Artificial Harmonic [Ready]

SonicRainboomGirl

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Artificial Harmonic

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Chocolate brown

Coat: Light beige

Mane/Tail: A medium-length brown mane and tail, lightly waved.

Physique: Trim and fit, medium height

Residence: Manehattan

Occupation: Musician.[colour=#ff0000] (You mean you don't know who I am? Good Celestia, I'm Artificial Harmonic! Legend'ry rockstah? Front'mn, bassist, and songwritah for Trial Scene? Haven'tchew evah even hahd of Lunahr Accident? Ugh, what a vile genahration you oll belong to, you simply must learn about DECENT music. Take this, it's my album "Introverted Judgement". If you don't enjoy list'ning to it, you're beyond repair.[/colour][colour=#ff0000])[/colour]

Cutie Mark: Artificial Harmonic was cutie-markless for a very long time, displaying many talents across the board. Still dumbfounded as to what his very special talent was, Artificial Harmonic continued to go to school as usual. He was often made fun of for his blank flank and felt saddened by all the mean-spirited comments.

One day Artificial was playing his guitar when an idea popped into his head: why not write a song that could really make a difference? A song that could show the world how blank-flanks were bullied? And he wrote a song.

Because of his excellent guitar skills, rich deep voice, and endless passion he earned a bass-clef guitar as a cutie mark. It was beautiful, and he strutted around even prouder once it was his. It looked amazing on his already gorgeous coat, he thought.

125nzev.jpg

I have permission to use this image as Artificial's cutie mark.

History: Artificial Harmonic was born in Manehattan, the son of two teachers. Artificial Harmonic went to school with all the members of his future band. Figures. He loved to play field sports, was strikingly intelligent, and could be found fighting for activism and the common good. As a young colt he also discovered a love of music; he found himself singing, playing many instruments, and composing. He was highly opposed to bullying and oppression, especially from the school's teachers.

Soon Artificial and his friends lost interest in their studies and found solace in music, starting up a band called Trial Scene. After not much time a small following had formed, along with a first album titled "The Lyrist at Dusk". Their original guitarist soon quit the band and Artificial began to chart Trial Scene's artistic direction. They were officially a strongly rooted progressive rock band.

Artificial became the lead vocalist, but stuck to bass. He stayed the band's creative consultant until he quit some time later. He was the lyricist and songwriter for most of their albums, including the infamous Lunar Accident. This concept album spread across Equestria word-to-mouth, soon selling tons of copies. In fact, it sold more than any Equestrian album ever had. Their songs were suddenly on the radio, heard by many. Before this the band had been somewhat popular, but suddenly the boys were some of the most famous ponies in Equestria. Over time Lunar Accident has become the best-selling Equestrian album of all time.

The band's next big success was Articial Harmonic's most personal work, Thin Ice. It combined his life story and the previous guitarist's, the story of a rockstar trying to come to terms with his life. This produced their biggest individual song hits. There was a huge tour following the album.

At last the final Trial Scene collaboration, Self-Centered Songs, was sold. Artificial Harmonic wrote everything on it (at least, that's what he wants you to believe). It was a political album, shaming Celestia's inability to foresee the return of the Crystal Empire or any attack from the changelings. Rolling Stallion magazine gave the album five stars, a rare and supreme achievement for any musician.

Amidst creative differences within the group, Artificial Harmonic left Trial Scene and began a legal battle with the remaining band members regarding their continued use of the name and material. He lost.Trial Scene continued on for a very short while longer until everyone else called it quits.

Artificial's solo career has been met with mixed reviews. Some call his new albums and material genius, some thinks its just terrible. He has reunited several times with the other members of Trial Scene, but their band is a thing of the past. A reunion is definitely not in his future. He has also performed on some of Equestria's largest tours.

Character Summary:

His life and opinions:

As far as the government is concerned, Artificial considers it an enemy. He just doesn't trust putting his life in the hooves of another pony. Although he is rather famous, Artificial Harmonic is a rather private rockstar. He doesn't want to display his personal life with the media. Artificial Harmonic is rather charitable with his money, and has played many concerts for the common good.

His flaws:

At time's Artificial's introverted nature gets in the way of a lot of opportunities. He gets cranky with others when they don't leave him enough time alone to compose. Artificial would rather starve than rely solely on the help of anypony else. With a temper to match his usual good-naturedness, Artificial has a tendency to fly off the handle and rage when he is angered or depressed.

Sometimes his ego gets to his head, and no matter how legitimate or important his opinions are he isn't good at getting them across. He can be awfully cruel towards posers and people who like to imitate him. He just loves to brag about his achievements. It's his way or the highway. Don't mess with this pony, you will never meet one more stubborn. When his ideals are strong and in the right place, this is a great thing. When Artificial ain't feeling so hot, beware.

His personality:

Artificial Harmonic is a very introverted pony, always needing time alone to think. He is fiercely independent, and an intuitive stallion who relies on his gut. Artificial likes things to be orderly and systematic in his world, but admires the chaos of life. His insight into emotion is uncanny, his love/hate relationship with life unique. He prides himself in being individual and original. His dry sense of humour also makes him a winner with many. He is a song-writing genius, and he knows it. He is a strong believer in equality for all, no matter their financial or class status.

Despite his complexities, Artificial is a generally caring and kind individual. He has always been artistic and creative, finding hidden meanings, beauty, and possibilities in everything.

[colour=#ff0000]A PICTURE BLOG[/colour]

2pyazkj.jpg

[colour=#ff0000]A classic photo indeed, Trial Scene had such a greatness 'round it.[/colour]

pony_floyd_2_by_darthtater342-d56c7br.png

[colour=#ff0000]I'm easily the most good-lookin' in the band.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]30sya8i.jpg[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Even as a foal I was strikingly handsome. What a lucky stallion I am![/colour]

i3ufdt.jpg

[colour=#ff0000]Egotistical? Arrogant? Maybe a slight bit. But how could I NOT be? I'm a genius![/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Our Friendly Neighborhood SteelEagle is going to be busy for a few days, so I am going to jump in here.

[colour=#ff0000]First things first. you are going to need to reword a the entire history in your own words (it pulls just a little too heavily from the Wikipedia entry on Roger Waters, and we condemn plagiarism in any form.) Please do this immediately or we are going to have to lock your application and file it away at 3:27 PM EST tomorrow.[/colour]

There are a few other issues that I I have to point out as well. While having a pony character who is influenced or a parody of a real person or character from somewhere else is OK if it is ponyfied enough in WoE, having what is known as an expy, (exported character, and I am going with exported character because Roger Waters' public persona may be different from his private one as is the case with most rock stars) is not, so you are going to have to make him more his own pony, or he will have to be considered a crossover application. You have to rewrite that that part of his history anyway, so you can tone down the direct correlation while you are at it, maybe change some things up a bit.

I do rather like the character summary you have for him. It gives a really good sense of who he is, and if I did not know this was explicitly supposed to be a pony version of Roger Waters, I would still think it works. He's a talented, but WAY too haughty, jerk on par with Trixie, but has the skills to back it up.

Of course you were originally going to use him in crossovers partially anyway, so if you want to stick to classic Roger totally just getting his ego everywhere but being a pony, you'd be able to run with it better in Crossovers anyway. :)

Other than that, a few things we're definitely going to need you to change, there's a little British slang term used as an intensifier that you use that is not even a deal(huge or not) here in the US, but is considered quite a bit ruder over there in England. There are other words that mean almost the same thing but with far less offense, but if you are going to use them maybe sure that you know how offensive they might be considered in their country of origin. Not only in your application, but RP as well, unless RP happens to be in 18+. Just don't use it. It would not be used in a kids' show in England.

as much as I love pun place names...

Great Earthham Surrey Gotta go. Not on the map. Unless you're aiming for crossovers.

Other than that, I hope you know that Trotters is also the name of pigs hooves, which is kind of funny given the circumstances, and you need to change a few more "Wrights" for consistency.

Okay! I did some editing here, can you check it over again and tell me what else needs to be changed?

I'd like to keep it Mane RP, if that's okay. I'll be awfully careful about my content and storyline, I totally get your message about making him his own pony. I just wanted to try my luck honestly :D

Thank you again for looking this over!

Also, I would like to clarify that I wasn't trying to blatantly stereotype, I've got an english friend who says that certain expletive a lot. I didn't even know it was considered inappropriate. Thanks for clarifying! :-|

Hey there, SonicRainboomGirl, this is a pretty nice application you have here, and I'd LOOOVE to tell you it's suitable for stamping...

But...unfortunately, owing to the crossover nature of this application, it's not applicable since we generally disallow applications based on real or fictitious individuals into mane RP owing to the nature of the idea itself, which is why the crossover forum originally exists and can still be used to host these ponies in their full glory. I myself have been in this position, and I have to say that no matter how well you you adapt them to equestria whilst using the crossover concept in mind, there's no passing this application into the mane RP.

HOWEVER - Don't worry, this means you have 2 options you can readily employ to obtain a stamp.

1: You can convert this app into a more original entity by changing the name/band and all references into something a little more unique...and then resubmit.

You do lose the crossover element you might have planned originally, but you still have the ability to use the OC in much the same way you might have anyway.

OR

2: Change the RP Destination to Crossover RP and use him there - this means no changes are needed, of course, and gives you more freedom to play as you wish.

I apologize if this isn't quite the answer you were hoping for - but with the current options in place, you can have this app stamped in one form or another. :smirk:

Hmm, well I'm not sure what to do right now. I guess the fun of it would be to have an arrogant british rockstar character with a good heart. Buuut, it's going to be hard to change so many things, especially after the hours I put into this application. I'd switch it to Crossovers, but quite frankly I'm finding it hard to garner interest and quality in that forum lately. I feel like a lot of roleplayers just don't care for that and think it's a waste of time. I feel like half the people care and put in a lot of effort, while the others just throw bad OCs and arrogant words at you. They don't understand cooperative efforts. I once started an RP in the third person-past tense and somebody wrote their responses in the first person-present tense. Things like that drive me nuts and it sticks to Crossovers like glue.

This application has a real Crossover feel, it's true. But I did put and will continue to put a lot of effort and quality into this character. Not to say that all FFA and such are bad, I just don't feel like anypony takes it seriously. Therefore a lot of valuable RPers stay far away.

I'm at a bit of a loss as for what to do here, that being said I think I'll change this to WiP and make Jeff Letrotski "ready". I need to do some thinking and revising, maybe ask for some help.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Oh man. Now I feel like that one roleplayer who refuses to compromise and their app gets commented on FOREVER.

Let me clarify. I love compromise, and I'm willing to compromise. But at a certain point in time it gets difficult. That's what I dread. :sleep:

I know how frustrating this can be, but we really can't stamp an application like this for Mane. That doesn't stop this from being a thoughtful and quality character, though!

Remember that any thread, regardless of its sub-forum, is only as good as what you make it to be. The audience and player base are just parts of a greater whole, and you are ultimately responsible for your own experience by communicating with other players about how you would like a thread to play out, or what your expectations are.