Glad Tidings [Ready]

Solaria

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Glad Tidings

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Emerald

Coat: Bright Cherry

Mane/Tail: She has a fairly straight mane and tail of Evergreen, though she's known to weave baubles and trinkets into them in a seemingly random fashion.

Physique: On the softer side due to holiday treats and sweets!

Residence: The Holiday House, her traveling home. This collapsible marvel goes everywhere with Glad Tidings, and gets bigger and better every year. The residence's decorations always reflect the closest upcoming major holiday, and it has become so grand and time-consuming that when its owner isn't out spreading joy, baking, or playing games, she's working on Holiday House. The guests and their happiness that fill it are completely worth it though!

Occupation: Professional Cheermeister (And salespony of various trinkets and baked goods). In fact, Holiday House more often than not has a shop on a lower floor.

Cutie Mark: A sprig of holly with two ripe berries.

History:

Glad Tidings's childhood home was always filled with love and laughter. Her mother would spend the days baking delicious goods that filled the kitchen with wondrous smells, while her father would go out and chop wood as a lumberjack. Holidays were major events for the family, from the mountains of grains and fruit for the Autumn Harvest to the cheeses, wines, and festives jams and cakes of Hearth's Warming. Glad memorized as much as she could about the traditions, hoping to have her own home just like that one day.

As she grew, the mare took more active parts in celebratory preparations, from baking to decorating. It wasn't until the year that Glad was allowed to run an entire Hearth's Warming Eve dinner event for her extended family that she got her cutie mark. Her love of ponykind coming together in exuberance and harmony each season, all exemplified by the symbol of the simple plant on her flank.

Since that day, the earth pony labored to find a way to spread the joy she felt during these special times with everypony she could. Her family came through again, this time helping her build the very first incarnation of Holiday House. With her new home in tow, the mare left to fulfill her self-appointed mission. She makes a point of visiting her family often, to both celebrate and show them the newest additions to her "mobile" home. Even they are starting to wonder how she gets it around.

Character Summary:

Glad Tidings is a very happy and extroverted pony who delights in spreading wonder and joy, and has the energy to back it up. Whether her seemingly-inexhaustible supply of cheer and hyperactivity is the result of holiday sweets or something else is still the subject of debate, but most don't care. It's hard to bother questioning how a pony is in three different places at once when it involves baking cookies, decoration, and caroling!

Glad's big personality and constant fun-seeking can occasionally get on more reserved creatures' nerves. She realizes this and is apologetic, but she just can't contain her nearly constant bubbling entertainment with Equestria and everything in it. If asked to leave she'll politely do so, moving on to the next area with fanfare! It's for this reason, not to mention her extremely active imagination, that Holiday House is perfect for Glad Tidings. Its modular nature makes it just as random as she is. Nothing warms this mare's heart like a smile on a face AND a heart.

• Like 5

Hey there! Friendly neighborhood RP helper here.

Glad Tidings is not only a great name, but a cool character! I think there's a lot of potential for adventure and fun with a travelling cheermeister--also a very cool term. Her history is nicely succinct and ties in well with her motivation and cutie mark. Very well done!

I look forward to seeing her develop and I'll be here if you need any help or questions. I'll also try to find some places where I can make suggestions that might be helpful. Take care!

She simple, and sweet, and I am sure you will make her personality shine during RP.

Ordinarily I would expect a longer summary, but you chose your words precisely to give us what we need to know about her. I might want to see a bit of an explanation of how holly relates to the holiday season in Equestria, since we already know its connotation on Earth, but because that is a more "curious on your take" question than an actual application problem I am going to approve her. :)

Go forth and bring cheer!

AppApproved.png

• Like 1