Fan Pandering

kunio18

I'm not sure about this, especially considering the time lapse between an episode getting finished and its first rough draft as a story.

See, I see this argument a lot but... it's not convincing.

In the documentaries for the 1983 series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, the writers, artists etc. all talk about how, since the show was animated domestically, they could actually add ideas during the storyboard or even the animation stages--the people in those departments were in the same building, after all. So it was very much possible for an episode to have a scene, a dialogue or whatever that was not in the script.

Why am I talking about a decades-old cartoon in an MLP topic? Because MLP:FIM is also animated domestically, and they could easily toss in ideas later in the production line. Granted, it's far-fetched to say "Trixie is pandering" if they were already going to do it, but little things like the parasprites or the mention of the rock-farm could easily have been late additions anytime before voicework began.

• 1 month later...

Bronies need to be able to identify the difference between fan pandering/service and the creative process of making a show that the fans will like. It's almost like fans are pessimistic and say the show isn't as good anymore only because they expect it to fail eventually. And the fans who enjoy the show more recognize more often things that are either callbacks or coincidences in the storyboarding of the show that appear to cater to the all-ages humor that we love so much. It's a lose-lose argument, and its ridiculous. However, the moment they start throwing

at us, I'm out of here.

He makes it sound like quitting is hard lol