Process Blue (READY)

flutterscotch

Roleplay Type: Crossover

Name:Process Blue

Sex:Male

Species:Pegasus

Eye colour:Process Blue [colour=0091c9](#0091c9)[/colour]

Coat:Process Blue

Mane/Tail: Look, just everything about him is process blue, naturally, this is why he gets to (read: has to) be a skypainter at such an early age. His mane and tail are cropped ultra short to minimize shadows against the backdrop of the sky.

Physique:Fit and fast

Residence:Applewood apartment complex, the soundstage.

Occupation:Junior Mid-day Sky painter for Friendship is Magic, This entails being strapped into an apparatus that basically turns you into a pony-sized paint roller, and you fly in teams around the perimeter of a vast dome-shaped semi-rigid backdrop applying paint daily, and constantly to give the appearance of the sun rising and setting. Ponies don't have LED technology yet, and stage lighting only goes so far.

Don't ask me why ponies didn't just build a huge globe with the sky painted inside that revolves around a suspended sound stage. I have no idea. They didn't have the same inventors as us, I guess.

Cutie Mark: Usually covered up with stage makeup that matches his coat colour, but it's just a simple 6-pointed star.

History: Do you ever wonder what REALLY goes on in Equestria when we're not watching Friendship is Magic? Why nature doesn't seem to conform to the rest of the world? Why two ponies control the sun and the moon? What you, and Twilight Sparkle and her friends, might not know is that the universe we see on-screen is merely just a candy-coloured illusion that forms a carefully controlled experiment in friendship, population control and entertainment (ala the Truman Show), on a vast Soundstage by a corporate entity known as The Studio.

Most ponies who lived within the walls of the Soundstage had never left, and never would. With the exception of Luna and Celestia, who are tall actresses cast to play those parts, thus their seeming longevity. The ponies who believe they live in Equestria, for all intents and purposes LIVE in Equestria. They're born, fall in love, grow old and die, not knowing they are part of a completely fake world constructed to keep the unicorns from upsetting the status-quo and extremely tenuous of the actual world in Ponyland. Earth ponies and pegasai managed to keep it war torn enough without the inclusion of magic.

The technical crew, of which Process' family was a part, were not slaves, but rather had a contractual obligation to The Studio. Life under Studio's wing, and within the Soundstage, was preferable to the war-torn countryside outside its walls. You got plenty to eat, shelter, you just had to give up your hopes and dreams in exchange for that comfort. You had to give up your future and autonomy.

Born to a family with a long tradition of skypainting, Reflex Blue (his sire) and Viridian (his dam) met frequently when it came time to repaint the distant twilit hills and fell in love. Eventually they applied to Studio for an off-duty fraternization permit, then a domestic-partnership permit, and finally a offspring permit, but only for one foal. When Viridian bore twins, the family was heavily levied with fines

Process Blue and his fraternal twin sister Cyan, lived a simple life doing that most of the ordinary citizens of Ponyland did He grew up staying out of trouble, going to his necessary and required schooling, and awaiting his eventual appointment to Friendship is Magic. One thing you didn't do, as a resident of the Soundstage was question the whys of it. Peace and obedience was their motto. Major infractions that disturbed that were grounds to purge you from Soundstage and into the wilds outside the walls, but anyone was free to leave at any time. There was even a store that you could cash in your accumulated work credits to buy provisions from if you chose to do so.

So when Process did grow up, and became a strong enough flyer through rigorous training, he was of course drafted into the role of skypainter, just as predicted, along with his sister. The studio preferred to co-opt naturally the correct shade ponies for their background. They simply saved costs that way. For Equestria months (for he had never actually seen the real sun, so most of the folks in Soundstage calculated time by the sun and moonrise in Friendship is Magic) he and his sister, who were able to fly next to each other as a team in that part of the gradient, actually enjoyed their jobs. Although it was frowned upon, they would laugh and tell jokes as they flew. Until one fateful day where one of his jokes caused his sister to laugh, putting a hoof through the delicate reflective fabric of the hemisphere background, causing it to reveal a rift in the sky, revealing the Soundstage...which everyone in Equestria could see.

Character Summary:

Process Blue doesn't even know who he is. His upbringing within the studio hasn't left him with much room to explore himself beyond a general feeling of being content enough, and an affinity for his family, and some extremely lame jokes. He kind of just always knew that he would end up a skypainter, and probably be a skypainter, circling the hemisphere in the downward spiral he does, every day until he was too old and infirm to do so, and then he would end up with the rest of the retirees on kitchen duty until he was too old to do that and so on and so forth. The spark of hoping there's something more is just beginning to smolder in his chest though.

As a daylight skypainter, he does not even get afforded the luxury of seeing the show he is working so hard to maintain very often (which is piped, live into every dwelling), he can not really, as an older teen who finally appreciates fillies, even join in on the jovial discussions of who on the show it more attractive or dream of meeting the characters or becoming part of the cast.

His lot in life kind of sucks.

I don't even.......It's a good app, but wow, that's a LOT of 4th wall breaking. I see [colour=#ff0000]nothing wrong with it [/colour]especially since it's a crossover app, but heck, you're the SeniorRP helper here, not me.

LOL. You mean besides the MASSIVE plothole that hinges on the Studio being obliviously stupid and coming up with a way more complicated plan to subjugate the unicorns than necessary? It's there intentionally. This is supposed to be a parody of a darker and edgier Equestria. I was reading some George Saunders when this came to me.

i have an idea in mind that will give some people the chance, In the FFA section probably, to play canon cast characters as close to the way they are on the show as possible. And my character will just be the "Arthur Dent" who is caught up in it, but I want the characters themselves to be the heroes.

LOL. You mean besides the MASSIVE plothole that hinges on the Studio being obliviously stupid and coming up with a way more complicated plan to subjugate the unicorns than necessary? It's there intentionally. This is supposed to be a parody of a darker and edgier Equestria. I was reading some George Saunders when this came to me.

i have an idea in mind that will give some people the chance, In the FFA section probably, to play canon cast characters as close to the way they are on the show as possible. And my character will just be the "Arthur Dent" who is caught up in it, but I want the characters themselves to be the heroes.

Well, now that you mention it.........

There's a reason nopony would ever make me an RP helper :lol: