A Friend in Need ( Open )

MorningDawn

(I'm gonna rp as my oc Sapphire)

"What in Equestria is that smell?"

Sapphire rolled over in bed and glanced at the clock on her nightstand. It was 8:30.

"Oh no! I'm late for my first day on the job!" The cyan unicorn mare slid out from under her covers and began to comb her silver and white mane. She heard a faint ringing sound. It's probably just nerves,Sapphire thought to herself. I'll be okay. She opened the door and trotted to the hallway. Murky grey smoke rose bordered the door frame leading to the kitchen. It seeped out, the scent filling her nose. There was the ringing sound again.

"Oh Celestia! No!"

"Okay." Dusk had a feeling it was something, though. "Who wants breakfast!" She made breakfast for everypony, and turned on the television in the living room for the kids. She and Dopple ate in the kitchen.

"What?" she said, not realizing what he meant for a moment. Then it hit her. Her eyes widened. "Oh... I... I know.. Just.. You brought up so many memories.. And I've been alone for so long.. I..." She sighed. Here she was. She was going to tell somepony. Looking back on it, she would probably laugh, telling the story of how her life was ruined to the very creature who had ruined it. Or, the same type of creature anyway. She hadnt told anypony this story since it happened.. She had never had anypony to tell. A tear fell from her cheek.

He quickly wipes it away. "I am seen as a creature of no emotion by your people. Treat me like the heartless monster that I am seen as. Tell me how horrible I am for what my people did to hurt you so..." She needed to get this off her chest. It must've been torture for her to have him here when she has all this bottled up ager toward him. "No need to spare my feelings Dusk, I don't have any remember so go ahead and say everything that you need to say." He looked at her bracing for what was to come. He didn't want her to do it, but she had to.

"You heard me..." She said, not with anger, but with timidness. "It's hard enough to admit it to myself... When your kind killed Broad Sword, I became depressed.. Severally so... Nopony wanted to be my friend anymore. The friends I had made with Broad Sword.." she stopped for a moment. It was apparent saying his name was still a challenge. "They tried to help. They really did, Celestia bless them. But, I just got worse... There were rumors about me.. I dont know what they were, but I could see it in the ponies eyes. They rejected me.. Which made me even more depressed.. I..." She began to tear up more. "I even tried to commit suicide.. I felt like it was the only way to see Broad Sword again. After that failed, I realised that I was just doomed to a life of depression. My foalhood had been horrible. So why not my marehood, too? I was able to block Broad Sword from my mind. I blocked that day. But everypony else didnt. They never treated me the same. So I went about my life, jumping from job to job. I didnt have the motivation for my special talent anymore." She glanced at her flank. A flower. Each of the pedals, though, were a piece of paper, indecipherable writing on each sheet. "I used to write poetry. I burned it all, since it reminded me of him." She took a second to make sure she didnt descend into sobs. Then she kept going. "But then.. Then you, and Morning Dawn, and Lightning come along. So many new ponies, with no knowledge of my past, eager to make a friend. Yeah, I hated you. I hated all changelings. Who wouldnt? But then.. But then Lightning.. **** that alicorn, he convinced me somehow to give you a chance.. And... And you're like him. Like Broad Sword. Kind, and wise, and sweet.. I wanted to hate you. I wanted to let Lightning see what a monster you were, then bring you myself to the Princess. I was going to... I was going to ask to execute you myself.. And if they said no, then I was going to do it anyway, before the actual executioner could. But then I saw a way to see him, see Broad Sword again before I killed you. And I saw that look in your eyes. I contributed it at first to you being good at what changelings do, but... The more I thought about it, lying awake in my bed... Nopony had had that look in their eyes when they looked at me. Nopony but Broad Sword. And I thought back to just before you changed into him.. When you changed.. The look didnt. Now, when I see you.. I see that look.. And I'm scared. How could I be falling in love with a creature that ruined my life? How?" Tears were flowing freely now, squeezing out from behind clenched eyelids.

He stood there looking at the crying mare. He got up softly and before she noticed he hugged. He held her as close to him as possible. "I've wanted to die since the wedding..." He admitted quickly. She could now feel his tears. "..The nightmares are unbearable...if you would've taken me to the Princesses for my death. I would'nt have fought you. The fact that I am resonsible for ruining your life... I took away the only pony that made you happy. I cannot live with that on my conscience....U will never forgive me...I won't either..."

(Sorry Morning, me and Dopple have kind of took over this with the whole Dusk-Dopple drama. It should be over soon, though, and we can get back to figuring out the past of MorningDawn and Lightning :))

"I-I was tasked with getting rid of the military. I recognized him from the picture.....I see him. Every. Single. Night." He was almost sobbing. "I h hate myself for what I did please forgive me I know it's very silly of me to ask but I regret it every day and I need you to know I am very sorry! I wish I was dead rather than him!"