Mane vs Machine OOC thread

Ok, so, Michael was originally a mobian fox who lived on Mobius, but accidentally teleported himself to Equestria when he tried to test a new form of Chaos Control. Since then, he's had to live on his own in Ponyville, with no real friends he could make... But, when he heard about the robot attack that was taking place, he couldn't help himself! He made his own hat and weapons based off of the ones he usually used when he played TF2 before. Now, he's going to try and help his comrades and do everything it takes to keep the robots from blowing up Coal Town... [and possibly more areas, if this RP GOES to other locations]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Kirby said, my major issue is that it's bringing in a third crossover. Please keep it under the assumption that it's TF2 except with Equestria instead of Earth. We don't need things more complicated than it is.

In fact, I think there's a different thread going on that is a crossover of Sonic/MLP. World of Emeralds or something like that. Check the Crossover/FFA threads, Fox sounds like he would fit better there than here.

Because it bares(bears?) repeating, here I go again: Draw inspiration from unlikely sources in the TF2niverse. Hats, Miscs, the occasional secondary. For instance, what if a Pegasus was ACTUALLY a Milkman?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Special_Delivery_(Item_Set)

? Or some massive Earth Pony's day job being a Mexican wrestler?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Large_Luchadore

Even a spin on concept is cool. A logical train of thought being 'Medic - Doctor - Physical Therapist - Spa Pony', for instance.

Be creative! We love creative!

Y'know, it occurred to me yesterday during work: an idea for a Demopony. The short version (which is all I've worked out so far) is based around the Eyelander, which in the TF2niverse, is haunted by a "bloodthirsty, malevolent spirit". So I figured, what if a Daring Do-style adventurer finds this old relic in a castle and goes all Smeagol on everybody. He's/she's (I feel bad playing dudes all the time for some reason) fighting off the urge most of the time, but can't help but think about removing the occasional hat-holder. So, for the safety of those around him, he exiles himself. Then the robots attack, and he figures he can sate the sword's hunger with robot heads instead of fleshy ones.

Bam.

Y'know, it occurred to me yesterday during work: an idea for a Demopony. The short version (which is all I've worked out so far) is based around the Eyelander, which in the TF2niverse, is haunted by a "bloodthirsty, malevolent spirit". So I figured, what if a Daring Do-style adventurer finds this old relic in a castle and goes all Smeagol on everybody. He's/she's (I feel bad playing dudes all the time for some reason) fighting off the urge most of the time, but can't help but think about removing the occasional hat-holder. So, for the safety of those around him, he exiles himself. Then the robots attack, and he figures he can sate the sword's hunger with robot heads instead of fleshy ones.

Bam.

I don't even need to see a character app. Solid gold A+ character right there. I wish I had thought of that first.

tumblr_m8tzlyZFFu1qfk8y0o1_r1_400.png

Two things.

I think the Demopony will be a girl. Not the adventurer archeologist per se, but rather the tag along. A pony Short Round. Still a demolition expert and mainly responsible for "Indy" getting out of a few scrapes, ie blasting down walls. Too eager to please what she hopes to be a future love interest, she kabooms her way into a tomb to snag an ancient sword. Her first act upon being possessed is to behead Indy. Insert heroic BSOD.

Other ideas I'm playing around with are, rather than being a cyclops, a botched mixing of gunpowder gives her instead... Derp eyes.

Finally, what if her name was Bomb Voyage?

Extra finally, people need to join the Maneworks. Why? Sentry Busters. Think about it.

Demo: I'm liking what I hear. Sounds like Bomb Voyage is coming along nicely, and a Demoknightpony is always fun. (Try getting a team together to derp around on MvM easy mode and play as the Demoknight. It's actually quite powerful once you get some upgrades (winkwinknudgenudgelet'sdoitcoughcough)) Also, derp eyes instead of one eye. That sounds like fun. Maybe even giving her the Scotch Bonnet hat, since it has the face shield.

Maneworks: I'm not posting, because I'm waiting for Darkeven and NovaArkwing to post, as well as maybe Fawful if he decides to carry through with Nightshade. It's a courtesy issue with me that prevents me from posting; I'm of the "wait for everyone else to have a turn before posting again" variety, and I posted right before you. So now I'm waiting for Darkeven to post, and preferably Nova and/or Fawful too. I didn't wait very long on CoalTown because Tortoise finally posted and I got impatient.

Me having fun: I named my Engi-Botkiller Scattergun "Janice Windracer" ("Remember the name! You're gonna lose to it!"). Point of interest, it also counts how many Snipers I've killed. This is completely coincidental.

Actually, thinking about Sniper and encountering a random player with a Hale's Own Huntsman, now I'm thinking about yet another character. Huntsman, Darwin's Danger Shield, Tribalman's shiv and Ol' Snaggletooth hat. Lived on his/her own in the wild since basically foalhood. Made his/her equipment by hoof. Reasons for returning to civilization pending, but I thought that was a neat concept start.

And I have to say, I like it! I wasn't sure what to expect from your bio and then I see something akin to a Tom Clancy novel! Except I'm enjoying myself! The post is surprisingly warm and down to earth with a mare to come home to. More Black Ops than Dashing Rogue. A fine spin on tradition and absolutely nothing about it I don't like! Good show!

And I have to say, I like it! I wasn't sure what to expect from your bio and then I see something akin to a Tom Clancy novel! Except I'm enjoying myself! The post is surprisingly warm and down to earth with a mare to come home to. More Black Ops than Dashing Rogue. A fine spin on tradition and absolutely nothing about it I don't like! Good show!

Thanks so much! I didn't really notice the style of how I wrote until you mentioned it and I am a fan of Tom Clancy's work amoung other top military writers, combined with my knowledge of Modern military hardware makes things a little more exciting. And I can't wait to get this RP going there'll be plenty of surprises in store even a rival for Ghost Reaper to fight.

Hopefully I can elaborate and develop Nova's character during the RP and I left the mare's identity obscure so really it's up to the reader to guess who it is but I might reveal much later in the RP, or not we'll see how we go. As for Nova himself the concept was an inspiration from Raiden of the Metal Gear Solid series and my own style of sarcastic yet awesome characterization. ;)