How Time Flies (Semi-Open, Grown-up foals RP)

Imagination

Foalhood is quick indeed! Sometimes it takes a few pictures or old stories to remember that. So short is the time where a foal gets to be a foal. Playing in the yard, snowball fights, pranking, spending time with parents by playing games or taking trips. A time where a pony is unburdened by bills, jobs, deadlines, or children of their own. They can enjoy the simple bliss of being a foal, everyday looking forward to their next day of fun and wonder.

But there is beauty to growing up as well! Responsibility! Using your talent doing a job you love! Maybe starting a family of your own, or enjoying youthful romance, and still spending time with friends and family, finding new joys and entertainment. A pony is an adult much longer than they are a foal, but it's easy to look longingly to the past.

Little Ruby Pinch was all grown up now, and having a nostalgic moment, looking through a photo album of hers. She saw pictures of her in school plays, running in the vineyard with friends who have come and gone, playing jumprope, showing off Nightmare Night costumes and frolicking in the snow at Hearth's Warming. Most of the pictures made her giggle, feeling a familiar warmth as she recalled every story each one told. She was a silly filly to be sure, and no shortage of good times to remember. But she was still young! Very young, as she kept having to remind herself. So what if she was an adult now? Everypony still knew her as that peppy, silly pony in Ponyville, and she still had plenty of get-togethers with the girls when they had a free night. She was a jeweler now, one of the best in Ponyville, three glossy rubies decorating her flank as her cutie mark. She loved her work, making beautiful necklaces and bracelets for ponies all over! Her work had been featured a couple of times in small-time fashion magazines, but small victories are still victories nonetheless! She makes a comfortable living, enough to live in her own home at the center of Ponyville.

She always did like the house. Two-stories, but not too much for one pony, and the colour was nice! That, and her mother was pleased that she wasn't moving too far away.

At the moment, she stayed curled at the couch, flipping through pages of photos to pass the time. It was a slow day, her friends seeming busy with such and such, but she understood that priorities were important. At least she still had Reno, her sweetheart from elementary school. They had been dating for a LONG time, and she always enjoyed her time with him. A lot of the pictures she had were of the two of them throughout the years... She could remember everything. She still had that first Hearts and Hooves card he gave her with the corny poem in it... She remembered their first date, their first movie, their first kiss, the first time she ever snuck out of the house to see him only to come home to an irritated set of parents...

Good times...

Time has a way of changing everything, you grow up, you move on, and you start your own life and follow your families history of wandering..Reno could never wander far from Ponyville though he was now a full time Rodeo performer and traveled with them he was ready to settle down oh was he ready... there was one pony he could see his life with forever, because when he looked back on his past there was no past without her in it.

The green maned white stallion paced outside his lovers door, heart pounding in his chest and face flushed, in his saddlebag was a box.. what if she said no? There was so much fear and so much worry of the unknown... but he had to try! He couldn't risk never having her for his own, never growing old with her! Never waking up with her right by him every morning! He couldn't live without her in his Past, Present,and Future!

He took a deep breath and charged in, he didn't give Ruby time to speak he just knelt down in front of her .

"Ruby I have to say this now or I shall lose my nerve! But I cannot imagine a single sunrise without you, and I cannot think of my future without you in it..so though I am just a common earth pony.." He reached in his bag and took out a box and opened it.

In the box was a silver bracelet with a big ruby in the center.

"Ruby Pinch will you please be my wife...?"

Ruby was just in the process of closing up that album and setting it aside... When suddenly her door came open unannounced! She pink unicorn let out a yelp of surprise! A burglar?! Home invasion?! TAXES?!

Oh, no it was her love Reno. She seemed very relieved in the moment she realized who it was... But she didn't get a moment to speak before he started saying quite beautiful words! She was no stranger to that, he always did know how to flatter her... But... Could it be? Was he really?

As soon as that box opened, her hooves covered her mouth to try and mask her shock, tears of joy welling up in her eyes. She had dreamt of this day nearly every other day and Tuesday, wondering when it was going to happen... And she still wasn't prepared for it! She too couldn't imagine her life without him. She was silent for maybe a bit longer than she should've been... In her excitement she almost forgot how to say it! Eventually she lunged out in a tearful hug to the stallion, squeezing him tight.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Yes, Reno GoLucky! I-I will!"[/colour]

Yay!

This visit was way better than taxes.

• 3 months later...

Red frost comes into the door way she had known ruby ever scence she was a filly she comes through the door

"hello Ruby your door is open I'll just close it for u "

She walks into the living room where she and Reno are hugging it hits me wat just happened

I mouth the words did he finally ask u

Frost has always been there when ruby would talk about when the day it would arrive although it got anouing at time but she was always glad that her friend was happy