[Ponyville] Autumn colours (Open)

Sourgrape

The cold winds blew through the air, indicating that winter would soon be on its way. The Vineyards had done with the heavy work of planting and storing away the crops, and Sourgrape had found herself with the very rare occasion that she had some time to herself. (Plus her parents had insisted very sternly that she spend some time away from the vineyards and she wasn't going to argue.)

Sourgrape tucked her wings tightly in to her sides and gave a shiver as another autumn breeze wooshed by, littering the ground with various shades of orange, red and brown. She hummed a soft melody under her breath as she watched the colours fill the air.

She had barely the time to witness such peace and quiet, and had not taken the time before to really take in the world she saw outside of her working schedule.

'Work....yes...work.....' Sourgrape thought to herself. Her mind soon became a mess of worries. Had she made sure the vineyard workers got their schedules? Had she made sure the sprouts were all locked safely in the greenhouse?....Had she....

Sourgrape shook her head vigorously as she tried to erase such thoughts. Her parents had told her that they could manage, and she trusted them enough to take their word. It was their vineyard, and they knew what was best.

The purple mare came to a bench, and jumped up on it. She lay herself down and took the weight off of her feet for a spot of pony watching.

The stoic mare sighed and took in a breath of fragrant autumn air.

Autumn, a season that could mean only one thing for Sky Flare: Leaf Storming! The stunt pegasus got the idea from seeing the Running of the Leaves and decided to give it his own little spin on the event. Instead of the thundering hooves of the ponies causing the leaves to fall, he opted to blast past the trees and cause the leaves to fall that way. As long as he didn't hit any trees, he should have fun.

Taking off into the air, Sky flew past a few trees, the force of his wake behind them blowing the leaves off. Unfortunatekly he failed to see that there was a bench under a tree where a purple mare was sitting until it was took late. The leaves showered the mare in a sunburst of leaves, making it look like a pony stacked a pile on the bench.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oops. Sorry," [/colour]Sky said as he say the leaf covered pony when he circled around, [colour=#FF8C00]"Here, let me help get those leaves off you."[/colour]

As soon as Sourgrape began to relax, she listened to the wind, and a certain tone of noise began to catch her notice. Like something was getting closer at a high speed.

Closer....

Closer...

closer still...

WHOOOOOOOOSH~

The sound was enough to take the purple mare by surprise. Her wings sprang out to cover her head as the leaves whooshed all around her, until all she could see was leaves. Leaves everywhere!

"What on earth~?!" She called out, her voice muffled by the pile of leaves that completely covered her.

Sourgrape heard a voice appologising. She poked her head out of the leaves to see the white colt circling above her, her face still stunned and slightly confused.

"Er. It's okay amico, I got it." Sourgrape responded, standing up and raising her wings. In one strong flap, the pile exploded in to colour, and she stepped out, shimmy-ing herself and folding her wings again to get the remaining leaves off of her.

"You gave me a big surprise seniore." Sourgrape spoke up, looking up again at the mare. "I enjoy looking at the leaves by all means, but I didn't expect to see them so up close and personal."

Sky could hear a voice mumbling under the leaf pile. Then a face poked out of the pile to catch a glimpse of the white pegasus. She looked confused which Sky figured was due to the leaf shower.

The fire manned pony landed and was about to assist when the other pony suddenly in one strong gust blew the leaves off of her. The force caught Sky by surprise as he was covered in a few leaves! For a moment there Sky stood stunned before shaking off the leaves. There in front of him was a purple colored pegasus mare standing in front of him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Heh, sorry about that again. I was trying to fly by the trees and cause the leaves to blow off, but I guess I didn't see you below the tree. Anyway, my name's Sky Flare, but you can just call me Sky was everypony does. What's your name?" [/colour]