[Appleloosa, Open] Cheery's Ice Cream and Fan Shop, Ready to Serve!

FlameddragoAG

Razor pondered on that. True he had seen ponies do things with hooves that frankly made no sense.

"Yeah.....it makes no sense. I don't even want to know how they manage to write and draw." Razor said.

When Pound talked about Astral a bit, Razor had to look at the unicorn mare again. He just really couldn't see past the high status clothes, but he didn't really know her so he guessed he would take Pounds word for it, "I guess....though all I can just say......why is she wearing all that in a place as hot as this place? Just makes no sense to me."

What Pound asked next took Razor by surprise, and for a time he didn't know what to say. Till finally he just said, "I.....I just....uh....shyness."

'Hope that ends that railroad. Don't really want to go into that with somegriffon I just met. In fact I don't want to at all.' Razor thought. His thoughts were interrupted by a sniffling he picked up. He turned back to Astral and saw that Cheery was gone, but his keen predatory hearing told him she was now in the kitchen. Crying?

"Well that's odd? Whats that about?" He asked confused.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, girl. You need to get a grip! You can't go ahead and cry in front of the customers! Now, just get their order and come out like nothing was wrong. Easy!

Cheery was in the kitchen, giving herself a small pep talk. These ponies wanted some ice cream, and she wasn't going to cry or do anything rash right now. All she needed to do was get their treat, get paid, and get over herself. She could always go and hop on the train back to Canterlot, what was the big deal? When her time allowed it, that is...

Cheery had been in the back for a good twenty minutes, sorting her thoughts out and going about with a cloth under her magic, cleaning areas that were not dirty. After she felt good enough to start with Astral's order, and started going through her stock of ice cream. Now, what did they want? Two waffle cones... double scoops... but what else? Her mind had been preoccupied with her thoughts about Canterlot for so long, that she completely forgot about the order. Cheery wracked her brain for what Astral said to her.

Now, Cheery could have easily gone back out and asked Astral for the order again, but in Cheery's mind, she really didn't want to something so... unprofessional right now. Especially right after her little breakdown.

Well, since my ice cream is so so good, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine with anything, right? Umm, yeah. Just keep up the self-esteem and everything will be good.

So, that's what Cheery did. Grabbing some random tubs of ice cream, scooping a different flavour into each waffle cone. She then decided to add some flair and drizzled strawberry syrup on one, and caramel on the other. Wrapping the two of them in a napkin so they wouldn't drip all over, Cheery took a deep breath and carried them out back into the front, where Razor, Astral and the other griffin that Cheery forgot the name to, chatting away.

Alright, just play it cool. Pretend nothing was wrong and they will think the same.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hello there! Super sorry to keep you waiting, but your order is finally ready to go!"[/colour]

Cheery held up the one with strawberry syrup with her magic, giving it a once over just to make sure she knew which flavours she used.

[colour=#40E0D0]"This one his one scoop of Blueberry Muffin flavoured ice cream, with another scoop of... umm, Banana Parfait drizzled in strawberry syrup!"[/colour]

Cheery then lowered the first ice cream, and then raised the caramel syrup one.

[colour=#40E0D0]"This one has a scoop of Hot Chocolate With Marshmallows and a scoop of Triple Fudge Delight with caramel sauce. I really hope you enjoy, and when you're done, just come up to the counter to pay. Have a Cheery day!"[/colour]

Cheery then handed over the strawberry syrup one over to Astral and the caramel towards the griffin she didn't know the name to. She hoped they would like them, considering that she forgot their order. But now wasn't the time to panic, she just had to sit back and pray to Celestia that they would like them and they wouldn't be angry at her service. With that, Cheery started trotting back to her place back behind the counter, wiping her hoof across her forehead and sighed.

Alright, now all I have to do is wait. I did good though. I kept my cool and pretended nothing happened and held a smile. I should be happy about the outcome! But then again, why do I feel so empty inside?

[colour=#008000]"Astral's a total diva, she has tah look like a rock star everywhere she goes."[/colour] He said as he playfully rustled the unicorns mane. She seemed like she was in a slump. Pound figured that if he could get a reaction from her she'd stop thinking about whatever was bothering her.

Razor reluctantly answered the question. [colour=#008000]"Okay, Ah get it."[/colour] He could respect that this was forbidden territory for this conversation. The fact that Astral had not reacted to his teasing worried him, usually he'd get a stern lecture or at the very least have his claws forcefully pushed away. He sighed and shrugged Razor, he was just as confused about what happened.

Astral simply looked at the floor with a flat expression.

After a while Cheery reappeared from the kitchen with their ice cream. Pound's tail started wagging as the beautiful mounds of frozen flavor drew closer to him. The mare explained the flavors to her patrons and with each word out of her mouth Pound's beak watered more and more. His eyes widened as she handed the double scoop waffle cones to them.

Astral took the strawberry syrup covered one into her magical grasp and stared at it.

Pound accepted the caramel covered one and gave Cheery a huge smile.[colour=#008000] "Oh man, oh...Look at this!"[/colour] He exclaimed. He lightly licked the treat and his eyes shot open. After taking a huge bite out of the chocolatety ice cream, He let out a deafening howl and tapped his leg furiously on against the floor.[colour=#008000] "This. Is. Amazing! Astral, c'mon, try it!"[/colour]

The unicorn tasted the ice cream, but her expression didn't change.[colour=#008080] "It's okay I guess." [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"That's it."[/colour] He said as he stood up.[colour=#008000] "Ah'm going to talk to the creator of this wonderful treat, Astral, Razor, excuse me for a moment." [/colour]

Astral sighed and sat at the table with Razor right as Pound walked off.

The griffon walked up to the counter and casually leaned on it. [colour=#008000]"Name's Pound Sterling. Let me tell ya, this is some of the best ice cream ah've ever had. What's your secret?"[/colour]

Razor had already finished his ice cream, as it was a test sample. But he was just focused on the mare he sat next to now. Frankly, he didn't know what to do.Should he socialize? He didn't feel he should, sure Pound didn't bring up his size, but you could never know with ponies. They tended to notice or make a comment, sure not out of curelty or to be mean but either way it still drove Razor insane.

"Uh...." Razor started....."nice.......dress....really matches your.....eyes."

Razor really didn't know how to deal with canterlot ponies. And even if Pound said she wasn't like that, Razor still felt unsure of her.

(ooc): Sorry I'm late to the party, didn't know you already started this RP up!

SilverStar.PNGlgcFVs.jpgkVfbss.jpg

[colour=#FF0000]"Hurry up, Sheriff! You promised to buy me some ice cream at the new shoppe today!" [/colour]Louise LaMare shouted as the light brown Pegasus mare flew on ahead of Sheriff Silverstar and Doc Holly Day who were galloping to keep up with her.

[colour=#8B4513]"Hold yur horses, Miss LaMare!" [/colour]the mustached lawpony shouted upward. [colour=#8B4513]"Ain't no need to git in no big hurry!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Can ya blame her, Sheriff?" [/colour]the older red maned unicorn asked as he continued to run by his side. [colour=#696969]"Thar ain't much excitement in this here town and havin' a brand new ice cream parlor's big news!" [/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Reckin yur right about that, Doc," [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar said as they watched Louise enter the store first. Her eyes grew as big as saucers at all the furnishings of the store. She smiled widely as her two stallion friends reached the front door.

[colour=#FF0000]"C'mon slowpokes! Let's have some ice cream!" [/colour]Louise teased.

[colour=#8B4513]"T'aint fair! Yur faster cause ya got them wings!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Nevermind that, Sheriff. I want some ice cream too, After all, you owe me after I beat ya five straight games in checkers yesterday."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Ya did have ta remind me of that, didn't ya." [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar gruffly said as the three found a table near the store's other customers: Astral Romance, Pound Sterling and Razor.

[colour=#FF0000]"Say Sheriff, looks like we have newcomers to our little town," [/colour]Louise said in a hushed tone. [colour=#FF0000]"We should greet them and make them feel welcome."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Absoltively," [/colour]the Sheriff answered with a nod before walking over to them. [colour=#8B4513]"Howdy folks! Welcome to Appleoosa! I'm Sheriff Silverstar, this is famous Western novelist Louise LaMare and this here's Doc Holly Day, our town doctor! What brings y'all to these here parts?"[/colour]

Seems kind of quiet. Never really had a day like this before. Oh well, I can just relax for a bit.

Cheery was watching her customers for a bit while at her counter. She was watching her new friend Razor sitting with his finished ice cream sample, chatting awkwardly with both Astral and the other griffin. The new griffon was happily eating his ice cream with, commenting on how good Cheery's ice cream was, which made her feel a lot better. Her ice cream was always her pride and joy, and seeing somepony happy with it made her happy, and made her more confident. Then there was Astral Romance. Even though she really didn't want to think back to her embarrasing out bursts with Astral, she couldn't help but notice that the unicorn mare was... sad. And even Cheery knew that it was because of her and how she acted. She really didn't want to see her like this, after all, her special talent was making ponies happy!

Deciding on the obvious fact that Cheery needed to talk to her about this, Cheery started to get up off one of her chairs to go talk to Astral. But before she knew it, at the exact worst time, the griffin that she didn't know the name to came up to the counter, going on about the ice cream that she gave him. Now, she liked praise as much as the next unicorn, but right now she had a job to do, and that is talking to Astral.

"Well, umm, you see, I'm really glad that you love my ice cream Pound(Pound Sterling! That's his name!), and I would be honoured to show you how I make my ice cream, but I really need to speak to As-"

And wouldn't you know it, at this moment, three new customers show up at the door. Perfect! Just what she needed!

I guess I'll have to save it for when i'm done with these three.

One was a pegasus mare, who came through the door first, followed by a red maned unicorn with a burly mustache, and the sheriff of Appleloosa!?

Cheery was perked up right again when the lawpony showed up at the door. She never really spoke to him before when she moved in to Appleloosa, but no time is like the present, I guess! It was a complete surprise and honour to see the sheriff actually wanting some ice cream, so she wasted no time in giving a good first impression.

Forgetting all about Pound and Astral, Cheery ran up straight to the trio, who was over by the tables talking to Astral and Razor. Right away she walked up to the sheriff and shook his hoof, smiling like a schoolfilly.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Oh my gosh, I really can't believe this! H-Hi, I'm honoured to have our esteemed sheriff come to my ice cream shop! Umm, I'm Cheery, and... *gasp* wait right here!"[/colour]

Cheery sped into the back once more, wanting to give a good impression to the lawpony. Cheery ran right back out in less than a minute, covered in green coloured ice cream and holding up a simple Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream cone in her magic.

[colour=#40E0D0]"H-Here! Free sample! Only for the best!"[/colour]

"well ah'll be," pound confused. Cheery's attentions suddenly shifted to a new group of ponies who entered the ice cream shop. Immediately the griffon frowned up when he saw stallion with the sheriff badge.

Pound looked at the sheriff. "work" he relpied dryly. He almost ignored the other ponies there, but he made an effort to sound like he was addressing them all. Pound continued to leer at the law pony covertly as he ate his ice cream.

Astral sighed and smiled weakly at the new additions. "nice to meet you all, im Astral Romance, and the griffon is Pound Sterling"

Razor felt one of his eyes twitch as he was ignored by Astral. But he wasn't surprised as well, probably felt he wasn't worth her time, something Razor was use to among ponies and his own kind.

"Right.....whatever." Razor said, as he looked over at the new comers. He sighed and rubbed his head as he saw three new ponies. Now there was a crowd, and Razor would be a chickens uncle if neither of them didn't bring up his height. It hadn't happened yet, but Razor knew it would. It always did.

During this time, Razor heard his stomach growl slightly begging for something to eat. Razor sighed and leaped up and over Astral landing on the floor with ease. He walked over to the counter and looked at the prices for serving sizes. He would probably settle on something small, but the only thing he wasn't sure about was the flavor. Once more his inexperience with this sugary, creamy, cold substance making him feel foolish.

[colour=#8B4513]"Why thank ya, ma'am!" [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar neighed as he reached up to grab the floating ice cream cone. [colour=#8B4513]"Looks wonderful! Say Louise, ya gotta try this here ice cream! Louise? LOUISE???"[/colour]

Louise LaMare squealed wildly at the sight of the two griffins. Immediately, the Pegasus mare rushed up to them.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi there! I don't often see griffins around town, but I think you guys are awesome!" [/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Whoa thar Miss LaMare," [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar urged, [colour=#8B4513]"don't wanna scare'm off."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh, right, sorry about that," [/colour]Louise said in a calmer tone. [colour=#FF0000]"It's just that I've always been fascinated by griffins. In fact, one of my very first novels was written with griffin characters."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Griffins?" [/colour]Doc Holly Day asked in surprise. [colour=#696969]"Excuse me Miss LaMare, I thought you wrote only Pioneer Pony novels."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes, I do and I did, but once in my younger days I wrote and published a book called 'War of the Roses' about two kingdoms of griffins during the pre-Equestria period of history. Sadly, that book didn't sell as well as all my Western novels. But I SO enjoyed doing the research for that book! I'd love to sit and chat with both of you about your insights into griffin culture sometime."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Now now, Miss LaMare. I think yur a-comin' on a little TOO strong thar."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Yeah, don't wanna make anypony upset," [/colour]the red maned unicorn said with a smile.

While Razor was trying to decide what to have, nothing big as he had to keep to a steady balanced diet. He soon found himself under the excited attack of a pegasus mare.

"Uh...I....I...huh?" Razor said confused as he backed away from the mare. The excitement was just a bit unnerving.

Once Louise calmed down, or Razor hoped she had he said, "Uh. Hi, and no worries. Just....try not to freak out again if we ever see each other again. Draws too much attention."

When Razor heard the title of the book he said, "I read that. I found it a bit lacking in some material, though all in all it was.....decent I guess."

'Why is it, that wherever I go I seem to be pounced on by hyperactive and possible insane mares?' Razor thought, starting to notice a pattern. He backed away a bit from Louise just incase she tried to hug him. He didn't need to look like a blushing idiot with all these ponies about.

Cheery was delighted that the sheriff liked her ice cream on his first taste! She had to contain her excitement though, she didn't want to do something that would get her kicked out of town or anything. So she tried to keep her normally bubbly attitude down just a tad, so she doesn't scare off the lawpony.

Noticing that the new trio was busy chatting with Astral, Pound and Razor, Cheery walked back to her counter, momentarily forgetting about talking to Astral and just watched them converse with each other. When they were ready to order, they would come up and just ask. No problem there.

Letting her mind drift off momentarily, Cheery then noticed Razor at the counter, checking out her price sheet. Perhaps he was ready to order after enjoying his sample. Or mabye he just wanted to talk? Only one way to find out!

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hey there Razor, quite a crowd in here, huh? I never would have thought the sheriff would want to deal with something as minor as an ice cream parlor. What do you think about him? He seem alright to you?"[/colour]

Cheery had noticed Razor's reactions to the new ponies, so perhaps she might delve into that a bit more. She really did want to speak more to the interesting griffon, but first, she had ice cream to sell.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Anyway, you seem like you could do with another serving of Cheery Brand ice cream and magical fans! So, what can I get for you? I have waffle cones, normal cones, double and triple scoop combos a wide assortment of toppings like candy, syrup, chocolate and more, an even wider stock of ice cream flavours, magical fans to keep you cool through warm weather, and so much more! Just say the word and I can get you anything you want! ANYTHING." [/colour]

And just to put emphasis on the word, she batted her eyelashes a bit. It was always so fun to put emphasis on stuff! Anyway, Cheery then picked up a notepad from underneath her counter with her magic and readied herself for Razor's order. I mean, a griffon who's never had ice cream before has to buy a lifetimes worth if he wants to catch up! But if he doesn't know what kinds of ice cream to buy, that might be a little problem. That's why Cheery was here, to make everything so much easier!

[colour=#40E0D0]"Now I see as your not as much of a frozen treat connoisseur like me, you probably don't even know WHAT to buy. So in order to make this easier on you, tell me what your favourite dessert is. It could be a type of cookie, or donut, or anything sweet! Chances are that I have something similar to what you told me in stock! Sound like a plan?" [/colour]

Razor looked from Cheery to the sheriff. He looked at the law enforcing pony for a moment before shrugging, "Eh...seems okay."

When Cheery began going on about ice cream cones, Razor thought on it for a moment before saying, "Uh....just a small bowl of ice cream. Any flavor."

When Razor saw her eyelashes flutter Razor blushed a bit and looked away, rubbing the back of his head. What did that mean? 'Why is she doing that? Don't females only do that to guys they like? AGGGH! so confusing.' Razor thought as he tried to figure this confusion out. Why were girls so darn hard to figure out.

Razor groaned rubbed his temples, before heading back to his chair. Today was getting both confusing and whacky. Nothing new, but he felt it was going to be bad for his health.

Cheery had paid attention to Razor's simple order. A small bowl of ice cream with any flavour. At first, she was a little confused by why he rejected her flavour plan, but perhaps he didn't care about the flavour too much, considering he didn't even know what he wanted in the first place. At besides, it worked before with Astral and Pound Sterling when they ordered theirs, it should work for Razor!

Cheery gave a little nod and jotted down something on her notebook. She then looked up and gave a little salute.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Of course my fine griffon! One bowl of ice cream with a flavour of my choosing, coming right up!"[/colour]

With speed and flair, Cheery made her way back into the kitchen and did what she does best. She whipped up a bowl and spoon, and dug around her freezer for the perfect flavour for Razor. As she was working away, she also realized she didn't give Razor her gifts from the first customer! Magicking up a spare miniature enchanted fan and a special coupon for her store, which was a 'buy one, get one free' kind of coupon, she made her way back to the front in record time.

Cheery laid down all of her items down on Razor's side of the table, and smiled at him. He was kind of cute, for a griffon.

Wait, why did I think that!? Ugh, must be getting tired already, I can't think straight I guess.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Alright, Razor, here is what you asked for. A small bowl of Apple Pie ice cream! Oh, and I forgot to give you you're other prizes for being first in line! A miniature high-powered fan for those summer days, and a coupon for a 'buy one get one free' deal! I really hope you enjoy, and when your ready to pay, just come get me. Hope you have a Cheery day, Razor!" [/colour]

She gave a small bow and giggled. She just loved her job. She couldn't wait to see the look on Razor's face after trying her highly acclaimed Apple Pie flavoured ice cream! That was the joy of serving ice cream, you can't wait to see the faces of the ponies who receive them!

Cheery realized that she still needed to talk to Astral about everything that happened before. She still looked rather sad as she snacked on her ice cream cone. Deciding to kill two birds with one stone, she walked over to Astral's side of the table and looked down on her with a sad smile.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hey, Astral. Umm, when both of us have some free time, do you mind meeting me in the back behind the counter? I just want to talk for a bit, if you don't mind."[/colour]

After getting a response from Astral, Cheery turned back around and noticed the new three ponies, still chatting away. She decided to see if they were ready to order yet. She walked over and couldn't help but shake the hoof of Sherrif Silverstar's hoof with a wide grin. And just because she didn't give the other ponies as much love as she gave the lawpony, she walked over and gave heavy hug to the red maned unicorn and the pegasus mare. Always make the customers feel safe and relaxed!

[colour=#40E0D0]"So, I see that someponies have a little ice cream craving! Ready to order yet, guys? Or would you like to continue talking to these fine folks over here?"[/colour]

Pound took a step back when the over enthusiastic mare rushed up to him and Razor. He looked to Razor, then back to miss LaMare puzzled. [colour=#008000]"Whoa, whoa. Ah don't know nothin' about culture. Sounds like somethin' you'd ask another griffon."[/colour] After seeing the mare calmed down by her party, the griffon took a more relaxed stance. The sheriff wasn't bothering him so he decided that it wasn't necessary to have his guard up. It was hard to relate to these ponies, Louise LaMare was the the one he had the most initial connection with but it was such a stretch, they were both writers in some capacity. Pound mentally sighed decided that a little was more than nothing and went with what he had.

[colour=#008000]"I may not know much, but you've gotten me curious. I mostly stick to works of science fiction and poetry, so I heard of any or your works. Tell me about these western novels you write miss LaMare."[/colour]

-

The ice cream was sweat, but the her mind was bubbling, wondering what she had done to the Cheery.[colour=#008080] "Of course,"[/colour] Astral said to Cheery. [colour=#008080]"Simply get my attention and I will come talk to you."[/colour] The unicorn mare perked up a little, perhaps this entire thing could be resolved.

Astral turned her attention to back to Razor, she had heard his awkward compliment, but when the the sheriff and his entourage came in the conversations kind of meshed together and she ended up only replying to the freshest thing on her mind. Sadly, it was their introductions. She didn't want to ignore anyone. She fought back a frown, she had done what was perhaps the worst possible offense, at least that what she believed.[colour=#008080] "I apologize dear, sometimes I lose focus. Thank you for the compliment, while I do not believe that any hoof made fabric can match the natural extravagance of my coat, I still commend excellent work the fashionista who created this put into it. She put her heart and soul into its creation, so you see, though the components may never match me, the mares efforts made the creation the most beautiful thing ever; however, twas idiotic of me to wear it in this heat!"[/colour] She smiled sheepishly at Razor.[colour=#008080] "Oh, it seems that I went on quite a rant and I don't even know you name. I'm Astral Romance," [/colour][colour=#000000]she said as she extended a hoof.[/colour]

Razor picked up his spoon, spinning it dexterously with his talons for a moment before taking a bite. He swallowed the substance swiftly and pondered on the taste.

"Tastes okay." He said taking another bite.

After two more bites Razor looked over at Astral, who finally seemed to notice his compliment. 'Took her awhile, and she certainly has a high opinion of herself.' He listened to her for a bit going on about how her coat was far better then the dress. Yeah, she really thought highly of herself.

"Yeah....kinda dumb to wear all that in a hot enviroment. I'd give you about two or three minutes outside before you started sweating, and in longer terms you would start to suffer heat stroke, dehydration although since your in a town the chances of suffering dehydration are slim unless you have tastes in water." Razor just chuckled slightly, who would be dumb enough to have standards for even water? You would have to be really really foolish to only drink sparkling water, which Razor could never figure out the difference between it and common water. Water was water right?

Razor took the offered hoof, careful not to scratch her with his talons. He had learned the hard way that a normal griffon claw shake could be rather painful to a pony, "Oh yes, my name is Razor. Fastest griffon in all the world."

Sheriff Silverstar and Doc Holly Day nodded at each other before gently pulling Louise LaMare away from the griffins and back to her own seat.

[colour=#8B4513]"Better watch what yur'a doin', Miss LaMare," [/colour]the Sheriff warned softly, [colour=#8B4513]"I'd hate to have ta arrest ya for disturbin' the peace."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Perhaps we should order now," [/colour]added Doc, [colour=#696969]"Remember Sheriff, you DID say you were treating us, right?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Right! And wait till ya try this ice cream I got the free sample of! It's SO good I'm gonna git me a whole bowl of it!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"It's that good?" [/colour]Louise asked, [colour=#FF0000]"I'd like some of it as well then!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Oh, Miss Cheery!" [/colour]Doc Holly Day called out, [colour=#696969]"when you are free, we'd like to place our order."[/colour]

Cheery was feeling pretty good by the time she was done talking to the three parties. Razor, Astral's group and the sheriff's party were all interesting, friendly individuals that she felt lucky to have met. To her, that was just another joy of working at an ice cream shop. Cheery was back at her counter, working through her thoughts as she waited for either a new customer or for an old one to come up to her. Since she had the time, she thought back to her earlier conversations.

First there was Razor, who had taken his ice cream curiously and carefully, checking out the textures before taking a bite out of frozen treat. He had complimented her ice cream on its flavour, to which Cheery had thanked him for his words and told him that when he was done and wanted to pay, or get more, or just to talk, to come get her at the counter when she wasn't busy.

Then there was Astral, who had taken Cheery's request rather gratefully, obvious that she wanted to sort out the little outburst that Cheery had a while back. Astral even began to look a little happier when she had her spirits lifted by the soon-to-happen chat that the both of them were to have. After Astral had answered, Cheery gave her a friendly smile, and a knowing look, that said 'I know what's bothering you', before turning away and walking over to the final team of ponies.

Cheery had walked over to the sheriff and his comrads, and used her normal customer approach, since she didn't have much time to chat with the new ponies and learn their stories. She had simply asked if they were ready to order, not sure what else to add, and apparently weren't ready to order yet, as the sheriff was still finishing his sample, and the rest were talking to Pound, Astral, and Razor. So, without much to do, and not wanting to call Astral over just yet as the sheriff's party might call Cheery during the meeting, Cheery decided to go through her ice cream stock, cleaning her messes from earlier, and washing herself clean from the leftover Mint Chocolate ice cream. When she had done all this, Cheery had walked back over to the front of her store, and laid her head on her counter, physically and mentally tired from the day so far. It was then when Cheery had started to think back to her day, thinking back to the friendships she made, before being interrupted by the burly lawpony, finally ready to order.

Cheery lifted her head with a groan, brushing back her hair with one of her forelegs and called over the trio of ponies, struggling to keep a cheerful tone over her slightly strained one.

[colour=#40E0D0]"...And right when I thought I was getting a well-deserved nap...Ahem, I mean, I'm free right now, not doing anything right now since there's no line-up, so step right up and jump onto the Cheery Express! WHOO WHOO!...oh, that's means come up and order, just in case if you didn't know. Tee hee!"[/colour]

Cheery was now sporting another trademark grin, with half of her energy back and giggling at her behaviour and waited for the ponies to come up to the counter.

I think it's time for another sales pitch.

[colour=#40E0D0]"So, hello, my name is Pleasant Flurries, but you can just call me Cheery. Just in case if you don't know, we, meaning me, sell a wide variety of ice cream flavours like Cherry Cheesecake, Toffee Explosion, and others, along with toppings such as chocolate sauce and gummy candy, and different cones for different ponies, for a very low price! In addition to ice cream, we, again, meaning me, also sell one-of-a-kind enchanted fans, made by yours truly, to survive the harsh hot weather of Appleloosa and its surrounding areas, only fifteen bits! Anyway, enough rambling, thank you for supporting 'Cheery's Ice Cream Emporium of Wonders and Fan Shop'! What can I get for you fine folks?"[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"I'd like to think that I'm more sturdy than that, but what you speak is simple biology. I do try to be less...hm, attention hungry. As you can see, I'm still a work in progress."[/colour] She snickered a little in her hoof. It's true, Astral was working on being more humble, it would make her an overall better pony, but at the same time being greater than what she is now was an impossible thought to the pony. She was already the greatest, what could lie beyond perfection? She shook the thoughts out of her head. [colour=#008080]Modesty[/colour]. she repeated internally.

She and Razor shook, his grip was firm, the only thing firmer was his declaration. [colour=#008080]"Oh and I was trying to be modest by not calling myself the greatest, but then you place that big title on yourself."[/colour] She gave him nice smile as she pulled her hoof away. [colour=#008080]"I be careful out there, other griffons are sure to come after that title, but i'm sure you can handle them with no problems."[/colour]

Razor shrugged, "I love a challange, keeps things interesting and tells me what areas of my training schedules I need to improve on if I do lose. That is why I'm the best, because I always take every defeat and victory into critical account and try to figure out how I can do better."

"So you and Pound are in a band, so what do you do if he plays instrument? Sing? Dance? Manage?" Razor asked.

Looking down at his ice cream he noticed that he just had a slightly big chunk left, and with a shrug finished it in one bite. Something he came to regret when he started to feel a cold sensation in his head, causing him to grip his head with his talons and say, "Feezing.....in my brain."

[colour=#FF0000]"WOW! Such wonderful flavors to choose from!" [/colour]Louise shouted. [colour=#FF0000]"I'll have Cherry Cheesecake! Sounds delicious!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"And I'd love a heapin' bowl of that thar Chocolate Chip Mint ice cream ya let me try, ma'am," [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar said with a smile as he turned his head towards Doc Holly Day. [colour=#8B4513]"What'll ya have, Doc?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Toffee Explosion for me, Miss Cheery," [/colour]the red mustached unicorn said, [colour=#696969]"I haven't tasted real toffee since my days in Camerlot when I..."[/colour]

The doctor stopped speaking when he saw and heard Razor. The unicorn physician immediately rushed over to the griffin, levitating his black doctor bag with him.

[colour=#696969]"Take it easy thar, sonny. Ya seem to be in pain. Maybe ya best let me have a look, I am a doctor after all."[/colour]

"Excellent attitude to hold. Let competition empower you!" Astral exclaimed as she made a flexing motion with her left leg. "It's the same in the music industry."

Her mood brightened up quiet a bit. Razor's competitive attitude had a lot to do with it. The griffon was almost exactly like her, they let their failures and loses fall beneath him, but instead of being weights that held them down to the ground, they became stairs that could be used to ascend.

For a moment she had a big smile on her face, the attitude that got her

"Me? Why, I'm the lead singer and guitarist dear. A shame you couldn't meet.....Pfft," She nearly fell over in a fit of giggles. "I'm okay, I don't see why I didn't notice earlier. The third member of our group, Blackburn, is a pegasus named Razor Gale." Before she could even fully recover she fell back into a giggling fit when Razor gripped his head. He was being attacked by the arch enemy of all ice cream consumers. The brain freeze.

She walked over to him, still giggling, and patted him on the shoulder. "Looks like somegriffon is enjoying the ice cream more than they let on."

Razor leaped from his chair when the doctor pony approached him, "Back up I'm fine. Just.....my head got all cold for a moment thats all."

Razor didn't need a doctor poking him for something as minor as momentary freezing in his head. Why did all ponies get so crazy over a little pain?

"I'm fine, thanks for the offer but its cool. I'm a griffon I can take a little pain, I've done worse to myself after crashing into the ground while at top speed."

Cheery had seemed delighted by her customers choices. They had seemed really keen on ordering her ice cream, which had risen her spirits and given her that extra boost of energy. She really couldn't wait to see these ponies faces when they tasted the real deal.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Alrighty then, so thats one scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip, one scoop of Toffee Explosion and one scoop of Cherry Cheesecake, each scoop on a simple cone. Just sit tight and I'll have them before you can say 'brain freeze!'"[/colour]

As soon as she said these words though, as by some sort creepy fortune telling, she heard a grunt from Razor, who was clutching his head in his talons, grimicing from what Cheery saw all the time throughout her whole life.

The pony with the red mustache had then rushed to Razor's side and pulled out a bag full of... stuff that doctors had. What? Cheery was no doctor, so how should she know what all of that stuff was?

As Cheery looked on, she could see Astral having a giggling fit over Razor's predicament, while Razor was pulling his 'tough' act and telling them that it was no big deal. Even so, Cheery could still tell that he was having a rough time.

Now, one of Cheery's motives were to always make the customers feel happy and healthy. No matter what, she would help out to the best of her abilities until they were better. Luckily, though, in this situation, Cheery was glad she had developed an affinity to ice magic.

Cheery then lept over the counter in an overly heroic way, speaking out in a calm, determined voice.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Everypony stand back. I got this."[/colour]

She walked past the Sheriff and the pegasus mare, and walked up to Razor and the doctor. She laid a hoof on the pony's shoulder and shook her head.

[colour=#40E0D0]"I'm sorry, doc, but I don't think common doctor tools can handle this. Just leave this to me, I've done this many times. I know what I'm doing."[/colour]

She then walked past the doctor with a determined look on her face, and up to Razor. Cheery's eyes were steeled over, observing the griffon as he sat at his table. She breathed slowly, and wiped her forehead with a foreleg, drawing sweat. She was here to finish this, nopony was getting a brain freeze on her watch.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Now Razor, I know your ice cream induced headache may not seem much to you, but it is my duty to make sure everypony is happy and healthy, and I don't want to see you in a sour mood. Now, this will only take a second, don't move."[/colour]

Cheery took her stance and focused on Razor and Razor alone. She closed her eyes and she did something that she liked to call 'drawing on the power of the Ice Cream Gods'. She believed in all the deities of the Frozen, who give her strength when dealing with anything ice cream related, like getting rid of a brain freeze. This might seem a little offputting, but you could say it ws just Cheery being Cheery.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Oh, Gods of the Frozen, give me the power and will go banish Razor's headache!" [/colour]

Then, she opened her eyes and sent a beam from her horn towards Razor's head, engulfing it in her magical aura. She kept it like that for about ten seconds before letting her magic go. She then ran over to Razor and held his head so that he would be looking directly at Cheery, and gave him a friendly smile.

[colour=#40E0D0]"So, Razor, how do you feel?"[/colour]

She hoped that her prayer to her 'gods' and her magical experience was good enough to fix Razor's headache.

Razor felt a panic coming up as he was now being magiced at...what he didn't know what else to call it.

'What in the world?' He thought as Cheery charged up whatever crazy spells unicorns had.

"Wait Cheery really it's not that big of a..." Razor tried to say before he was blasted with magic.

After the aura of magic vanished Razor just sat there, wide eyed. He checked his pulse, held two claws infront of his eyes and pricked his shoulder a bit to see if he was still alive, not suffering any hallucinations or dreaming. Everything seemed okay, he sighed and rubbed his head.

"Look......please don't do that again. I'm not a fragile doll like you ponies seem to be, getting crazy over the simplest of things. Unless I'm screaming in agony, one of my wings sticking out in a awkward and unnatural angle and other signs of serious injury please don't use magic or ask to examine me medically again. Please." Razor said, trying his best to be civil, "Just please...give me that much. I get enough worrying from my mother when I stop at home for visits. She still thinks I'll put myself in the hospital again."