Artificial Harmonic [Ready]

SonicRainboomGirl

Thank you, Rosewind. I think the main thing I liked about Mr. Trotters was his personality. I'll keep the Pony Floyd for crossovers and revise this to be more of an original character.

Am I allowed to keep his appearance, general history (not the specifics- just a kid who hated oppression, lost his dad, etc...) and name? I can obviously remove the direct references and such, but it would be really difficult starting back from scratch.

The main problem is that characters for Mane RP really should be designed like they would be right out of the cartoon. Overly dark tones and themes of loss are discouraged, in favour of focus on positive aspects and themes about a character. You will need to heavily redesign this character to avoid directly referencing any real life content -- so yes, the name will need to be changed. Use your idea more for inspiration than for character design, as it must echo the aspects of Equestria, not a person in real life.

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't think of a cutie mark...

All references removed, name changed, backstory edited. This seems pretty canon to me! Other than the cutie mark, it should be good to go. I could use some help with a design for that though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there. :)

Just looking at the app and I noticed a few small areas of complaint:

It was a political album, shaming Celestia's banishment of Luna to the moon and inability to see any sort of return of Discord.
As far as the government is concerned, Artificial considers it an enemy. He never did like that Celestia banished her own sister to the moon and thinks that was a downright silly action.

I understand the intent with these passages is to use these as an example of him taking a political stance which is fine for a musician... but I don't think it quite works like that here. We need to remember that Luna's banishment and Discord's initial sealing are both events that happened 1000 years prior to modern day. Sure, maybe Celestia's longevity makes it a little different, but I don't really think Luna's banishment would be considered a hot, divisive political issue of the day anymore. I mean, I don't think we necessarily see a lot of musicians in real life protesting the mistakes of leaders back 1000 years ago in the middle ages, and if they do that's not really "being political" exactly. This should probably be changed some.

It's also an odd sort of thing for him to base his entire opinion of the Equestria government on. Are there any other issues that makes him dislike or distrust Celestia, or is it just these things that happened way before he was born?

Also, under the cutie mare image in the spoiler you still have his old name. That should be changed while you're at it.

Hope to see this stamped soon. ;)

• Like 1