{Bridlebank Beach} A Day on the Beach (Open)

ShadowWalking18

The red Pegasus nodded her head as the griffon spoke, “Windie needs to understand that she has to let herself grow up a little. Let the rest of her body catch up with her wings. She still has a few years to go before she enters that rather difficult stage in a young mare’s life.”, Fire suddenly felt very old. It just seemed it was like yesterday when she pacing back and forth with her brothers in Canterlot's maternity ward waiting to hear the good news. She, along with her brothers worried deeply about her sister-to-be's birth and their mother's well-being. Would the foal be born healthy? Or would she have the same problems Fire had faced at birth and during her foal-hood?

Thankfully Wind Walker was born without any complications and was as healthy as a foal could be. And it just felt like mere seconds ago, the older mare was rushing towards Ponyville on Nightmare Night of all times, praying that her sister had made it there safely, only to find a bobble-headed pony grinning back at her with a brand new cutie mark. And soon she would be a teen, then an adult, in the R.E.A, and maybe even in the Wonderbolts. Why does life have to flash by so quickly?

She shook her head and sighed, "Thanks Razor. She doesn't look it, but the little 'blue bumblebee' is a bit worn out from her race and the excitement and hopefully will forget about your little bird friend, I think I'll go and see if....", if the mare had been wearing any horse-shoes, she would have leaped out of them. Instead, she stopped dead in her tracks and fell on her backside. "Er...Oh...Ouch.Sir Swift?" she glanced up at the unicorn and the gifts he had brought with him, "Oh. thanks...I...er..", she blushed as the hat floated down onto her head. "It's nice.", she let him speak for a moment before adding, "I er..", she rubbed the back of her neck with a free hoof, "I really want to apologize for the way I've been treating you today, or even days.", she kept her voice low, "I haven't been treating you right. Here you are, probably one of the most respectable unicorns this side of Canterlot and here I am hoofing you like some love-struck little filly. I realized I've been doing this wrong..You need time..We can do this slow, if you like. Friendly conversation. Witty banter. Maybe a chance encounter outside while watching the stars..You put your hoof around mine. We talk. We laugh. I mention what was happening in Canterlot earlier that day, you tell me what you did back in Fillydelphia. Hopefully less somepony punching you, more that you were able to help flush out the dead weight in the R.E.A there and helped clean up the town.", she let out a rather sheepish grin, "Oh...You have something to ask me? Right go ahead.", she had heard this before in the past. 'Something to ask you'. Those dreaded words. Generally she would hear the next words, 'Can we just be friends', or 'Maybe we should spend some time away from each other, is that alright' or even worse, 'Would you mind attending my wedding? I'm getting married to a gal I just met while buying these gifts!!'.

The mare wanted to look away and even cover her ears. She also wanted to know what she was sitting on. Was it a crab? A seashell? Thankfully it was only a bottle cap. Sharp side down. Instead, she was brave, she fought back tears as she kept her eyes on Swift Squall and hoped she wouldn't make a fool out of herself in front of Razor and the kids...

Razor could tell a private moment when he heard, and saw, it. He quietly flew on over away and just stood by the kids.

"Think those two want some privacy." He said as he preened at his feathers. All that flight had misangled some and he worked to straighten them out.

"Hey any you kids want some cider? I got a couple of bottles." He offered. They offered him refreshment, the honorable thing would be to do the same.

"Big brother!" Someone called.

Razor blinked and turned slightly, "Glimmer? AGH!"

Razor was struck from above and went face first into the sand as a small griffon with a big purple bow on her head wrapped her claws around his neck and squeezed real tight.

"Big brother! I thought I smelled you here." The little griffon girl giggled.

"Mffmfmfm pmhmfmf mph." Razor said, his voice muffled by the sand as he pulled his head out and gasped for air. He looked with wide eyes over his shoulder, then smiled and pulled the little griffon to a hug.

"Glimmer! Oh it's good to see you." He said with a big smile, then blinked agian, "hey wait what are you doing here?"

Glimmer giggled, "mum and Dad sent me to stay with you for a few weeks while they are off on important business. They dropped me off at you hotel in Manehatten, but you weren't there when they left. But the manager told me you went to the beach so I followed your scent here."

Razor blinked, "You flew all the way from the city to here."

Glimmer nodded, "Uh huh."

Razor laughed and gave her a noggy, "Not bad kid. You're a hunter that any griffon would be jealous of."

"Ahah stop it." Glimmer giggled, trying to get away from Razor's claw.

Razor stopped and set his sister down, "Well I wasn't counting on this...but it's not a big deal. I got some snacks and drinks in the cooler of there." He pointed to his stuff, "And I guess you can play with the kids here, and later I'll play some stoop ball with you."

"Yeah!" Glimmer shouted and jumped, fluttering in the aira bit, "Stoop ball!"

Razor smirked, "Go get a drink first. I gotta talk to the kids here about something."

"Okay." Glimmer smiled and flew over and got a drink of juice.

Razor smiled then frowned and glared down at Wind and the colt. He bent low and whispered to them, being sure that only Wind and her friend could hear him, "Look here kids. My sister is a very delicate fledgling and while she is with me I expect her to be happy. So if she asks to play with you, you better not ignore her."

Razor cracked his neck as he continued, "Cause if I see her cry while she is playing with you. Even a small drop of tears.....I'll eat you. Especially you mister."

Razor pointed at the colt with a claw, "You try anything funny with my sister, and I'll show you that these claws arn't just for show. Got it?" Razor showed his claws, and plucked a strand of the colts mane. Razor dropped the hair over a claw, and it was split down the middle as it felt.

"I've got my eyes on you two." Razor said before pulling back and giving a small smile, his menacing attitude gone, "So have fun. And play nice."

Razor flew over to his spot, while Glimmer came back to join Wind and her friend. Razor sat down and looked at the kids, pointing a claw at his eyes, then at them.

-----------

Glimmer smiled, "Hi. My name is Glimmer, what's yours?" She asked as she offered her claw out to Wind.

(Please note, this post will only be Wind Walker/Fast Track’s response. Waiting for Swift Squall’s player to reply before posting for Fire Walker)

“I can’t hear what she’s saying, but I’m almost sure she’s talking about me.”, The blue filly whispered to the colt as he rummaged through the cooler, "Whatever Winds, I'm just trying to find a drink suitable for my taste buds and fake Zap Apple soda isn't gonna cut it today. I need..", Fast Track glanced up at Razor who was holding up two rather impressive bottles of apple cider, "Yes please!", the colt grinned wildly as he snatched up a bottle and tried his best to remove the cap, "Look Winds, it's the kind you need a bottle opener to open! Golly!". The colt started to go through a small saddlebag marked with a falling meteorite.

Once a bottle cap opener was found, the boy popped the top and drank the apple nectar, that until recently had been sealed from unworthy hooves, "Oh my! As my Auntie Cuisinier Fantaisie from Prance would say, 'This is chose réelle'. You want the other bottle?", The filly shook her head and held up her drink box, "You've got to be kidding.", he rolled his eyes at the girl, "You would rather drink that than this? Your 'Purple Stuff' is just water, sugar and probably corn syrup. Not a single bit of grape!", he downed the rest of the drink and let out a loud and very satisfied, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Wind Walker removed the straw from her mouth and glanced at the back of the small drink box, "Yeah, you're right. No grapes. However, it has Xanthan gum, Potassium Benzoate and Ace....acea.....er....Acesulfame Potassium. That's good, right? And that cider of yours, I hope it's not the 'hard' version. The alcoholic kind of cider? I doubt Mister Razor would give a kid real booze, but after the little incident you had when your dad let you take a sip from his wine cooler last Summer Solstice, I'd probably wait till you're a little older before you tried your hoof at it again. I mean seriously. You were dancing in front of those old mares, singing songs about goblins and shaking your rump. Probably the best time they had in years."

"Well, they did give me ten bits for my little show, so that at least had to count for something.", the colt replied back with freshly redden cheeks, "But enough about that, what's going on with the griffon?", they glanced over at the two, only to receive a face-full of Razor, "Uh.", Fast Track's eyes grew very wide as the adult made his threats, "Y-yes sir.", he let out a gulp, "Happy happy! Yes!". He was promptly pushed aside by the unimpressed filly. "Oh please. You sound like my sister. 'Delicate fledgling' my pony-patootie! She's at least two things that I can see. A girl and a griffon, which makes her two times as tough as any silly boy. We'll have fun with your sister while you relax and my sister goes through her current state of drama. Shoo-Shoo!", she glanced over at the young griffon and smiled.

"The name's Wind Walker. My shaky friend over there is Fast Track.", the blue pony gracefully took Glimmer's hand in a proper shake. She glanced over at her old friend who started to trot towards the restroom, "I'll see you guys in a second. Need to use the potty!". The mare shook her head and asked, "So, Glimmer, what should we do? Also, could you tell me a little something-something about yourself? I'm from Canterlot. I have a zillion brothers, one sister who is over there talking to her boyfriend. I'm really fast. So much so I nearly whooped your big brother in a race. I'm also taking weekend classes at the R.E.A base in Canterlot. My entire family has been involved in keeping Equestria safe since pretty much forever! While I do hope to join the guard, I'll also probably be joining the Wonderbolts as well.", she smiled proudly.

Glimmer:

Glimmer shook Wind's hoof vigorously, "Oh well I don't have a zillion brothers, only four who are all older then me."

Glimmer gasped when she heard Wind say she almost beat Razor, "Really? Wow, I didn't think anygriffon...or pony, could do that. I sometimes beat him, but I think it's because he lets me. I'm here to stay with my brother while my mommy and daddy are away on business. My dad's teaching new griffon military soldiers, and my mommy got a big contract with some fashion business and had to travel all the way to Talonopolis. When I get older I'm going to help my mommy with her business and then start my own."

Glimmer saw the colt runn off then giggled, "Is he your coltfriend? He's cute, if a bit silly. Did Razor threaten him or something, my brother tends to do that when it comes to boys and me." Glimmer giggled again, obviously finding that funny.

"Oh well want to go find seashells? Or maybe starfish? I've never really been to a beach before, so I don't really know what to do for play here." Glimmer said.

"I errr...", she rubbed the back of her neck with a free hoof, "I really want to apologize for the way I've been treating you today, or even days.", she kept her voice low, "I haven't been treating you right. Here you are, probably one of the most respectable unicorns this side of Canterlot and here I am hoofing you like some love-struck little filly. I realized I've been doing this wrong..You need time..We can do this slow, if you like. Friendly conversation. Witty banter. Maybe a chance encounter outside while watching the stars..You put your hoof around mine. We talk. We laugh. I mention what was happening in Canterlot earlier that day, you tell me what you did back in Fillydelphia. Hopefully less somepony punching you, more that you were able to help flush out the dead weight in the R.E.A there and helped clean up the town."

[colour=green]"N-no! Don't apologize, y-you were nice! And I don't care for respect at all, things that you did...wait, w-what?"[/colour] Swift stopped when he realized what Fire was saying. Did she said 'We can do it slow?'...suggesting that.....

[colour=green]"D-dear stars! S-s-she really l-likes me..."[/colour] Swift confidence disappeared again from this revelation . But this time it left a fuzzy and warm feeling inside.

Fortunately Razor disturbing feeding habits and arrival of his sister distracted both of them long enough for Swift to remember how to speak.

[colour=green]"Uhh..right, I..."[/colour] he mumbled. Fire may just behave like a love-stuck pony, but Squall was one. He shook his head to clear the thoughts.

[colour=green]"You see...f-few days ago my Dad asked me a favour."[/colour] unicorn begun [colour=green]"I never told anypony of our pack but when I was in the R-REA

I side-achieved a PhD in 'Classical Literature and Drama'."[/colour] swordstallion sat down and started crumpling the pantleg of trunks he wore with his forelegs, while staring at the ground.

[colour=green]"A-and because of this, my Pops asked me to write a r-r-review of the new play...that will have premiere ten days from now...I got t-two tickets..."[/colour] Swift blushed slightly and bit his lower lip. He was on verge of panic, but somehow unicorn managed to summon a courage to continue, even if he started stuttering even more.

[colour=green]"A-a-and I w-was wondering....W-w-w-w-would you like t-t-to go at that p-p-p-play with m-me?"[/colour] Swift Squall finally managed to spit his question out. Which was hard, since he was basically asking her for a date.

Wind Walker bit her tongue. While she was not afraid of Razor, she knew she was cantering into sensitive territory. She still believed her parents to be all-wise, all-knowing and nearly perfect, but she knew her siblings were just mere mortals. They had their strengths, their skills, but they also had their faults and weakness as well. Glimmer was probably a little younger than she or Fast Track and probably still needed to look up at her brother, and there would be no way a silly little filly who still had all of her baby teeth would be any sort of match for him in the sky. “Yeah, your brother is really cool. I’m sure he let me catch up with him before he went all ka-bloom-ery on me when we raced. He also showed us some really neat tricks. I’d be pretty happy if I were half the flyer he is now when I’m his age.”, the filly beamed, “And your pop sounds like mine. He’s an officer for the Royal Equestrian Army. He used to train ponies when he was younger, now he travels all over the place with mum on what I think he calls his 'training audits'. They make sure other towns are as well protected and staffed like Canterlot. They have been super-busy ever since the whole wedding between Shining Armo..er, Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. ”, she glanced down at her hooves and sighed, “Like your mum, my Granny used to make all kinds of pretty clothing. She even got to make the really fancy dress uniforms for members of the R.E.A, but she’s gone now. Miss her so much."

In the corner of her eye, she noticed the colt had skipped the bathroom and was making his way over to the small general store across the street from the beach. She wanted to know what he was up to, be wisely decided to say at the young griffon’s side. “Yeah. Fastie is a silly pony. He recently transferred to my school when he and his parents moved from Cloudsdale to Canterlot. When I first saw him, he was so shy, and so nervous. He had trouble making new friends, and he got picked on a lot by the older kids, so I knew I had to help! Now all my friends are his! He still gets a little nervous at times, and your brother did scare him just a little bit, but I understand. My sibs are just as protective of me. That just means your brother loves you and would probably do anything in the world to make sure that you are safe and happy.”, she scooped up a small bucket and glanced down the beach to see if she could find any promising spots for some beach combing. She motioned towards a small pile of what appeared to be a cluster of shells near an washed up log and started to make her way down towards the shells.

While still trying to adjust her new hat, Fire Walker sat patiently and listened to the unicorn. She kept a warm and friendly smile on her face on all times. This was a pretty new side of him she had yet to see, and he nearly reminded her of Wind’s young friend. She stopped fidgeting with her new gift for a moment, “Review plays? You are a pony of a unlimited talents and gifts. You never fail to surprise me. As for going to this play itself.', she paused for a moment as she mentally pictured her small ‘Wonderbolts’ Calendar she kept most of her appointments on. “Ten days, that’s a Friday, and I’m free that day. Is this play going on at Fillydelphia? I remember Muggo' mentioning this grand old theater they have in the heart of town. He used to visit it weekly as a colt. Said it was one of the oldest theaters in Equestria that was still operating. Always wanted to visit 'The Grand Old Mare of Locust Street' as they called it. So yes, I'll be more than happy to attend the play with you good sir.", she bowed her head, "And maybe after the show, we could grab a bite to eat..If that's fine with you? My treat. We can talk about the play and enjoy each other's company. ", she started to worry once more that she was going a little too fast, but what was wrong about a meal between two friends, even if it was obviously a date. She would just not call it that.

Glimmer followed, skipping happily and fluttering at times in the air, "Yeah my brother can be a bit over protective. One time he tied up several boys that were picking on me and left them hanging from a cliff. I forget if they ever got out."

Glimmer stopped and thought on it for a moment then smiled, "Yeah they probably did. Razor would never hurt anygriffon.....well at least not greatly. I think he just prefers to scare anygriffon that he dislikes or is mean to me." Glimmer giggled a bit and jumped onto the log when they got near.

"Oh this will be so cool," She said as she looked around, "Oh I hope I find a pretty purple shell. I love purple. I love pretty things actually. What do you like? I hope it's not bugs. Bugs are gross."

(Please note, this post will only be Wind Walker/Fast Track’s response. Waiting for Swift Squall’s player to reply before posting for Fire Walker)

The log shifted slightly to the right as the griffon bounded on top of it. "Oh! Look!", Wind Walker pointed out a small pile of purple-topped Cowry shells, "They're pretty, but they sort of look like open mouths. Almost like they're laughing at us.", she pushed her bucket a little closer to the pile and scooped up a shell with the flat of her hoof, "It's pretty cool to have a brother like Razor to look after you. When I was in school last year, I saw one of the bigger kids, a pony named 'Show Boat' picking on that little griffon girl I was telling you about before. He was saying some mean things about her, and she just looked at him with her sad eyes. She wasn't sure how to react. This obviously wasn't what he was looking for, so he just started to shout at her, which caused the tears to flow. I didn't like what I saw, so I quickly hoofed over to the mean-jerk-head and told him to stop it. He told me to make him, so I did!", she smiled proudly for a moment. "Thought I made things better, but the poor little griffon just cried even louder. Got in trouble too, and they made my parents pay for Show's doctor and dentist bill.", her ears flattened against the side of her head as she glanced down at the ground rather sadly, "When someone's nasty or mean to my dad, he just needs to give them a dirty look and they usually go away. Wish I could do that."

The moment she said 'go away', a familiar colt entered into view. "Sorry guys. There was a line.". Fast Track glanced over at the log, "I see you found some pretty shells. I see some 'Pegasus Wings', a few 'Horse Conches', which look to be broken, and even some 'Griffon Paws'. Are you looking to make..", he was quickly cut off by the filly, "Why are you wearing new swim trunks? They even have the tags on them." she asked as she glanced down at his new clothing. The colt started to turn a slight shade of read, "I. er.", he stuttered, "Can we talk about something else? Shells are nice! I like nice things.", he grinned back at the two and made what sounded like a 'squeak' sound as he did.

"Did Razor scare you so much that you had an little accident?", she wanted to chuckle as her friend quickly shook both of his front legs up and down in annoyance, "Alright! I won't mention it. So, what do I like?", she turned her attention back to Glimmer. Well, I do like pretty things, but not the cutesy-wootsie kind. I also like teasing Fast Track, cause he just gets so much cuter the more he gets upset.", she glanced over at the colt and playfully stuck her lounge at him. He rolled his eyes up and continued to look for sea-shells, "I of course like my family and the weekend training sessions I get to do. Once I graduate from high school, I'll be entering R.E.A camp, which I also like. I do hope to get to do some of the cool stuff my family does..My sister Fire got to escort Princess Luna one time, and my big brother Moon got to watch over some fancy famous mare from Manehatten during last year's 'Grand Galloping Gala' and he said he was in LOVE with her! So...", she lowered her voice, "Does your big brother have a girlfriend?"

Glimmer gasped and leaped for the purple coloured shells, "Oh my gosh I love purple." She squeeled and picked up several more and put them into the bucket.

"Razor is cool, he is the fastest flier ever. I think the fastest he ever flew was two hundred miles per hour, and he said he once broke even that record of his." Glimmer said with pride as she looked through the various shells.

Glimmer listend as Wind spoke of her sister and her family, "My dad always has a glare on his face. Except when he is with mommy, or me then he is smiling but it always seems wierd on him," Glimmer giggled, "He looks funny at times."

When Fast Track returned, Glimmer giggled at seeing his new trunks, "Ehehehe. Don't worry, Razor could have done worse. Even if he is smaller then most griffons, Razor is still a griffon and we can be very deadly when we want to be." Glimmer showed off her own claws, which seemed to have been maniqured and polished but still very sharp.

"Wow, your sister escorted a princess!" Glimmer gasped and squeld with delight, "Oh my gosh that is so awsome!"

Glimmer blinked when Wind asked if Razor had a girlfriend, "Why do you like him?" She asked innocently as she tilted her head slightly.

“Ten days, that’s a Friday, and I’m free that day. Is this play going on at Fillydelphia? I remember Muggo' mentioning this grand old theater they have in the heart of town. He used to visit it weekly as a colt. Said it was one of the oldest theaters in Equestria that was still operating. Always wanted to visit 'The Grand Old Mare of Locust Street' as they called it. So yes, I'll be more than happy to attend the play with you good sir."

Swift quickly rose his head upon hearing Fire words. To say that he was happy would be an understatement - unicorn was beaming.

[colour=green]"Really? You will? Really?! Yesyesyesyes...!"[/colour] he said very quickly in excitement, and then - before Squall could notice what his body was doing - sprung forward and kissed crimson mare on the cheek. Stallion froze in 'horror' realizing the deed he done before freaking out.

[colour=green]"Eeeek! I am sorry! Don't wanted to do that!...Okay I wanted, but not now! I-I was just so happy...YourightweshoulddothisslowPleaseforgivemeIjustthinkyouaresoprettyand..."[/colour] swordstallion mumbled at the speed of thunder before sticking his own hoof in the mouth. He was blushing furiously, flush on his cheeks so intense that almost glowing. Never before Swift Squall was so embarrassed in his life.

[colour=green]"I....I am sorry....I-I-I j-just never asked other girl before and...and....and...."[/colour] the usually cool and thought stallion was on verge of tears right now. He fall on the sand and covered his head with his legs in panic. Thank Celestia for the sunglasses....

At the same time...a long tentacle crawled on the beach and unnoticed, started slithering towards the kids....

"Like him?", the filly's eyes opened up wide, "No-no-no. I mean, he's cool and all..Really he is!", a red tint could be seen through the fur on her face as she broke out into a full-blush, "But he's just a little too old for me, and I already got my favorite colt right here.", she quickly started to make her way towards her old friend, but instead snagged a hoof on the strange tentacle causing her to fall face-first into a mound of beach sand. "Ouch! What the hay is that?", she glanced over at the soggy object that just appeared from the water, "Seaweed? Moldy driftwood?", she shook the sand from her face and continued, "Nah, I was thinking of an friend of my sisters. She's a griffon named Zelda, and I think she's about the same age as your brother. She's also super-pretty, really nice and she's both an artist and a blacksmith! While she lives in Canterlot, she does like to travel from time to...What the heck is this?", she noticed the freaky tentacle-thing that had slowly made its way from the ocean was moving, "Glimmer..Fastie..Don't let this thing near you.", she backed away from the tentacle, "Hey guys!", she called out to the adults, "I think something's trying to snatch us up! A little help would be nice!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Years of combat drills and training kept the rather surprised mare from being too caught off guard from the 'surprise-smooch', so she was able to stand her ground. "You're sorry? Please don't apologize Sir Swift. You're free to kiss me wherever and whenever you please.", she whispered to the stallion as she slowly and gently pushed away one of his front legs that had been covering his head. "It can be a surprise, or it can be announced. Don't care. Just as long as it's from you.", once she freed the pony from a cage of his own creation, she slowly helped the unicorn up, "Is that the children I hear? Screaming?", she glanced around in a near panic as she tried to figure out where they had wandered off too. She spotted the three who were slowly backing away from what looked like a long green snake. "Razor!", she called out to the griffon, "The foals are in trouble. We need to help! Come on Swift!", she shouted as she rushed over to aid the three.

Glimmer giggled at Wind's blush, "Aww you look cute when you blush. Yeah Razor is a bit old for you, but I don't think he would be good around girls. He-" Glimmer cut herself off when she saw the tentacle thing that Wind spoke of and immediatly shrieked with frieght and jumped away from it. She jumped behind Fast Track and held him in front of her, "Eww Get it get it! Get rid of it! Ahhhh!"

She retreated with Wind from the slimey thing using Fast as a barrier between her and it.

--------------

Razor's eyes snapeed open when he heard Glimmer scream. He shot up and turned with a snarl when he heard Fire speak of trouble.

"Trouble!" Razor said and snarled when he saw a slimey thing slithering towards Glimmer and her friends. He growled low and pounced forward, clearing the distance between him and the kids in one might flapy of his wings and a pounce.

He roared loudly, claws out and ready to do their work. He landed infront of the kids in the path of the tentacle and roared again, flaring his wings out to make him seem larger then normal. He clawed at the sand, sending clumps of it to strike at the approaching slithering creature in a preliminary show of aggression. If that didn't scare it off, Razor was ready to tear into this thing with his beak and claws.

Swift Squall would probably squee in happiness upon hearing crimson mare words and embarrass himself even more. However the unexpected danger that appeared spared him from that. When cry for help from the kids was heard his face changed in almost an instant - from one of embarrassed stallion inviting his crush for a date, to that of the readiness and absolute composure.

[colour=green]"The same thing that attacked me on the sea...?"[/colour] he guessed while fetching his sheeted blade with magic. He dashed after Fire stopping before roused griffon.

[colour=green]"Stop it Aquellian. You giving the creature your position."[/colour] he said quietly [colour=green]"Now listen, everypony...If it is what I think it is, it's just the very tip of the tentacle. Providing that I am not wrong, it identifies it's prey mainly by sight, but have problems because of refraction on the at water surface."[/colour] swordstallion explained in almost creepily calm voice. [colour=green]"Now...all of you will take wing...if we lucky it didn't spotted us alread..."[/colour] he tried to instruct them, but suddenly the tentacle on sand withdrawn back to the sea with...and then LOUD splash was heard....

From the deeps, a giant cephalopod rose...higher and higher and higher, until it completely towered over the group. The eyes glaring at them was the size of the pony on their own, and the sea monster itself was big enough to rival a Constellation Beast. One would expect the creature to roar at them, while it flung it's arms around - but of course it didn't; mollusca don't make sounds in the air. Still the tentacles as thick as train cars were imitating enough to make all of the froze for the moment.

[colour=green]"Kraken. Excellent."[/colour] Swift Squall said in deadpan tone. [colour=green]"This is gonna suck."[/colour] he added, but drawn his sword anyway, before charging at the aquatic monstrosity.

Fire Walker placed herself in front of the children, "You three need to get away from here. Go to town. There's a small station on the corner next to the general store.", she whispered, "Have them contact the R.E.A's 'Aquatic Wildlife Resource Department'. Then you three need to stay there. We will get you when things are clear. Just tell them there's some sort of Squid or Kraken nearby. An '10-91V'". Both Wind and Fast nodded their heads and motioned for Glimmer to follow them. Once all three kids were able to flee the beach, the elder Pegasus quickly followed after the unicorn stallion, "If you need to use your sword, please use the flat of the blade. Not like it could do anything, but we just need to make sure this thing doesn't hurt any other civilians. We just need to wait it out until the A.W.R.D gets here. They have ponies who can handle this sort of stuff!"

Glimmer screamed, "AHHHHHH!" and fleed with Wind and Fast. She clung to Fast in a tight griffon grip, which would be quiet strong, in fear. She didn't let go till they were far away from the beach. Though she kept watch of the horizon, watching the far off flying speck that was Razor flying past tentacles of the kraken monster.

Glimmer sniffed, "This stinks. Stupid squid thing coming and ruining my day with my brother and friends." Glimmer crossed her claws and kicked a rock in a pout.

Glimmer looked to Wind, "Do you think they're gonna be okay?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Razor slashed at a tentacle that tried to slither over to grab the kids, and sent the appendage back as his claws cut through the slimey skin.

"Stay away from my sister you slimey piece of calamari!" Razor shouted as he shot up into the air, flying past swinging tentacles. His claws slicing here and there, leaving small or large cuts in the krakens tentacles.

As Razor flew, through and around attackig tentacles he felt his adrenaline pumping and a smile came across his face, "I feel so ALIVE!" He shouted with joy and whooped in excitement, obviously enjoying the moment.

The Kraken swung a tentacle down at Razor, small hooks and suction cups on the appendage aligned to strike at Razor and either capture him or cut him. Razor dove down and dodged the attack and continued his dive as he brought out a claw and down across the kraken's eye. The result sent the kraken swinging its tentacles wildly in pain and swing out at Razor on instinct.

"Ha, eat that jerk!" Razor shouted as he flew up. He laughed revealing in his victory. He was so distracted in his pride, that he did not see a tentacle come at him from below.

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=green]"Got it."[/colour] Swift answered as mare flew over him [colour=green]"Not that I could deliver any hurt, in the shape I am."[/colour] he reluctantly admitted to himself right after Fire was out of hearing range. As he galloped forward, Squall jumped over low swipe of one tentacle and dive rolled under the other.

[colour=green]"No need to attack the creature..."[/colour] unicorn noted to himself, jumped aside, dodging the tentacle that smashed the spot he was a second ago. [colour=green]"With it having aim like that we can...wait...what?"[/colour] swordstallion rose his head as he dodged another tentacle slam.

"I feel so ALIVE!" He shouted with joy and whooped in excitement, obviously enjoying the moment.

[colour=green]".....And if not stop being careless featherbrain you will so DEAD next second."[/colour] Swift snarked in his mind...before barley evading the next attack of the Kraken.

[colour=green]"They got faster..."[/colour] he commented aloud in surpirse. Indeed the sea monster started to be much more aggressive in it's assault. Three more tentacles aimed at his position.

[colour=green]"Tsch..!"[/colour] Squall clenched his teeth when despite his impressive acrobatics one of the arms grazed him...

"Ha, eat that jerk!" Razor shouted as he flew up. He laughed revealing in his victory. He was so distracted in his pride, that he did not see a tentacle come at him from below.

[colour=green]"That's no playground you id-....Oh horse apples! HATE being right about such things."[/colour] he said, seeing Kraken attempting to smash Razor like a pinata. His horn flashed and he telekinetically dragged griffon aside in the last second and then down to the ground next to himself, for cephalopod wasn't giving up at it's murderous intent and took another swing at the Aquelian.

Swift managed to shield both of them with a forcefield but it was clear that spell was taking it's tool on him.

[colour=green]"Great, it's gone absolutely bananas on us for no apparent reason."[/colour] he noted strangely calm in face of being crushed...and then he saw the wounds inflicted by the griffon talons and claws on it's skin and eye. His left eyebrow twitched but swordstallion managed to control himself.

[colour=green]"........Okay...I take back a 'No reason part'."[/colour] he said in ever colder voice while gazing at the Razor. [colour=green]"Nice, nice, nice. I....heard about guys with a cruel and sadistic tendencies. Always wondered how one of them would look like. Well I have answer now it seems. Which part of 'waiting' that Fire said you didn't heard? Guess all of them...you was enjoying giving pain too much I believe."[/colour] he snarked and pausing before continuing [colour=green]"Thats your idea of 'fun' Aquelian? 'I feel so ALIVE'? Disgusting. Not that I am saint but...what were you thinking!?"[/colour] Squall continued to chew on the griffon as Kraken arms slammed against the barrier. [colour=green]"Just. Distract. It. We had to do only that. But nooooooo.... You had the be slash happy your featherbrain! Not only you accomplished absolutely NOTHING with that shavers of yours... you had to strike in the one place where Kraken could feel that and had to enrage it!"[/colour] while Swift Squall appeared to be unflustered on the surface, he was boiling inside.

[colour=green]"While I have a great urge to throw you at that thing as the distraction, I guess a short teleport have to suffice...one...two..THREE!"[/colour] unicorn dropped the barrier and transported both of them out of the harm way, just before sea beast arm turned them into the pasta.

[colour=green]"Ughh..."[/colour] Swift groaned feeling intense headache. He really shouldn't overwork himself like that, his legs were wobbling again,. Now Swift and Razor were standing on longest, highest and broadest pier in Equestria. [colour=green]"Now...scram griffon while I feel generous...there is no place for civilians. Kraken will be here soon. Occupy yourself with something - In your case, frying ants with a magnifying glass, or ripping of the housefly would fit - or be useful and evacuate everyone from the structure."[/colour] unicorn muttered, while trying to stand straight.

Fire Walker split away from the small group once the children were escorted to safety. She quickly made sure everyone else on the beach besides Razor or Swift Squall were helped off. Thankfully most were wise enough to get moving on their own, but a few stragglers had remained. As the griffon and unicorn tried their very best to contain the annoyed sea-creature, the red Pegasus helped a terrified school teacher and her small group of field-trippers away from the Kraken’s tentacles. Once finished, she spotted an elderly stallion wearing a rather large set of headphones,who was busy with a metal detector. While somewhat difficult of a chore, the mare was able to quickly escort the grumpy pony away as he hollered, "Darn young'n! That's no way to treat your elders! I was in the middle of finding a for-tune! Watch those hooves! I'm married!"

With the beach was now secure,she took to the sky, only to experience what it would be like to have been struck by a flying donkey cart. One of the smaller tentacles struck the side of the flying pony, sending her crashing into the soft sand below. Thankfully, one of the magics possessed by the Pegasus ponies was a bit of shock resistance while in flight. Her special sub-species were able to slice through trees while moving quickly, and even survive horrible crashes with only a few broken bones. Still, she felt every bit of it, and grumbled to herself, "Ah, for pony's sake, got me right in the cutie mark area.", she slowly got up and returned to the sky. There would be bruises and she would be smarting for the better part of the week, but she still had a job to do! She quickly spotted both Swift and Razor on their pier and quickly went after them.

OOC: She should be with them by the time one of you posts next.

********************************************************************************

Wind Walker, Fast Track and Glimmer made their way into the small general store across from the beach. The small pegasus quickly forgot the horrors they escaped as she spied a small freezer filled with chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, "Oooh! Cookie-Wiches! The Chocolate chip kind! Those are the best!", she quickly made her way over and started to pull out a few. "Wind! Seriously!", the colt grumbled as she made his way to the counter, where an older and cheerful mare decked out in a colourful "Canter-Mart" uniform. "Oh it's you dearie! You didn't have another accident, did you?", she glanced down at the colt who started to say something, but was quickly interrupted by the mare, "My youngest has the same problem. Can't say 'boo' without him fillin.....", it was the boy's turn to interrupt. "PLEASE STOP TALKING! Mon-ster! On beach! Tentacles! Everywhere! Call The R.E.A! Call Supercolt! Call ANYPONY!", he leaped into the air as he shouted. The mare sighed as she glanced towards the large window in the store and noticed the large creature in the background. "Oh dear. Haven't seen one of those in ages.", she cantered over to a small panel marked "DO NOT PULL! ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES" and the royal seal of the princess. "Might want to cover your ears. This gets a bit loud." With a simple push of a button, the siren was called, and yes, it was very loud. Soon the R.E.A would be here to save the day!

Razor felt himself getting yanked away, "What the-Hey I was busy!"

Razor blinked and being called cruel and sadistic, "Huh? Me? This is a monster creature that could eat us, and you're getting mad at me cause I'm fighting it!?! You ponies are bigger wusses then I thought!"

When they were teleported, Razor had a few singed feathers. He had a very displeased look on his face, "....I hate magic." He said, before rolling his eyes as Swift talked down to him.

"Yada yada yada. The monster was focusing on me, since I was the one hurting it! Natural instinct for a creature is to fight back the biggest threat, which was me as I injured it. I was keeping it distracted, though I will admit I got a bit prideful. But I will not be lectured and talked down!"

Razor glared at Swift and pointed a claw at him, "Here is something, instead of focusing on me and getting yourself all tired out why didn't you use your magic to trap the beast, or teleport ponies away! Or better yet, grow a pair of claws and fight the thing! You could have done any number of things besides teleporting us away and acting all high and mighty!"

Razor snarled, then looked over at Fire as she approached. He turned away from Swift and said in a worried voice, "Fire! Are you okay? Are Glimmer and the kids okay? Did they get away from that creature? Where are they?" Razor said all this as he ran over, ignoring Swift now as he had more important things to worry about. Like where his sister was and if she was okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Glimmer jumped and covered her ears, "Ahh, it really is loud." Glimmer said as she looked back to the beach to see the Kraken swinging its tentacles about, seemingly a bit confused over the disappearence of the griffon that had hurt it. She saw the outline of an injury to the eye and she gased.

"Oh look, Razor must have given that nasty thing the old one-two." She said, pointing at the kraken.

"Yada yada yada. The monster was focusing on me, since I was the one hurting it! Natural instinct for a creature is to fight back the biggest threat, which was me as I injured it. I was keeping it distracted, though I will admit I got a bit prideful. But I will not be lectured and talked down!"

Swift, leaning on his planted into pier sword gazing at Fire that was flying their way. [colour=green]"Oh Celestia...another one who's stuck in the teenager phase..."[/colour] he groaned in his mind before replying.

[colour=green]"......Maybe I got too far. That little 'recognition' of own flaw is enough for me....even if in a childish sort of way that's exposes more of them..."[/colour] unicorn said aloud and sighted,he was too tired to keep arguing. Besides Squall was savvy enough by this point, to know that talking will not work. Just...why he always have to run into types with ego's size as big as The Strand?

Razor glared at Swift and pointed a claw at him, "Here is something, instead of focusing on me and getting yourself all tired out why didn't you use your magic to trap the beast, or teleport ponies away! Or better yet, grow a pair of claws and fight the thing! You could have done any number of things besides teleporting us away and acting all high and mighty!"

Swift slowly shook his head upon hearing this statement. He was no longer angry - he couldn't seeing that griffon was totally green with dealing with such dangers

[colour=green]"Just like not everything with wings is as agile as swallow, nor fast like a falcon - neither all those who possesses horns are grand wizard extraordinaire Aquelian. In fact it's opposite more often then not."[/colour] he explained in his calm, warm sounding baritone. [colour=green]"Make no mistake - if I wouldn't transport us away from the creature we would have died. And such thing was very taxing for me - even more since I am pony of sword not sorcery, and not in the best shape too boot."[/colour] he admitted his own temporary weakness [colour=green]"To make things we can neither slay or knock out the Kraken. Not only the beast is the size of the cathedral, it has regenerative powers as well. If you look closely you will observe that wound on his eye starts to vanish already."[/colour] Squall informed the Razor before pulling his blade from the plank it was struck in and resting it on his shoulder. He gazed at the sea beast before turning around to see what was at the other side of the pier. It looked bad...really really bad.

Just then the Fire landed near them. It looks like she was hit - a bruise started to already show up on her flank - but thankfully mare seemed fine otherwise. He nodded at her - unlike the griffon she understood the full weight of the situation. And just like Swift, Fire didn't lost her cool - even if she was much more emotional, but that was one thing that made unicorn like her.

Stallion lowered his head and rubbed his chin with a hoof while analyzing their options.

[colour=green]"Behind this pier the houses of Bridlebark almost touch the shoreline. Kraken can't make it's way past here - otherwise results will be catastrophic. We have one weapon, one set of claws, two pair of wings and the horn thats right now only good for holding that blade in the air."[/colour] he said to himself, but loud enough so others would hear. Swordstallion paused a little before continuing [colour=green]"The water under pier seems to shallow for beast to swim under. It will have to go around, and we have to stop it from doing so with all our might..."[/colour] he rose his head and smiled weakly at the crimson mare [colour=green]"I am sorry Fire, but it looks like we don't have luxury off holding back. On the plus side I don't think we can either hurt it or anger it more than it is."[/colour]

Swordstallion turned around and walked to the nearest pier shack, before he unceremoniously kicked it's door down, too look for some improvised weaponry. [colour=green]"We have around seven minutes before it's gets here. And we don't know how long it will take for R.E.A ...."[/colour] just as Swift was finished the sentence a loud siren was heard, coming from the inland.[colour=green] "....Around twenty minutes."[/colour] unicorn smirked.

"Don't worry guys. The beach is secure for the moment.", Fire Walker landed near the two males as she spoke. "And the kids are safe in the 'Cantermart' across the street. They should have found the...", she paused as a loud siren could be heard from the small shopping block near the beach, "The R.E.A should be here soon.". It took a moment before she absorbed everything the two were saying, and some of it made her frown, "We are not going to harm this creature. I know it can and probably will do some serious damage to area, but that all can be fixed. We just need to be on our hooves..er..and toes.. And things should be fine. I'm assuming this Kraken is lost and confused. Maybe it was separated from its pod, or family group, or whatever these things swim with. We just need to keep it away from the beach as much as possible until the patrol gets here. I'm going to assume they'll be able to get some other Pegasus ponies over here and we can lure the beast back into the deeps. But for now...er...I'm at a lost on what to do. Any suggestions?", she glanced at the two, "I would like to get this done and over as quickly as possible so we can go back to enjoying the beach." With the exception of the bruise on her side, the mare's bathing suit was torn at the side, and for the first time, Swift Squall was able to see her cutie mark. It was of a speeding meteorite.

Razor cracked his neck, and did some stretches to get the kinks out of the muscles. "So long as Glimmer is safe. If she gets hurt even a little, I'll turn that Kraken into lunch meat and to Tartarus with the consequences!"

Razor took a deep breath and looked back to the Kraken, "I say we keep it distracted. Poke and prod it so it focuses its anger on us. Keep it in a single area so to prevent any further damage. Or maybe we can get a big magnifying glass and cook it. Calamari is good." Razor licked his beak a bit, but shook his head.

"Eh but that probably wouldn't work,and you ponies get all yellow when you even think of cooking another creature," Razor said with a roll of his eyes, "either way we need to keep the threat contained to as minimal an area of effect as we can until the relief team arrives."

Razor looked around, he wasn't a military minded griffon. He was a racer, but his father was in the military and that tended to always bring a few good years of lessons. Painful ones.

"Alrighty. I can fly and am a harder target to hit," Razor said, twitching slightly at the hint of his....smaller stature, "I say I fly about the Kraken and make it dizzy to keep it distracted. I won't get cocky again. Fire I think you should becareful in whatever you plan to do. You're already hurt once, so maybe you can keep back and act as a back up if I get whacked out of the sky."

Razor looked at Swift and rubbed his beak, "Hmm....not sure what you can do. You don't seem to want to hurt the thing, so that sword of yours ain't going to be much use unless you're actually willing to do some chopping. If not could I borrow it?. Maybe you can use your magic to throw blunt objects at the thing? I'm not a military general, so I hope the two of you can figure out something to add to this."