mane, feeling Nebula's warmth swallowing her whole from a few feet away.

[colour=#66CC66]"We should be able to find a place for you to stay and grab a bite, it shouldn't be all too difficult." [/colour]Papyrus said, trying to douse her words in the sort of warmth and comfort she remembered her mother using.

Nebula slowly smiled, slowly slipping off her chair and pulling Papyrus' into a hug that she could manage. She seemed suitably more cheered up by the mare's words. "O-Okay!" Just at that, a low rumbling emitted from her stomach, and the filly smiled. She knew it'd be nicer finding a place to stay compared to going back home and dealing with her mother.

Calypso Trotted to the awaiting mare, thankful for a Customeer to break the uneasiness of The backroom drama. Putting on A bright and happy facade, Calypso gave a kind smile to Stardust.

"Welcome to Shockblast salon! I am the owner and The best mane stylest around, Calypso Cuts! Take a seat over there, Miss." Calypso pointed to a Nearby chair, with tipper slowly counting bits on the next chair over.The unicorn then cantered to the back room, and stuck his head in.

"How do you feel about giving me a hoof with this one, Neb?"

Nebula would frown and shook her head, "I-I'm h-hungry, g-gonna go f-find s-something to e-e-eat with M-Miss P-P-Paa..." She seemed cutely unable to say Papyrus' name. "I-Is that o-okay with y-y-you?"

Stardust followed Calypso to the chair and sat down, attempting not to show any signs of nerves. After all, the only other pony that has ever cut her mane was her mother, so it was understandable. She then waited for Calypso to start his work.

Calypso Nodded at Nebulas request, smiling. Turning to Papyrus, Calypso quickly filled in, saying "I'll pay for her food. just come back and tell me the price."

Calypso walked away, to the chair Where Stardust was.

"Now, what are we looking for today? a quiet, bookish look, the mare who was cute but turned a deep hue of red at the word love? or maybe some rocking, here-I-Am, lisen up look to complement those lovely eyes, miss...?"

"Cute and punk, you say? Let me see..." Calypso spent a bit mumbling to himself, words like "a bob" and "slight neck tear..." condencing out of the soup of letters. Suddenly, Calypso stood up a little taller as his horn glowed of magic, several combs and sissors floating from a nearby drawer. Calypso dove into Stardust's hair, snipping away curles and loose ends.

"So, would a mare as lovely as you be spending the night playing music? I assume, of Course. What do you exactly do?"

Nebula would fix her things, setting her textbooks and papers down on the desk. Double checking her stuff, the filly would nuzzle her picture of her family after taking it back. Finding a mirror, she'd check over her new mane style and smile brightly, the blue highlights going perfectly with her.

"O-O-Okay, I-I'm r-r-r-ready!" She'd smile brightly, dressed in her saddlebag, her bag filled with bits now firmly clamped in her mouth.

Papyrus nodded at the small filly, admiring the happy aura that she gave off with the pep in her step as she trotted over. However, at the sight of the bits being held in her mouth, the unicorn shifted her weight from hoof to hoof. [colour=#66cc66]"You wouldn't wanna lose that, exactly..." [/colour]the green mare leaned down, took the bits, and then put them in the white foal's saddlebags. She checked her own orange saddlebags for her things, gestured for Nebula Rose to come over, and stepped outside of the salon.

Papyrus nodded at the small filly, admiring the happy aura that she gave off with the pep in her step as she trotted over. However, at the sight of the bits being held in her mouth, the unicorn shifted her weight from hoof to hoof. [colour=#66cc66]"You wouldn't wanna lose that, exactly..." [/colour]the green mare leaned down, took the bits, and then put them in the white foal's saddlebags. She checked her own orange saddlebags for her things, gestured for Nebula Rose to come over, and stepped outside of the salon.

Nebula would happily follow behind Papyrus, the filly pausing to give Calypso a wave goodbye and disappeared outside of the salon. Stomach growling, and still slightly drowsy, she kept extra close to her new-found friend. She was smiling, brightly, happy as she was before.

Calypso waved goodbye to Nebula, and thoughtfully tapped a hoof against his mouth.

"Well, theres two types of ponies in canterlot. the high class, rich ones... and us, the struggling artists, making our way in the world. And, given such a exsquisite sample that you are, with your mane not seeing much action in awhile, I went with Musician."

Calypso took a step back and grinned at the blooming red on Stardusts cheeks

"My, my, you certainly blush a lot. don't you get more compements?" Calypso said as he stepped forward to cut her bangs." I chose Canterlot because that was were the two sides of my life meet. My high class, gentlemane style and my loose inhibitions when partying. and, let me refute your question with, do you have famiily in canterlot?"

Calypso took a step back and grinned at the blooming red on Stardusts cheeks

"My, my, you certainly blush a lot. don't you get more compements?" Calypso said as he stepped forward to cut her bangs." I chose Canterlot because that was were the two sides of my life meet. My high class, gentlemane style and my loose inhibitions when partying. and, let me refute your question with, do you have famiily in canterlot?"

Stardust shrugged a little. [colour=orange]"To be honest, no. I don't get a lot of compliments[/colour] Then she frowned a little. [colour=orange] Actually, I'm here for a show. I live in Fillydelphia. And it's been awhile since I've been home, or seen my family for that matter[/colour]

"Uh, cock your head to the side a bit..."Calypso said, weeving a comb through Stardusts hair. it had a nice complection, silky but not greasy.""Fillydelphia? ive heard thats its pretty rural at the moment. But, im sure your Coltfriend and Family are decent folk." A gentle spritz of water flicks into the back of Stardusts head.

"Well, better on,and off then none at all, right?" Calypso says, grinning. Himself, a single for six months, after a kindly put breakup (Read:calypso said he liked her, but she was too angry for him. he still has the bruise from the tomato can.)

Papyrus carefully surveyed the land around her. Canterlot was a big city, and that certainly didn't help. According to her train map, they were in the Southeast, and according to her memory, all of her (though great and memorable) instances in Canterlot were more so in the very middle of the city. She cursed at herself in her mind for not bothering to bring a real map on her way. Instead, she looked down and Nebula and smiled at her nervously. [colour=#66cc66]"Well, this should be an adventure." [/colour]the unicorn said optimistically. She took a step off of the front porch of the Shockblast Salon. As far as she could tell, this was fairly similar to central Canterlot. The streets were still mainly lined with lavender sidewalks and had nice green roads. The buildings were still tall and towering, and ribbons still hung from some, while others chose to be short and stout but just as elegant. However, the placement of said buildings was entirely different.

Papyrus began to step away from the salon. The green pony tried to walk slowly, so that the small filly and her short legs could keep up. She looked around cautiously. There was no way to tell where anything was, based on her sense of direction. Pap supposed she needed to fully use all of her other senses. She knew in the back of her mind that it would be a bad idea, considering the ones she mainly used were purely sight and a tad bit of common sense, but it shouldn't be all too hard, should it? The pony started trying to trust her sight less and more trust her other senses.

She listened for the sound of an oven timer ringing or a pot of water bubbling. She stuck out her nose and sniffed as discreetly as possible, trying to make out the heavenly aroma of freshly baked bread or a pie sitting in a window to cool. She listened for the sound of an outdoor seat pushing out or a few ponies talking through a mouthful of hor d'oeurves (despite the obvious violation of unspoken Canterlot manners). After a little while, her eyes caught target of a few umbrella-covered tables sitting out front of a small shop.

[colour=#66cc66]"Looks like we're here..." [/colour]the older pony trailed off worriedly. Would she be able to hide her social anxieties for the point of getting this filly some lunch? It appeared that it would be quite the challenge, considering the rather large swarm of ponies that were outside. They were all prancing about, giggling, chewing a bite or two, going back inside with their empty plate for seconds so that the dishwasher wouldn't have to do more work than necessary. Pap was known for her shyness and social awkwardness, and this situation screamed at the back of her mind to run far, far away.

Nebula would nudge Papyrus forward and smiled, "Come on, Miss Papyrus! I know this pony, he's the best pegasus chef in all of Equestria!" She'd tried to pull the larger pony along with her to the cafe. Getting in line, she'd be wide eyed at the menu, trying to decide exactly what she wanted.

However, there was a thunderous voice that echoed along the street, turning heads and scaring someponies. "Nebula!"

Said filly would squeal, hiding under Papyrus as a pair of guards marched towards the cafe. The two were intimidating in their sheer demeanor, and their polished golden armor reflected against the sunlight. The former was shorter, and was a splitting image of Nebula, and the eyepatch was a dead giveaway to just who he was. It was Ruby Quasar!

The latter, however, was more intimidating. He was a unicorn stallion of a serious demeanor, with a deep crimson mane and bright red eyes. He was simply an epitome of strength, his muscles toned and built for a fight. Running along his muzzle was a deep scar, marring the stallion's face.

Almost immediately, the older one was in Papyrus' face and looking down at her. "Miss, give me a good reasoning as to why you're with my foal and why I received multiple notices of a foalnapping?" Ruby would simply stand at attention, but kept an eye on the filly.

Calypso's sissors clicked across Stardusts mane, follics of hair waving down , in a poetic dance. A cowb was lifted through her mane, slipping strands through its teeth. "How did you come across my quaint little salon?" Calypso asked, gently pushing down her ear.

Shrunken pupils and a rapidly increasing heartbeat, at the point where it seemed like it would thump right out of Papyrus's chest any second, it seemed like they were the only things she could remember. Foalnapping? Papyrus would look at her hooves if she wasn't paralyzed in an utter fear of Nebula's father. She would never do something so absolutely vile. His bright red eyes threatened her, and his words certainly twisted the knife in her wound. The pony felt a stinging in the corners of her eyes, even though she knew it was just a misunderstanding, she felt like she would break down any second. The small filly behind her seemed like she was depending on a sort of strength and courage that the Manehattan pony just didn't have. However, despite the horrible urge to cower and burst into tears, she shakily stood on her hooves.

"[colour=#66cc66]I-I'm sorry-- sir! I just...[/colour]" The mare was sputtering and tripping over her words like they were huge obstacles. Papyrus sighed. "[colour=#66cc66]I was just getting her something to eat. I saw her at the barber, helping out the stylist. She seemed hungry and a bit upset, so I tried to get her some lunch.[/colour]" Despite her weak explanation, the pony hoped that Nebula Rose's father would accept it.

Shrunken pupils and a rapidly increasing heartbeat, at the point where it seemed like it would thump right out of Papyrus's chest any second, it seemed like they were the only things she could remember. Foalnapping? Papyrus would look at her hooves if she wasn't paralyzed in an utter fear of Nebula's father. She would never do something so absolutely vile. His bright red eyes threatened her, and his words certainly twisted the knife in her wound. The pony felt a stinging in the corners of her eyes, even though she knew it was just a misunderstanding, she felt like she would break down any second. The small filly behind her seemed like she was depending on a sort of strength and courage that the Manehattan pony just didn't have. However, despite the horrible urge to cower and burst into tears, she shakily stood on her hooves.

"[colour=#66cc66]I-I'm sorry-- sir! I just...[/colour]" The mare was sputtering and tripping over her words like they were huge obstacles. Papyrus sighed. "[colour=#66cc66]I was just getting her something to eat. I saw her at the barber, helping out the stylist. She seemed hungry and a bit upset, so I tried to get her some lunch.[/colour]" Despite her weak explanation, the pony hoped that Nebula Rose's father would accept it.

Nebula's father, Black Hole, softened slightly at her words. He took a shaky breath, and finally his eyes softened to whatever point the veteran could do. "...You're taking the time out of your day to help feed my daughter." He seemed slightly taken aback, but kept it deply to himself through a stoic face. "I... have never met another pony in this city who'd do such a thing." Turning to Ruby, he'd nod and dismiss the young stallion.

Ruby, giving her sister one last glance, departed from the scene and disappeared down the street.

Taking his helmet off, the stallion's crimson mane was all over the place, untidy and unkempt under the plumage of his helmet. "I apologize for my shouting. My daughter... I can't see her due to issues with my wife, and my job keeping me away." Sticking his hoof out, his mouth curled into a smile. "Sergant-At-Arms Black Hole, Fourth Canterlot Patrol Squadron. Please, order whatever you two would like."

• 2 weeks later...

Now, Papyrus was not particularly known for her generousness. This was of course not because she didn't have a caring and kind soul willing to help anypony who was down on their luck, but rather because she never really could work up the courage to express herself. A homeless pony sitting in the gutter would rip her heart out, but an interaction with somepony who she wasn't acquainted with did not appeal to her that much. She'd walk past him, the soft jingle of coins in her saddlebags as she walked past overwhelming her with guilt.

This meant the unicorn did not have much experience. This also meant that when the pony first expressed her inner compassion for a complete stranger, she was completely unsure what to do once thanked for it. Pap looked into Black Hole's name-fitting eyes for a moment, but then her eyes closed and she sighed. No reason to be nervous, she said to herself in her head, just grab the order and quit being such a scaredy-pony. Papyrus cleared her throat and looked up at the shop's menu, trying to sound unworried and nonchalant. [colour=#66cc66]"I'd like to purchase two daisy sandwiches, first one with white bread and the other with whole wheat, and a short glass of water." [/colour]Pap's facade of nonchalance worked well, though, and the clerk nodded eagerly and sped off.